Quantum Mechanics

True_Sultan

A logical believer
:salam2:

According to physicists

The four forces of matter that physicist describe are weak, strong , gravitational and the electro –magnetic. The gravitational - the weakest one. those forces bound the matter and the sub-atomic particles affected by those forces which keeps them in order and rotate in energy levels. this is what physicist believe about mechanics of quantum.
( after all this are theories which could err and a room for changes. And in past, So many theories were corrected later or rejected.)

the main question is who set those forces ? The particles do not move on their own but Allaah has set the order in them by His will and wisdom .And He has made the things to move, act, work accordingly. And they submit themselves to Allaah’s order.

As Allaah says in qur’aan

"If there were therein Gods besides Allah, then verily both (the heavens and the earth) would have collapsed into disorder and chaos. Glorified be Allah, the Lord of the Throne, transcendent beyond all they ascribe unto Him." (21:22)

"It is Allah Who created everything in the best of form…It is He Who created and perfected all things." (32:7, 87:2)

"Allah is He Who created seven heavens and of the earth a similar number. Through the midst of them (all) descends His command: that you may know that Allah has power over all things, and that Allah comprehends all things in (His) knowledge." (65:12)

"There is not an animal in the earth nor a flying creature flying on two wings, but they are community like unto you. We have neglected nothing in the Book. Then unto their Lord they will be gathered." (6:38)

humans have misused the energy at sub-atomic levels by making hydrogen bomb, atom bombs from the radioactive elements. Humans have also used the energy in good ways ! Like hydro-electric generation.

Although so many people may have knowhow of quantum mechanics yet they do not think of the reasons behind the motion of particles . If they could have reasoned than that would have helped themselves better than any-one else.Or could atleast have thought of the creator behind and existence of such sub-atomic particles. An another example,there are many atheist cardiac surgeons. One of them as just an instance, when doing surgery sees the amazing heart beating ,he observes that the bicuspid and the tri-cuspid valves do not open simultaneously,but one closes and other opens and vice-versa . further blood arrives in heart at some pressure and leaves the heart at a different pressure which causes heart beat. These pressures are diastolic and systolic During clinical check-up the physician measures the levels of those pressures and looks at the health condition, whether there is low blood pressure or high blood pressure . If all such doctors have reasoned this order in heart and went to fetch answers then that would have led them to think atleast that who set the motion of heart ?.and who set such a command in it? But they will not unless they are guided by Allaah subhanahu wa taala.

On the contrary science has been helped through Islaamic studies. I have seen a video in which two swiss astroscientists went into the space and they saw something surprising that moved them and later instilled their heart with iman. yet I do not remember the exact story of that. Another familiar example -when Musa (peace be upon him) went to the court of firaun and his snakes swallowed the snakes of firaun’s magician, they were certain that this is not the magic but a reality, and so that instilled their heart wih faith and they embraced Islaam. So guidance is upto Allaah , he does with his knowledge.

on the other side I have heard (not sure of that although) that there are anti-islaamic study centres that are working day-night to disprove/ misfit the ayahs of qur’aan ( I seek Allaah’s refuge from the fitans) But as the qur’aan has challenged to produce even ten verses equivalent to it and the mujrimoons were and are not able to do so. So Allaah solely helps his religion against the enemies and helps the believers, gives them the stronghold to Islaam.It is human illusion that so and so things help Islaam anyway. so many verses of qur’aan guides us to believe that Allaah safeguards the believers and islaam and they should keep hope in Allaah. Further it can be said that still before 100 years there were no modern instruments to show the people minutest things still they embraced Islaam, that was solely that Allaah guided them to falaah- success..

The sub-atomic particles are not seen through an un-aided eye but seen through a compound or an electron microscope that shows the flickering motion of electrons!. Just as the lab-technician sees the microorganism present in blood, saliva etc and can come to conclusion the type of disease – malaria, typhoid etc.

so can we say that as ghayb? or factually, a limitation of Human eye ! can we?

Interesting indeed. I know that these subatomic particle's appear and when they interact the interaction induces such a force. These forces are supplied by energy (like all Matter.due to E=MC^2) and that (if M-Theory is proven when finding gravitons and dark matter at the LHC) is seeping through the other dimensions (5th, 6th, 7th...11th unseen dimension). Also I can see the outcome of it, it can help us explore the universe and other things crafted and created by Allah (i.e. make warp drive possible using artifical gravity propulsion). Also to answer your question it depends on the working definition of "ghayb" (the unknown/unseen/beyond/absolute/*shudders*). For me it can be considered ghayb (if ghayb just meant unseen)..actually the ghayb is undefinable so i'll leave it at that.

actually that's my question:).....kidding akhi!!so yeah can anybody answer this.
jazakallah khairan.

I think i just did :lol:

I have two things to say:

1.Do not indulge in pseudoscience.
2.Do not drag religion along with science, vice versa.

Did you purposefully repeat what I wrote.

Well quantum mechanics isn't considred pseudoscience though..some aspects has been proven.

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

In one lecture of Tafseer al-Quran that I listened to, al-ustaaz mentioned that Syed Qutb said : "Al-Quran is not a book of science but rather it is a book of Al-Ahkaam, الأحكام (full of wisdom and knowledge)." Therefore the details of how the world is created etc, it isn't in the Quran. But as a Muslim who believe in the holy and highness of the Quran, we take everything that is written in it as we know it is from Allaah The All-Knower, All-Knowledgable and All-Wise.

Science may always change. What could be a theory, theorem or Laws might be disqualified or "upgraded" with new findings and theories proved by countless experiments. So the one that we learn in science today might be a different thing by the time of our children/grandchildren.

As for your thoughts of pursuing in engineering course, well, I think that is a good idea. May Allaah ease your journey in seeking for knowledge. InshaAllaah, I think it wouldnt be much of a problem to you as you have a strong basic in maths. Maybe you can try for Engineering Physics, Nuclear Engineering or Aerospace Engineering. Engineering is not just about advanced physics but there are lots of maths and calculus too. There are many branches of engineering so try to find one that suits you the most so that your intelligence can be used on the right track. :wink:

Until then, its best to focus on strengthening one's faith, increase knowledge in matters of the deen and strive to become a better Muslim everyday. Because what Islam needs is not just merely an engineer, or a doctor, or a teacher - but what we need are Islamic engineers, a'liim doctors and teachers.

Wassalam.

Thank you Sister, Jakkaz Allah Khair...also really its really hard to find scholars. Also if anyone else has any questions ask them..idk maybe i made a mistake..im up for corrections on both science and islam :) :SMILY259: :hearts:

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Interesting indeed. I know that these subatomic particle's appear and when they interact the interaction induces such a force. These forces are supplied by energy (like all Matter.due to E=MC^2) and that (if M-Theory is proven when finding gravitons and dark matter at the LHC) is seeping through the other dimensions (5th, 6th, 7th...11th unseen dimension). Also I can see the outcome of it, it can help us explore the universe and other things crafted and created by Allah (i.e. make warp drive possible using artifical gravity propulsion). Also to answer your question it depends on the working definition of "ghayb" (the unknown/unseen/beyond/absolute/*shudders*). For me it can be considered ghayb (if ghayb just meant unseen)..actually the ghayb is undefinable so i'll leave it at that.

I think i just did :lol:

Well quantum mechanics isn't considred pseudoscience though..some aspects has been proven.

Thank you Sister, Jakkaz Allah Khair...also really its really hard to find scholars. Also if anyone else has any questions ask them..idk maybe i made a mistake..im up for corrections on both science and islam :) :SMILY259: :hearts:

So Im assuming what i stated above is correct :D

DANG IM PRO

stargazer

Clear Skies!
I love physics and off course I like the quantum theory. In my course (Bsc in Physics) I am just begining to understand the foundation of this theory and it has already amazed me. Quantum theory explains a lot of stuff at the molecular level while the Relativity explain things on a much larger scale.
However the funny thing is that these two theories, which are considered as the two greatest intellectual achievements of the human mind, are incompatible with each other. Quantum Theory of Gravitation and is still what we lack and It shows for sure that something is still missing. Still some are working on the Quantum Mechanics.
As to the question How does Quantum Mechanics Help Islam?
If we believe in Allah then we have to accept that he is one who is governing all thephysical laws and that he is alknowing and he know exactly what he intended. If we see a beautiful pattern in the Quantum theory and it has enable us to achievem a lot of technological advancemnts then we have to accept that it is his will that we understand it, learn its beauty and be convinced that there is a creator.
But knowledge and realiy are ambigous. Realiy could be an illusion. so in my opinion one should be careful to draw conclusions from the results we get from the theories we formulate. So while ‘trying to understand the ‘ghayb’ with a help of a theory which is an illusion in the first place, we all know where it would lead. Will Quantum Theory in general would help islam, only time can tell.
As for the sub atomic particles when I was given a short introduction, I was overwhelmed to know that there are at least 30 subatomic particles and these weird particles with funny names: what is the relation of these particles to each other is still unkown and theoretical physicists are working on it. For now, we can only hypothesize to explain the unseen.
I will end this with what Max Plank once said to Einstein while he was trying to formulate a new theory of gravitation.
“What if God wanted to say to you: STOP!”
Exactly! What if Allah never intended us to concieve such a thing, then all the efforts to achieve it would be meaningless.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
I love physics and off course I like the quantum theory. In my course (Bsc in Physics) I am just begining to understand the foundation of this theory and it has already amazed me. Quantum theory explains a lot of stuff at the molecular level while the Relativity explain things on a much larger scale.
However the funny thing is that these two theories, which are considered as the two greatest intellectual achievements of the human mind, are incompatible with each other. Quantum Theory of Gravitation and is still what we lack and It shows for sure that something is still missing. Still some are working on the Quantum Mechanics.
As to the question How does Quantum Mechanics Help Islam?
If we believe in Allah then we have to accept that he is one who is governing all thephysical laws and that he is alknowing and he know exactly what he intended. If we see a beautiful pattern in the Quantum theory and it has enable us to achievem a lot of technological advancemnts then we have to accept that it is his will that we understand it, learn its beauty and be convinced that there is a creator.
But knowledge and realiy are ambigous. Realiy could be an illusion. so in my opinion one should be careful to draw conclusions from the results we get from the theories we formulate. So while ‘trying to understand the ‘ghayb’ with a help of a theory which is an illusion in the first place, we all know where it would lead. Will Quantum Theory in general would help islam, only time can tell.
As for the sub atomic particles when I was given a short introduction, I was overwhelmed to know that there are at least 30 subatomic particles and these weird particles with funny names: what is the relation of these particles to each other is still unkown and theoretical physicists are working on it. For now, we can only hypothesize to explain the unseen.
I will end this with what Max Plank once said to Einstein while he was trying to formulate a new theory of gravitation.
“What if God wanted to say to you: STOP!”
Exactly! What if Allah never intended us to concieve such a thing, then all the efforts to achieve it would be meaningless.

Oh My GOD!@!!

Brother amazing post...i thought about that too..what if it was hidden on purpose? I know thats amazing............but i mean the unknown/unseen well we don't know and it maybe beyond and infinite..so the unknown of the subatomic particles could be just nothing *shudders* :angryblue: that's mind consuming..

a_stranger

We should keep in our minds that Quran is the words of the creator :

2:2 (Asad) THIS DIVINE WRIT - let there be no doubt about it is [meant to be] a guidance for all the God-conscious.

41:42 No falsehood can approach it from before or behind it: It is sent down by One Full of Wisdom, Worthy of all Praise.

While science is a human (creator) efforts , we as muslem should know the big gap between these two , if we are humble enough to know who are we infront of our creator we shall know the differance . still some scientific facts ( be carefull facts not theories may give a more understanding to so verses in Quran . We should keep in mind that our efforts are developing if we study history of science we can see how human understanding developed ., while Quran is words of the one who created everything .

True_Sultan

A logical believer

We should keep in our minds that Quran is the words of the creator :

2:2 (Asad) THIS DIVINE WRIT - let there be no doubt about it is [meant to be] a guidance for all the God-conscious.

41:42 No falsehood can approach it from before or behind it: It is sent down by One Full of Wisdom, Worthy of all Praise.

While science is a human (creator) efforts , we as muslem should know the big gap between these two , if we are humble enough to know who are we infront of our creator we shall know the differance . still some scientific facts ( be carefull facts not theories may give a more understanding to so verses in Quran . We should keep in mind that our efforts are developing if we study history of science we can see how human understanding developed ., while Quran is words of the one who created everything .

That is so true.

But really theories can be turned into facts. So i mean thats what drives me to learn about science (well some sciences) as the Quran even gave us a divine invitation to knowledge. So yeah :D

Erum90

Muslima
I give props to you True_Sultan, for posting this thread. It is always disappointing when muslims attempt to deny the legitimacy of science using the rhetoric of faith. For any faith to claim to be the truth it must be in accordance with what we see in the world. Otherwise it can be dismissed as magic. The beauty of Islam lies in the fact that it IS supported by science. The dismissal of science for faith is a weakness in the faith because it goes to show that your faith is not strong enough to face the opposition (if that is what you consider it) that science poses. "Allah knows best" is very true, but that is not going to get you through an argument with a scientist who isn't muslim. By dismissing the science you are essentially making yourself more vulnerable to those who may laugh at your faith as primitive. You are doing your faith a disservice and are becoming a poor representative of the logic and the reason that characterizes Islam. As for theories, the theory of evolution for instance, lets not make the same mistake as the Christians and dismiss them alltogether. Look at Islam to reinterpret the text in light of new observances in the world. Maybe you'll learn something new, for it is only after discovering the compatability of the Quran with science, that the beauty of the Quran is enhanced. If someone had not studied the development of the fetus in the body, or the solar system, or the expansion of the universe, the fact that they even correlate with the Quran would never have been known. Lets educate ourselves people so we can do the faith some justice.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
I give props to you True_Sultan, for posting this thread. It is always disappointing when muslims attempt to deny the legitimacy of science using the rhetoric of faith. For any faith to claim to be the truth it must be in accordance with what we see in the world. Otherwise it can be dismissed as magic. The beauty of Islam lies in the fact that it IS supported by science. The dismissal of science for faith is a weakness in the faith because it goes to show that your faith is not strong enough to face the opposition (if that is what you consider it) that science poses. "Allah knows best" is very true, but that is not going to get you through an argument with a scientist who isn't muslim. By dismissing the science you are essentially making yourself more vulnerable to those who may laugh at your faith as primitive. You are doing your faith a disservice and are becoming a poor representative of the logic and the reason that characterizes Islam. As for theories, the theory of evolution for instance, lets not make the same mistake as the Christians and dismiss them alltogether. Look at Islam to reinterpret the text in light of new observances in the world. Maybe you'll learn something new, for it is only after discovering the compatability of the Quran with science, that the beauty of the Quran is enhanced. If someone had not studied the development of the fetus in the body, or the solar system, or the expansion of the universe, the fact that they even correlate with the Quran would never have been known. Lets educate ourselves people so we can do the faith some justice.

I totally agree with you. Thats the reason why i believe in islam and its beauty and miracles...along with it giving birth to my aspiration but yeah :D :SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259::SMILY259::hearts::hearts::hearts:

a_stranger

I agree, but we should never judge the verses of Quran by the human efforts which are still developing ........ science can make us understand some verses better ......but we should be very carefull not to make human mind judge the absolute truth in Quran We should be very carefull and humble in this field , otherwise we may fall in grave errors . Those efforts need a very good knowelge in arabic and Islam , a humble pure heart and sharp intelligance only few may own.

shichemlydia

salam alikoum;
as far as i know, there are two physics classic physics which command the behaviour of objects like the motion of a car, the falling dow of objects so on, the commanding law is sum of forces = weight*acceleration. and the quantum one which deals with very small objects and the corresponding light and energy ossociated with that. the commanding law is energy=h*frequency.
personally i cannot see any mystery in this physic, it says that you cannot found the posistion and the speed of an object at the same time with the same accuracy.
and allah knows the best.
wa salam alikoum

True_Sultan

A logical believer

I agree, but we should never judge the verses of Quran by the human efforts which are still developing ........ science can make us understand some verses better ......but we should be very carefull not to make human mind judge the absolute truth in Quran We should be very carefull and humble in this field , otherwise we may fall in grave errors . Those efforts need a very good knowelge in arabic and Islam , a humble pure heart and sharp intelligance only few may own.

True...knowledge is power...power means resposibility...u must learn to use it :D

salam alikoum;
as far as i know, there are two physics classic physics which command the behaviour of objects like the motion of a car, the falling dow of objects so on, the commanding law is sum of forces = weight*acceleration. and the quantum one which deals with very small objects and the corresponding light and energy ossociated with that. the commanding law is energy=h*frequency.
personally i cannot see any mystery in this physic, it says that you cannot found the posistion and the speed of an object at the same time with the same accuracy.
and allah knows the best.
wa salam alikoum

yeah....and i don't think there is any mystery in it either...but theories are subjugated to change...so it may not be true :D

a_stranger

<<True...knowledge is power...power means resposibility...u must learn to use it >>

I like to add we need more that resposibility we need Taqwa in our hearts while handling such matters: Taqwa is a high state of heart, which keeps one conscious of Allah's presence and His Knowledge, and it motivates him to perform righteous deeds and avoid those, which are forbidden. (Copied)

Taqwa can be compared to walking through a narrow path with thorny bushes on both sides and a person passing through it tries his level best to save his clothes from being torn. The thorns are the sins and the clothes is one's Eeman. (Copied)

True_Sultan

A logical believer
<<True...knowledge is power...power means resposibility...u must learn to use it >>

I like to add we need more that resposibility we need Taqwa in our hearts while handling such matters: Taqwa is a high state of heart, which keeps one conscious of Allah's presence and His Knowledge, and it motivates him to perform righteous deeds and avoid those, which are forbidden. (Copied)

Taqwa can be compared to walking through a narrow path with thorny bushes on both sides and a person passing through it tries his level best to save his clothes from being torn. The thorns are the sins and the clothes is one's Eeman. (Copied)

Yes so true. I have to agree. SO have anyone here heard of Scientology? Its an act to combine Christianity and science. I wanted to do something along troughs line...but i need people with good Islamic background. Like i know how to read the quran and i can kind of translate it myself by reading it...like natural understanding of the type of Arabic in the quran (yet im not Arabic)..but i need people of both scientific and Islamic background. We can use this thread as a chat room type thing...so who's in?

ShyHijabi

Actually Scientology is not Christianity at all. And it does not combine any science either. It is a cult based off the writings of a science fiction writer by the name of L. Ron Hubbard. He stated that an evil alien overlord by the name of Zenu killed a bunch of other aliens by freezing them to death. He then dropped their corpses into volcanoes and the "Souls" or "Thetans" escaped but were recaptured with special machines in the sky where they were brainwashed into believing in religion and God.

He went on to say that we are inhabited by these thetans and have to get "cleansed" of their fears and bad mojo. So for a premium price of 100K they will "audit" them out using a primitive lie detector machine. How do I know this? Because I did a paper on cults in undergrad and Scientology was one of the most dangerous ones. Stay far away from anything that "religion" teaches, those are some seriously disturbed people and they've messed up a lot of lives.

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Actually Scientology is not Christianity at all. And it does not combine any science either. It is a cult based off the writings of a science fiction writer by the name of L. Ron Hubbard. He stated that an evil alien overlord by the name of Zenu killed a bunch of other aliens by freezing them to death. He then dropped their corpses into volcanoes and the "Souls" or "Thetans" escaped but were recaptured with special machines in the sky where they were brainwashed into believing in religion and God.

He went on to say that we are inhabited by these thetans and have to get "cleansed" of their fears and bad mojo. So for a premium price of 100K they will "audit" them out using a primitive lie detector machine. How do I know this? Because I did a paper on cults in undergrad and Scientology was one of the most dangerous ones. Stay far away from anything that "religion" teaches, those are some seriously disturbed people and they've messed up a lot of lives.

Oh really? hmm why is it considered a cult though sis?

Anyway i want to start a group who brings the truth of Islam and shows them using cutting edge science. I need people with good religious and scientific background =)

ShyHijabi

Why is it considred a cult? Well let's see:

1. Because the "beliefs" are based off the ideas of a science fiction writer and thus he started his "religion" in the 1950s.

2. This self proclaimed prophet used his own wife and church members to infiltrate the FBI and steal government files. His own wife was arrested and served time in federal prison and he later divorced her for her troubles.

3. Because he charge literally millions of dollars to his followers so they could buy their way up the "bridge of salvation."

4. Because he used systematic abuse and deprivation on his followers for often arbitrary rules, this included locking children up in the chain lockers of ships and depriving them of food and water.

5. Because he denounced any psychology and psychiatry as evil yet basically created almost the same form of counselling "auditing" but charged millions of dollars for it. When he died the autopsy showed psych drugs in his system, so he was quite the hypocrite to boot.

6. He ordered a policy of disconnection of parents from child, siblings, etc., if the family members would not join scientology.

7. And last but not least, if his members didn't obey his every whim he would have them "declared an enemy of scientology" and at that point the members could do anything from shunning, beating and even killing said person. He released a memo and called this action "Fair Game"

If you are still confused as to why it's a cult I suggest you look up the definition of "cult" and it will become apparent. I find scientology to be evil and disgusting, and I can see why certain countries have banned it.

arzafar

btw what is the latest theory on electron diffraction?
probability wave is stupid idea.
electron diffraction implies that there is one electron passing through two slits at the same time? can i know how?

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Why is it considred a cult? Well let's see:

1. Because the "beliefs" are based off the ideas of a science fiction writer and thus he started his "religion" in the 1950s.

2. This self proclaimed prophet used his own wife and church members to infiltrate the FBI and steal government files. His own wife was arrested and served time in federal prison and he later divorced her for her troubles.

3. Because he charge literally millions of dollars to his followers so they could buy their way up the "bridge of salvation."

4. Because he used systematic abuse and deprivation on his followers for often arbitrary rules, this included locking children up in the chain lockers of ships and depriving them of food and water.

5. Because he denounced any psychology and psychiatry as evil yet basically created almost the same form of counselling "auditing" but charged millions of dollars for it. When he died the autopsy showed psych drugs in his system, so he was quite the hypocrite to boot.

6. He ordered a policy of disconnection of parents from child, siblings, etc., if the family members would not join scientology.

7. And last but not least, if his members didn't obey his every whim he would have them "declared an enemy of scientology" and at that point the members could do anything from shunning, beating and even killing said person. He released a memo and called this action "Fair Game"

If you are still confused as to why it's a cult I suggest you look up the definition of "cult" and it will become apparent. I find scientology to be evil and disgusting, and I can see why certain countries have banned it.

Astagfrullah :salah:

Who the hell would want to follow that? :S

btw what is the latest theory on electron diffraction?
probability wave is stupid idea.
electron diffraction implies that there is one electron passing through two slits at the same time? can i know how?

Umm probability wave is not a stupid idea. You can know where and what the particle momentum are. So a electron can pass through two slits...because it is also a wave. I mean why not. This is the bases of everything at a subatomic level. It keeps things in balance. Do not quote me in this but like it makes sense..and it isn't contradicting the truth (Allah and Islam) in anyway. :hearts:

arzafar

tbh i think QM is load of tosh.
I mean first light is particles (newton)
then light is waves and then its wave + particle (photons)
electron is particle but it undergoes diffraction and even interference as long as you dont observe which slit it enters. so electron wave + particle.
In fact all mass (and possibly everything since E=mc^2) is wave-particle but the wavelength is too short for most masses (de broglie wavelength = h/mv).

i have another short and direct explanation for all this.
there is no such thing as wave, particle, electron, photon and whatever. All of this is a construct of the human mind - theory built around observation, labels to describe characteristics/definitions. so tbh theoretical physics is tosh. now if physics, the easiest of all physical sciences (chem, bio and biochem) is tosh, that pretty much means all theoretical sciences are tosh too.

QM is funny because nobody seems to know exactly what it is. There is currently no universally accepted definition for QM. It reminds me of the famous words from Imam shaafai in which he mentions that there are only two types of knowledge worth acquiring.
1) fiqh - so that a human knows how to worship Allah correctly
2) medicine - so that a human can cure diseases and continue worshiping Allah.
all other types of knowledge, ultimately have zero value to human being.

Conclusion:
finally such tosh and other constructs of the human mind have no place in islaam.

disclaimer: i apologize if you are hurt but i was just fed up of all your silly threads and today i decided to share a piece of my mind. I hope you wont mind.