Looking 4 a name for my baby sis

Almeftah

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله

Salsabeel or Salsabil in arabic=سلسبيل, It is the name of a spring of ginger in Jannah.

Habasha Sister

i like these names

Aselamu alaykum

Nezifah, Newal, Nejiba, Nebila, Khulud, Elham, Habla, Siterellah, Siyam, Selima, Hasenat, Hilwa, Nessri, Rania, Rehana, Rewda, Entisar, hmm these r what i remember now.

*Sana*

.~.Slave of Allah.~.
whats up hayat? don't you know that Maria was prophet mohamad's wife?

sisters brothers if im mistaken please correct me..

Assalamualaikum,

No Sister you are right. Mariyah was one of the wives the Prophet :saw: married for socio-religious considerations. The Prophet's :saw: letter to the ruler of Egypt inviting him to Islam was answered evasively, but it was accompanied with gifts of gold and two beautiful Coptic Christian slaves, as presents to the Prophet :saw:. One was Mariyah and the other Sirin. The Prophet :saw: married Mariyah and gave Sirin to Hasan Ibn Thaabit. Mariyah gave birth to Ibrahim who died in infancy.

SOURCE: A-Z Guide to the Quran, By Mokhtar Stork.

Hope that helps.

Wasalaam.

AdamMuslim

Besm Allah,
Assalamou ALikom Wrahmatou Allah,

First of all congratulations,
Personally, I like HAJAR and MARIAM.
:wasalam:

Attachments

• hajar.gif
    hajar.gif
    6.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Maryam.gif
    Maryam.gif
    5.6 KB · Views: 58

nizar83

selemu aleikum,.first of all im very happy for you.congrats with your new sister.

i have to say that it would be very very smart to check out bila'philip's video on names..which names are allowed and which not,

im sure the name emaan is makrooh(disliked), imagine yourself being asked: is emaan at home? no emaan is not in the house lol

meaning no, faith is not in my house,

try to find names with a real meaning to them inshallah..names of the companions / wives / daughter of the prophet salalahu wa3alayhi wasalam

take care
ma3a selema

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
Jenna? Jenna? Jenna?!!!

Hmm, what does it actually mean? Yeah a name should a name that ahs a good meaning, or it's the name of great people, not just aword LoL. That's why I picked Abdul Hasib, sounded beautidul, and I gave myslef a nother name because it sounds beautiful and it's the names of the Sahabi Subhanallah. I think my Kalo named me that. :(

Um...Jenna HAS a pretty strong meaning...HEAVEN.

As for the other names I picked (as you seem to be addressing me, if I'm not mistaken)...

Malaika means angel
Madinah is the second holiest city in our deen.

I would think those names have "good meaning," but you're entitled to your own opinion...:]

Abdul Hasib

Student of Knowledge
Gosh I hope I didn't sound harsh to you sister. :( Gufranaka, please forgive me if I did. I didn't intedn to, it was just a question, didn't mean to make you feel kinda hurt or anything. Salam.

Suhaila1

~~~~~~
It's no big deal. It seemed to me that you were using a patronizing tone, but I guess that wasn't your intention. Thanks for your apology.

palestine

Servant of Allah
Maria was one of the prophet's wives and she was the only one who had a son for him named Ibrahim. i checked after hearing it from al musilmah. so she's right. mashallah. she was given to the prophet as a gift from one of his companions and he loved her dearly. salam.

PEMBA65

:ma:
Slaamz all of ya

first of Alhamdolillah i hav a new sis ..i tried da internet 2 find her a name bt i didn't like any of da names i saw. so i thought 2share it wid you lot..please tell me names you know..it has to be religious-whether from the Quran or names of the companions of the prophet...Jazakaallah kheir

Wasalaam

Mabruq Sister,

Here are my favourite

(Aisha Zulfa Safaa)

Shukran

ALLAH AKBAR

muna

ابنة الاسلام
Someyya-da 1st shaheedah in Islam

Jazakumullah kheir all of yo..4 da beuatiful namez ..i didn't noe which 2 choose..anywayz my sis is now named as Someyya by ma mum n thnx 2 sum of da bros already mentioned it..

Slaam

awahummuneeb

baby's name

Salwa is definitely a lovely name,,,,meaning a person who comforts the others,,,i think at khadijah which was such a comfortable wife 4 our beloved prophet saws,,,having this feature is really a blessing frm Allah swt,,,

Hajer n Zaynab r also nice,,,

:salam2:

i like all these names but i like the name

anawa or just nawa muneeza hejjab

Almeftah

السلام عليكم

Insha' Allah i'm planning on naming my daughter to come "lolwah".

"Lolwah" Kuwaiti Arabic = "Luluah" plane arabic, meaning "Pearl".. :)

"Luluah" is mentioned in quran as "Lulu" for more than two pearls.

(quran 52:24)And there go round, waiting on them menservants of their own, as they were hidden pearls (Lulu). (24)