Kill me Syria!

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Excellent reply.

In other words within Islam there is room for limited democracy as you have given an example.

And you are correct...the pure confusion i.e. gay marriages...everything becomes blurred because the system is trying to appease a segment of the population that is more educated, makes more money, and wants the benefits given to married couples. And everyone forgets homosexuality is a big no-no in all faiths.

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
262135_195867577131491_176978445687071_553207_7732236_n.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
:salam2:

:astag:
Do Not Wish Of Death!!!
And Allah swt is the Guide to the straight path.

~May Allah swt help and protect us all~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam .

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Well I had a nice response typed up, but my computer crashed before I could post it. It's late and I am about to go to bed, so I don't feel like re-typing it now.

I will just say thanks for all the responses. I think I have a better understanding of it now.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

:astag:
Do Not Wish Of Death!!!
And Allah swt is the Guide to the straight path.

~May Allah swt help and protect us all~Amin!

Take care!
~Wassalam .

She doesn´t ask to die but "do you really dare to kill me" even by this I understand this image.

Thanks Aapa about your posts. I appreciate your opinions.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I cant watch the news anymore! :girl3:

You should dear. You should know what is happening in this world to your sisters and brothers.

I know it hurts sometimes. I started to be interesting about kind of matters when I was 14, human rights. 30 years ago...

:shake:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

This is soo sad photos of our litlle sister,and it is remainder for all of us that we should make strong our eman and be better Muslims, so that on that way our Ummah be more strong.

May Allah protect her always and protect her from any harm of these agressors who are killing our Muslim brother and sisters. Although I must be honest that I also do not understand why everything this is happening in Muslim countries like, like in Libya, or now in Syria. May Allah protect our brothers and sisters there., but as well our brothers and sisters in Afghanistan, Kashmir, Checheniya and Palastine. Ameen Ya Rabby.

If we do not educate ourselves enough and do not apply Islam in every aspect of our lifes, than we can not except that our Ummah be in the good state, because Allah subhan wa teala sais many times in Quran that in many cases every difficulty that happen to us it is of our own fault,and our own sins.

May Allah protect our Ummah. Ameen ya Allah

:wasalam:

JenGiove

It is possible that some nations have experimented with democracy before Islam came, but what I meant was that at the time Islam came there was no democracy in the world, and Islam introduced (or re-introduced as per your post) it to the world.

But I also want to make something clear here which sometimes creates confusion.

The kind of democracy Islam presented is limited to the election of leaders and making some rules only.

The wider or general understanding of democracy is that WHATEVER majority says, goes. If majority of people say that God does not exist then God would cease to exist in that reagion. Atleast on paper. Or if they say that gay marriage is legal then it would become legal, regardless what God Almighty says.

Obviously this kind of democracy has no place in Islam. The ultimate authority is with the Allmighty God, Allah (SWT). Whatever He commands happens.

So, what I mean by democracy (in a Islamic country) is a process of making decisions or laws and chosing people within the framework of Islam. And NOT majority is ultimate authority.

Hope this clear the confusion.
:wasalam:

Brother, Thank you for expanding on you're thoughts for me. I understand what you meant much better now, thank you.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Do you know why NATO is not interesting about Syria but Libya?

Libya has oil, Syria hasn´t.

Do you know why in Gaza strip fishermen can´t go to see and navy of Israel shoot them?

I know. There is natural gas on sea.
Israel wants to steal it too.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself

Do you know why in Gaza strip fishermen can´t go to see and navy of Israel shoot them?

That's really what it's all about. It's just another form of Western colonialism to exploit natural resources.

masihuddin

I was recently in Saudi Arabia and there people were saying that the brutal Asad regime is supported by Israel and naturally the blood bath has the full blessing of the West

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
OK, so after reading that, here is an (hopefully) interesting question.

Do you think that democracy is a viable form of government in an Islamic society? I have talked to some brothers who see Western style democracy as a great evil that is incompatible with an Islamic lifestyle. But what does everyone here think?

That's an excellent question! I remember when Egypt's people were protesting, one of the protesters was asked something similar to your question but termed differently, if I can remember correctly the question was, do the Egyptian people want to be ruled according to the Islamic law, is that what you guys want? and another man who was also protesting that was not even asked the question, yelled at the journalist and said this is NOT about religion! we are not fighting for Islam, or something like that, and I was just so saddened to hear that. I mean seriously, it seemed as if he got offended as soon as he heard Islamic law. This is the main problem with many Muslim countries, they are, just like non-Muslims terrified to be ruled according to Allah's laws and this is due to ignorance I'm guessing. That's why many people want 'democracy' over Shariah law. And democracy is very different in many aspects from Islamic law.

Isra

aka Tree2008

As salamo alaikome

I totally agree with Sister Harbs post here and I have ALWAYS believed it. Protecting human rights??? What a farce that is!

Wa salam

JenGiove

EDIT: PLEASE excuse all the formating problems...I've tried 4 times to fix it and it just continues to do stuff that I do not want it to do..

masihuddin said:
I was recently in Saudi Arabia and there people were saying that the brutal Asad regime is supported by Israel and naturally the blood bath has the
masihuddin said:
full blessing of the West

According to The Khaleej Times, that is an inaccurate statement. We must avoid making blanket statements for which proof has not been provided.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Display.../May/middleeast_May129.xml&section=middleeast

Europeans want UN response to Syria violence
(AP)
6 May 2011
, 11:29 PM UNITED NATIONS — Britain, France and Germany on Friday again pressed the U.N. Security Council to respond to the Syrian government’s deadly crackdown on protesters, stressing the regional implications of the violence.
[FONT=&quot]
Last week, the deeply divided council failed to agree on a European- and US-backed statement condemning Syrian violence against peaceful protesters.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Russia said security forces were also killed and the actions don’t threaten international peace, while China and India called for political dialogue and peaceful resolution of the crisis, with no mention of condemnation.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Lebanon stressed the country’s special relationship with Syria, saying “the hearts and minds” of the Lebanese people are with the Syrian people and are supporting President Bashar Assad’s lifting of the state of emergency and reforms.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
But with a rising death toll from the government crackdown, France’s U.N. Ambassador Gerard Araud told several reporters that diplomats from the three countries again raised the “very worrying” situation in Syria during closed-door discussions Friday on the current power and security vacuum in Lebanon.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He said he told the council “that maybe at some moment the council should come back” to the Syria violence.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
British Foreign Secretary William Hague said in a speech in London Tuesday night that he had instructed British diplomats at the U.N. to begin discussions “to seek U.N. condemnation of the situation in Syria.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
During Friday’s council meeting, Britain’s deputy U.N. ambassador Philip Parham said “we pointed out that the situation is in danger of having a serious effect on the wider region.”
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
But he said Britain has not yet decided how to pursue Hague’s instruction.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Diplomats say getting Security Council agreement on a statement condemning Syria will be difficult, if not impossible.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
While the Security Council moved very quickly to condemn Libya’s crackdown on peaceful protesters and authorize military action short of a ground offensive to protect civilians, the U.N.’s most powerful body has been divided not only on condemning violence in Syria but in Bahrain and Yemen as well.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Diplomats point to the differing situations in those countries and Syria’s strategic position in the Middle East.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
But they also see signs of a backlash against further U.N. condemnations or authorization for any new military action, pointing to strong criticism, especially from Russia, about the intensity of NATO-led air strikes in Libya — including against Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi’s compound in Tripoli.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Terje Roed-Larsen, the U.N. envoy dealing with the implementation of the 2004 resolution calling for all militias operating in Lebanon to be disarmed and demobilized, stressed that all the Mideast events are interwoven.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
He told reporters after briefing the council that what he thought was “a looming storm” has become “a mega-hurricane ... maybe a tsunami” with regional and global implications.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

And in today's edition there was this article.
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/Display...une/middleeast_June700.xml&section=middleeast

[/FONT]
Syria presses sweep towards Lebanon border
(AP)

26 June 2011, 4:04 PM Syrian troops pushed towards the Lebanese border on Sunday as they pressed a deadly crackdown on dissent in central towns, where gunfire rattled overnight, activists said.
[FONT=&quot]
The latest violence in the town of Kseir, near the flashpoint city of Homs, forced ‘hundreds’ of people to flee over the border into Lebanon, the activists said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The exodus came as Turkey, where some 12,000 Syrians have already taken refuge in recent weeks, scrambled to build a border tent city to accomodate a possible new influx of refugees.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Rami Abdel Rahman, who heads the London-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, told AFP in Nicosia that shots rang out overnight in Kseir — 15 kilometres (nine miles) from the border with Lebanon, and in Homs.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
‘Shots were heard overnight Saturday in the town of Kseir,’ he said quoting residents, adding that, further north, gunfire was heard in several neighbourhoods in Homs.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
‘Yesterday (Saturday) hundreds of residents fled from Kseir to Lebanon,’ Abdel Rahman said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Four civilians were shot dead by security forces on Saturday, two of them in Kseir and the other two in Kiswah, south of the capital.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Activists say that security forces have bolstered their presence in Kseir since Friday while troops have been controlling areas of Homs for several days, as part of a policy to crush pro-democracy protests. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The sweep against the opponents of the autocratic regime of President Bashar Al Assad has also seen troops backed by tanks storm villages near the border with Turkey.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
On Saturday, tanks rumbled into Al Najia, after similar operations in Jisr Al Shughur, seized June 12, and Khirbet Al Joz, where troops deployed on Thursday, activists have said.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Al-Najia is on the road linking the northwestern city of Latakia to Jisr Al Shughur — home to 50,000 people, most of whom fled after the army seized the town, with many crossing into Turkey.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The pro-government newspaper Al Watan said the military sweep was aimed at ‘tracking down armed groups’ who have committed ‘horrible crimes’ against peaceful residents.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
It described Khirbet Al Joz as a ‘key crossing for armed groups from and to the Turkish’ border, adding that the army ‘is now cleansing’ the village of any armed presence, securing roads and protecting residents.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
In Lebanon, a cleric and a village headman said hundreds of people, mostly Lebanese living in Syria, had sought safe haven in the northern Akkar region over the weekend.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Around 350 to 400 people streamed into Kuneissat on Friday and Saturday, said the headman of the Lebanese border village Ali Hammud, adding that most came from Al Hit and Dweik villages and some from Kseir.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
'They came after hearing rumours that the violence could spread to Al Hit and Dweik,’ said imam Shaikh Mustafa Hammud. ‘It is just a precaution,’ he added, expecting them to go back soon.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Anti-government protests swelled on Friday with tens of thousands of people surging onto the streets in response to Syrian Revolution 2011 — a Facebook group and driving force behind three months of demonstrations.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Security forces used live ammunition and tear gas against the protesters, killing 18 people and wounding scores more, activists told AFP.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Abdul Karim Rihawi of the Syrian League for Human Rights said funerals were held on Saturday for Friday’s victims. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Friday’s protests contested the ‘legitimacy’ of the Syrian regime, dominated by the ruling Baath Party for nearly five decades, despite Assad’s offer earlier in the week of a ‘national dialogue’ and a general amnesty.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Syria’s crackdown has triggered waves of international condemnation.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The European Union imposed fresh sanctions on the regime and its cohorts this week, targeting as well Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards accused of helping the regime to quell the unrest — a charge denied by Damascus. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
EU leaders also adopted a declaration on Friday denouncing ‘in the strongest possible terms the ongoing repression and unacceptable and shocking violence the Syrian regime continues to apply against its own people.’ [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
Meanwhile opposition figures announced they will meet in Damascus on Monday to discuss ‘how to solve the crisis’ which has gripped Syria since mid-March
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
The Syrian Observatory says 1,342 civilians have been killed in the government’s crackdown and that 342 security force personnel have also lost their lives.
[/FONT]

This is the composition of the EU and the voting distribution:

http://www.consilium.europa.eu/showPage.aspx?id=242&lang=EN

Distribution of votes for each Member State:
Germany, France, Italy, United Kingdom 29
Spain, Poland
Romania
Netherlands 13
Belgium, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Portugal 12
Austria, Bulgaria, Sweden
Denmark, Ireland, Lithuania, Slovakia, Finland 7
Cyprus, Estonia, Latvia, Luxembourg, Slovenia 4
Malta
TOTAL

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
That's an excellent question! I remember when Egypt's people were protesting, one of the protesters was asked something similar to your question but termed differently, if I can remember correctly the question was, do the Egyptian people want to be ruled according to the Islamic law, is that what you guys want? and another man who was also protesting that was not even asked the question, yelled at the journalist and said this is NOT about religion! we are not fighting for Islam, or something like that, and I was just so saddened to hear that. I mean seriously, it seemed as if he got offended as soon as he heard Islamic law. This is the main problem with many Muslim countries, they are, just like non-Muslims terrified to be ruled according to Allah's laws and this is due to ignorance I'm guessing. That's why many people want 'democracy' over Shariah law. And democracy is very different in many aspects from Islamic law.

So what about a situation where people can democratically elect their leaders, but all of the rules and regulations of that society are according to Shariah law? Would that be acceptable?

If there is not election, how do you determine who becomes the leader of the society?

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
So what about a situation where people can democratically elect their leaders, but all of the rules and regulations of that society are according to Shariah law? Would that be acceptable?

If there is not election, how do you determine who becomes the leader of the society?

MashaAllah brother, that's another good question. The thing is I don't really know much about the Islamic law system or process, but I'm guessing that it's really different from how it's done in many of the U.S. and other western countries. I don't think there's supposed to be any "running" of candidates, which includes debates, making a lot of promises which most are just false, to gain more votes, etc.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
MashaAllah brother, that's another good question. The thing is I don't really know much about the Islamic law system or process, but I'm guessing that it's really different from how it's done in many of the U.S. and other western countries. I don't think there's supposed to be any "running" of candidates, which includes debates, making a lot of promises which most are just false, to gain more votes, etc.

See, I am only familiar with a Western style democracy since I have lived my whole life in the USA. I hate what our political system has become though. As you said, it's just empty promises and lies to get elected, and catering to special interest groups who control campaign contributions. The real popular vote means little to nothing anymore thanks to the electoral college. Look at the 2000 election. Al Gore won the popular vote, but lost the electoral vote, and thus the Presidency.

I'm not sure I would be comfortable with a monarchy-style Caliphate, but I've become disillusioned with our "democracy" (which is really more of a republic than a democracy anyway).

mezeren

We are all sorry about the innocent that suffers all over the world whether they are muslim or not.We want a peaceful life for them.We support that they have a say in how thay are governed,but...

But,i am totally against the real oppressor,the west and its foundations, to get involved in others' affairs knowing that they bring nothing but harm.Their intentions are evil,their aim is to exploit others recources.

i think there is something fishy about all the events we have been witnessing lately,from Tunusia to Egypt,Libya,Yemen,Syria etc.it is becoming for the west just another form of oppression.They destroy countries,they makes us pay for the whepons with wich they kill people,they are the ones who will get the lion's share when the country gets reconstructed,they will possess the recources saying that you owe them for the services they give.

i beleive that every country must solve their problems by themself.Never ever seek help from the west.We know what they did in Iraq,Afganistan,Pakistan and others all over the world.Look what happens in Libya right now.

The protest should be peacefull,we should pray for them and do our best to help.it is time for muslim countries to unite and form a UN like foundation and take care of the problems.When the intention is right,Allah's help are there.Do not forget that the intention of the west is evil.

May Allah give muslims and all innocent people peace and happiness.Amin.