Quotations from Qur'an 5-9

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Who was quoted in the Quran saying the following and under what circumstances?

35. "Did we not raise you among us since you were a baby and you lived with us many years of your life?"

36. "My dear son, ride with us!"

37. "My dear father, hire him!"

38. "Let me be in charge of the treasury!"

39. "Can your Lord send down on us a smörgåsbord from heaven?"

40. "I believe that there is no god but whom the children of Israel believe in and I am one of the Muslims." Hint: It was too late for him.

I think it's enough waiting. :)

35- The Pharaoh to prophet Moses when he asked him to let him go out with Bani Isra'el.

36-Prophet Noah to his son who refused to believe with his father and embark the ark.

37- that is one of the two sisters who encountered Prophet Moses at Madian's well. She was impressed by Moses, strength and modesty and asked her father, Shoa'b to heir him. She had sharp insight.

38- That's prophet Joseph to the king of Egypt. when Joseph told him his story and his innocence was proved, the king wanted him to be his consultant.

39- I think that was the disciples to prophet Jesus. I'm not sure of this.

40-Again that was the Pharaoh when he was about to drown in the sea that was split into two parts when moses hit it with his staff. Allah saved his dead body to be example for those who come after him.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Yeah, that's pretty fair, brother.

Who was quoted in the Quran saying the following?

41- " And when their eyes are turned towards the inhabitants of the Fire, they shall say," Our Lord, don't make us join these wrongdoers."

42- " I didn't say to them anything other than that what You commanded me to say......."

43- " My LORD! I have solemnly pledged to You what is in my womb as a consecrated gift......."

44- " They said," We have been hurt before you came to us and after you came to us,"

45- " Surely this is a plot you have conspired in the city so that you may expel its people from it..."

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Yeah, that's pretty fair, brother.

41- " And when their eyes are turned towards the inhabitants of the Fire, they shall say," Our Lord, don't make us join these wrongdoers."

42- " I didn't say to them anything other than that what You commanded me to say......."

43- " My LORD! I have solemnly pledged to You what is in my womb as a consecrated gift......."

44- " They said," We have been hurt before you came to us and after you came to us,"

45- " Surely this is a plot you have conspired in the city so that you may expel its people from it..."

41. Ashaab-ul-aa'raaf ( People on the Heights )

42. Isa ibn-e-Maryam (AS) answering to Allah SWT on the day of judgement.

43. Mother of Maryam (salamun alaiha) when she asked Allah SWT for a child.

44. Bani Israel to Musa (AS)

45. Firaun to the magicians when they prostrated and accepted Allah SWT as their Lord.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

:salam2:
I donno if its fair for me to post my questions withot seeking permission from my fellow members but still I'll post them ...:SMILY149:

46. "Would you exchange that which is higher for that which is lower?"

47. "....to Him belongs what is before us and what is behind us and what is between...."

48. "Allah will test you at the stream ..."

49. "We shall see whether you speak the truth or you are (one) of the liars."

50. "..... indeed the more honourable will expel therefrom the meaner"

farhopes

No God but Allah
41. Ashaab-ul-aa'raaf ( People on the Heights )

42. Isa ibn-e-Maryam (AS) answering to Allah SWT on the day of judgement.

43. Mother of Maryam (salamun alaiha) when she asked Allah SWT for a child.

44. Bani Israel to Musa (AS)

45. Firaun to the magicians when they prostrated and accepted Allah SWT as their Lord.

Right answer :ma:

Of course you have all the right to post your own quotations.

Anyway I had the intention to ask you doing that. :)

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Who was quoted in the Quran saying the following and under what circumstances?

46. "This dark cloud is going to rain on us." Hint: It didn't.
47. "We have just heard a wonderful recitation. It leads to guidance."
48. "I wish between us there were the distance between the two sun rises!"
49. "Woe unto us! Who raised us from this our lying down?"
50. "Lord, do not leave on earth of the disbelievers a single dweller!"

46. People of A'ad, when they asked for rains and Allah send punishment to them in form of a cloud.

47. A group of Jinns when they heard Rasul-Allah SAW reciting the Quran.

49. People of graves, when the trumphet will be blown and they will be called to be gathered for the judgement.

50. Nuh (AS) prayed to Allah SWT after 950 years of calling his people towards Allah SWT. He was so fed up with their evil deeds that he went on to say,

"If You leave them, they will mislead Your slaves, and they will beget none but wicked disbelievers."

P.S. I donno the answer to No. 48

P.P.S. I posted my questions also but I think brother Ayman didnt realise..... should I change their numbers and post them again ???

farhopes

No God but Allah
P.P.S. I posted my questions also but I think brother Ayman didnt realise..... should I change their numbers and post them again ???

Yes, I'm sure brother Ayman didn't see your quotations, he didn't expect that LOL.
Anyway, you can change their numbers and post them again, but after he replies to the answers of his questions.

That is the rule of our game; no new Quotations till the previous ones are answered and are corrected by the one who asked them.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

That is the rule of our game; no new Quotations till the previous ones are answered and are corrected by the one who asked them.
Ok, I will abide by the rules and yea I have left one of the questions unanswered so you can have a share too ......( lol, I dont know the answer to be honest )
I hope I have answered the questions correctly and I will repost my questions after brother Ayman confirms the answers and you or someone else answers question 48, inshaAllah
Ma'assalaam

farhopes

No God but Allah
48. "I wish between us there were the distance between the two sun rises!"

I think this will be said by those who are misled to their devil( Qareen) in the Hereafter.
وَمَن يَعْشُ عَن ذِكْرِ الرَّحْمَنِ نُقَيِّضْ لَهُ شَيْطَانًا فَهُوَ لَهُ قَرِينٌ

37 وَإِنَّهُمْ لَيَصُدُّونَهُمْ عَنِ السَّبِيلِ وَيَحْسَبُونَ أَنَّهُم مُّهْتَدُونَ

38 حَتَّى إِذَا جَاءَنَا قَالَ يَا لَيْتَ بَيْنِي وَبَيْنَكَ بُعْدَ الْمَشْرِقَيْنِ فَبِئْسَ الْقَرِينُ

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Jazak-allahu kahiran brother Ayman for the clarification. I have renumbered my questions.

51. "Would you exchange that which is higher for that which is lower?"

52. "....to Him belongs what is before us and what is behind us and what is between...."

53. "Allah will test you at the stream ..."

54. "We shall see whether you speak the truth or you are (one) of the liars."

55. "..... indeed the more honourable will expel therefrom the meaner"

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

51. Moses to the Children of Israel when they asked him for food that is different from what they were getting for free! (2:61)
52. The angels as they explain when they come down (19:64)
53. Taloot (Saul) to the Jews on their way to battle Goliath. (2:249)
54. Solomon to the hoopoe bird after it told him about Sheeba. (27:27)
55. Abdullah ibn Ubayy ibn Salool, the head of the hypocrites of Medina to his friends at the battle of Tabook. (63:8)
:mashallah: You got them right, 5 outa 5. We will be waiting for the new quatations from you brother, inshaAllah

farhopes

No God but Allah
Some of your quotations are tough for me this time, brother. However, I'll try.

56- I think this is the disbelieving man mentioned in Surat Al KAHF. There is another one mentioned in Surat Al- Balad : " He may say (boastfully); Wealth have I squandered in abundance! " Idon't really know to whom does this verse refer.

57- The hypocrites of Al- Madina during one of the prophet's battles. I'm sorry, I don't remember which one! I'm not good at remembering names .

58- Bani Israel to prophet Moses when they fled to Sinai.

59- Sure that is a prophet, LOL!!, but, I don't remember which one, maybe, prophet Muhammed peace be upon him.

70- That's prophet Abraham and the town is Makkah.

80- That is prophet Solomon. Do you know the explanation of the next verse in which he ordered the horses to be coming back to him. Had he really killed them all??? Sheikh Sharawy sees something else. Have you got any idea because each time I read those verses I feel so sorry for the horses.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

59. I think it has been said by two Prophets namely,

Nuh (AS) in Surah Hud and

Mohammad SAW in Surah Al-An'aam ( Its been ordered to him to say so )

وَلَآ أَقُولُ لَكُمۡ عِندِى خَزَآٮِٕنُ ٱللَّهِ وَلَآ أَعۡلَمُ ٱلۡغَيۡبَ وَلَآ أَقُولُ إِنِّى مَلَكٌ۬

And

قُل لَّآ أَقُولُ لَكُمۡ عِندِى خَزَآٮِٕنُ ٱللَّهِ وَلَآ أَعۡلَمُ ٱلۡغَيۡبَ وَلَآ أَقُولُ لَكُمۡ إِنِّى مَلَكٌ

P.S. How do I remember both? ........ because I had a hard time memorising them .... lol ( My Ustaz was really so kind to me .... :SMILY29: )

farhopes

No God but Allah

59. I think it has been said by two Prophets namely,

Nuh (AS) in Surah Hud and

Mohammad SAW in Surah Al-An'aam ( Its been ordered to him to say so )

وَلَآ أَقُولُ لَكُمۡ عِندِى خَزَآٮِٕنُ ٱللَّهِ وَلَآ أَعۡلَمُ ٱلۡغَيۡبَ وَلَآ أَقُولُ إِنِّى مَلَكٌ۬

And

قُل لَّآ أَقُولُ لَكُمۡ عِندِى خَزَآٮِٕنُ ٱللَّهِ وَلَآ أَعۡلَمُ ٱلۡغَيۡبَ وَلَآ أَقُولُ لَكُمۡ إِنِّى مَلَكٌ

P.S. How do I remember both? ........ because I had a hard time memorising them .... lol ( My Ustaz was really so kind to me .... :SMILY29: )

LOL !!!! that's funny, brother. Sure we never forget " kind teachers". However, his "kindness" brought forth something very good for you; your memorizing of the Holy Qur'an so, you should be grateful.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Its really true, I really am honoured and I really count myself amongst the lucky ones cuz I still get to offer my Salaah five times a day behind my Ustaz. Its been 14 years now but still in Ramadan he returns to same 'ol Ustaz, though I am 27 now ..... lol
LOL !!!! that's funny, brother. Sure we never forget " kind teachers". However, his "kindness" brought forth something very good for you; your memorizing of the Holy Qur'an so, you should be grateful.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

62- " I have nothing to do with you, I see that which you can not see, I am afraid of God, and God is severe in punishment."

63- " Be not distressed, indeed God is with us."

64- " God forbid! This cannot be a human......."

65-" We shall kill their sons and spare their women....."

66- Yet, I don't claim myself to be innocent, indeed the baser self incites to evil......"

farhopes

No God but Allah
Right answers, brother, as usual :ma:

P.S Sorry for the mixed numbering of the questions, I typed them before having my breakfast ......lol. I think they are ok now.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

66. "Yet, I don't claim myself to be innocent, indeed the baser self incites to evil......"

I think it was said by Yusuf (AS). I looked for opinions about this verse and found that Ibn-Kathir (RA) says it was Zulaykha who said this but in another Tafseer which was based on the Tafseer of Ibn-Abbas (RA) says it was Yusuf (AS).

farhopes

No God but Allah

I think it was said by Yusuf (AS). I looked for opinions about this verse and found that Ibn-Kathir (RA) says it was Zulaykha who said this but in another Tafseer which was based on the Tafseer of Ibn-Abbas (RA) says it was Yusuf (AS).

Thank you, brother Mohsen for this addition. However, I think the most common interpretation thinks it was Zulaykha who said that because Joseph didn't do anything wrong with her, he was completely innocent from the very beginning.

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

Beautiful ones, brother :)

May Allah grant us with more participants, Surely, He has all power over everything. :tti_sister: :)