Losing my faith

Assalamu alaikum

Like the title says, I am losing, if I have not already lost, my faith.

I have been doing a lot of scientific study, reading, from reliable sources online. It seems to me science explains pretty much everything from the creation of the universe, to the creation of life on earth, without the need for a God or religion.

From the big bang creating the universe, to evolution creating life. There is so much evidence for this, it is undeniable.

God on the other hand has no credible evidence. There is no evidence for His existence, that can't be explained scientifically. By this I mean you could say look at all the wonders of the world, of course there is a God...but it can all be explained scientifically and without the need for God. If God existed why would He not make His existence easy to be seen and believed.

I have not been able to find much evidence that any of the prophets existed, other than their mentioning in scripture.

It is scientifically impossible that all humans came from two people, Adam and Eve. This might be the biggest problem I am having at the moment. There is Mitochondrial Eve and Y-chromosomal Adam, our most common ancestors, but they lived tens of thousands of years apart. Also the story of Adam and Eve, their children marrying each other, incest...honestly I find this disgusting.

A lot of what is written in the Holy Qu'ran and other scripture seems far fetched to me. Almost like a fairy tale. From Jesus, peace be upon him, raising people from the dead. To Muhammad, peace be upon him, splitting the moon. Noah's ark and the flood (would science not be able to prove this happened?). God waiting billions of years from the creation of the Universe and earth to put humans on earth. To things like ants talking to Solomon.

I question why there is thousands of God worshiped now a days, so many religions, etc. How does God expect us to find His one true religion.

In terms of religion, only Islam makes sense. If any religion is the one true religion, it's Islam. No doubt about this. But then I find myself asking why would God condemn everyone to eternal suffering other than Muslims. Why would he let people think Jesus, peace be upon him, was crucified. Because I understand it wasn't Jesus, peace be upon him, that was crucified but someone was and wouldn't this mean God let people be deceived and think it was Jesus, peace be upon him, when it wasn't.

I have many, many other questions but I'll leave it as this for now. I wonder if anyone will bother reading even this much.

I will conclude by saying since I lost my faith, my belief in God, I feel depressed, alone. I feel my life no longer has any meaning. I still can't completely abandon faith but truth be told the only reason I haven't completely abandoned it is because I still fear Hell. i find the notion of Heaven and Hell hard to believe as well, but I can't not fear burning in Hell for ever and ever, suffering such unimaginable pain, if Hell exists.

I beg you brothers and sisters, read what I have wrote and give me advice. I would like more scientific, logical advice, rather than spiritual, faith advice, if that makes sense. I do make Dua to Allah. I do still prayer but I feel nothing and I'm pretty sure since I currently don't believe in God, my prayer is not accepted and I'm wasting my time.

Jazak Allah Khayran for anyone who is willing to read all this and help me in anyway. Even if you just make Dua that Allah increases my Iman or gives me a sign or something so that I can believe again and go back to being happy instead of depressed and miserable which what I am currently.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
:salam2:

Brother, InshaaAllah I hope some of the other brothers and sisters can help with providing you with the evidence you are looking for. I just want to remind you that it is obvious that you're not happy with the things you are feeling, so this proves that you DO have faith, alhamdulilah. You have to remember there is something called waswasah, and you are NOT the only one who goes through this type of test and trust me, it's a big test. There are hundreds of Muslims who go through these stages as their knowledge in Islam grows. It is shaytan who puts doubts in the hearts of some Muslims and tries to destroy their faith in Allah when he sees that you are wanting to learn more about Islam and you want to get close to Allah. The fact that you are not happy at all, in fact miserable shows that you do believe in Allah. Please try to put these doubts aside inshaaAllah as best as you can. Keep performing your five salaah and keep making dua. I know you don't want people to advice you to do dua, but you have to understand, dua is the weapon of the Muslim. I will also make dua for you brother.

May Allah take away your doubts and replace them with certainty in the oneness of Allah, may Allah give you beneficial knowledge so that shaytan will never again be able to harm you in any way especially in your faith, Allahuma amin:)))

Brother, InshaaAllah I hope some of the other brothers and sisters can help with providing you with the evidence you are looking for. I just want to remind you that it is obvious that you're not happy with the things you are feeling, so this proves that you DO have faith, alhamdulilah. You have to remember there is something called waswasah, and you are NOT the only one who goes through this type of test and trust me, it's a big test. There are hundreds of Muslims who go through these stages as their knowledge in Islam grows. It is shaytan who puts doubts in the hearts of some Muslims and tries to destroy their faith in Allah when he sees that you are wanting to learn more about Islam and you want to get close to Allah. The fact that you are not happy at all, in fact miserable shows that you do believe in Allah. Please try to put these doubts aside inshaaAllah as best as you can. Keep performing your five salaah and keep making dua. I know you don't want people to advice you to do dua, but you have to understand, dua is the weapon of the Muslim. I will also make dua for you brother.

May Allah take away your doubts and replace them with certainty in the oneness of Allah, may Allah give you beneficial knowledge so that shaytan will never again be able to harm you in any way especially in your faith, Allahuma amin:)))

Ameen and thank you for your kind words sister :)

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Ameen and thank you for your kind words sister :)

Waiyaka brother. Also I wanted to share this excellent video with you and anyone else who's interested inshaaAllah. do take a look at it. Hope it will benefit you. Again may Allah ease your pain and help you. Amin.

[YT]juYhCEnVqZU[/YT]

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh

may Allah help you find your way back, i understand very much how science can take place in the hearts and Allah will not find place there anymore, but the strongest phrase i wanted to say is that: science observes, science makes observations, science does not explain..
does not have proffs that we are inteligent human beeings, does not explain what inteligence fashioned so amazing the DNA chain, there is no such thing as born from chaos...

we observe much but just think who painted the small black dots on the ladybugs wings, who hanged the sun up in the sky, by what force our eyes adapts from light to dark, our digestive sistem how well keeps what is good for our body and eliminates what is bad...there are so many signs like Quran says, what of the favours of our Lord will we deny ?

is very hard to find the right religion and Allah told us that if He wanted, He would make all of us belivers, but think that is a big reward waiting for the belivers so as any reward this has to be gained, inchallah
on this site there are videos and link-s about evolution, if you search inchallah

Blessed is He in whose hand is dominion, and He is over all things competent -
67:2
[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving -
67:3
[And] who created seven heavens in layers. You do not see in the creation of the Most Merciful any inconsistency. So return [your] vision [to the sky]; do you see any breaks?

in this moment what makes your heart beat ?

may Allah guide us all

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalamu alaikum

I have been doing a lot of scientific study, reading, from reliable sources online. It seems to me science explains pretty much everything from the creation of the universe, to the creation of life on earth, without the need for a God or religion.

From the big bang creating the universe, to evolution creating life. There is so much evidence for this, it is undeniable.

God on the other hand has no credible evidence. There is no evidence for His existence, that can't be explained scientifically. By this I mean you could say look at all the wonders of the world, of course there is a God...but it can all be explained scientifically and without the need for God. If God existed why would He not make His existence easy to be seen and believed.

I have not been able to find much evidence that any of the prophets existed, other than their mentioning in scripture.

It is scientifically impossible that all humans came from two people, Adam and Eve. This might be the biggest problem I am having at the moment. There is Mitochondrial Eve and Y-chromosomal Adam, our most common ancestors, but they lived tens of thousands of years apart. Also the story of Adam and Eve, their children marrying each other, incest...honestly I find this disgusting.

A lot of what is written in the Holy Qu'ran and other scripture seems far fetched to me. Almost like a fairy tale. From Jesus, peace be upon him, raising people from the dead. To Muhammad, peace be upon him, splitting the moon. Noah's ark and the flood (would science not be able to prove this happened?). God waiting billions of years from the creation of the Universe and earth to put humans on earth. To things like ants talking to Solomon.

I question why there is thousands of God worshiped now a days, so many religions, etc. How does God expect us to find His one true religion.

In terms of religion, only Islam makes sense. If any religion is the one true religion, it's Islam. No doubt about this. But then I find myself asking why would God condemn everyone to eternal suffering other than Muslims. Why would he let people think Jesus, peace be upon him, was crucified. Because I understand it wasn't Jesus, peace be upon him, that was crucified but someone was and wouldn't this mean God let people be deceived and think it was Jesus, peace be upon him, when it wasn't.

I have many, many other questions but I'll leave it as this for now. I wonder if anyone will bother reading even this much.

I will conclude by saying since I lost my faith, my belief in God, I feel depressed, alone. I feel my life no longer has any meaning. I still can't completely abandon faith but truth be told the only reason I haven't completely abandoned it is because I still fear Hell. i find the notion of Heaven and Hell hard to believe as well, but I can't not fear burning in Hell for ever and ever, suffering such unimaginable pain, if Hell exists.

I beg you brothers and sisters, read what I have wrote and give me advice. I would like more scientific, logical advice, rather than spiritual, faith advice, if that makes sense. I do make Dua to Allah. I do still prayer but I feel nothing and I'm pretty sure since I currently don't believe in God, my prayer is not accepted and I'm wasting my time.

Jazak Allah Khayran for anyone who is willing to read all this and help me in anyway. Even if you just make Dua that Allah increases my Iman or gives me a sign or something so that I can believe again and go back to being happy instead of depressed and miserable which what I am currently.

Wa alaikumassalam warahmatullah,
Welcome to TTI website brother,I am glad you came here :) .
My dear brother, as my sister said many people have been where you have been.So be assured that it is normal and it is because of the whisperings of shaytaan as the sister said,waswasas.
It is human nature and a healthy human nature to question,ponder and reflect.
Let me talk about science for a moment. Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe.Science involves experimentation "observation" of the "observable" and based on the observation ,calculations are performed.
The Oxford English Dictionary says that scientific method is: "a method or procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses."
Be aware my brother,everything in this world is a function of probability.That is there is unsurity in everything.
Max Planck a pioneer quantum physicist said,'Anybody who has been seriously engaged is scientific work of any kind realizes that over the entrance to the gates of the temple of science are written the words: 'Ye must have faith.'
So nothing is really scientifically explainable,except that they exist in the form theories,hypothesis and laws(formed based upon experimentation).

We live in a universe which has at least three dimensions to them,matter/energy,space and time.These are the boundaries wherein we are restricted.
Allah is above these boundaries and is not confined by any of these boundaries.So how can one explain Allah on the basis of scientific experiments performed in another environment?How can anyone comprehense and explain Allah using tools based in an environment which is limited(walyadhubillah) and Allah is not bound by them.
Can a baby inside his/her mama's tummy explain her mama's existence and the existence of an outer world without having any for of communication with them?
They are trying to explain,but end up with mere assumptions.As it says in the Qur'an in the interpretation of the meaning:

And they say, "There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time." And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.[45:24]

And that was your assumption which you assumed about your Lord. It has brought you to ruin, and you have become among the losers."[41:23]

So how can we know that God exists?We have got to have communication with Him.Which we do have in the form of messages including Qur'an which is the last message from God to mankind and which has not been corrupted because God promised to protect it.

There are no footprints without feet.There are no writings without a writer.There is no painting without a painter.There is no creation wihout a creator.All we have got to do is look for those hints and signs around us and witin us pointing towards the creaor and ponder,reflect and think about them.
Allah gave us 'aql(intellect) to use it to ponder upon these signs.
There are signs outside and around us(ayatul aafaqi) and signs within us (aaytul anfusi).All we need to do is ponder upon these signs as Allah says in the Qur'an in the interpretation of meanings:

Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and earth, and the alternation of the night and the day, and the [great] ships which sail through the sea with that which benefits people, and what Allah has sent down from the heavens of rain, giving life thereby to the earth after its lifelessness and dispersing therein every [kind of] moving creature, and [His] directing of the winds and the clouds controlled between the heaven and the earth are signs for a people who use reason.[2:164]

Indeed, in the creation of the heavens and the earth and the alternation of the night and the day are signs for those of understanding.[3:190]

And of His signs is the creation of the heavens and the earth and the diversity of your languages and your colors. Indeed in that are signs for those of knowledge.[30:22]

So observe the effects of the mercy of Allah - how He gives life to the earth after its lifelessness. Indeed, that [same one] will give life to the dead, and He is over all things competent.[30:50]

We will show them Our signs in the horizons and within themselves until it becomes clear to them that it is the truth. But is it not sufficient concerning your Lord that He is, over all things, a Witness?[41:53]

It requires pondering and reflections upon signs within us and outside us and combine them with the signs in Qur'an(aayatul Qur'an) which in itself asks for reflections and pondering over,as it says in the interpretation of meaning:

[This is] a blessed Book which We have revealed to you, [O Muhammad], that they might reflect upon its verses and that those of understanding would be reminded.[38:29]

It is He who sends down upon His Servant [Muhammad] verses of clear evidence that He may bring you out from darknesses into the light. And indeed, Allah is to you Kind and Merciful.[57:9]
There is a poem in urdu by Allama Iqbal which is as follows:

Khol Ankh, Zameen Dekh, Falak Dekh, Faza Dekh
Mashriq Se Ubharte Huwe Suraj Ko Zara Dekh

Open thy eyes and look above,
Look at the streak of dawn;

Iss Jalwa-e-Beparda Ko Pardon Mein Chupa Dekh
Ayyam-e-Judai Ke Sitam Dekh, Jafa Dekh

Look at the veiling of the vision;
Look at the banishment unfair;

Betab Na Ho Maarika-e-Beem-o-Rija Dekh!

Look at the battle of hope and fear.

Hain Tere Tassaruf Mein Ye Badal, Ye Ghataen
Ye Gunbad-e-Aflak, Ye Khamosh Fazaen

Thine are the clouds, the rains, the skies,
Thine are the winds, the storms,

Ye Koh Ye Sehra, Ye Sumandar Ye Hawaen
Then Paish-e-Nazar Kal To Farishton Ki Adaen

The woods, the mountains, the rivers are thine;
The world of the angels was a void;

Aaeena-e-Ayyam Mein Aaj Apni Ada Dekh!

Look at the peopled earth, which is thine.

If we ponder upon ourselves and things around us,I would like to ask one creation that has been causing harm to the environment around us while everything else is in complete haromony with the environment.
The answer is humans.We have caused the most harm on earth and exist inspite of all the harms that we have caused herein while everything else support us.
As Allah says in Qur'an in the interpretation of the meanings:

It is Allah who created the heavens and the earth and sent down rain from the sky and produced thereby some fruits as provision for you and subjected for you the ships to sail through the sea by His command and subjected for you the rivers.[14:32]

And He has subjected for you the night and day and the sun and moon, and the stars are subjected by His command. Indeed in that are signs for a people who reason.[16:12]

And [He has subjected] whatever He multiplied for you on the earth of varying colors. Indeed in that is a sign for a people who remember.[16:13]

And it is He who subjected the sea for you to eat from it tender meat and to extract from it ornaments which you wear. And you see the ships plowing through it, and [He subjected it] that you may seek of His bounty; and perhaps you will be grateful.[16:14]

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].[31:20]

Why is Islam the only true religion?

Firstly, what it teaches about the Creator matches what can be understood rationally by everyone everywhere, i.e. that there is One Creator that is unlike the creation. There are lots of verses in
the Quran that expound this idea. For example:

“Say: He is God, the One and Alone, God the one whom everything needs and who Himself needs nothing, He is not born, nor does He beget, and there is nothing that can be compared to Him.” [The Quran; Chapter 112 - The Purity, verses 1-4]

The second thing in Islam’s favour is that the scripture has been preserved in a remarkable manner. The history of this preservation is itself worthy of some study, but for brevity I’ll just relate some comments of various scholars on this matter, for example: The orientalist Richard Burton writes that the Qur’an we have today is ‘the text which has come down to us in the form in which it was organized and approved by the Prophet…What we have today in our hands is the mushaf [text] of Muhammad.’ Kenneth Cragg describes the transmission of the Qur’an from the time of revelation to today as occurring in ‘an unbroken living sequence of devotion.’ Schwally writes in Geschichte des Qorans that ‘As far as the various pieces of revelation are concerned, we may be confident that their text has been generally transmitted exactly as it was found in the Prophet’s legacy’.

They certainly seem convinced of the Quran’s authenticity.
In fact, one could pick up a copy of the Quran from any mosque anywhere in the world, and one could compare these with manuscripts dating to within thirty years after the death of the Prophet Mohammed and you would find the text unchanged except for the style of writing and certain marks placed to aid pronunciation. This is quite remarkable for a text just over 1400 years old. Not only is there an excellent record of written preservation, but the Quran has a remarkable history of oral preservation as well. Muslims claim other scriptures have been changed, lost and distorted in various ways, but the Creator (whose word the Quran is) has promised to preserve the Quran because it is the last revelation from the Creator for humanity and thus Mohammed :saw: is the final messenger. Although Muslims themselves are human and fallible, and as such do not necessarily represent the true face of the religion, the Quran, and example and teachings of the Prophet remain intact for people to be able to find out what God’s guidance really is.
The third reason we should sit up and take notice is because the message of Islam claims to be a universal one, that is, for everybody regardless of race or status, and indeed makes clear that the Creator does not look at a person’s colour, race, tribe, wealth or status, but rather at a person’s heart, goodness and deeds.

It’s also interesting that the word ‘Islam’ is an Arabic word that has a meaning, and that it is a descriptive term that means ‘submission’ or ‘surrender’ to the Creator.

A Muslim then is one who claims to obey and follow the Creator’s guidance. It also claims that this basic message of believing and following the One, Unique and transcendent God is the basic message that the Creator has always revealed through special chosen people referred to as Prophets or Messengers.

The name of this religion is not connected to a particular person or place. Judaism (Juda), Christianity (Christ), Buddhism (Buddha), Hinduism (India), Zoroastrianism (Zoroaster), are all connected to a person or place. So, for example, if one lived in some remote location and never heard that a man called Jesus, who is also God and God’s son, died for one’s sins, there is no way at all that one could come to the realisation of this through one’s mind or through experience. You could never reason it. Someone would have to tell you.

This is not the case with Islam.

The basic idea of Islam, that there is a Unique Creator whose guidance we should follow, is something anyone anywhere could figure out. As an idea, Islam, submission to the One God, is truly universal.

Why wouldn't God show Himself to us?Because this life is a test.If you have read the Qur'an,you must have read the second chapter Suratul Baqarah,wherein it says in the interpretation of the meaning:

This is the Book about which there is no doubt, a guidance for those conscious of Allah -
Who believe in the unseen, establish prayer, and spend out of what We have provided for them,[2:2-3]

This life is the life of accountability wherein we are tested with good and bad as it says in Surah Mulk,in the interpretation of meaning:

[He] who created death and life to test you [as to] which of you is best in deed - and He is the Exalted in Might, the Forgiving -[67:2]

And it is He who has made you successors upon the earth and has raised some of you above others in degrees [of rank] that He may try you through what He has given you. Indeed, your Lord is swift in penalty; but indeed, He is Forgiving and Merciful[6:165]

And We divided them throughout the earth into nations. Of them some were righteous, and of them some were otherwise. And We tested them with good [times] and bad that perhaps they would return [to obedience].[7:168]

Remember my dear brother Qur'an is what gives life to hearts,so you have got to hold onto it in order to succeed and be patient and persevere.So if you want to need the truth about life,ourselves and God,Qur'an is the answer.If you want to increase faith Qur'an is the medicine,the cure.The spring of hearts,the light of chests,the banisher of sorrows and a cure to anxiety.
May Allah help you and me and every muslim and guide you and me and every truth seeker to the truth and keep us all stead fast.Ameen.

Allah is the ally of those who believe. He brings them out from darknesses into the light. And those who disbelieve - their allies are Taghut. They take them out of the light into darknesses. Those are the companions of the Fire; they will abide eternally therein.[2:257]
My gift for you following dua and ayatus sakinah listen to them and read them inshaAllah.
Dua:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JQfqaUhy-g[/ame]

Verses of tranquility:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ikP6d3C3hQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

fagie

science really doesnt explained gravity very well , apart from it being a 'fundamental interactions of nature'.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baarakaatuh,

If you want to study signs of Science, I ask you to pick up a Qur'an and read it's translation. Never done that before? It's about time you do it.

Read Alijah `Ali Izaat bigovich's book "Islam In the East and West" [Know the guy, don't you], you'll see what's wrong with the theory of evolution trying to explain your grandpa was an ape.

Thridly, Do make sure you let brother Hamza tzortzies (pff! I'll never get this name right) talk to you, anyway. The guy focuses and debates and gives dawah to athiest and agnostic. You shall find him helpful.

Last, which is not logical but spiritual, make dua. I know you didn't ask for it, but I give you this advice anyway. Put your head on the ground, and call onto Allaah, He's the one who guides people. Be sincere and if He finds goodness in you. He'll guide you.

P.S. Sorry about not addressing your questionr. Most, if not all, have been discussed here many times, It's just that you asked so many all at once. It's hard to decided where to begin. Take a calming breath and start it one by one. Inshaa'Allaah that way it'll be more easier for us to help (if we can Inshaa'Allaah) and for you to understand.

rahman2040

This may help u

FULL - New - Dr. Zakir Naik - Quran & Modern Science
[yt]r5h6CNhtVls[/yt]

Quran and Modern Science
[yt]HKagROW3Tt4[/yt]

Is Qur'an God's Word Dr Zakir Naik
[yt]D-UzYB-UUko[/yt]

2011 Oxford Union Debate Address By Dr Zakir Naik FULL
[yt]e594FaHPPrc[/yt]

Dr. Zakir Naik - Does God exist?
[yt]E2s14T6x5AM[/yt]

Allah knows best

abdul-aziz

Assalamu alaikum

patience is the missing link in your case. Most of the time people reach a decision without intellectual contemplation.

for example, you go study football, or any sport for that matter. You learn all the rules and all the regulations behind it. Now does that justify that you know how to play that sport. It is night and day difference between reading about something and actually participating in doing it.

Having said that, if you have found interest in science, why not go and obtain a degree in science. Surely reading about it online will not educate you enough to fully understand the study. Then go work in the field.

It has been in my experience the more intellectual a person grows the more they Quantify and are appreciative/accepting of their faith.

Allah says if he wanted to he could of made all mankind believe:

[Saheeh_International] Indeed, those upon whom the word of your Lord has come into effect will not believe,

[Saheeh_International] Even if every sign should come to them, until they see the painful punishment.

[Saheeh_International] Then has there not been a [single] city that believed so its faith benefited it except the people of Jonah? When they believed, We removed from them the punishment of disgrace in worldly life and gave them enjoyment for a time.

[Saheeh_International] And had your Lord willed, those on earth would have believed - all of them entirely. Then, [O Muhammad], would you compel the people in order that they become believers?

Surat Yunus (10) ayat (96-99)

[Saheeh_International] Thus have We sent you to a community before which [other] communities have passed on so you might recite to them that which We revealed to you, while they disbelieve in the Most Merciful. Say, "He is my Lord; there is no deity except Him. Upon Him I rely, and to Him is my return."

[Saheeh_International] And if there was any qur’an by which the mountains would be removed or the earth would be broken apart or the dead would be made to speak, [it would be this Qur’an], but to Allah belongs the affair entirely. Then have those who believed not accepted that had Allah willed, He would have guided the people, all of them? And those who disbelieve do not cease to be struck, for what they have done, by calamity - or it will descend near their home - until there comes the promise of Allah. Indeed, Allah does not fail in [His] promise

[Saheeh_International] And already were [other] messengers ridiculed before you, and I extended the time of those who disbelieved; then I seized them, and how [terrible] was My penalty.

[Saheeh_International] Then is He who is a maintainer of every soul, [knowing] what it has earned, [like any other]? But to Allah they have attributed partners. Say, "Name them. Or do you inform Him of that which He knows not upon the earth or of what is apparent of speech?" Rather, their [own] plan has been made attractive to those who disbelieve, and they have been averted from the way. And whomever Allah leaves astray - there will be for him no guide.

[Saheeh_International] For them will be punishment in the life of [this] world, and the punishment of the Hereafter is more severe. And they will not have from Allah any protector.

surat Ar-Ra'd(13) ayat (30-34)

wa Allah ya'lam

:wasalam:

Ajaz Bhat

Think! afala yatafaqqaroon

Dear brother
U say> It seems to me science explains pretty much everything from the creation of the universe, to the creation of life on earth, without the need for a God or religion.
It is not so as I shall give you some arguments as follows:

U say>From the big bang creating the universe,

A: Big bang theory was proposed to explain the expanding nature of our universe (an experimental finding). Big bang theory says since the things are receding away from each other, they must have been at a time from the same point, very logical. Now the question is What was beyond big bang ? What led to big bang.? Where is the universe expanding? How come space form? where was there matter before then since there was no space ? Was there any matter (energy) and space(time)? if yes, from where did that came if not where from did the current matter come? If matter (energy) came from
NOTHING, then why do we have coservation of mass and energy law now? If this law is wrong, then all the physics so far established has to be rewritten.
There are so great number of assumptions in the theory of big bang, it makes it a lot critical in scientific community. Specially now since we know that the universe is not only expanding but accelerating, which CANNOT be explained by Big bang. People are proposing things like back reaction mechanisms, event horizons, super symmetry etc, all with a lot of flaws.
I am a physics-computing-neuroscience reseracher. Frankly speaking, all calculations, we do involve quite UNREALISTIC assumptions, like universe is homogenous, which has no grounding, just to make calculations possible. Universe is isotropic which has no proof, another big assumption... to cut long story short, we yet know almost NOTHING!!!
U say>> to evolution creating life. There is so much evidence for this, it is undeniable.

First, evolution did not CREATE life. How life was created is still a mystery. Some theorists say life formed because the very tough conditions of early earth led SUDDENLY to the formation of biomolecules, these biomolecues SUDDENLY started to arrang together, then they SUDDENLY started to work together and hece first precursors of life cocervates were formed. After that Evolution started. There was an experiment on this issue, scientsists did their best to simulte that old scenario and made possible the formation of some amino acids in lab. Good! But the fact is also that the reaction led to the formation of molecules that will NEVER allow these amino acids to BE there, they will again react to get destructed. Scientists had to design special apparatus to keep away all these molecules formed during the reaction to let the amino acids survive. So the question is how is is possible that amino acids survived, We cannot here even use the word ACCIDENTLY here!!! Next how did the other biomolecules form?? Why did not the scientists LET molecules arrange to from cocervates. They could have easily created life Now with these condition, thery claim??? So many assumptions here also!!! The probability of formation of one amino acid is 10power (-40). From this what is the probability of formation of all amino acids required for life??. what is the probability of the fromation of one peptide sequence formation rightly.??? All this is 1 divided by trilillilos of trillions of trillions. and goes on........
You might want to believe in this, but see this.. You know mona lisa painting, Somebody say, I spill billions of times a mixed jar of colors on the wall, I willcome up with Mona Lisa!!! It is like this, If I keep all quartz, plastic and glass particles together and shake them for millions of years together, I will get SONY brand laptop!! so nice!!!!!! wanna believe???

The other theorists say life came to earth from OUTSIDE of the earth by the striking of some meteor etc .
well there is no answer to this..!! becuese it leads to same question, HOW did life come on those meteors etc???

have so many answers to each of your questions, I also used to think this way some three years before. But it is nothing but lack of knowledge and understanding . Check the DEBATES WITH worlds leading ATHIESTS on the following wibsites and I hope you will be convinced, that ISLAM is the way of life.
http://www.hamzatzortzis.com/
http://www.adamdeen.com/
See how athiestism gets crumbled to ground!
and some lecture by bilal philips, abdur raheem green, yasir fazaga etc . If still not convinced, PM me -- , we will discuss more!
Wassalam u alykum
Ajaz

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

May Allah guide you dear brother to the right path and protect your eman, InshAllah.

As other brothers and sisters have already adviced you brother, I think the best and the most clear answer on your question is explained in Quraan, and after in Sunnah of our Prophet sallahu alayha wa saalam.

As Muslims we belive in only One God- Allah and we belive that He is the Only Creator of everything. This belief is not based only on our personal opinions but as well on scientific proves. Allah subhanahu wa teala expained us everything brother in Quraan, the way how we were created( from dust, the water and on the end by birth), the reason and purpose of our existance on this World and Hereafter.

Allah subhanahu wa teala sais: "Does man think that he will be left Suda [neglected without being punished or rewarded for the obligatory duties enjoined by his Lord (Allah) on him]?Was he not a Nutfah (mixed male and female discharge of semen) poured forth?Then he became an 'Alaqa (a clot); then (Allah) shaped and fashioned (him) in due proportion.And made him in two sexes, male and female.Is not He (Allah Who does that), Able to give life to the dead? (Yes! He is Able to do all things). " ( Surah Al Qiyyamah, Ayah 36-40)

"And indeed We created man (Adam) out of an extract of clay (water and earth).

Thereafter We made him (the offspring of Adam) as a Nutfah (mixed drops of the male and female sexual discharge) (and lodged it) in a safe lodging (womb of the woman).

Then We made the Nutfah into a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood), then We made the clot into a little lump of flesh, then We made out of that little lump of flesh bones, then We clothed the bones with flesh, and then We brought it forth as another creation. So blessed be Allah, the Best of creators." ( Surah Al Muminun, Ayah 12-14)

"O mankind! If you are in doubt about the Resurrection, then verily! We have created you (i.e. Adam) from dust, then from a Nutfah (mixed drops of male and female sexual discharge i.e. offspring of Adam), then from a clot (a piece of thick coagulated blood) then from a little lump of flesh, some formed and some unformed (miscarriage), that We may make (it) clear to you (i.e. to show you Our Power and Ability to do what We will). And We cause whom We will to remain in the wombs for an appointed term, then We bring you out as infants, then (give you growth) that you may reach your age of full strength. And among you there is he who dies (young), and among you there is he who is brought back to the miserable old age, so that he knows nothing after having known. And you see the earth barren, but when We send down water (rain) on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells and puts forth every lovely kind (of growth)." ( Surah Al Hajj, ayah 5)

There are many more proves from Quraan which are explaining on beautiful and clear way how Allah has created human beings which are guiding human beings toward thinking about our creation and our Creator.

When we think how human being was only a drop of water on the begining, but after of that litlle drop of water Allah created bones and clothed them with flesh,heart, ears to listen, two hands to use, two legs to walk with them, tounge and mouth to talk and eat with them, two eyes and blessing of sight. Alhamdulilah everything has been created on the perfect way. Our body shape is completely perfect, head, two eyes, two legs and two arms is everything on its place.

Allah subhananahu wa teala created our faces on the most beautiful way and every human being has unique apperiance and diffrente face. If we think better who except Allah can create so many diffrent faces and still to Him are not missing the new ideas. If unbelivers are claming that this world has been created by " accidente", than let they try to make anything by " accident", but Alhamdulilah we know that is not possible. It is not possible niether by scientific, niether by logical thinking that everything that Allah has created, the rivers, strong mountains, high sky, deep oceans, green forests, animals and on the end us human being is created from nothing and by accident.

If they say the truth than why do they not try to make something by accident. Alhamdulilah they will never be able to do that, because Allah is the only Creator.

Logically thinking, not even one atom can not come from nowhere,and when they are making researches, they are going from one materia and they are seperating on on millions and billons of other smaller materias, and this is going without any end. And once they come to even small materia like one atom, than they should ask themselves, who has created this atom? It is Allah Alhamdulillah like everything is testifying by itselfe that there is a Creator.

I hope InshAllah our answers will be usefull for you dear brother and for all of us. Ameen summa Ameen

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

a_stranger

Science does not explain how this being was created while faith in the one creator explain it, science is talking about the laws our creator put and planned. Our world is running in accordance with the will of our creator, science is exploring what Allah subhanahu wa taaala put and planned. Please try to purify your heart and humble your self then truth will be clear in front of your eyes . Don't mix with atheists , they can ruin your faith. You need to study Quran with open heart

Please see the following link:

http://www.scienceinquran.com/toc.html

You can choose to believe or not to believe but you will be suffer the consequences of your choise , please think twice.

Absolute truth

لا إله إلا الله
Assalamu alaikum
:wasalam:

What's undeniable bro, evolution has nothing to say about origin of creation, it's about evolution of already present creation, right !
Refer to "islam between east and west" here:
http://bemuslims.weebly.com/corrupted-beliefs.html
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YIhFWWMppM&feature=youtu.be&t=29s

To Muhammad, peace be upon him, splitting the moon.
Proof from official NASA site:
http://www.forsanelhaq.com/en/showthread.php?t=89622
Noah's ark and the flood (would science not be able to prove this happened?).
I think, u refer to what kuffar say about biblical flood, which is different from islamic concept, they say its time is... and it covered th whole world, which isn't the case in quran.
To things like ants talking to Solomon.
Allah made him able to understant it, Can't He ?!
http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/dawah/0007.htm

. But then I find myself asking why would God condemn everyone to eternal suffering other than Muslims. Why would he let people think Jesus, peace be upon him, was crucified. Because I understand it wasn't Jesus, peace be upon him, that was crucified but someone was and wouldn't this mean God let people be deceived and think it was Jesus, peace be upon him, when it wasn't.

Rewards r by intentions in islam, right.
A kafir intend to to reject his creator forever, right.

We suppose, they saw Jesus ascent, Does that make difference ? It's more probably they would elevate him to God as this is their intentions. Trinity was innovated hundreds of years after Jesus as i understand.

We ask Allah to guide u and eliminate your doubts bro.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
by the way you fear the punishment of the Hell,it means that you're not losing your faith.go straight on,overpass the obstacles remembering that Allah has created you to be tested.as it had passed over the prophet A'yub (Giobbe)AS.Allah tested his faith until he had no strenghts to carry on.but he had a lot of patience and he didn't surrender,then Allah rewarded him.
as for you and for us.it's a test.and if we had no faith that we will pas it,then we won't overcome.you must think to your faith as something hidden in your deeper heart,unbreakeable,undestroyable,untouchable...don't let Shaytan persuade you,because he maybe shows you an easier path,but remember that he will take your soul to the Hell.we know our story,we must be like that fish which swims against the current of the river,to achieve the source,while the kafara billah,will remain in the valley,thinking that they are better than us,because the stay on a plane ground.
we muslims can see the horizon from the peak of the mountain,but we have to climb hardly.I hope the metaphore helped you:wasalam:

The_truth

Assalamu alaikum

Asalaamu Alaikum, There is no possibility that an illiterate man who lived in the middle of a desert 1433 years ago could have written a book such as the Qur'an. It is not even possible it could have come from any human on this Earth. We are giving you translations of the verses of the Qur'an but to really appreciate its magnifcence one needs to read it in its original language.

Unlike the Bible and Old Testament that have been subject to innumerable translations, doubtful and spurious transmissions, and corruptions at the hands of clerics up till now (with the “gender sensitive” versions coming out these days), the Qur'an was transmitted to us in an unprecedented and unique manner according to rigorous rules of transmission. The Qur'an was revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) via the angel Gabriel, and the Prophet subsequently memorized the whole scripture.

Thousands of the Companions of the Prophet learned the Qur'an directly from the Prophet (pbuh). They memorized it and were known in Islamic history as huffaadh (the memorizers and preservers of the Qur'an). Moreover, a number of Companions wrote it down during the lifetime of the Prophet (peace be upon him), and it was compiled in its entirety immediately after his death.

The following generation of Muslims learned the Qur’an directly from the Companions. Thus the chain of teaching and learning through direct contact continued systematically, methodically, and meticulously until the present age.

Additionally, several of the Companions of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) were appointed as scribes to record the words of the revelation directly from the Prophet himself on parchment, leather, or whatever else was available. The most famous of these scribes was Zayd ibn Thabit, who also memorized the entire Qur’an, and he formed with the others a community of huffaadh that can be compared to academic societies of our present time.

We know the Qur’an was recorded in totality during the lifetime of the Prophet (pbuh) and the different surahs (chapters) personally arranged by him. Many copies of the text were used for study and teaching, even in Mecca before the Hijrah, the migration to Medina.

The entire Qur’an was written down during the lifetime of the Prophet Muhammad, and trusting the fact that many scholars knew it by heart, it was not collected in one volume. It was personally arranged by him, and the Muslims memorized it in the same order. The companion Uthman reported that whenever a new verse was revealed, the Prophet would immediately call a scribe to record it. He would instruct the person to put the specific verse or verses in a particular chapter.

Furthermore, every year during the month of Ramadan, the Prophet would recite the whole Qur’an from beginning to end in its present-day arrangement, and everyday people could hear it from his own lips in the mosque. Its sequence is no mystery. Many of the Companions not only memorized it completely, they also wrote it down and even added commentary (tafseer) on their own personal copies. When the Prophet passed away, the whole Qur’an was already written down, but it was not yet compiled in book form.

During the rule of the first Caliph Abu Bakr, there was a rebellion among some distant Arab tribes that resulted in a series of fierce battles. In one particular battle, a number Companions who had memorized the Qur’an were killed. The Companion Omar worried that the knowledge of the Qur’an was in danger, thus he convinced Abu Bakr that the Qur’an should be compiled into book form as a means of preserving it once and for all.

Zayd bin Thabit was entrusted with this important task. Zayd followed strict methods in his compilation and had dozens of other huffaadh recheck his work to ensure its accuracy. Abu Bakr, who had also committed the entire Qur’an to memory, approved of the final product. After Abu Bakr passed away, the copy was passed to the Caliph ‘Omar, and then Uthman.

However as the Muslim world expanded into lands where the people spoke Arabic as a second language, the new Muslims had a difficult time learning the correct pronunciation of the text. The Caliph Uthman consulted other Companions, and they agreed that official copies of the Qur’an should be inscribed using only the pronunciation of the Quraysh tribe, the Arabic dialect that the Prophet spoke.

Zayd bin Thabit was again given this assignment, and three other huffaadh were assigned to help him in the task. Together, the four scribes borrowed the original, complete copy of the Qur’an, duplicated it manually many times over, and then distributed them to all of the major Muslim cities within the empire. Two of these copies still exist today: one is in Istanbul and the other in Tashkent.

One must keep in mind that in traditional learning in the Arab world, transmission was based upon an oral tradition as well as a written one; the Arabs (and later all Muslims) excelled in accurately reporting scripture, poetry, aphorisms, etc. through the generations without change. Similarly, the chain of huffaadh was never broken, and thus the Qur'an today has reached us in two forms: the memorized version transmitted through the scholarly chain, and the written version based upon the Companions’ initial recording.

If the Qur’an had been changed, there would be huge discrepancies between these two today, as the Qur’an has reached isolated (and sometimes illiterate) communities through the memorized form of transmission without the written form to correct it. No such discrepancies have ever been recorded or reported. In other words, isolated village A in African Mali and isolated village B in Afghanistan will both produce contemporary huffaadh reciting the same words of the Qur’an, though they did not learn from a similar printing of the scripture nor has there ever been a concerted international effort to rectify would-be discrepancies.

Allah has said in the Qur’an that He alone will protect His book, and indeed He has kept His promise. The Qur’an that we read today contains the same exact words that were revealed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) over 1430 years ago. This is quite a miracle, especially when you consider that NO other group of people can say that their book has not been subject to change by the time it reached the present generation.

Only the Qur’an has survived through the centuries unchanged, and the language in which it was revealed, classical Arabic, still enjoys practical usage around the world. While classic English of the 14th century can be understood by only a very few native English speakers, the Qur’an can be understood by the vast majority of Arabic-speaking Muslims. When compared to other scriptures, the Qur’an is unique in these two respects.

Furthermore, from the prolific arts that have accompanied Qur’anic learning and transmission, we can learn of the auspiciousness and honor with which the Muslims have traditionally held the Qur’an. The visual arts of calligraphy and binding, and the vocal art of recitation represent examples of such arts, and from them we can see that veracity of transmission would be understood as a fundamental aspect of Qur’anic reverence.

As regards the proofs within the Qur'an itself, they can be found in the following Qur’anic challenges:

Surah 17, verse 88:
*{Say: If men and jinn should combine together to bring the like of this Quran, they could not bring the like of it, though some of them were aiders of others.}*

And Surah 2, verse 23:
*{And if you are in doubt as to that which We have revealed to Our servant, then produce a chapter like it and call on your witnesses besides Allah if you are truthful.}*

Unanimity of Muslim Scholars

The unanimity of Muslim scholars throughout the ages has also proved that the Quran we have is the same which the Prophet had. The same holds true for some unbiased Orientalist scholars who studied the Quran and found the style and the wording exactly the same as that which was common during the time of the Prophet himself.

Another point that needs reflection is that the Quran contains many scientific miracles that were proven to be correct only recently; it therefore stands to reason that had there been any change in the Quran, such verses or many of them, would have disappeared and even changed, and thus proven wrong.

Oral Transmission

Moreover, the Quran has been handed down through generations and centuries by means of oral transmission alongside the written text and that one of the unique merits of Muslims is their ability of maintaining an unbroken chain proving the authenticity of their texts throughout all these centuries.

Many people memorize the Quran in various parts of the world. All of them meet in one place at one time and recite the same Quran. This leaves no doubt that the Quran we have today is the exact one that was recited 1430 ago when the Prophet was alive.

Language of the Quran

Another logical proof is the decline in the level of the Arabic language and the spoken dialects which we find everywhere in the Arab world.

The deterioration in the level of the spoken Arabic, although affecting the tongues of people, did not in fact come close to the Quranic text. It is because of this that we find the Quranic text being unique in the way it is recited and the way it is written.

It is different in the written form as well as the oral form from the other written or oral texts.

Why? Because it was protected against the factors of time and space.

And for this job to be completed, Allah has enabled many scholars who specialized in the Quranic text whether in the written or the oral form and made their vocation in life to transmit it as exactly as it existed in the Prophet's life.

Quranic Manuscripts

Another physical proof showing the authenticity of the Quran is the large number of Quranic manuscripts dating back to the early times of Islam. One of the manuscripts existing today is the personal copy of the mus-haf (physical copy of the Quran) that belonged to Caliph Uthman Ibn Affan.

This copy still carries the traces of the blood of Uthman who was killed when he was reciting the Quran not long ago after the death of the Prophet. The manuscript has been examined not only by Muslims but also by non-Muslims, and it exists till today as standing evidence of the authenticity of the Quran.

By bringing this manuscript and comparing it with all other manuscripts that have been written through different generations in different parts of the Muslim world, we can see how exactly the same they are.

We can also notice the difference between the text written there and the normal way of writing Arabic words and the question will rise: why did not the normal way of writing affect the way of writing the Quranic text? The simple answer to this is that the uniqueness of the Quran made it very special and as a way of keeping this specialty is keeping it in the same formula it was firstly written.

Challenging the Quran

A long time ago, the Quran challenged people to produce something similar to one verse or ten verses or one surah of it. The challenge was not met and people are still unable to meet the challenge which means the text is still the same miraculous one that was recited during the Prophet's lifetime.

Of course, some biased non-Muslim Orientalists have tried their best to raise misconceptions regarding the authenticity of the Quranic text we have today.

These attempts have been very old indeed and all of them have failed to prove anything.

Consider the following verses:

Allah the almighty says in the Qur'an which was revealed over 1433 years ago:

"It is He Who has created you from dust then from a sperm-drop, then from a leech-like clot; then does he get you out (into the light) as a child: then lets you (grow and) reach your age of full strength; then lets you become old,- though of you there are some who die before;- and lets you reach a Term appointed; in order that ye may learn wisdom."

This verse along with many others are just some of the reason's why many scientists in particular have converted to Islam along with many other people over the centurys especially now because more people are converting to Islam in Europe and America especially than any other religion in the world!

In the Qur'an, which was revealed 14 centuries ago at a time when the science of astronomy was still primitive, the expansion of the universe was described like this:

"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it."
(The Qur'an, 51:47)

The word "heaven", as stated in this verse, is used in various places in the Qur'an with the meaning of space and universe. Here again, the word is used with this meaning. In other words, in the Qur'an it is revealed that the universe "expands". And this is the very conclusion that science has reached today.

The Birth of a Human Being

Many diverse subjects are mentioned in the Qur'an in the course of inviting people to believe. Sometimes the heavens, sometimes animals, and sometimes plants are shown as evidence to man by God. In many of the verses, people are called upon to turn their attention to their own creation. They are often reminded how man came into the world, which stages he has passed through, and what his essence is:

"It is We Who have created you. Why, then, do you not accept the truth? Have you ever considered that (seed) which you emit? Is it you who create it? Or are We the Creator?"
(The Qur'an, 56:57-59)

"Does man reckon he will be left uncontrolled (without purpose)? Was he not once a drop of ejected semen?"
(The Qur'an, 75:36-37)

As we have seen, the Qur'an informs us that man is made not from the entire semen, but only a small part of it. That the particular emphasis in this statement announces a fact only discovered by modern science is evidence that the statement is divine in origin.

"We created man from a mingled drop to test him, and We made him hearing and seeing."
(The Qur'an, 76:2)

"He has created both sexes, male and female from a drop of semen which has been ejected."
(The Qur'an, 53:45-46)

The wrapping of muscles over the bones

"(We) then formed the drop into a clot and formed the clot into a lump and formed the lump into bones and clothed the bones in flesh; and then brought him into being as another creature. Blessed be God, the Best of Creators!"
(The Qur'an, 23:14)

The bones of the baby completing its development in the mother's womb are clothed with flesh during one particular stage.

Embryology is the branch of science that studies the development of the embryo in the mother's womb. Until very recently, embryologists assumed that the bones and muscles in an embryo developed at the same time. For this reason, for a long time, some people claimed that these verses conflicted with science. Yet, advanced microscopic research conducted by virtue of new technological developments has revealed that the revelation of the Qur'an is word for word correct.

These observations at the microscopic level showed that the development inside the mother's womb takes place in just the way it is described in the verses. First, the cartilage tissue of the embryo ossifies. Then muscular cells that are selected from amongst the tissue around the bones come together and wrap around the bones.

Three Stages of the Baby in the Womb

In the Qur'an, it is related that man is created in a three-stage process in the mother's womb.

"... He creates you stage by stage in your mothers' wombs in a threefold darkness. That is God, your Lord. Sovereignty is His. There is no god but Him. So what has made you deviate?"
(The Qur'an, 39:6)

As will be understood, it is pointed out in this verse that a human being is created in the mother's womb in three distinct stages. Indeed, modern biology has revealed that the baby's embryological development takes place in three distinct regions in the mother's womb.

God said in the Quran about one of the evil unbelievers who forbade the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, from praying at the Kaaba (Holy Mosque):

Let him beware! If he does not stop, We will take him by the Naseyah (front of the head), a lying, sinful Naseyah (from of the head)! [Holy Quran 96:15-16]

Why did the Quran describe the front of the head as being lying and sinful? Why didn't the Quran say that the person was lying and sinful? What is the relationship between the front of the head and lying and sinfulness?

If we look into the skull at the front of the head, we will find the prefrontal area of the cerebrum, in the area we call the forehead. What does physiology tell us about the function of this area? A book entitled Essentials of Anatomy & Physiology says about this area, "The motivation and the foresight to plan and initiate movements occur in the anterior portion of frontal lobes, the prefrontal area. This is a region of association cortex.." Also the book says, "In relation to its involvement in motivation, the prefrontal area is also thought to be the functional center for aggression..."

So, this area of the cerebrum is responsible for planning, motivating, and initiating good and sinful behavior, and is responsible for the telling of lies and the speaking of truth. So, it is proper for the telling of lies and the speaking of truth. So, it is proper to describe the front of the head as lying and sinful when someone lies or commits a sin, as the Quran says:

...A lying, sinful Naseyah (from of the head)!

Scientists have only discovered these functions of the prefrontal area in the last sixty years, according to Professor Keith L. Moore. [Scientific Miracles in the Front of the Head p. 41]

The Expansion of the Universe

In the Qur'an, which was revealed 14 centuries ago at a time when the science of astronomy was still primitive, the expansion of the universe was described like this:

"And it is We who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We who are steadily expanding it."
(The Qur'an, 51:47)

The word "heaven", as stated in this verse, is used in various places in the Qur'an with the meaning of space and universe. Here again, the word is used with this meaning. In other words, in the Qur'an it is revealed that the universe "expands". And this is the very conclusion that science has reached today.

Orbits

While referring to the Sun and the Moon in the Qur'an, it is emphasized that each moves in a definite orbit.

"It is He Who created the night and the day, and the sun and the moon. They swim along, each in an orbit. "
(The Qur'an, 21:33)

It is mentioned in another verse, too, that the Sun is not static but moves in a definite orbit:

"And the sun runs to its resting place. That is the decree of the Almighty, the All-Knowing. "
(The Qur'an, 37:38)

the entire universe is full of paths and orbits such as this one, is written in the Qur'an as follows:

"By the sky full of paths and orbits."
(The Qur'an, 51:7)

The Protected Roof

The atmosphere only lets rays required for life reach the Earth. Ultraviolet rays, for example, make it to the world only partially. This is the most appropriate range to allow plants to make photosynthesis and eventually for all living things to survive.

In the Qur'an, God calls our attention to a very interesting attribute of the sky:

"We made the sky a preserved and protected roof yet still they turn away from Our Signs.."
(The Qur'an, 21:32)

This attribute of the sky has been proved by scientific research carried out in the 20th century.

The atmosphere surrounding the earth serves crucial functions for the continuity of life. While destroying many meteors big and small as they approach the earth, it prevents them from falling to earth and harming living things.

The Returning Sky

The verse 11 of Sura Tarik in the Qur'an, refers to the "returning" function of the sky.

"By Heaven with its cyclical systems."
(The Qur'an, 86:11)

This word interpreted as "cyclical" in Qur'an translations also has meanings of "sending back" or "returning".

As known, the atmosphere surrounding the Earth consists of many layers. Each layer serves an important purpose for the benefit of life. Research has revealed that these layers have the function of turning the materials or rays they are exposed to back into space or back down to the Earth. Now let us examine with a few examples of this "recycling" function of the layers encircling the Earth.

The Layers of the Atmosphere

One fact about the universe revealed in the verses of the Qur'an is that the sky is made up of seven layers.

"It is He Who created everything on the earth for you and then directed His attention up to heaven and arranged it into seven regular heavens. He has knowledge of all things."
(The Qur'an, 2:29)

"Then He turned to heaven when it was smoke. In two days He determined them as seven heavens and revealed, in every heaven, its own mandate."
(The Qur'an, 41:12)

The word "heavens", which appears in many verses in the Qur'an, is used to refer to the sky above the Earth, as well as the entire universe. Given this meaning of the word, it is seen that the Earth's sky, or the atmosphere, is made up of seven layers.

14 centuries ago, when the sky was believed to be one unified body, the Qur'an miraculously stated that it consisted of layers, and what is more, "seven" layers. Modern science, on the other hand, discovered the fact that the atmosphere surrounding the Earth is made up of "seven" basic layers only very recently.

The Earth has all the attributes that are needed for life. One of them is the atmosphere, which serves as a shield protecting living things. Today, it is an established fact that the atmosphere is made up of different layers lying on top of one another. Just as it is described in the Qur'an, the atmosphere is made up of exactly seven layers. This is certainly one of the miracles of the Qur'an.The Function of Mountains

"We placed firmly embedded mountains on the earth, so it would not move under them…"
(The Qur'an, 21:31)

In a verse, this role of the mountains is pointed out by a comparison with "pegs":

"Have We not made the earth as a bed and the mountains its pegs?"
(The Qur'an, 78:6-7)

Mountains, in other words, clench the plates in the Earth's crust together by extending above and beneath the Earth's surface at the conjunction points of these plates. In this way, they fix the Earth's crust, and prevent it from drifting over the magma stratum or among its plates. Briefly, we may liken mountains to nails that keep pieces of wood together.

"You will see the mountains you reckoned to be solid going past like clouds."
(The Qur'an, 27:88)

The Movement of Mountains

This motion of the mountains is caused by the movement of the Earth's crust that they are located on. The Earth's crust 'floats' over the mantle layer, which is denser. It was at the beginning of the 20th century when, for the first time in history, a German scientist by the name of Alfred Wegener proposed that the continents of the earth had been attached together when it first formed, but then drifted in different directions, and thus separated as they moved away from each other.

"It is God Who sends the winds which stir up clouds which He spreads about the sky however He wills. He forms them into dark clumps and you see the rain come pouring out from the middle of them. When He makes it fall on those of His slaves He wills, they rejoice"
(The Qur'an, 30:48)

This is how the Quran described mountains. God said in the Quran:

Have We not made the earth as a bed, and the mountains as pegs? [Holy Quran 78:6-7]

Modern earth sciences have proven that mountains have deep roots under the surface of the ground and that these roots can reach several times their elevations above the surface of the ground. So the suitable word to describe mountains on the basis of this information is the word 'peg', since most of a properly set peg is hidden under the surface of the ground. The history of science tells us that the theory of mountains having deep roots was introduced only in the latter half of the nineteenth century. [Geological Concept of Mountains p.5]

Mountains also play an important role in stabilizing the crust of the earth. [Geological Concept of Mountains pp. 44-45]. They hinder the shaking of the earth. God said in the Quran:

And He has set firm mountains in the earth so that it would not shake with you ...[Holy Quran 16:15]

Likewise the modern theory of plate tectonics holds that mountains work as stabilizers for the earth. This knowledge about the role of mountains as stabilizers for the earth has just begun to be understood in the framework of plate tectonics since the late 1960's
[Geological Concept of Mountains p. 5].

Could anyone during the time of the prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, have known of the true shape of mountains? Could any one imagine that the solid massive mountain which he sees before him, actually extends deep into the earth and has a root, as scientists assert? A large number of books of geology when discussing mountains, only describe that part which is above the surface of the earth. This is because these books were not written by specialists in geology. However, modern geology has confirmed the truth of the Quran's verses.

FIRST STAGE: " It is God Who sends the winds..."

Countless air bubbles formed by the foaming of the oceans continuously burst and cause water particles to be ejected towards the sky. These particles, which are rich in salt, are then carried away by winds and rise upward in the atmosphere. These particles, which are called aerosols, function as water traps, and form cloud drops by collecting around the water vapour themselves, which rises from the seas as tiny droplets.

SECOND STAGE: ".... which stir up clouds which He spreads about the sky however He wills. He forms them into dark clumps..."

THIRD STAGE: "…and you see the rain come pouring our from the middle of them"

The water particles that surround salt crystals and dust particles thicken and form raindrops, so, drops that become heavier than the air leave the clouds and start to fall to the ground as rain.

The clouds are formed from water vapour that condenses around the salt crystals or dust particles in the air. Because the water droplets in these clouds are very small (with a diameter between 0.01 and 0.02 mm), the clouds are suspended in the air, and spread across the sky. Thus, the sky is covered in clouds.

In another verse, the following information is given about the formation of rain:

"Have you not seen how God drives along the clouds, then joins them together, then makes them into a stack, and then you see the rain come out of it? And He sends down from the sky mountain masses (of clouds) with cold hail in them, striking with it anyone He wills and averting it from anyone He wills. The brightness of His lightning almost blinds the sight."
(The Qur'an, 24:43)

Scientists studying cloud types came across surprising results regarding the formation of rain clouds. Rain clouds are formed and shaped according to definite systems and stages. The formation stages of cumulonimbus, one kind of rain cloud, are these:

1.STAGE, Being driven along: Clouds are carried along, that is, they are driven along, by the wind.

2.STAGE, Joining: Then, small clouds (cumulus clouds) driven along by the wind join together, forming a larger cloud

3.STAGE, Stacking: When the small clouds join together, updrafts within the larger cloud increase. The updrafts near the centre of the cloud are stronger than those near the edges. These updrafts cause the cloud body to grow vertically, so the cloud is stacked up. This vertical growth causes the cloud body to stretch into cooler regions of the atmosphere, where drops of water and hail formulate and begin to grow larger and larger. When these drops of water and hail become too heavy for the updrafts to support them, they begin to fall from the cloud as rain, hail, etc.(10)

We must remember that meteorologists have only recently come to know these details of cloud formation, structure and function, by using advanced equipment like planes, satellites, computers etc. It is evident that God has given us a piece of information that could not have been known 1,400years ago.

The Seas not Mingling with One Another

One of the properties of seas that has only recently been discovered is related in a verse of the Qur'an as follows:

"He has let loose the two seas, converging together, with a barrier between them they do not break through."
(The Qur'an, 55:19-20)

This property of the seas, that they come together yet do not mingle with one another at all, has only very recently been discovered by oceanographers. Because of the physical force called "surface tension", the waters of neighboring seas do not mix. Caused by the difference in the density of their waters, surface tension prevents them from mingling with one another, just as if a thin wall were between them.

The Qur'an contains science that was only discovered recently, Please watch this amazing video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=akdd0TNMCuA

Also please take a look at the following websites:

http://scienceislam.com/quran_miracles.php

http://www.missionislam.com/quran/challenge.htm

http://www.missionislam.com/science/book.htm

http://www.evidencesofcreation.com/miracles_01_01.htm

strive-may-i

Answer in sheet , before the test?

Dear Bothered Bordered Brother!

We understand. Now slow down, examine...

I did not read your question fully, I stopped,
I want you to figure where/why I stopped :

The reason why Almighty does not show up? The answer is in question - 'Whats the purpose of a test, after revealing the answer in answer sheet', right?

Let me repeat
The reason why Almighty does not show up? The answer is in question - 'Whats the purpose of a test, after revealing the answer sheet', right?

Its in innate nature of every being 'about creator'. And In Quran Almighty Allah further says entire cosmos is for thinking one to reflect and submit to Will of God. Almighty shows guidance to lead a peaceful life both in the here and hereafter.

If We will, We could send down to them from the heaven a sign, to which they would bend their necks in humility. [Quran -26:4]

And had your Lord willed, those on earth would have believed, all of them together. So, will you (O Muhammad SAW) then compel mankind, until they become believers.[Quran 10:99]

And if your Lord had so willed, He could surely have made mankind one Ummah [nation or community (following one religion only i.e. Islam)], but they will not cease to disagree, [Quran - 11:118]
....meaning, ` its a belief, a choice, a reasoning'

Imaan is not from the "knowledge of how" of universe. Let me Quote again, Prophet :saw:
Prohpet:saw: "He who increases in knowledge, but not in guidance, increases only in distance from Allah Most High"

Go Slow, examine from this end, examine, probe. Keep aside the clutter, Ask yourself... come back again read each reply, reflect... May Allah make it easier for each of us ... Ameen!

Note:
I happened to read the Mitochnodrial stuff too [blog.plos.], but...
I will come back and read, rest of replies, am hopeful it will benefit me

kayleigh

I went through this same thing, and I don't really know what I believe in anymore, either. I can't explain anything or give you advice except to say that at least you're not alone. There's lots of people like you/me/us.

I think before you ask about Islam, maybe you need to figure out whether or not you actually believe in God. I think I decided, independently from Islam, that I do. That realization came to me in a science class, actually. I looked around at the material I was studying and saw how intricate and complex everything is. To me, that couldn't exist on it's own. I too believe in evolution, etc., but I still see the hand of God in it. Now I guess I'm at the point where I question what kind of God that is and what his role in the world is.

Recently I've begun to start going back to Islam more. Most of the time, I just prefer not to think about religion or God because I can't answer all of those questions. But I decided to force myself to confront it. It's a long, long process and it won't happen overnight and it won't happen after getting a few replies on a forum.

Finally, I think people make religion more complicated than it needs to be, and I think that is what pushes a lot of us away from it. At least, that's what happened to me. But when I look at the bare bones and basics of Islam I can still believe in that and find hope and happiness in it.