Poll For Converts Only

What religion did you follow prior to converting to Islam?

• Total voters

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
Born as a Muslim , wish to die as a Muslim too .
because I found my happiness in Islam and Islam agrees with everything .

sunnyhayat

Still trying to increas Imaan
Its a little late for this reply, but I was Hindu before embracing Islam.

I can classify myself as being agnostic Hindu before coming to Islam (after a few years of research/study and close contact with other Muslims as close friends even though most were/are non practicing).

Where are u from brother? How did u take the journey of reversion? Please tgell me your story so that I can get some inspiration towards path to allah the benefactor and marsiful

icadams

I was a Christian, baptist, studying to be a pastor while pursuing post-graduate degrees in theology at a Christian seminary.

ja_tu_miluju

I was

I was LDS or Mormon. A lot of them get upset if you link them in with "Christians" even though TECHNICALLY that's exactly what they are lol.

sister myriam

islam is my way
a knew sister

for me was born in muslim contrie tha band hijab and close the mosques so you can imagine how was our islam....!but then alhamdulilah i learned more about my relegion and of course i wear my hijab ...so islam can not be enhereted it is a thing that each one had to discover on his one ...so al hamdulilah that he guide us to the streight path...

Renee

I was born in an non-practicing protestant family but choose none or other because already as a child I thought that was utter bollocks even at a very young age. The funny thing though was that my grandmom used to buy 3 or 4 weekly family magazines, those with many different kinds of contents. Often however there was articles about flying saucers, haunted places and often an column where to ask a medium, horoscopes and such, so that sparked my interest in the more mysterious things in nature early on, but without being stained by ancient religious dogmas as I saw it. Then as I grew older I learned about other mysterious phenomenon like ESP, NDU, Astral Projection and many other things of that nature. But I was never interested in religion. I only read that I was forced to in school, nothing else. It just felt like rubbish and superstition to me. So I have never taken any stand for any particular faith although I'm protestant but on paper only. That is why I chose the none/other option. But here I am now and it looks like I will take my stand soon.

Renee

I forgot to add that because of my interest in these supernatural phenomena I eventually came to the conclusion that there is more than meets the eye. All those accounts of witnesses that had seen UFO's, ghosts and other stuff can't all be making it up, so there must be a world beyond ours, possibly a higher being even but I just didn't feel like following any specific path because of that.

Azizati

salam alikoum wa rahmatu Allhi wa barakatuh

I was born a Muslim and so did not "revert"
but hamdulillah we are all muslims and no difference between us
salam alikoum

searcheroftruth

Well, the easiest way to answer this is to ask what religion I HAVEN'T been. From atheist to neo-pagan, from Satanist to catholic to eastern orthodox, from wicca to scientology, buddhist and baptist, you name it, I've at the very least looked into it if not practiced it at some point or another. Each and every single one of them had flaws and errors. While I'm still not sure about converting to Islam, it is the only one I've found which I can't find an error with, and while I'm still researching (hence my being on this nice forum), I'm getting the suspicion that I'm never going to find any flaws, though I still much research as much as possible before I'm ready.

AZAM_SIDDIQUI

FREE EUROPEAN.

well there is only One Almighty God. There can be only one who is Almighty.ok.so ppl who mke such comments and ppl who take such cmmnts are sick.
you seem to be fighting yourself against the embrace of truth which you see as encirclement, for you think truth is your enemy.but the truth has come to liberate you from he real enemy which is the trojan horse of disbelef.yet you have taken his trojan horse inside you where it is burning down your soul slowly and unable to understand where the agony is from your ill advisor satan isdirecting your last efforts against truth.but know my friend that truth doesnot enter where it is not invited ,yet still it is compassionate .truth is islam.you cannot harm it because it doesnot need you,you can harm yourself by staying away from it and continue burning.then satan your ill advisor will look for a new victim who will come in this forum and rant against islam.and we will still be compassionate and patient.beCause THERE ARE MANY WHO WILL EMBRACE THE TRUTH .as you can see .and you wonder what is it that they have seen that you cant see.you enjoy discussing with the catholics because surely if THE BLIND DISCUSS about color they can have different view and still come to a consensus.the catholics dont have any more light than you.

as for our saying theory of evolution is wrong it is a fact .answer my favorite question about theory of evolution -did the egg evolve from the hen or the hen evolevd from the egg.what came first? and if the egg evolved from the hen or vice versa where and why did the cock come from?????????

visit harunyahya.com if you rintereted about that particular question about evolution. ok whats ur other rant

christianity is a religion of violence and death .no it is not. the stories of heretics burnt at the stake are not true? .protestants being killed and catholics being killed must have been a fairy tale.?

WHAT GREATER PROOF DO YU WANT OF A RELIGION BEING VIOLENT WHOSE PEOPLE PUT THEIR PROPHET <or god> to death.
i dont know what you will call a religion -if not bloodthirsty and violent and immoral -WHERE THE gOD KILLS HIS OWN INNOCENT SON FOR THE SINS OF OTHERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so u see o enemy of truth .see this led to violent crusades against civilsed muslims in which arab christians were also killed by the european christians.search about spanish acquisitions.etc

so truly u r much better off that u dont want to hurt anybody else ;)except urself by denying the truth.

if u accept good advice -we r equals and brothers if u dont- then u dont we cannot bribe u or goad u like christian missionaries. Alhamdullillah we have A LARGE HAPPY FAMILY 1.62 Billion to take care of! subhanallah.

~Sunnah~

As-Salamolaikum Brothers and Sisters,

I was born and raised a Muslim, however I want to point out that this does NOT necessarily imply that born Muslims don't have to struggle with the truth and to be GOOD Muslims.

May Allah swt truly reward those who have found truth in Islam and give the same hikmah and mercy upon the Muslims in our Ummah who have strayed.

dilek

OntheWayOf ALLAH
Salam to all

I totally agree with you "Sunnah" .. I am muslim from born as well, alhamdullah but I say I am really in islam only 7 years in my 23 years life.. lool I lost so many years..

Inshaallah I can correct these lost years soon ..

Stay with pray and always closer to Allah inshaallah

Ma3assalama

Elise

Salaam
I did not have a religion before Islam. My mother was born a catholic, but didn't practice since leaving home. She now hasn't got any religion, she calls herself a humanist. So I've been raised deprived of any sense of God. But I have always been very interested in religion and am quite spiritual. In the end I came across Islam :hearts:

irwinleslie

I was a Catholic, but not brought up one I was a convert to Catholicism because I discovered God and that was the first religion I came in contact with.
But, Alhamduililah I was slowly guided to the Straight Path and yesterday became Muslim! :D

Peace
Yusuf:

Mashallah!

I just took my Shahada two days ago! :SMILY149:

So glad to hear about all of use new converts!

Congrats and Peace to you!

:muslim_child:

hafsa-sally

salam alaykom
before being muslim i was a durze. many people think that they are part of islam but they aren't.
and hamedullilah for being muslima.it's such an honor to be part of the islamic ummah and hope it will riase up again.

BrotherKhalid

Of course I believe I was born Muslim (that we all are) but I was raised as a Catholic, and when I was in high school I left the church for Buddhism. First I was a Pure Land Buddhist, then I joined Soka Gakkai (a Japanese sect based on Nichiren Buddhism). After finding fault with SGI, I turned to other forms of Buddhism, and for a short while tried out Theravada.

...then one day I was at a Multicultural festival in which there was a beautifully decorated Islamic booth with some very warm and welcoming looking brothers attending. That was my first exposure to Islam and I would never again be the same after that.

:wasalam: