Quantum Mechanics

True_Sultan

A logical believer
tbh i think QM is load of tosh.
I mean first light is particles (newton)
then light is waves and then its wave + particle (photons)
electron is particle but it undergoes diffraction and even interference as long as you dont observe which slit it enters. so electron wave + particle.
In fact all mass (and possibly everything since E=mc^2) is wave-particle but the wavelength is too short for most masses (de broglie wavelength = h/mv).

i have another short and direct explanation for all this.
there is no such thing as wave, particle, electron, photon and whatever. All of this is a construct of the human mind - theory built around observation, labels to describe characteristics/definitions. so tbh theoretical physics is tosh. now if physics, the easiest of all physical sciences (chem, bio and biochem) is tosh, that pretty much means all theoretical sciences are tosh too.

QM is funny because nobody seems to know exactly what it is. There is currently no universally accepted definition for QM. It reminds me of the famous words from Imam shaafai in which he mentions that there are only two types of knowledge worth acquiring.
1) fiqh - so that a human knows how to worship Allah correctly
2) medicine - so that a human can cure diseases and continue worshiping Allah.
all other types of knowledge, ultimately have zero value to human being.

Conclusion:
finally such tosh and other constructs of the human mind have no place in islaam.

disclaimer: i apologize if you are hurt but i was just fed up of all your silly threads and today i decided to share a piece of my mind. I hope you wont mind.

I'm not hurt. I agree with you in one way that they fully haven't proven QM. I agree..but I want to prove it, but as you see the basic QM principle (i.e Photoelectric effect) help society in so many ways (i.e. Automated Doors, Security Systems etc.) Also the law of an particle being in two places then one is soon gonna be used in nanotechnology. A theory that some consider to be posh is helping society. Yes I agree the QM is a paradox, but didn't the quran state that this world is but a test? It is temporary. So flat out..what Allah did to create this world we will never know...but some of the building blocks if u will is what were trying to study..we will never get beyond that, maybe we will...but a particle being non-existence but existent is possible, As Quran says that Allah is the lord of the worlds...so there could be many worlds...and it could have many instances...like i can say the particle is at point A but in a different world the same particle could be at point B. Note these points are just made up points for the sake of explanation. So QM paradox kind of points that out. I know that its still a theory and it could be proven wrong...but what it says now has nothing wrong in it. So scientist are trying to prove or disprove QM and bring GR with QM. I want to find it..so yeah :)

Along with that I want to find the ghayb (the one that could be found)..but anyway..I'm not mad..just trying to understand =D :D

lol you took my words..

:lol: Sorry Abu Talib that your late hahah:SMILY259:

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Hey, wait a min

Salaam,

I have wondered, how is the whole theories of the Higgs Boson and other subatomic particles, dark matter/energy, graviton and the experiments of the High-Energy Physics taken in the Islamic community? Are the possibilities shunned by the Islamic community? or supported? :SMILY259:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2 wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:)
i don't see why should they be shunnedthey are thoeries!!some proven,some unproven!!there is no way science can prove something that is UNKNOWN to ALLAH the KNOWER of everything.they are treated as theories which could be wrong or right with equal probabilities!!

True_Sultan

A logical believer
:salam2 wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:)
i don't see why should they be shunnedthey are thoeries!!some proven,some unproven!!there is no way science can prove something that is UNKNOWN to ALLAH the KNOWER of everything.they are treated as theories which could be wrong or right with equal probabilities!!

wait...why are you contradicting yourself? Was it in purpose, and how are these theories wrong? huh im confused :confused::SMILY286:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
wait...why are you contradicting yourself? Was it in purpose, and how are these theories wrong? huh im confused :confused::SMILY286:

Ahem!!i wan't consious of contradicting myself.............THEORY!! my brother not a LAW!!!............in science always has equal chances to go either way by futhur studies!!EXPERIMENTS can prove a theory wrong or right!!!

HIggs boson theory and his running ants concept is not proven yet....so it's a theory!!---the LHC is an experiment carried out to see the truth of this theory and others!!(you know abut that better then i do:))

so yeah we treate them as theories.....coz it is!!!nothing more nothing less!!!

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Ahem!!i wan't consious of contradicting myself.............THEORY!! my brother not a LAW!!!............in science always has equal chances to go either way by futhur studies!!EXPERIMENTS can prove a theory wrong or right!!!

HIggs boson theory and his running ants concept is not proven yet....so it's a theory!!---the LHC is an experiment carried out to see the truth of this theory and others!!(you know abut that better then i do:))

so yeah we treate them as theories.....coz it is!!!nothing more nothing less!!!

You made more sense in this post then your last :lol:

.................................................. :lol:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
actually your senses worked only when you were told the very same thing twice:).........i'm happy yoou got my point anywayz.

btw akhi you ought to say salam to your brothers and sister when replyin atleast in the first reply

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:)

True_Sultan

A logical believer
actually your senses worked only when you were told the very same thing twice:).........i'm happy yoou got my point anywayz.

btw akhi you ought to say salam to your brothers and sister when replyin atleast in the first reply

:wasalam:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu:)

Salam,

Im sorry for not saying Salam, but re-read what u post:

there is no way science can prove something that is UNKNOWN to ALLAH the KNOWER of everything.

that sounds like a contradiction... well not so, as how is science trying to prove something Unknown to Allah the owner of the Ghayb and the Beyond?

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Salam,

Im sorry for not saying Salam, but re-read what u post:

that sounds like a contradiction... well not so, as how is science trying to prove something Unknown to Allah the owner of the Ghayb and the Beyond?

science isn't trying to prove anything:)by that i mean we can't say science is kuffur in any context because it is only discovering the knowledge ALLAH has hidden from us temporaryily/permanently...........like we humans can't say we did somthing new coz we didn't we only found out what we had around us in new light!!!so i don't see why we should have problem with any of this old and ancient yet newly found knowledge uncovered by science with help of ALLAH and HIS will...........so yeah we treate scientific knowledge as knowledge known to ALLAH all along and HE shows us glimpse into that vast lnowledge ocean time and again when we work hard and do researches etc etc....

a_stranger

Of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)"

17:85 translation ofthe meanings of Quran

True_Sultan

A logical believer
science isn't trying to prove anything:)by that i mean we can't say science is kuffur in any context because it is only discovering the knowledge ALLAH has hidden from us temporaryily/permanently...........like we humans can't say we did somthing new coz we didn't we only found out what we had around us in new light!!!so i don't see why we should have problem with any of this old and ancient yet newly found knowledge uncovered by science with help of ALLAH and HIS will...........so yeah we treate scientific knowledge as knowledge known to ALLAH all along and HE shows us glimpse into that vast lnowledge ocean time and again when we work hard and do researches etc etc....

Of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)"

17:85 translation ofthe meanings of Quran

:salam2:wa rahamtullahi wa barakauhu:)

jazakallah khairan for this ayah i've been searching for it for sometime now!!!

Salam,

I agree....we are only a finite being...Yeah i know what you mean sis. Well it also makes sense as that we didn't discover this because it was there when the universe began too ;)

True_Sultan

A logical believer
Ahh now read this =)

Brothers and Sisters, I have great news =)

I got accepted into Aerospace Engineering. Now i can do the research possible as well =)

Also is it wrong to say this:

Is that if Allah is greatest of the Unseen then the keys are the same. As the keys are only belonging to Allah. I also wanted to say that if the keys to the ghayb are Allah's unseen treasure and only belong to him, couldn't they be beyond the realm of creation? Like couldn't they be infinite?

is there?

Also brother's and sisters I read this article:

http://en.islamtoday.net/artshow-266-3150.htm

Its an amazing article. I agree we weren't meant to know all of the unseen, and the unseen is infinite and keys to the unseen belong to Allah and also it belongs to him and Allah is also the greatest unseen with the keys and it belongs to him...so it makes amazing sense. It also never specified that the 5 items in surat luqman are the only things ghayb...I like this article. So is this authentic? Also if Allah is the greatest of the unseen, then wouldn't the keys to the unseen be different from the unseen? because we will meet our lord on the day of the Resurrection, so we will see the greatest of the unseen!!!!!! yet the keys might not be revealed unless God wills, but we won't know as it might be infinite...So couldn't all the keys only be with Allah and it has been with Allah infinitely...even before creation..infinite and beyond like him? Just a thought, but I mean the article also says the unseen was shown to some handful of people including the prophets, so parts of the unseen can be shown. Also what about the ilm-e-kitab? The book of knowledge? Do we have any info on that? Apparently it has the laws of the governing universe..its like the keys to the universe....apparently Asaf used it to bring the throne in a twinkle of an eye to Solomon.

Anyway what do you think about the whole moving an object by the twinkle of eye in terms of certain scientific theory. In one sense by the twinkle of an eye is meaning by the speed of light correct? So by GR its impossible to reach the speed of light. So could'nt the keys to the universe allow you to expand and compress spacetime to do that. If thats the case, then to expand and compress one must utilize the 11th dimension. Anyone hinting the string theory? So then if thats the case the string theory is true. The truth has proven it. So wouldn't that also make QM right? hmm :SMILY259:

So please read my post carefully brothers and sisters and reply =)

Jakkaz Allah Khair for all your help, reply and opinion =) :hearts: :muslim_child:

True_Sultan

A logical believer
I wonder if I'm just blabering to myself these days..hmm I wonder :lol:

I was just wondering what I said above is okay to say? if not why so? :p

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
sobhanallah!!akhi i see you get irritated if your post sare not answered!!!firstly congratulations on your achievment:)!!mashallah brother you are goin so far so good!!

secondly i didn't read the rest of it so i can't say nothing about it!!

silence from ppl doesn't mean you've wronged them!!

:wasalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!!

Aisha. joyo

~ALLAH 0 AKBAR~
Is dis abt Science i gotta run :p coz am not good at answering these Questions :lol: Also am not good at electrons, nuetrons, and protons.

I see alot people are answering brother Sultan's questions

True_Sultan

A logical believer
sister it's cz akhi gets a lil cranky if his family is silent for a while:D!!!

Salam,

YES.....OMG your right on the dot...I do get cracnky..like i've been rejected =) So sister please read the post :D

and Sister Aisha, well you can learn about them soon too :)

Also jakkaz Allah Khair for your congratulation wishes :D