Kill me Syria!

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
262135_195867577131491_176978445687071_553207_7732236_n.jpg

JenGiove

:salam2:

Sister Harb,

First, I'm glad to see you again... :) I've missed you....

Second, and please excuse my ignorance but what does it say on her forehead? Btw, isn't she just the darlingest??

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
She is sooooo cute MashaAllah !

When dictators are confronted, this is what happens. They kill people who demand their rights. Here is latest news:

Troops shoot at Syrian protesters, 16 killed
Jun 24, 2011, 17:55 GMT

Syrian security forces fired live ammunition at anti-government protesters after Friday prayers, killing 16 people, activists said.

A Syrian pro-democracy activist in Lebanon told the German Press Agency dpa that the victims included two children. The death toll could not be independently verified.

At least six people were killed near Damascus, while three protesters died in Homs, the Syria Revolution group posted on Facebook. The other deaths were in the southwestern city of Rif Dimashq, and Kaswa, south of the capital.

Seven wounded Syrians from Homs arrived at the border with Lebanon Friday. A Lebanese security source, who was not authorized to speak to media, said they had gunshot wounds.

The violence comes as thousands took to the streets on Friday to demand the ouster of President Bashar al-Assad. The protests after Friday prayers have become a weekly occurrence across Syria since March.

Human rights groups say that more than 1,300 civilians have been killed and 10,000 detained since the uprising began mid-March. Hundreds of security personnel have also been killed in the uprising.

Meanwhile, broadcaster Al Arabiya reported that soldiers from the army's first division in the Damascus suburb of Kaswa had defected. But a government official told state television the reports were 'baseless' and that the division was not deployed in the city.

In neighbouring Lebanon, about 400 Syrians who work in Beirut marched in support of al-Assad. They carried Syrian and Iranian flags and were holding posters of the president.

In the northern Lebanese port city of Tripoli, which is dominated by Sunni Muslims, about 200 people positioned themselves outside the main mosque, demanding that al-Assad's step down.

The government crackdown in Syria has been led by al-Assad's minority Alawaite sect, an offshoot of Shia Islam. The majority of the population is Sunni Muslim.

More than 1,500 Syrians crossed the border on Thursday, bringing the total number of displaced Syrians there to 11,739, Turkey's semi-official Anatolia Agency reported Friday.

'We do not see them as a group of refugees but as guests,' Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said, according to the report.

'Whenever they decide to end their stay, we will put forth every effort to help them return to their homes in peace,' he said.

'Turkey has exerted great efforts to bring about the fulfillment of reforms and the rightful demands of the Syrian people. Contact with Syria has never been interrupted,' Davutoglu said.

:wasalam:

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
OK, so after reading that, here is an (hopefully) interesting question.

Do you think that democracy is a viable form of government in an Islamic society? I have talked to some brothers who see Western style democracy as a great evil that is incompatible with an Islamic lifestyle. But what does everyone here think?

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

The situation in Syria has gotten so bad I cant even watch the news anymore. I was watching Al Jazeera a couple weeks ago and they reported about a couple of boys who were friends ages 13 and 15. I guess they decided to join the protesting and were captured and TORTURED!!!! They showed some pictures of the bodies once they were returned to the families and they were so brutilized the news had to block out most of the faces of the boys! The 13 year old had his genitals cut off!!!! I couldnt believe that!!!! What could a 13 year old possibly know or do to have something that horrible happen to him???? What kind of animals are these who can torture such young innocent children???!!!!

In my opinion Syria has done much worse than Libya! I dont know what can be done about such terrible events! I just pray to Allah to help the families of the victims. Ya Rabb!

I cant watch the news anymore! :girl3:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

There is no problem with democracy in Islam. Actually Islam introduced democracy to the world. The process is a little different but the concept is the same. People nominate a person and other people approve them by putting their hands on the hand of that person (called bayah), or reject them.
This is how the Khulfa-e-Rashedeen meaning the first 4 Khalifas (rulers) were elected.

At that time Khaifas were elected for life, but with a catch... If it is found that they have done anything sinful or against Islam hudood laws then they could be removed from that position.

But these processes were not cast in stone or prescribed in Quran. So a process of putting name on a paper or selecting name in a paper (ballot) instead of putting hand is perfectly right.

And these days there is voting happening everywhere. In many Muslim countries this process is used of people giving vote to elect their representative or leader. You can call it democracy or whatever.

So there is no issues here. I know, Some people are too picky and I don't want to comment on this kind of attitude. Some people just don't like the word democracy... go figure.
I just ignore them.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

First, let us pray for the innocents.

We have to be wary of news services. In general. We need to go back and understand what is going on from a historical perspective. In order for us to gain a sense of the chaos we need to discard history as it is whitewashed for us.
The terms we are used to understanding are now incorrect. We have to seek the true meaning of the word.
The truth is out there. You just have to be brave enough to embrace it.

Democracy as it is applied in the US does not exist. What we have here is a fascist state. These are not my thoughts. For those that live in the US..look around.

What we have are angry people. The entire world is angry. The peoples have been robbed and raped.

Greed is all it is.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
OK, so after reading that, here is an (hopefully) interesting question.

Do you think that democracy is a viable form of government in an Islamic society? I have talked to some brothers who see Western style democracy as a great evil that is incompatible with an Islamic lifestyle. But what does everyone here think?

Democracy is another 'religion' in simple sentence.

The earth belongs to Allah, and only and only the Law of Allah should be applied here.

democracy: of the people, by the people (!:SMILY27:!), for the people (!! :SMILY27: !!)

Islam: of Allah, by the revelation and rasool salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam, for the mankind.

In Islam: the owner, Al-malik of the all power is Allah
in democracy: the owner , the authority of all power is people !!

this is one kind of shirk, shirk in Asma-us Sifat, associating partner in the sifat of Allah

wa-llahu a'lam

wassalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

Slow down brother...you are correct but not everyone can understand this. Yes, we all know that the Islamic system is the correct one. But for a new revert we have to give them time to familiarize themselves with the totality that is Islam.

( and there are many countries that are Muslim majority whose leaders are in need of reviewing fiqh)

Brother Just a Guy,

If we ( mankind) lived according to Islamic law we would not have the disturbances we have worldwide.
We don't. ( no breaking news here).

For example:

In the western world we live by the laws of retribution but our judicial system uses the laws of rehabilitation. That leads to total confusion. In this democratic system..we have a jury of peers that decides what needs to be done but have little to do with the sentencing..more confusion...we have trials that will charge a person with everything but the crime they committed.

Also keep in mind the laws were written for the landed gentry and not simple folks like us.

Sister Harb, please forgive me but I had to respond..
back to Syria...Insha'Allah with the advent of Ramadan people will come to their senses.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

While I didn't understand everything you said because the terms are unfamiliar to me you may be incorrect in this statement.

History of Democracy..
http://www.historyworld.net/wrldhis/PlainTextHistories.asp?historyid=ac42

...either that or my mathematics is way off....which is a distinct possibility considering my disability in the subject.

It is possible that some nations have experimented with democracy before Islam came, but what I meant was that at the time Islam came there was no democracy in the world, and Islam introduced (or re-introduced as per your post) it to the world.

But I also want to make something clear here which sometimes creates confusion.

The kind of democracy Islam presented is limited to the election of leaders and making some rules only.

The wider or general understanding of democracy is that WHATEVER majority says, goes. If majority of people say that God does not exist then God would cease to exist in that reagion. Atleast on paper. Or if they say that gay marriage is legal then it would become legal, regardless what God Almighty says.

Obviously this kind of democracy has no place in Islam. The ultimate authority is with the Allmighty God, Allah (SWT). Whatever He commands happens.

So, what I mean by democracy (in a Islamic country) is a process of making decisions or laws and chosing people within the framework of Islam. And NOT majority is ultimate authority.

Hope this clear the confusion.