Let's collect Hadiths!

ajazz

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said,
“Ten matters are from upright natural disposition: Trimming the moustache, lengthening the beard, using the siwak, rinsing the nose, cutting the nails, washing the joints, plucking the hair under the armpits, shaving pubic hair and cleaning one’s private parts with water (istinja).” The narrator said, “I have forgotten the tenth, but it may have been rinsing the mouth.”
(Sahih Muslim)

ajazz

Kindness

Muslim & Bukhari "Allah is not kind to him who is not kind to people."

Tirmidhi, Saheeh: Related by Aboo Daawood (no. 4177) and at-Tirmidhee (no. 1877). It was declared authentic by Imaam al-Albaanee in as-Saheehah (no. 417): "He who does not thank people does not thank Allah."

Sahih Bukhari, Book 71, Ch. 16, No. 2025
Narrated 'Aisha (r.a.): "Allah's Messenger [FONT=Helvetica, Arial](SAW)[/FONT] said, "Be calm, O 'Aisha! Allah loves that, one should be kind and lenient in all matters."

ajazz

Forgiveness

Hadith - Qudsi 34

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as it.

ajazz

Reverts New Muslims

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Sahih Bukhari (#70) and Muslim[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Hakim ibn Hizam said to the Prophet (saw), "You know that in the days before Islam I used to maintain family ties, free slaves, and give charity. Will I be rewarded for any of those deeds?" The Prophet (saw) replied, "You accepted Islam with all the good you did in the past."[/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Bukhari (#24), Muslim, Dawud, and Ahmad[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Sa'd ibn Abi Waqqas said, "Four verses in the Qur'an were revealed concerning me. My mother had sworn an oath not to eat or drink until I had part company with Muhammad (saw). So Allah [swt] revealed: "But if they (both) strive with you to make you join in worship with Me others that of which you have no knowledge, then obey them not, but behave with them in the world kindly, and follow the path of him who turns to Me in repentance and in obedience. Then to Me will be your return, and I shall tell you what you used to do."[/FONT] [The Noble Qur'an - Luqman 31:15]​

halah

Asking for permission

Asslamu alaikum,it seems as I've missed a lot but here's another participation,

Volume 8, Book 74, Number 258:

Narrated Sahl bin Sa'd:

A man peeped through a round hole into the dwelling place of the Prophet, while the Prophet had a Midray (an iron comb) with which he was scratching his head. the Prophet said, " Had known you were looking (through the hole), I would have pierced your eye with it (i.e., the comb)." Verily! The order of taking permission to enter has been enjoined because of that sight, (that one should not look unlawfully at the state of others).

(Al Bukharee)

ajazz

Imam Bukhari narrated that:

Ammar ibn Sa'id al-Tujibi reported that Umar Ibn al-Khattab said, "Whoever fills his eys with the sight of the interior of a house before being permitted is a wrongdoer".

ajazz

Huzail said, "A man came and stood at the door of the Prophet(saw)seeking permission to enter. The Prophet (saw)said to him, "Like this or like this (perhaps indicating that he should stand to the right or left of the door but not directly before it, for seeking permission is legislated for sight.

(Abu Dawud : Sahih)

Imam Bukhari also explained in Al Adab Al Mufrad that the person should not loook inside a house before getting permission. If you do [look inside before asking permission], you have already entered [that is, trespassed]."

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom, dear sister

This one is soooooooooo beautiful!!!

(36) Yahya related to me from Malik from Abu Hazim ibn Dinar from Sahl ibn Sad al-Ansari that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was brought a drink and he drank some of it. There was a boy at his right and some old men on his left. He said to the boy, "Will you give me permission to give it to these people?" The boy said, "No, Messenger of Allah, I will not prefer anyone to get my portion from you." He said, "So the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, placed it in his hand." (Book #49, Hadith #49.9.18)

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom, dear sister

(42) Malik related to me from Nafi from Ibn Umar that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "No one should milk someone else's cow without his permission.[/U] Would any of you like someone to come to his apartment, break into his larder, and take his food? The udders of cows guard their food for their owners, so no one should milk someone else's cow without his permission." (Book #54, Hadith #54.6.17)

Next topic is "Treating Women"

Saifu deen

Alhamdullah..
:salam2:

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 118:

Narrated 'Ursa: Aisha said, "While the Ethiopians were playing with their small spears, Allah's Apostle screened me behind him and I watched (that display) and kept on watching till I left on my own." So you may estimate of what age a little girl may listen to amusement
------------------
Volume 1, Book 6, Number 298:

Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet and I used to take a bath from a single pot while we were Junub. During the menses, he used to order me to put on an Izar (dress worn below the waist) and used to fondle me. While in Itikaf, he used to bring his head near me and I would wash it while I used to be in my periods (menses)
---------------

Reference: http://www.usc.edu/dept/MSA/fundamentals/hadithsunnah/bukhari/062.sbt.html

Wassalamu Alykom

ajazz

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Muslim, #3465[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]'Abdullah b. 'Amr [/FONT] [FONT=Helvetica, Arial]reported Allah's Messenger (SAW) as saying: [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial]The whole world is a provision, and the best object of benefit of the world is the pious woman.[/FONT]

ajazz

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial]Sahih Al-Bukhari 7.117 Narrated 'Aisha, r.a.[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial] The eleventh one said, "My husband is Abu Zar and what is Abu Zar (i.e., what should I say about him)? He has given me many ornaments and my ears are heavily loaded with them and my arms have become fat (i.e., I have become fat). And he has pleased me, and I have become so happy that I feel proud of myself. He found me with my family who were mere owners of sheep and living in poverty, and brought me to a respected family having horses and camels and threshing and purifying grain. Whatever I say, he does not rebuke or insult me. When I sleep, I sleep till late in the morning, and when I drink water (or milk), I drink my fill."[/FONT]
[FONT=Helvetica, Arial] ....'Aisha then said: Allah's Apostle SAAWS said to me, [/FONT][FONT=Helvetica, Arial]"I am to you as Abu Zar was to his wife Um Zar."[/FONT]

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

(219) Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah's Apostle was on a journey and he had a black slave called Anjasha, and he was driving the camels (very fast, and there were women riding on those camels). Allah's Apostle said, "Waihaka (May Allah be merciful to you), O Anjasha! Drive slowly (the camels) with the glass vessels (women)!" (Book #73, Hadith #182)

Mu'awiya ibn Hayda said, "I asked, 'Messenger of Allah, what is the right of someone's wife over him?' He said, 'That you feed her when you eat and clothe her when you clothe yourself and do not strike her face. Do not malign her and do not keep apart from her, except in the house.'" [Abu Dawud]

(1) Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "O Muslim women! None of you should look down upon the gift sent by her she-neighbour even if it were the trotters of the sheep (fleshless part of legs)." (Book #47, Hadith #740)

(2) 'A'isha reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: Gabriel impressed upon me (kind treatment) towards the neighbour (so much) that I thought as if he would confer upon him the (right) of inheritance. (Book #032, Hadith #6354)

ajazz

In a Hadith, related by Jabir (R.A.), the Prophet (PBUH) is reported to have said
"Neighbors are of three kinds. Firstly, the neighbor who enjoys only one right (and as far as rights are concerned) he is of the lowest grade. Secondly, the one who enjoys two rights and thirdly the neighbor who enjoys three rights.

The neighbor with only one right is the Polytheist (i.e. a non-Muslim neighbor with whom there are no family ties). The neighbor with two rights is the neighbor who is also a Muslim (as such he has a claim as a neighbor as well as a fellow Muslim) and the one with three rights is the neighbor who is a Muslim and a Relative - he has a claim as a neighbor, as a fellow Muslim and as a relative".

Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) commanded me thus,
"O Abu Dharr! Whenever you prepare a broth, put plenty of water in it, and and give some of it to your neighbours".
[Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer! By Allah, he is not a believer.'' It was asked, "Who is that, O Messenger of Allah?'' He said, "One whose neighbour does not feel safe from his evil".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "O Muslim women! No one of you should consider insignificant (a gift) to give to her neighbour even if it is (a gift of) the trotters of a sheep".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Aishah (May Allah be pleased with her) reported: I said, "O Messenger of Allah (PBUH), I have two neighbours, to which of them should I send a present?'' He (PBUH) replied, "To the one whose door is nearer to you".
[Al-Bukhari]

Hadith, related by Anas (R.A.), the Prophet (PBUH) said
"He has not affirmed faith in me (i.e. he is not a true follower) who eats to his satisfaction and sleeps comfortably at night while his neighbor goes hungry - and he is aware of it."

Prophet (pbuh) explained the physical limits of neighbors:
Every forty houses are your neighbors: The ones in front of you, the ones from the back, the ones on the right and the ones on the left. [Tahhawi]​
The rights of the neighbor is that, when he is sick you visit him; when he dies, you go to his funeral; when he is poor you lend him (money); when he is in need you protect him; when he is in happiness you congratulate him; when he is struck with a calamity, you condole him; don't raise your building above his to cut off the wind from him; don't harm him with the good smell of your food unless you let him have part of it. [Tabarani]

farhopes

No God but Allah
Sobhan Allah!!! Yesterday I had the intention to make the next topic "treating neighbours". Isn't that amazing???

It is narrated on the authority of Anas that the Prophet (may peace blessings be upon him) observed: By Him in whose Hand is my life, no, bondsman (truly) believes till he likes for his neighbour, or he (the Holy Prophet) said: for his brother, whatever he likes for himself. (Book #001, Hadith #0073)

(4) It is reported on the authority of Abu Huraira that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) observed: He who believes in Allah and the Last Day should either utter good words or better keep silence; and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should treat his neighbour with kindness and he who believes in Allah and the Last Day should show hospitality to his guest. (Book #001, Hadith #0075)

(17) Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: None among you should prevent his neighbour from fixing a beam in his wall. Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) then said: What is this that I see you evading (this injunction of the Holy Prophet)? By Allah, I will certainly throw it between your shoulders (narrate this to you.) (Book #010, Hadith #3918)

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:

Abu Shurayh al-Khuza'i reported that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Anyone who believes in Allah and the Last Day should be good to his neighbour. Anyone who believes in Allah and the Last Day should honour his guest. Anyone who believes in Allah and the Last Day should speak well or be silent." [Muslim. Al-Bukhari has part of it.]

'Abdullah ibn 'Umar reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The best of companions in the sight of Allah Almighty is the one who acts best towards his companion. The best of neighbours in the sight of Allah Almighty is the one who acts best towards his neighbour." [at-Tirmidhi]

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

How about " Mqaking Du'a ( supplication or invocation)" to be our next topic inshaa Allah??