Pologamy?

rahman2040

as salam 'alaykum warahamtu-llahi wabarakatuhu

I want to say something, I don't know why, but everyone is shouting about polygamy polygamy.....

the truth is, this sunnah is no more in practice in the Muslim Ummah,

:salam2:
Brother ur forgetting one thing "Fird is greater than sunnah"

when the statement of Allah clearly says "if cant make justice marry only one"
that means its fird.
On other hand Prophet Mohammed(saw) has the power of nabuwath, so we cant have all his sunnah's.

Its my thinking.
Allah knows best

saifkhan

abd-Allah

:salam2:
Brother ur forgetting one thing "Fird is greater than sunnah"

when the statement of Allah clearly says "if cant make justice marry only one"
that means its fird.
On other hand Prophet Mohammed(saw) has the power of nabuwath, so we cant have all his sunnah's.

Its my thinking.
Allah knows best

wa 'alaykum salam waraahmtu-llah

Sunnah is not always refer to the sunnah of prophet Muhamamd salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam. Sunnatu-llah, sunnah of Rasul Allah salla Allahu 'alayhi wa sallam and also the sunnah of sahaba radhi Allahu anhu.

by my statement i tried to refer to the practice, of course it is one of the Sunnah of Muhammad salla Allahu alaihi wa sallam.

and this, I never mentioned that marrying more than one is fardh
but this what Allah made Halal for us

and why do we mind or we have to mind, if someone don't mind to have a second wife and going well.

wassalam

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
I am against pologamy in this day and age, because no-one is able to treat their wives equally as our Prophet did.

Nowadays one wife will be taken to dinner parties (second wife- the love of his life) and the other one (parent's choice) left to scrub floors. He will never stop at wife number 4, 5...... and so forth. I against how muslims abuse the system now?

How is that just?

Does it make me a bad muslim to think in such way?

the limit is 4. There's no 5. And you have generalized big time. Not every man who is married to more than one will be like you describe. There are men who are fair in terms of time, money, and support for all of his wives. But of course there are unfortunately, some men who are not equal to their wives and families. May Allah guide us all.

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!

Tomtom

Banned
Brother Itqan Ullah that statement is naive to say the least. There are, unforutnately, so many cases of jealousy where the man who has more than one wife seems to prefer or treat one better than the rest. Being human we are all susceptible to the whisperings of satan brother. Of course, there are also those who are happy in their polygamous marriages. Salaam.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
yes thats the point in certain social situations it may be necessary..or in countries with war, but to compare wiht men ,in the west who have mistresses is not a good reason

surely muslim men are different as they follow the guidelines of islam ,if the man has a good wife who is good to him ,why should he have another wife,,,just to satisfy his desires

if he has been married many years and has a number of children ,and now wants to marry just because resltess now he is older...than ithink its he who has the problem,,

im not saying polygamy is wrong ,so dont tell me im going against the sunnah,but as a reason just to satisfy mens desires, or just to say well at least they are not having mistresses,,,dont think thats valid

and you would be surprised there are more men than you think across the arab world wiht more than one wife

I'm not talking about men in the west or east, in my country in particular my indian community. Personally, I do not see polygamy as a problem, it is there to solve problems not to create problems. If men can't control his desire but his wife strongly against he marry another one, he may commit zina which is worst than jealousy arising from polygamy. Yes, Quran affirmed that if men feel can't do justice then should only marry one. But if if he is qualified yet his wife still against it. Does this construed as going against the religion? I've to check what the ulama say.