Obama's cartoon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

My dearest Ditta how you humble me and help to increase my faith..May Allah subhana talla reward you and Insha'Allah give you children.

Brother MRasheed..the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah subhana talla, showed us not to engage in debate. We become the lower selves, that which we need to fight at all times...we are our worst enemies.

In essence there is only one victory and it belongs to our Master and Creator.
Let us remember thought is a gift...a revelation...and it by definition is precious...

this is good brother...as you humble yourself may Allah subhana talla grant you a pious wife. ( they help to rid of excess emotion and heat )!!!

MRasheed

The topic is way off.

:wasalam:

Not really. The points we are arguing still have to do with the validity of Obama's campaign and goodly character.

Humble yourself. Humble yourself. This is the month to do so. Please get ready as did the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah subhana talla be upon him, to fast.

Ah! This IS the month of Shaban! Yes, that's right! The prophet used to fast the majority of this month (I learned that here on TTI, by the way, to refute Zafran's accusation).

There is nothing intelligent left.

That's a harsh statement.

This is not a breath of fresh air Sister Mario. He is attacking believers.

I am not attacking you. Or anyone. I came in this thread and voiced my opinion and you all jumped on me, calling ignorant, etc. I then explained why my opinion was the way it was, and addressed each post, point-by-point, as in a normal scholarly debate.

Why would that be considered an attack? Are none of you educated? Have none of you ever engaged in a normal, scholarly, philosophical discussion?

Please be careful not to fall into his trap. He is splitting the members of this forum. We need to remain together.

Do we not all bear witness that there is no god but Allah and Muhammad is His messenger? Why in the world would we "split up" into sects (lol) over a discussion about a US presidential candidate and earthly scholars? You are kind of being overly dramatic and over-passionate over nothing really.

We are Muslims first...should you wisht to engage in debate I can reccommend several websites that do just that..poor things.

Muslims debate all the time. What's the problem?

we are warned about debating...let us heed to that.

You MUST be joking. Warned by who exactly?

Our time is better spent in making dua and living as Muslims.

"Living as Muslims" doesn't involve discussing and debating ideas and philosophies? Since when? It was my understanding that some of the most influencial philosophers of all time were Muslim and saved the civilized world from the ignorance of the Dark Ages. Are you sure?

It is time to close this. We have better issues to think about and deeds to do.

LOL!

uhhh... why didn't you simply not click on the thread? What rule said you have to come in here and read the posts? I don't understand...

Today is Jumma...Insha'Allah will open this mans heart and give him what he needs wisdom...which is more of a gift than intelligence...

Wisdom
1. the ability to make sensible decisions and judgments based on personal knowledge and experience
2. good sense shown in a way of thinking, judgment, or action
3. accumulated knowledge of life or of a sphere of activity that has been gained through experience

Intelligence
the ability to learn facts and skills and apply them, especially when this ability is highly developed

Hm.

Okay, I can live with that. Thank you. :)

MRasheed

Brother MRasheed..the Prophet, may the peace and blessings of Allah subhana talla, showed us not to engage in debate. We become the lower selves, that which we need to fight at all times...we are our worst enemies.

Show me, please. I cannot find a hint of this in the Qur'an. (I realize this is futile because you usually ignore me whenever I ask you to prove stuff. But I had to at least try.)

Let us remember thought is a gift...a revelation...and it by definition is precious...

Does that mean we are not supposed to use our thought? Because it is so precious it might break?

This is good brother...as you humble yourself may Allah subhana talla grant you a pious wife. ( they help to rid of excess emotion and heat )!!!

lol

Thank you, sister for your concern but I am already married! lol

MRasheed

Wa Alaikum As Salaam, Brother curiousnislam!

Congrats on your decision to revert! May you achieve the desires of your heart and True Success both in this world and the next! Allahu Akbar!!

mezeren

:salam2:

Brother MRasheed,let's have look at what you have been saying and doing....

And once again you are engaged in slander.
More slander?
3.) If you talk about someone who is not here and what you are saying is true, you are Backbiting. If you talk about someone who is not here and what you are saying is NOT true, you are Slandering. I was not calling you names, sister, but merely pointing out that you were in error with your behavior. Personally I expect more from my older sisters in the Faith.

These are some of what you said during the "debate".i am sure there are more examples but i think these are enough.And read what you did.

I would be in manifest error to blindly accept the understanding of the Qur'an from a flawed human being when I was given my very own intellect to understand it with. Your Ibn Kathir already proved himself severely flawed in the Prophet Yahya (peace be upon him) matter mentioned in an earlier post. His flawed logic and thinking may suffice for one who is small of mind, but he does not suffice for me. I will seek the pleasure of reading the Divine Word of Allah myself without the aid of another human's filter.

That is what you called "slander and backbiting".
And according to you,those who read and learn from a respected scholar are "small of mind" which makes you "big in mind".Excuse me but a real big person always says he is nothing has no knowledge.the sad thing comes later;

Upon re-reading this thread I have found that I was indeed in error about the Yahya reference. He was born before Isa therefore he is not considered to be inbetween him and the Prophet Muhammad (may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon all of the Messengers). I apologize for writing that the hadith in question was wrong, as well as my writing that Ibn Kathir was wrong. I should have been more careful, and can only conclude it was the heat of the argument that befogged me.

MRasheed <-----------

I hope that the members who I offended who clearly saw that I was wrong will forgive me, and i pray that Allah Himself will forgive my oversight.

However, do not get big heads over this little victory. This does not mean that my general argument was invalid. lol

so,"Ibn Kathir already proved himself severely flawed " is wrong in this case.
you seem to belive that people here are following some scholars blindly without checking it.i think you are totally wrong and they tell you that and you never seem to understand.we read and learn from respected scholars but at the same time check if what they say match Quran and Sunnah.

Brother,if you talk a lot you make mitakes a lot.

Originally Posted by mirajmom

However, do not get big heads over this little victory. This does not mean that my general argument was invalid.

when the aim of discussion is to beat the opposite it is forbidden,it is ok when the aim is to learn something.it is clear from the way you respond the others that your aim is actualy is to overcome others.
if you learn from this debate to be more humble than it will be a good one.

i wish you and others all the best.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
:wasalam:

Ah! This IS the month of Shaban! Yes, that's right! The prophet used to fast the majority of this month (I learned that here on TTI, by the way, to refute Zafran's accusation).

You just proved my point that your here to refute most of the views that TTI members have (even if they have a point), by refuting me and what i said.

By the way i was talking about your here not to learn from this thread (specifically) not TTI (in general) as you said we shouldnt generalise.

This thread is way off topic anyway. I'll wait until it closes.

where are the moderators.

waiting to be refuted........again.......and again............and again.

MRasheed

You just proved my point that your here to refute most of the views that TTI members have (even if they have a point), by refuting me and what i said.

You made an accusation about me that was not true. It was my duty to refute your comment to clear my name from your groundless assault.

By the way i was talking about your here not to learn from this thread (specifically) not TTI (in general) as you said we shouldnt generalise.

Well this thread began by slandering Barack Obama. I came in here to ask why my Muslim brothers and sister were doing this without proof of any wrong doing but only assumptions. Again it was my duty to point out that my people were in error and were endangering themselves spiritually.

Would it have been Islamic to say nothing???

MRasheed

Brother MRasheed,let's have look at what you have been saying and doing....

Okay.

And once again you are engaged in slander.
More slander?
3.) If you talk about someone who is not here and what you are saying is true, you are Backbiting. If you talk about someone who is not here and what you are saying is NOT true, you are Slandering. I was not calling you names, sister, but merely pointing out that you were in error with your behavior. Personally I expect more from my older sisters in the Faith.

These are some of what you said during the "debate".i am sure there are more examples but i think these are enough.

Yes. This was a very important point. Slandermongering is a sin expressly condemned by Allah. You have no proof of any wrongdoing of Obama, yet he has been continually villified here. Please take heed to the definition of "Slandermonger."

And read what you did.

I would be in manifest error to blindly accept the understanding of the Qur'an from a flawed human being when I was given my very own intellect to understand it with.

This is true. Do you deny this?

Your Ibn Kathir already proved himself severely flawed in the Prophet Yahya (peace be upon him) matter mentioned in an earlier post. His flawed logic and thinking may suffice for one who is small of mind, but he does not suffice for me.

Hey, I already apologized for that. What do you want? My arm?

Remind me never to visit you.

I will seek the pleasure of reading the Divine Word of Allah myself without the aid of another human's filter.

Do you disagree? So you don't want to read the Qur'an?

Suit yourself. I, for one, will continue to read it.

That is what you called "slander and backbiting".

No, that was reserved for those who contined to villify Obama.

And according to you,those who read and learn from a respected scholar are "small of mind" which makes you "big in mind".

According to me, those who refuse to read the Qur'an themselves but instead prefer to read the works of others ABOUT the Qur'an are small of mind. Try to keep up, would you?

Excuse me but a real big person always says he is nothing has no knowledge.the sad thing comes later;

I said "Allah knows and we know not" numerous times. I meant it.

However, do not get big heads over this little victory. This does not mean that my general argument was invalid. lol

so,"Ibn Kathir already proved himself severely flawed " is wrong in this case.

keep rubbin' my face in it, why don't cha? lol

Fortunately the hadith turned out to be accurate and I was wrong and so could not use it as the perfect symbol of my point as I thought at the time. However, let us make this point VERY clear:

THE SHAIKHS AND SCHOLARS ARE INDEED MERELY MEN! For those of you who are blindly following them instead of using the Qur'an and Sunnah as the focus of your studies while holding the scholars only as supplemental material, STOP NOW before you endanger your souls.

you seem to belive that people here are following some scholars blindly without checking it.i think you are totally wrong and they tell you that and you never seem to understand.we read and learn from respected scholars but at the same time check if what they say match Quran and Sunnah.

Then how come everyone was arguing the opposite of what you said they were?

Brother,if you talk a lot you make mitakes a lot.

I know. That's why I spent so much time proofing spelling errors...

Originally Posted by mirajmom

However, do not get big heads over this little victory. This does not mean that my general argument was invalid.

when the aim of discussion is to beat the opposite it is forbidden,it is ok when the aim is to learn something.it is clear from the way you respond the others that your aim is actualy is to overcome others.

So you are saying that if you see your fellow Muslims are engaged in the sin of slandering another human being, thus endangering their eternal souls, you would actually allow them to continue and probably join them, instead of speaking out against it? Well, I spoke against an injustice and was attacked for it. But I did learn something from this thread, yes indeed... so don't worry about that part.

tsk. :astag:

Zafran

Muslim Brother
You made an accusation about me that was not true. It was my duty to refute your comment to clear my name from your groundless assault.

Well this thread began by slandering Barack Obama. I came in here to ask why my Muslim brothers and sister were doing this without proof of any wrong doing but only assumptions. Again it was my duty to point out that my people were in error and were endangering themselves spiritually.

Would it have been Islamic to say nothing???

salaam

The assumptions the TTI members made were based on previous acts of Obama.

1 - the Women with the Hijab and that they had to move.
2 - Barack Obama denying he is a muslim, maybe becasue if he was a muslim he wouldnt have got this far.
3 - He is a chrsitain (christains commit the unforgivable sin of shirk of Jesus worship and trinity).
4 - Pro Isreal what about Palestine.
5 - what about Iraq, they just going to leave and let the terrorists kill all the civilians.

From all these points number 3 is probably the most wrong as he supports shirk.

so has a muslim we have enough to worry about. Obama has given the muslims a cold shoulder....and most of us feel cold due to his actions so far.

Your position is also an assumption that he maybe good for America but what about the muslims will he be good for us. I assume not based on the previous things he has done.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother MRasheed, your wife must be patient.

You need denotations to live by. Wisdom is not found in a book. You can not refute wisdom. Wisdom is sublte and a gift from Allah subhana talla. Whoever does not have light given by Allah, he truly has no light at all.

Please read Imam Ghazalli on thought.

I believe you need to understand hawaa. This will be the proof you need.

MRasheed

The assumptions the TTI members made were based on previous acts of Obama.

1 - the Women with the Hijab and that they had to move.

They weren't moved because they were hated or disrespected. They were moved as part of the election strategy, to anticipate the media's unfair viciousness and fact-twisting.

2 - Barack Obama denying he is a muslim, maybe becasue if he was a muslim he wouldnt have got this far.

Ridiculous. He denied he is a Muslim because he is a Christian. Do you deny that you are a Christian? Yes? Then are you denying that you are a Christian because of deceit or simply because you are not a Christian?

3 - He is a chrsitain (christains commit the unforgivable sin of shirk of Jesus worship and trinity).

In Sura Al-Bayyina, Allah makes it clear that Christians can save themselves from their shirk by working righteous deeds in the earth and avoiding evil deeds.

4 - Pro Isreal what about Palestine.

Yes, what about Palestine? Have you EVER actually heard him say anything about Palestine? Me neither. So none of us has any sure knowledge about what he really feels about the issue. But I know this: He is committed to fairness, honesty, integrity and justice. Palestine will be fine, InshaAllah.

5 - what about Iraq, they just going to leave and let the terrorists kill all the civilians.

The oil interests will prevent a withdrawal that is too hasty. But his goal is the removal of the troops. But considering the troops were there precisely because of the terrorist acts of the Bush Administration, I doubt their leaving will be a bad thing for the people.

Besides, why would you be so eager for the christian, disbelieving west's military to help the people of an Islamic country?

From all these points number 3 is probably the most wrong as he supports shirk.

Read Al-Bayyina.

so has a muslim we have enough to worry about. Obama has given the muslims a cold shoulder....and most of us feel cold due to his actions so far.

If that's how you feel then why are you worried about his troops protecting an Islamic nation's people?

Your position is also an assumption that he maybe good for America but what about the muslims will he be good for us.

We'll all see it and find out together, InshaAllah.

I assume not based on the previous things he has done.

I'll pray for you. Peace.

MRasheed

Brother MRasheed, your wife must be patient.

lol

Sometimes.

You need denotations to live by. Wisdom is not found in a book. You can not refute wisdom. Wisdom is sublte and a gift from Allah subhana talla. Whoever does not have light given by Allah, he truly has no light at all.

Please read Imam Ghazalli on thought.

I believe you need to understand hawaa. This will be the proof you need.

Thank you, sister.

mezeren

dear brother Rasheed,
you seem like a passionate person,answering everybody word by word and you certainly have a searching soul which is very good.your passion sometimes could prevent you from seeing and understanding different views.
i am not talking about obama or any politicians,i do not care about them and never believe they could do good things for us.every good thing is from Allah and every bad thing that happens to us is from our own mistakes.so,let us forget about others and focus on our duties.

i have posted this thread to remind you that you are doing what you are criticizing and also tried to tell you something you do not want to understand.

first of all,you have to understand that when somebody respect,learn and benefit from some scholar's work that does not mean he/she throws Quran and Sunnah away.i am sure they read Quran and Hadith as much as you do.every muslim must read and benefit from their main sources but there have been such great people who have devoted their entire life to learning and understanding islam and i am sure their understanding of islam is much better than yours and ours.off course we should have a good knowledge in islam to be able to judge whether what they say are against islam's teachings or not.

while criticizing others for following some middle man you seem to be doing the same by sopporting a non muslim politician and keeping high expectations about him saving the planet.no,my brother,he will not do any good to any muslim.it is Allah who will save us if we become real muslims.

secondly,you seem to believe that with your little knowledge you can draw a conclusion by simply reading Quran.you say that non muslims could go to the paradise if they do enough good deeds witout believing in the Prophet Muhammed(pbuh).you are wrong my dear brother.there is a saying in my language it is like " a half doctor makes you lose your life,a half hodja makes you lose your religion".if a non muslim aware of islam and its Prophet and dies without believing in them he/she will not go to the heaven.that does not mean their good deeds will not be counted.they will get some kind of reward for it maybe while they are alive maybe in the form of less severe punishment in the hell.there are degrees of the hell worst of which is for hypocrites.

the last thing i would like to say is english is not my native language so please forgive my errors.and nothing i write here is to offend you but to give you a diffrent perspective.

take care...

MRasheed

you seem like a passionate person,answering everybody word by word...

Actually it's more like "sentence-by-sentence." :SMILY149:

your passion sometimes could prevent you from seeing and understanding different views.

Occasionally.

i am not talking about obama or any politicians,i do not care about them...

That is because you are VERRRRRY far away. lol

...and never believe they could do good things for us.every good thing is from Allah and every bad thing that happens to us is from our own mistakes.

This is true both individually and collectively. The mistakes of the leaders of whole nations can have detrimental effects on large populaces. I suspect you are from an African country. You should know this better than most of us.

so,let us forget about others and focus on our duties.

That's actually the bottomline of my entire argument.

i have posted this thread to remind you that you are doing what you are criticizing...

Show me so I can stop.

....and also tried to tell you something you do not want to understand.

Perhaps I did understand and we simply have a different view of it?

first of all,you have to understand that when somebody respect,learn and benefit from some scholar's work that does not mean he/she throws Quran and Sunnah away.

I understand that that is how that concept is SUPPOSED to work, yet most of the people who debated with me were arguing something different, mezeren.

i am sure they read Quran and Hadith as much as you do.

Because of the side certain people took in the argument, I can honestly not be sure of that at all. I suspect that those who were doing as you say, simply felt no need to respond to this thread at all because they recognized I was not talking to them. But those who got angry and defensive and want the moderators to show up in force...

Well. The evidence speaks for itself.

every muslim must read and benefit from their main sources but there have been such great people who have devoted their entire life to learning and understanding islam and i am sure their understanding of islam is much better than yours and ours.

The Qur'an and Sunnah are complete unto themselves. The devoted, specialized scholars of religion are only truly valuable in difficult matters of legality that the average man has little experience in, and require flexible minds that can negotiate the bumpy terrain of the Law. But the average man can get all the understanding he requires for this life in the Qur'an Itself. It is clear, precise and perspicuous as Allah said numerous times. Anyone who says differently is trying to trick you or sell you something.

off course we should have a good knowledge in islam to be able to judge whether what they say are against islam's teachings or not.

That is an obligatory requirement of every believer.

while criticizing others for following some middle man you seem to be doing the same by sopporting a non muslim politician and keeping high expectations about him saving the planet.

lol

Funny. Obama is not my middle man. I do not require him to read the Holy Book for me so he can tell me what he thinks it says, no. But his deeds so far show that he is a sincere, decent and good man and I don't believe he will deliberately harm us like the presidents before him. I believe that because of his sincerity, Allah is helping him in his victories and we will see some changes for the better because of it. Of course he could turn out to be a hypocite and betray us, and then again he may not. Only Allah knows for sure. Things have been very difficult so far with the previous presidents, but Allah promised that after every difficulty there comes ease. Surely after every difficulty there comes ease. That was the promise from my Lord Most High.

I believe Him. And I think Obama very well may be that ease.

no,my brother,he will not do any good to any muslim.

You have faith and I have faith, but only Allah knows for sure. In the end we will both see.

it is Allah who will save us if we become real muslims.

I do not deny this. You keep implying that I actually worship Obama or something, but let me assure you that that is not the case. I simply have researched his life and based on that research I see he is a good man. He will reign fairly like the Christian king of Ethiopia that sister Mairo reminded you all of, who's argument you so conveniently ignored.

secondly,you seem to believe that with your little knowledge you can draw a conclusion by simply reading Quran.

Are you saying that the Qur'an is a great cryptic puzzle totally inassessible to anyone but the most knowledgable scholars and high sufi mystics?

Allah said otherwise. Allah said the simplest minds can grasp the basic message therein, and the super intelligent will too find deep meaning. In other words, there is no excuse for the whole body of believers not to read and understand it for themselves on their own level.

you say that non muslims could go to the paradise if they do enough good deeds witout believing in the Prophet Muhammed(pbuh).

It wasn't me. That's what the Qur'an said.

there is a saying in my language it is like " a half doctor makes you lose your life,a half hodja makes you lose your religion".

What language be this? Is it Wolof? What is it?

if a non muslim aware of islam and its Prophet and dies without believing in them he/she will not go to the heaven.that does not mean their good deeds will not be counted.they will get some kind of reward for it maybe while they are alive maybe in the form of less severe punishment in the hell.there are degrees of the hell worst of which is for hypocrites.

Not so if their good deeds outweigh their bad. Paradise such a one will earn.

the last thing i would like to say is english is not my native language...

Really?

and nothing i write here is to offend you but to give you a diffrent perspective.

Actually it sounds like it is I who bring the different perspective. I have already heard your arguments before. Can't you tell?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Brother did you not look up hawaa. That should end this. Sometimes we forget and allow our soul to become dark with our arrogance. Please look up the word.
You have really helped me. Insha'Allah I will become more humble.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
Wait do you know what Obama did when he said he wasnt a muslim.....he just denied Gods revelation (the Quran) and the last Prophet of God (pbuh).

nobody can save themselves from shirk its unforgivable. Christains pray to Jesus (God as man idea) that is the worst sin in Islam and all the good deeds the chrisatins do go to waste. Further more they dont believe the Quran as the word of God and the Muhammad was the last prophet of God (pbuh).

98.6] "Surely those who disbelieve from among the followers of the Book and the polytheists shall be in the fire of hell, abiding therein; they are the worst of men".

Oil interest???? what about Justice, fairness and honesty - Sounds a bit selfish to me.

How what land will the palestinians get when Obama comes??? Isreal dont think so. Be practical.

May Allah guide you.

Peace.

MRasheed

Salaam,

Brother did you not look up hawaa. That should end this. Sometimes we forget and allow our soul to become dark with our arrogance. Please look up the word.

Okay. You can be kind of bossy sometimes. (maybe you ARE my mom...? lol)

I'm just kidding. Please don't get all angry again.

You have really helped me. Insha'Allah I will become more humble.

I AM humble. Haven't you been paying attention to your fellow posters? They said this was just my "tone." I don't come across this way in real life.

Honest.

MRasheed

Wait do you know what Obama did when he said he wasnt a muslim.....he just denied Gods revelation (the Quran) and the last Prophet of God (pbuh).

And for the one millionth time, YES HE WILL HAVE TO ANSWER FOR THAT CHOICE ON THE DAY OF DOOM. I know that. You know that. We ALL know that.

nobody can save themselves from shirk its unforgivable. Christains pray to Jesus (God as man idea) that is the worst sin in Islam and all the good deeds the chrisatins do go to waste. Further more they dont believe the Quran as the word of God and the Muhammad was the last prophet of God (pbuh).

98.6] "Surely those who disbelieve from among the followers of the Book and the polytheists shall be in the fire of hell, abiding therein; they are the worst of men".

You are wrong. He said "Those who disbelieve from AMONG the followers of the Book." That means that they merely say they are Chistians or jews but in reality they don't even believe in THOSE. The righteous from among the christians will get to heaven but the wrong doers from among them will go to hell.

Oil interest???? what about Justice, fairness and honesty - Sounds a bit selfish to me.

You clearly didn't really understand what my point was. I'll wait for you to catch up.

Try it again please.

How what land will the palestinians get when Obama comes??? Isreal dont think so. Be practical.

lol

Listen: You either believe the christian, pro-israeli american politicians and their military mean you no good, or you believe you need them to save the people in the middle east. You can't believe them both. Pick one.

mezeren

I suspect you are from an African country.

wrong,i'll give you another chance.

Perhaps I did understand and we simply have a different view of it?

why are you still arguing,then?we all have a different opinions.just leave it then.

I understand that that is how that concept is SUPPOSED to work, yet most of the people who debated with me were arguing something different, mezeren.

you are just assuming.they do not mean something different but you keep on twisting their words.

Because of the side certain people took in the argument, I can honestly not be sure of that at all. I suspect that those who were doing as you say, simply felt no need to respond to this thread at all because they recognized I was not talking to them. But those who got angry and defensive and want the moderators to show up in force...

Well. The evidence speaks for itself.

again,assuming!

The Qur'an and Sunnah are complete unto themselves. The devoted, specialized scholars of religion are only truly valuable in difficult matters of legality that the average man has little experience in, and require flexible minds that can negotiate the bumpy terrain of the Law. But the average man can get all the understanding he requires for this life in the Qur'an Itself. It is clear, precise and perspicuous as Allah said numerous times. Anyone who says differently is trying to trick you or sell you something.

that is exactly what i say.we are talking about some difficult matters here.Quran is enough for anybody to understand most of the time.but when it comes to the matters like, wether non muslims will go to the heaven or not,the difficulty kicks in and you certainly need some help.when a non muslim aware of islam and its Massenger and insist on refusing them,what do you think that means.i'll tell you,it means they reject Allah's word and believe that He is a liar:astag: and His Massenger is a liar:astag:.Allah says Muhammed(pbuh) is my massenger and they say NO...you say that someone who thinks Allah and His Massenger is liars can get away with it?

Funny. Obama is not my middle man. I do not require him to read the Holy Book for me so he can tell me what he thinks it says, no. But his deeds so far show that he is a sincere, decent and good man and I don't believe he will deliberately harm us like the presidents before him. I believe that because of his sincerity, Allah is helping him in his victories and we will see some changes for the better because of it. Of course he could turn out to be a hypocite and betray us, and then again he may not. Only Allah knows for sure. Things have been very difficult so far with the previous presidents, but Allah promised that after every difficulty there comes ease. Surely after every difficulty there comes ease. That was the promise from my Lord Most High.

I believe Him. And I think Obama very well may be that ease.

funny,but he seems to be your middle man.you keep seeking help from someone other than Allah.forget about him or anyone and turn your expectations to Allah.

I do not deny this. You keep implying that I actually worship Obama or something, but let me assure you that that is not the case. I simply have researched his life and based on that research I see he is a good man. He will reign fairly like the Christian king of Ethiopia that sister Mairo reminded you all of, who's argument you so conveniently ignored.

you are wrong again.you can never compare Obama and the Christian king of Ethiopia.The King had not heard of islam before and when he'd heard he became a muslim and accepted that Muhammed(pbuh) was the massenger of Allah.but it is true that sometimes Allah strenghten His religion with the means of non believers but that does not make non believers a better person.sometimes they try to harm islam but it turns to be something good.you can not give credit to obama or anybody for such a thing.let me remind you Abu Talib who was the prophet's uncle.why do you think Prophet(pbuh) tried to make him take the shahadah?why do you think He insisted on him saying it so that He could be a witness for his uncle?read this;

Volume 8, Book 76, Number 569:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri:

I heard Allah's Apostles when his uncle, Abu Talib had been mentioned in his presence, saying, "May be my intercession will help him (Abu Talib) on the Day of Resurrection so that he may be put in a shallow place in the Fire, with fire reaching his ankles and causing his brain to boil."

Are you saying that the Qur'an is a great cryptic puzzle totally inassessible to anyone but the most knowledgable scholars and high sufi mystics?

Allah said otherwise. Allah said the simplest minds can grasp the basic message therein, and the super intelligent will too find deep meaning. In other words, there is no excuse for the whole body of believers not to read and understand it for themselves on their own level.

i never said that.it is about difficult matters where you might need a scholar.and certainly you need one.

It wasn't me. That's what the Qur'an said.

it is you,not the Quran.

What language be this? Is it Wolof? What is it?

forget it.

Not so if their good deeds outweigh their bad. Paradise such a one will earn.

never

Actually it sounds like it is I who bring the different perspective. I have already heard your arguments before. Can't you tell?

everone here has a worthy perspective,i can tell.

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum.

How many more pages of this nonsense am I going to see? Thankfully none, because I'm closing the thread!

Was-salam

Status
Not open for further replies.