Poll For Converts Only

What religion did you follow prior to converting to Islam?

• Total voters

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Salam aleykum

I was a Christian-protestantic in the Swedish church but now im a muslim allhamdulillah:)

:salah:

:salam2:
welcome to islam brother congratulation on making the decision thats going to benefit you the most Mashallah =) welcome to the forum as well.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I'll answer one more time to show it clear:

At the begining I though it's posibble to discuse with you (all forum members) about religion like with, for example, Catholics ( I do it wery often!). But now I know it's rather imposible.
First of all, I'm really sorry but I couldn't answer for all your arguments. There's to many of it.
Secondly, most of this arguments are taken from Quran. And it's hard to me to argue with these, I don't want to insult nobody... For me it's only a book writen by some arabic merchants long time ago. For you - it's word of god.
I was hope you'll make a step further and we'll talk about Islam and other religions on the more universal basis.
Third thing: you also didn't responded for my questions.
4. Some arguments were completly nonsense. Jewish almighty god is weaker than Islamic almighty god? Darwin's theory of evolution is false? Christianism is religion of violence and death?

(I'm sorry I write down it here, but here everything started, and topic about diferences between religion has been closed!)

Good night!

I think you need to do more research about this. Qur'an was revealed not written but was memorised by the Prophet himself (may blessings and peace be upon him) and his companion (may Allah be pleased with them all) in it's early days. This is the only Holy Book that is free from corruption, adulteration, polarisation, errors, contradiction and alteration. This is the only Book that is still in it's original language for more than 1400 years. If it was written by you or me or the Arab merchants very unlikely we can write without errors or contradiction. Allah has in the Qur'an challenged you to invent a book similar to Qur'an if you can, why not you take this challenge?

Yes, for me and 1.5 billion muslim around the world Qur'an is word of Allah. As a muslim we have to base our argument from the source of Qur'an and Sunnah but there is no compulsion on you to rely on this source unless you are muslim (sorry I'm not sure your religion).

This is Islamic forum, we prefer to talk more about Islam not other religions though we don't mind. If you insist to talk about other religion I suggest you go and find other website and you talk to them.

Darwin the genius said men are from apes, sorry to ask you, are you from apes??? So what "some argument are nonsense"?

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I'm disapointed. I though you are open-minded people ready for discusion about religion. I was wrong...

Meaning of everything you wrote was: "shut up and learn Islam!!"
I was hope I could learn you something about other points of view. I was wrong too...

As I suggested earlier, if you want to learn or want to talk about other religions pls log on to other website. Thank you for your understanding.

dieuestjuste

Assalam alaykoum,
I came from a non practising catholic family, however always had fitrah, believed in God.
I think when you are young you want to know the truth, people around you can't always answer you, or when they do, they aren't always convincing.
At school we used to have religious studies, they went through different religions however the topics were more about Christanity.
They've amazed me when they were giving qualities of God to a man Prophet/messenger (Jesus pbuh)

Personally i was craving the truth and Allah has only helped me to come to Islam, Elhamdulillah

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Assalam alaykoum,
I came from a non practising catholic family, however always had fitrah, believed in God.
I think when you are young you want to know the truth, people around you can't always answer you, or when they do, they aren't always convincing.
At school we used to have religious studies, they went through different religions however the topics were more about Christanity.
They've amazed me when they were giving qualities of God to a man Prophet/messenger (Jesus pbuh)

Personally i was craving the truth and Allah has only helped me to come to Islam, Elhamdulillah

mashallah =) very beautiful , I think all of us should keep on searching for the truth till we find it, cuz hell is no Joke, its a serious thing and we all are given knowledge and the ability to make decision from Allah (swt) so we can make the right one.

yoko337

Asalamu alaikom

I was buddish and the town was buddish subhallah, i am very prou to be muslim becase Allah have help me to getout fron the hell fire, lahalah walauqu wata illahbilah.
It so nice to know that so many had become muslim,Allahu akber
May Allah give us jannah.............Ameena:tti_sister:

yoko337

can money and all the material make you really happy in your heart.

Of course I'm not. And I'm sure you're not too. In my opinion men just cannot be really happy. It's simply imposible.
We're kind of very clever, but sometimes sad animals:)

You're talking about happines. What give as happines? Endorphine, "hormon of happines". Love, drugs, religion, chocolade - these are some ways to reach it.

Why, in your opinion Jewish god is weaker than yours??!! That's interesting...:)

I couldn't belive in something only because it's comfortable for me. It's like with Santa Claus - it would be nice to belive that one day he'll give me some gift, but the idea that he is real is radicilous and nobody belives in it.

I stoped belive in god when I was 15-16. When I got matured and I understood that it doesn't have any sence.
Since this moment, I just want to be a good man and not to harm anybody. I don't have to belive in any paradise with holy virgins or hell with cruel devils.
Life is all we have and we should respect its worth!
Peace!

To free europe
Life is very short and have you wonder some time who give you dead and what happen efter dead and can you garanty to live till tomorrow, why we living here in the big world. Not thing on this eart is just happen, before you get a good work or driver licen you have to make a test and try to study very hard to get a good result. do you think to live is just destiny???????
i hope you have time to read about Islam and you will never belive how wonderful to became muslim.

ckrof2ruth

Its a little late for this reply, but I was Hindu before embracing Islam.

I can classify myself as being agnostic Hindu before coming to Islam (after a few years of research/study and close contact with other Muslims as close friends even though most were/are non practicing).

megan

Growing in my Deen

I was not raised into any denomination. My mother did not refer to herself as Christian and neither did my father, and if anything, most of my life I have been surrounded by ardent atheists who went as far as mocking and ridiculing religion in all its forms.

peace

ummto2

I was raised Christian, my dad is a preacher and my mom's dad was a preacher, but I left christianity to be pagan long before I found Islam. So, I converted to Islam from paganism walhamdulillah.

LoveIslam03

:muslima: Salam Alykum, well to keep it short i was raised a strict christain with very bibial grandparents, then the time i was 7 years old, i was asking why are we here? why did jesus die for our sins when i never asked him to? why would god kill his son to prove that sins are forgiven when he is god he can forgive without killing his son? and other related questions so at the time of 10 i was puzzled and then reading about hindu, judism, buddah and many others i ended up going to a catholic church and also a pentecostel church seeking answers plus going to my local sunday school,i found out no one had answers they just say JESUS LOVES YOU SO LOVE HIM TOO and i beliveed in jesus but not as a son of God, so then when i rached 13 i went to a baptist church which really felt like a family and i enjoyed it but the thought and un answered questions was still their, so i could not stay in the chhirtain faith i was abourt to give up, when a muslim boy told me about islam since then i read and studuing islam the more i did the more i got angry and the more it became truth then i became relaxed and never looked back mashallah alahmdullulah allahu akbar

Love Islam I am servent of Allah

wa alykum salam:):
SMILY231:

mhamzah

:muslima: Salam Alykum, well to keep it short i was raised a strict christain with very bibial grandparents, then the time i was 7 years old, i was asking why are we here? why did jesus die for our sins when i never asked him to? why would god kill his son to prove that sins are forgiven when he is god he can forgive without killing his son? and other related questions so at the time of 10 i was puzzled and then reading about hindu, judism, buddah and many others i ended up going to a catholic church and also a pentecostel church seeking answers plus going to my local sunday school,i found out no one had answers they just say JESUS LOVES YOU SO LOVE HIM TOO and i beliveed in jesus but not as a son of God, so then when i rached 13 i went to a baptist church which really felt like a family and i enjoyed it but the thought and un answered questions was still their, so i could not stay in the chhirtain faith i was abourt to give up, when a muslim boy told me about islam since then i read and studuing islam the more i did the more i got angry and the more it became truth then i became relaxed and never looked back mashallah alahmdullulah allahu akbar

Love Islam I am servent of Allah

wa alykum salam:):
SMILY231:

congratulations Sister,

Welcome to the family

:wasalam:

BinKhadija

An Akhu
Why does it say 'Converts Only' poll? Doesn't the last Choice 'I was Born a Muslim and so did not "revert" ' effect the percentage of the reversts from different religious backgrounds

q8penpals

Why does it say 'Converts Only' poll? Doesn't the last Choice 'I was Born a Muslim and so did not "revert" ' effect the percentage of the reversts from different religious backgrounds

Assalam aliekum

Because when I originally posted the poll (a looooooong time ago), I was mostly interested in the converts - the moderators emailed me and asked if it was ok if they added the choice that people were born Muslims, to get more demographics of the site. I said ok.

BNDGR

Asalam alaikum,
My family while growing up tried a variety of religions, we were catholic, mormon, luthren, and then tried a variety of different non denominational christian churches. As an adult for my family I went to a christian church, It was a very relaxed and not so uptight church and had a variety of really good positive youth programs. Some churches forget about the youth of the church.
I just basically wanted to give my family a basis of knowing God and learning good values to make us all stronger and better people.
The problem is that church for many Christians is just a one day a week thing, you go on Sunday and learn for that day we all act riteous, but then any other day its just living however we want.
I wanted more and when someone introduced Islam to me it fit what I was looking for. It was a way of life and one on one with God. The values and morals are along the same lines as I already was living.
Alhumdullilah, my family and I are so thankful that our heart were open to hear and accept Islam.

DanyalSAC

I was raised Catholic and for most of my adult life I was a traditionalist Catholic (one who shunned the "innovation" of Vatican Council II). The similarities are interesting:

Traditionally Catholic monasteries pray five times a day: Dawn (Matins), mid morning (Lauds), noon (Sext), afternoon (Vespers, though often this is just on Fridays), and night (Compline). These are usually done in congregation and mostly sung.

The traditional Catholic church had a call to prayer - it was called the Angelus and was rung 3 times a day. When you heard the Angelus you stopped what you were doing and prayed (usually this was in honor of the moment Gabriel - Jibril - coming to Mary to announce she was to become a mother).

Someday inshallah I hope to do dawah the way Shaykh Yusuf Estes does :)

Danyal