Poll For Converts Only

What religion did you follow prior to converting to Islam?

• Total voters

Free European

I converted to Islam some say reverted, anyway, it was nearly 8 years ago!! ALHAMDULIIAH! The best decision I ever made.:hearts:

Salaam
sis
G

Answer me, please: why Islam?!

Why not some other kind of Christianity, why not Judaism, why not any other religion?!

Why you choosed this, the most conservative and the less universal religion?!

I'm an atheist and it seems very intresting to me...

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
i wonder why you are happy???

Answer me, please: why Islam?!

Why not some other kind of Christianity, why not Judaism, why not any other religion?!

Why you choosed this, the most conservative and the less universal religion?!

I'm an atheist and it seems very intresting to me...

--------------------------
are you really happy Free European ?? the whole forum is telling you why these brothers and sisters are happy
you tell me now, what makes you happy living with out a LORD a Creator? isn't this beautiful and wide universe deservs to have a Creator, one Creator, not three as Christianity claims, and not a weak god who sleeps and cry as Judaism belives.
i will be so happy to listen to you, please tell me why you are happy living without God???
i am listening.......

Free European

Of course I'm not. And I'm sure you're not too. In my opinion men just cannot be really happy. It's simply imposible.
We're kind of very clever, but sometimes sad animals:)

You're talking about happines. What give as happines? Endorphine, "hormon of happines". Love, drugs, religion, chocolade - these are some ways to reach it.

Why, in your opinion Jewish god is weaker than yours??!! That's interesting...:)

I couldn't belive in something only because it's comfortable for me. It's like with Santa Claus - it would be nice to belive that one day he'll give me some gift, but the idea that he is real is radicilous and nobody belives in it.

I stoped belive in god when I was 15-16. When I got matured and I understood that it doesn't have any sence.
Since this moment, I just want to be a good man and not to harm anybody. I don't have to belive in any paradise with holy virgins or hell with cruel devils.
Life is all we have and we should respect its worth!
Peace!

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Of course I'm not. And I'm sure you're not too. In my opinion men just cannot be really happy. It's simply imposible.

You're talking about happines. What give as happines? Endorphine, "hormon of happines". Love, drugs, religion, chocolade - these are some ways to reach it.

Why, in your opinion Jewish god is weaker than yours??!! That's interesting...:)

I couldn't belive in something only because it's comfortable for me. It's like with Santa Claus - it would be nice to belive that one day he'll give me some gift, but the idea that he is real is radicilous and nobody belives in it.

I stoped belive in god when I was 15-16. When I got matured and I understood that it doesn't have any sence.
Since this moment, I just want to be a good man and not to harm anybody. I don't have to belive in any paradise with holy virgins or hell with cruel devils.
Peace!

:salam2:
brother -- your answer suprises me cuz i use to be like that i tried things but nothing ever achieves true happiness Believe me ... its not like i went bad or something -- its just that without Allah without God there is no true happiness ... and if you dont believe in hell or heaven then shudn't all humans be born equal why are some short, some tall, why some fat some thin, some poor some rich ... some ppl love their partner with all their heart but one love and the other cheats how is ur world going to do justice to that r u going to go to court and tell them oh she broke my heart (NO unless ur crazy)
so there has to be some justice , you know if there was no exam at the end of the class no one would study ... your time would be a waste coming to class so you have to understand.
Well i personally think you should understand the miracles of Quran and compare it with the modern islam :) and u will believe there is there is no god but god and Muhammed (PBUH) is his messeger

and PS: bro/sis "RabiALLAH" was talking about genesis chapter 1 not sure if you read it but it says after creating the world for 6 days God needed to rest ...
we all have only one God Allah (swt)

take care
aslam o alikum

Rashadi

Peace!

Greetings Free European,

Accepting Islam is not like picking between which restaurant to eat at. In Islam we do not follow our own desire or what sounds nice and cool to us but it is the truth from God(The Creator of all and everything) and He is the one who guides people and for those whom He does not guide, there is no one to help them. I also embraced Islam and I was a Christian before. In Islam we are taught that by God Himself that each and every one of us is born with a basic instinct, sense, pure, innocent and with knowledge of our Creator(Fitrah). It is our parents, society, etc which corrupt us and make us what we are. If we are sincere, honest and in search of truth, when God(Allah) guides us to that right path, we will be able to recognize it and accept it.

I suggest you take a look at Islam with an open mind and honesty. Welcome to the forum and I hope you find it helpful,.

q8penpals

Assalam aliekum

Please! This post is about what religion you were raised as - it is not a thread to argue about beliefs, one way or another.

Please stay on topic here - this is a sticky-post.

If you need to argue theology, make your own thread, or, better yet, DON'T argue!

Lana

TheMiniMuslima

Assalamu alaikum

I was a non-practicing Christian before I found Islam. I come from a religious family, but my mother was never really overtly religious. We attended church, every once in awhile. I did attend a Christian private school for two years, before I decided to leave Christianity and religion altogether. For the next 4 or 5 years, I tried everything. From Wiccan to Buddhism, until I finally decided to give Islam a try. Alhamdullilah, I became a Muslim not even two months after reading the Qur'an and doing more research.

BigAk

Assalamu alaikum

I was a non-practicing Christian before I found Islam. I come from a religious family, but my mother was never really overtly religious. We attended church, every once in awhile. I did attend a Christian private school for two years, before I decided to leave Christianity and religion altogether. For the next 4 or 5 years, I tried everything. From Wiccan to Buddhism, until I finally decided to give Islam a try. Alhamdullilah, I became a Muslim not even two months after reading the Qur'an and doing more research.

Masha' Allah.... I am very excited for you my sister... Are there many muslims where you reside?? I hope that you're finding the proper support there. Things can get tough in this country of the US.

Free European

I'm disapointed. I though you are open-minded people ready for discusion about religion. I was wrong...

Meaning of everything you wrote was: "shut up and learn Islam!!"
I was hope I could learn you something about other points of view. I was wrong too...

Wishing all the best,
good bay!:)

BigAk

I'm disapointed. I though you are open-minded people ready for discusion about religion. I was wrong...

I was hope I could learn you something about other points of view. I was wrong too...

Wishing all the best,

Brother.... We tried to help you but you selected to ignore our logical meaty posts and run after silly points by conveying your ideas with idiotic examples using hollywood figures like Tome Cruise and Paris Hilton while ridiculously placing these figures on the same scale as the various noble prophets!!! You did not acknowledge any of the informative posts that are geared to helping you. You are not here to open your mind and learn, but rather to stir up trouble by attempting to prove us wrong.. We don't need your proof.. And obviously you don't need ours... Let it go... and Good Bye!!

BigAk

Wishing all the best,

It is obvious you mean disrespect here... Why are you selecting to post on this Sticky thread that has nothing to do with your post?? Why don't you start a new thread if you want to complain and whine like a baby??

Would a moderator please erase these posts?? Thank you.

Free European

I'll answer one more time to show it clear:

At the begining I though it's posibble to discuse with you (all forum members) about religion like with, for example, Catholics ( I do it wery often!). But now I know it's rather imposible.
First of all, I'm really sorry but I couldn't answer for all your arguments. There's to many of it.
Secondly, most of this arguments are taken from Quran. And it's hard to me to argue with these, I don't want to insult nobody... For me it's only a book writen by some arabic merchants long time ago. For you - it's word of god.
I was hope you'll make a step further and we'll talk about Islam and other religions on the more universal basis.
Third thing: you also didn't responded for my questions.
4. Some arguments were completly nonsense. Jewish almighty god is weaker than Islamic almighty god? Darwin's theory of evolution is false? Christianism is religion of violence and death?

(I'm sorry I write down it here, but here everything started, and topic about diferences between religion has been closed!)

Good night!

BigAk

Secondly, most of this arguments are taken from Quran. And it's hard to me to argue with these, I don't want to insult nobody... For me it's only a book writen by some arabic merchants long time ago. For you - it's word of god.!

Brother... There are many miracles in the Quran that when you open your mind and analyze them, one can easily come to the conclusion that the Quran cannot be the product of the human kind. Use the handy search button on this forum and look for them, study them with an open mind, then make your own decision. If you have questions about these miracles you can start a new thread. When good people take a precious time out of their schedules and post answers for you, acknowledge them; don't ignore them. I hate it when I spend time explaining and offering help just so the asking party ignore my efforts and not address them. No one likes that.

BigAk

4. Some arguments were completly nonsense. Jewish almighty god is weaker than Islamic almighty god? Darwin's theory of evolution is false? Christianism is religion of violence and death?!

There is nothing in the Quran or Sunnah that convey any of the ideas above. Instead; why don't you concentrate on the valuable and credible data that Islam is drawn upon??

Again; use the search button and do your homework. We can lead you to the water but no one can make you drink.

Please stop posting on this unrelated Sticky. If needed start a new thread.