personality test

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
Assalaam walaikum,

Brothers and sisters.

Give me a couple of minutes and I will respond to everyone. I just woke up...they closed the schools down..due to the rain and flooding. I am trying to get the moss out of my ears...

Remember, I am an INFP...so I do things on my sense of time. Insha'Allah, I will respond with thought behind the words.

Will post later..COFFEE is calling me.

:salam2:sister. This post make me smile. I like reading your threads full of knowledge. May Allah bless you and your family.

I am INFJ. 44,12,38,67.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

I do not know how it feels as I did not die...most of the people knew they were going to die as this was a hospice. They had less than three weeks to live. I would spend time talking to them when no family member was there. We spoke of everything under the sun.
These were individuals who had understood life. They were at peace. They shared with me what they had wished they could live to see. As death approached I would check the body..and the body dies in stages...I would give them a little ice chip if they asked. I would hold their hands. We would get a religious figure to be there if the family member was not there. And we would just talk in sweet gentle tones.

I have also witnessed those who were afflicted with agony at death. The body would tense up. If they were ill the fevers would rise. And I have seen those who were as demanding in death as they were in life.

But brother..let us see how our beautiful faith tells us to prepare for death. Let us open a thread and find hadeeth. What did the great scholars write. We need to think of death every day. It is healthy and wise. It keeps us humble and pious.

Sister,

I am INFJ. 44,12,38,67. Let me try to put this in an Islamic context.
You are a strong introvert. The NF together makes you a warm person. You are caring. You see a better world. You are a believer. You have hope in the world. This is the subjective part of you. Islam is the only faith for you. The IJ combination with the strong scores indicate that you understand the pillars of Islam. You see the reason for each component of Islam. You understand hijab..you probably think women who do not wear hijab are nuts.
The IJ's do not like to waste time.

did that make sense.

I drank too much coffee and it is past my bed-time. I pray I made sense.
And thank you...you made my day...today was a good day..I made someone smile.Alhumdullila.

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother,

I do not know how it feels as I did not die...most of the people knew they were going to die as this was a hospice. They had less than three weeks to live. I would spend time talking to them when no family member was there. We spoke of everything under the sun.
These were individuals who had understood life. They were at peace. They shared with me what they had wished they could live to see. As death approached I would check the body..and the body dies in stages...I would give them a little ice chip if they asked. I would hold their hands. We would get a religious figure to be there if the family member was not there. And we would just talk in sweet gentle tones.

I have also witnessed those who were afflicted with agony at death. The body would tense up. If they were ill the fevers would rise. And I have seen those who were as demanding in death as they were in life.

But brother..let us see how our beautiful faith tells us to prepare for death. Let us open a thread and find hadeeth. What did the great scholars write. We need to think of death every day. It is healthy and wise. It keeps us humble and pious.

Sister,

I am INFJ. 44,12,38,67. Let me try to put this in an Islamic context.
You are a strong introvert. The NF together makes you a warm person. You are caring. You see a better world. You are a believer. You have hope in the world. This is the subjective part of you. Islam is the only faith for you. The IJ combination with the strong scores indicate that you understand the pillars of Islam. You see the reason for each component of Islam. You understand hijab..you probably think women who do not wear hijab are nuts.
The IJ's do not like to waste time.

did that make sense.

I drank too much coffee and it is past my bed-time. I pray I made sense.
And thank you...you made my day...today was a good day..I made someone smile.Alhumdullila.

Wa alikumassalaam,
:jazaak: for sharing this with us sister.Truly sharing someone's moment of death is something not many of us can do or handle.
May Allah bless you and reward you immensely.Ameen.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalaam walaikum,

Seeking Allah's Mercy: You would be an excellent teacher.

Wasalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I always thought teaching wasn't for me. It requires patience and tolerance, I lack that.

Make sense? Sometimes you can drive the practical people crazy. But you are happy.
Yes it makes sense. Jazakallah khair. =P @ bold, I know where that is coming from *laughs*. Forgive me, When I do that to you.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

First of all teachers are not patient people. They set the rules and the students do or die.

You do not drive me crazy. You are detailed oriented. If you were a painter your brush stroke is very fine. Like the pointillists. I am a big brush watercolor splashed on the canvas.

Can someone please start a post on the benefits of preparing for death.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
:salam2:

I should have had more teachers like Sister Aapa when I was in school. Maybe I would have turned out better than I did (not that I am bad, but there's always room for improvement).

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum

According to the test it was the INTJ personality type for me.

I don't really take it too seriously though, some of it I feel is quite true (amusing even), but I don't see why it is taken to be so reliable? Allaahu'alam.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

It is considered reliable because of the numbers that have been used over the years. Many people have taken the test and the test provides a profile of an individual preferences. The places that use this test seem to feel the test is a good indicator. It saves money in training.

It is serious as far as personality assessments help companies/institutions to best fit a person in their company.

Carl Jung's work was instrumental in developing the personality indicator. He was a deep thinker. He almost had understanding on a spiritual level. Notice how he has all but disappeared in the past thirty years. Hello folks..he was saying something that ain't appreciated anymore.

Sister,

You just reminded me..many companies that do not drug test employees use personality indicators to test if an individual is likely to take drugs, steal, etc. etc. A lot of money goes behind these tests.
INTJ: You would not have taken the test seriously very simply. That is the J part. In a sense J's are a little more guarded than the P's. ITJ of you is very apparent. You are serious. It is all black and white with you. You know I drive you crazy. I see the colors in black and white. I can't even watch a cloud without seeing ten colors.

Keep in mind there is nothing wrong. It is a simple technique devised on the works on one of the most knowledge fathers of modern psychology. It's an image of how we see and categorize our worlds.

When we communicate you now have a little clue as to why I think the way I think. You have a mini reality check. Oh..this is why I am prone to these thoughts etc.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalaam walaikum,

It is considered reliable because of the numbers that have been used over the years. Many people have taken the test and the test provides a profile of an individual preferences. The places that use this test seem to feel the test is a good indicator. It saves money in training.

It is serious as far as personality assessments help companies/institutions to best fit a person in their company.

Carl Jung's work was instrumental in developing the personality indicator. He was a deep thinker. He almost had understanding on a spiritual level. Notice how he has all but disappeared in the past thirty years. Hello folks..he was saying something that ain't appreciated anymore.

Sister,

You just reminded me..many companies that do not drug test employees use personality indicators to test if an individual is likely to take drugs, steal, etc. etc. A lot of money goes behind these tests.
INTJ: You would not have taken the test seriously very simply. That is the J part. In a sense J's are a little more guarded than the P's. ITJ of you is very apparent. You are serious. It is all black and white with you. You know I drive you crazy. I see the colors in black and white. I can't even watch a cloud without seeing ten colors.

Keep in mind there is nothing wrong. It is a simple technique devised on the works on one of the most knowledge fathers of modern psychology. It's an image of how we see and categorize our worlds.

When we communicate you now have a little clue as to why I think the way I think. You have a mini reality check. Oh..this is why I am prone to these thoughts etc.
Wa-alaikum assalam wa rahmatullaah,

I see, thankyou.

I do understand that things are a lot more complex than just black and white most of the time actually ..

INFJ's seem to be the more emotional type. Do INFJ's see colours where there are no colours, by any chance?

Im not mocking, so please don't take it like that, Im taking the colour analogy a little further, that is all, and yes perhaps its a way of building an understanding of others.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I don't think so. In terms of emotional I think the ENFP gets the cake. That is all lollipops, rainbows and sunshine and they want to share it with everyone. At times I say, child, let me have joy in my rain.

Sister, only love can make you see a kaleidoscope in a droplet of water. But that would be a subject for the sisters club only.

The strenght of the preference also indicates how much of a particular attribute will "shine" thorough.

Keep in mind everyone is seeking a balance. You do not want any extremes. Even my scores were balanced. And they do change with age. I went from a very strong extrovert to a strong introvert. I was the most surprised.Our experiences change our perspectives.

I consider this a tool. I am going to say this is over the internet. I am making huge generalizations. This is secular. It is a fun item.

Does this make me a better Muslim. I just have a better understanding of myself. It is a tool to help me process the guidance I receive from my faith.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Asslam u alaikum wrwb,

INFJ

67 38 62 78

What is this telling about me ???

Jazaki Allahu khayran kathira,

Wasalam,

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

INFJ

67 38 62 78

You are strongly introverted. You need space and time to think. You love structure and rules. You can be concrete in your analysis. You like firm boundaries. You are not all over the place. You like people and respect them very much. The NF makes you love to help others. The very strong J score makes you respect organizations and you work well with others. You are the counselors of society.

You can always goggle your type; there is a lot of information on the personality types.

BinteShafi

Left long ago
:salam2:

Jazaki Allahu khaira kathira...Aapa I appreciate deeply for taking time and analysing my score :) Subhan Allah it is unbelievable true...(though I never tried such thnigs as I always belive that human personality is much more complex than these tests can assess...)

Being raised and educated in a very remote village and then a small town of a poor country, I never had an opportunity to receive any gudance/assistance regarding my career (honestly speking about anything)......

It took me some time to figure out that the profession i can be happy with is "teaching" (not accounting which I was doing). So

I am a teacher now (Alhamdolillah) yes i am a counselor as well :)

Jazaki Allah,

:wasalam:

esperanza

revert of many years
yes it seems we ISFPs are pretty rare.....but im higher on FP..your highest on I..but yes pretty interesting
ISFP
Have just reread desccriptions about ISFP personalities again ,and has really given me some insight...these personalities are actually quite rare and difficult to understand
|but ISPFs are very sensitive artistic love nature have affinity with animals and children...they are very loving and loyal,but also sometimes fail to communicate in a realtionship,therefore get hurt easily,and often feel they are being badly treated..they have a desire to be loved and understood asthey are

thye expect people around them to think as they do and this can cause misunderstandings,,,,,

thye have a strong sense of freedom need to be themselves and do thier own thing..this can cause them problems..and in times of stress will ofte rebel against rules and regualtions.and tend to feel hurt easily

life an be difficult as they take life so seriously but are very caring and always try their hardest to help others

having read these pages...i feel i can understand more about my personality

i know this is only a test but its\true that we all have diifferent personalities,and now i can see why people maybe find it hard to understand ME

esperanza

revert of many years
i am ISFP

i have just done same test for my husband ..i know how he thinks and acts in life....he is ENTJ 11 31 50 89

i have read about his personality..it describes him perefectly..someone who likes to be in control ,is very career minded,likes to dominate, has high expectations ,and cannot accept weaknesses and mistakes

it seems this is quite the opposite of me,,,

dear sisterAAPa do you have any ideas about this,,,,

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sorry about the wait.

esperanza: harmony. If he were the same as you there would not be a balance. The ying/yang. The circle of completeness. ( A male ESTJ would be good for me... alas, I tend to attract brooding hermits.)

tabuzbr esfj not knowing the strenght of the scores you like people..you are not like me..once I am in the house it is impossible to get me out..you enjoy and are energized by people. You have the sj combination. In simple terms that makes a person have common sense. You arrive at the common sense by listening to your heart.(f). You are productive. You blend well in groups.
I am amazed by those who have the s. Let me explain it this way. My score is a very high n. I am out on a cloud by myself. And it takes a lot of energy for me to blend in with a group. I can not even use the same recipe twice. The sj combination is necessary for us to function in workplaces without causing havoc. You are good lawyer material.