Quotations from Qur'an 5-9

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Who was quoted in the Quran saying the following?

68. "Am I not better than this lowly, inarticulate man?"

69. "Keep your wife and be conscious of God."

68. Pharaoh to his people

69. Muhammad :saw: to Zaid bin Hârithah Radhiallahu'anhu

farhopes

No God but Allah
67. "I have more money and stronger staff than you!"

I think this is the disbelieving man mentioned in Surat Al-Kahf (the Cave) whom Allah grantd him two fruitful gardens and caused a river to flow through them.

Yet, his richness and arrogance made him think the Hour won't be coming. He was saying that to his believing fellow conversing with him. As a result of his ungratfulness, Allah destroyed his gardens and made him taste the bitterness of loss and regret.
May Allah protect us from ignorance and arrogance.

farhopes

No God but Allah
70. "Lord, build for me with You a house in Paradise!"

This is certainly the beautiful and honorable lady, Asia, the wife of Pharaoh. She is one of the most honorable ladies of the Paradise.

Every time I read this verse, it touches me a lot and I wonder how strong and deep her faith was to ask Allah to build for her a house in the Paradise! :ma:

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

71-" Did I not say to you that I know from God that which you do not know"

72-" Whatever sign you bring to us to enchant us, we will not believe in you."

73- " And do not sit in every path, threating and hindering from the Way of God those who believe in Him, and desiring to make it crooked......."

74- " Most sure, we regard you of unsound mind and we think you are a liar."

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
75-80

75. "Wait for us! let us borrow (a light) from your Light!"

76. "If you are expelled, We too will go out with you and we will never hearken to anyone in your affair"

77. "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!"

78. "Follow our path, and we will bear (the consequences) of your faults."

79. "Verily you shall abide forever."

80. "I will pray for forgiveness for you, though I have no power (to get) aught on your behalf from Allah."

Jihan

57:75. the hypocrites will say to believers on the day of judgement.

One Day will the Hypocrites- men and women - say to the Believers: "Wait for us! Let us borrow (a Light) from your Light!" It will be said: "Turn ye back to your rear! then seek a Light (where ye can)!" So a wall will be put up betwixt them, with a gate therein. Within it will be Mercy throughout, and without it, all alongside, will be (Wrath and) Punishment!

79. the keeper of hell will say to dwellers of the fire.

43:77. And they will cry: "O Malik (Keeper of Hell)! Let your Lord make an end of us." He will say: "Verily you shall abide forever."

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Masha-Allah

:salam2:

:mashallah: You both got the answers correct and I am happy to know that we have another participant, finally.

If brother Ayman and sister Amani allow me, I would like to ask sister Jihan to ask the questions next.

farhopes

No God but Allah

If brother Ayman and sister Amany allow me, I would like to ask sister Jihan to ask the questions next.

It seems like a trap to get her leg in :) Good idea!

Of course, I agree, if she doesn't mind! hoping it will work and we have sister Jihan as a regular contribution.

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wabrakatuhu
I am totally speechless, dont know what to say...Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar
You 3 are the best gems out here. Subhan Allah. Everybody is talking this and that, but you are keeping it to the basics so much. THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE QURAN. :ma:
I am getting so much of knowledge as I am reading only these posts now.
Quran Quizes and these Quotations. SUbhan Allah
I feel so peace at mind. Insha Allah I will participate when I think I am ready but now lemme finish reading all of your posts which are marvellous.
May Allah help us in spreading the knowledge of our Deen
wa/salam

farhopes

No God but Allah
Assalamo alikom

As salamu alaykum wa rahmatullah wabrakatuhu
I am totally speechless, dont know what to say...Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar Allahu Akbar
You 3 are the best gems out here. Subhan Allah. Everybody is talking this and that, but you are keeping it to the basics so much. THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE QURAN. :ma:
I am getting so much of knowledge as I am reading only these posts now.
Quran Quizes and these Quotations. SUbhan Allah
I feel so peace at mind. Insha Allah I will participate when I think I am ready but now lemme finish reading all of your posts which are marvellous.
May Allah help us in spreading the knowledge of our Deen
wa/salam

Dear brother, Hussain. Your comment gave me great happiness. I had a feeling that no one is interested in this thread except very few. Alhamdu lillah, you encourage us to go on. You are very welcomed here. :SMILY206:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Hey Sis, I aint NO ONE but I am still interested in this thread .... lol :SMILY149:
Dear brother, Hussain. Your comment gave me great happiness. I had a feeling that no one is interested in this thread except very few. Alhamdu lillah, you encourage us to go on. You are very welcomed here. :SMILY206:

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

First of all I'd like to tell bro Ayman that I have corrected my mistake so now he can use 81 instead of 80 :) and I am going to answer accordingly.

81. Bani Israel to Musa (AS)

83. Salih (AS) to his people Thamud about the she-camel that they asked for as a miracle.

84. Sarah (RA), the wife of Ibrahim (AS), when she was given the glad tidings of Ishaaq (AS) by the angels who visited Ibrahim (AS) before the destrucction of Sodom and Gomorrah .

85. Musa (AS) to his boy servant while he went looking for Khidr.

86. People of Hell, when they will be asked by Allah SWT that how long did they live.

Really the next ayat is an eye opener,

He (Allâh) will say: "What number of years did you stay on earth?" (112) They will say: "We stayed a day or part of a day. Ask of those who keep account." (113)He (Allâh) will say: "You stayed not but a little, if you had only known! (114) "Did you think that We had created you in play (without any purpose), and that you would not be brought back to Us?" (115)

P.S. I am leaving # 82 for Sister Amani

hussain.mahammed

a lonely traveller
Allahu Akbar...I have found the answer to Q 82. I am taking my chance brother Mohsin, Sorry to sister Amany. This is my first answer.

Surah/Chapter 006 - Al-An'âm. Verse 128.

In the day when He will gather them together (He will say): O ye assembly of the jinn! Many of humankind did ye seduce. And their adherents among humankind will say: Our Lord! We enjoyed one another, but now we have arrived at the appointed term which You appointed for us. He will say: Fire is your home. Abide therein for ever, save him whom Allah willeth (to deliver). Lo! thy Lord is Wise, Aware.

I hope its correct Brother Mohsin

wa/salam

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
According to me your answer is correct but its brother Ayman's job to certify that since he asked the questions. Once he certifies it you too can ask.
I am really happy to have you here as a contributor :)
Allahu Akbar...I have found the answer to Q 82. I am taking my chance brother Mohsin, Sorry to sister Amany. This is my first answer
Surah/Chapter 006 - Al-An'âm. Verse 128.

In the day when He will gather them together (He will say): O ye assembly of the jinn! Many of humankind did ye seduce. And their adherents among humankind will say: Our Lord! We enjoyed one another, but now we have arrived at the appointed term which You appointed for us. He will say: Fire is your home. Abide therein for ever, save him whom Allah willeth (to deliver). Lo! thy Lord is Wise, Aware.

I hope its correct Brother Mohsin

wa/salam