Racial discrimination in Qatar

Status
Not open for further replies.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister Alf, honey...every masjid I have attended they ask me what I am. Although my parents are the Indian immigrants who helped build Pakistan. I have lived everywhere and must look different as the immigrant Pakistani community in the US is quite strange towards me...sometimes I feel I must reek as to the responses I receive...

This thread is about the culture of ignorance that Islam has fought since its inception. And ignorance seems to wish to stay in Islam.

Where I am, all of our Muslims are either Pakistani or African-American. I'm sure there are Arab Muslims in Atlanta...but I'm in Metro and have only ever met 1 Arab Muslim (family friend from Egypt)

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
This is the country to host the 2022 World Cup. Once a week on "Family Day", malls across Qatar are only open to certain people. Undercover Jim investigates.

[yt]VluY5SWfjSI[/yt]

Btw, there are two Asian non Arab men exiting the mall at around 2:25.

Also, I gathered from a forum on living in Qatar that white European men were also refused entry on family day as well by some security staff. (google 'Qatar living Friday mall'). The mall authorities consider poor bachelor men from the Indian subcontinent (mostly laborers) to be potential problem makers for women shoppers as they stare women around at the mall (lol!) They are therefore barred from entering the mall on fridays as women prefer shopping on Friday.

Btw the folks on Qatarliving (it's a forum) feel that the mall is racist against white skinned people. How ironic !

Just wanted to share what I read about the topic. Undercover Jim would have rather have wanted to expose the poor living conditions of laborers in Qatar and other Arab countries. It is really shocking and disturbing..

Wasalaamalaykum

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum warahmatu-llah

Let me clear this please

01, I was born In Qatar and raised up their upto my 16 years of my life from birth.
02, of my entire life there, and as my father lived there for long ago, we have never faced a single racism incident alhamdu li Allah, Moreover they use to respect when they come toknow we are Muslims too, alhamdu li Allah
03, when i was there, this wasnt built then, but my relative has already visited there with his family, so families are allowed, even if they are from any part of globe.

04. it is kinda awkward that they let the English ppl inside, but not the other bachelors:
possible cause:
a. they sell expensive things, those only arabs and west ppl can buy.

b. they tried to keep a healthier environment for ladies-families, so that bachelors dont make any prob. I know still west entrance is ( even if bachelors come).......awkward!

c. ppl, who are worker, they actually go there for surfing and just to look and stare at ladies, believe me I was there, I know, coz as they dont practise Islam even some of them are Muslims, yet many good Muslim workers dont even go this type of place just to roam around.

d. i think we should not go further, may Allah forgive us

racism is everywhere, why we hold any issue from arab with so interest?but anyways, may Allah save our brothers in faith to be just

but we are doing backbiting, may be something more graver than what they r doing!

anyways, may Allah forgive us and specially me if I have said something wrong

and Allah knows the best
wa alaikum salam

faaraa

Nothing but Muslimah
:salam2:

Hm... the thread goes so long... lol

Just wanted to remind you all, that no one cursed the Arabs....
exposing the anger does never refer to the term "CURSE"...

We have to think wisely and Islamically... and stand out for Justice even it is against our own selves....

just a reminder...

Take care every one!!

dna1987

Muslim Guy
As-salaamu `alaykum

Wow... We have countless Islamic discussions on an Islamic forum which receive so few replies that you can count them on a hand. Then when a subject like this pops up, it becomes the most read/replied to thread of the sub-forum.

Walaikum Assalam,

That's a good observation. I'd say that this indicates that racism is a big issue then in the Muslim world and communities.

I do agree that this is one of my main 'issues' with the Gulf and why I might not want to live there. However, racism exists everywhere, and lets not forget for example how in the Indian sub-continent, people discriminate each other based on mere castes, let alone races... May Allaah guide the ummah to what is good.
Sister alf2 has also mentioned that racism exists everywhere. I agree with both of you. But given the choice to live in a country where the people are racist but the government/rulers aren't, as opposed to one that allows it, I'd pick the first one.

I'm sure I can find racist people in Australia that would like segregate people like they are doing in the video above. But fortunately, the government here will not allow anyone to be treated in such a manner, as if they are an inferior human being. There's some form of justice.

Assalam alaikum.

Ahsen

I don't know about you all but when i see arabs i thank Allah that i was not born in an arab family or even having an arab background.I am not being racist or something,just being thankful.

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamu 'alaikum
Yes the prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam did make dua for destroying some people as you have mentioned.

He sallallahu alehi wasallam also choose not not make dua for destroying when he was hit so badly and his companions asked him to make supplication to destroy those people hit him sallallahu alehi wasallam. All he sallallahu alehi wasallam did was make supplication so that Allah forgives them and give hidayah to them (correct me if am wrong.I don't have reference but it is in my mind).

I was a victim of racial descrimination and I know better how it is like to be the victim. I was descriminated because I wasn't a Muslim. (Something for you to think about.) It has nothing to do with Arab race or any other race. So please stop talking bad about other races.

The answer is simple. People choose not to follow the quran and Sunnah.

Now stop talking and do more action if you can. How many of you willing to gather together and kick out your unislamic rulers? Any plans so far?

I only see many talking going on but I don't see any serious plan or action.

Allah knows the best
As salamu 'alaikum

Ibn Uthaymin

Nothing to worry about? I am white.

I have been told by an "Ultra White Muslim" when she and her husband went to Hajj, they had to PROVE they were Muslim. They had to have papers from their Imam saying they are not frauds. Do Pakistanis need papers? Do Africans need papers?

I have met people who dont even believe I am a Muslim. Even though I say my Shahaddah hoping they will believe me, they dont. They do not return my salaams because they think I am a mole or something.

I feel screwed because Christians, my own family, thinks I am less than a dog. Yet I have met Sisters and Brothers who dont return my salaams. But you are right, I have it made :/

Racism. Exists. Everywhere.

Your having a bubble Alf. White Muslims arent treated badly, they`re treated with more respect than any other Muslims. Its probably statstically proven. Your mate was probably an anomaly. Racism exists largely in the Gulf countries. And I dont condone people not replying back to your saalam. Thats just stupid, losing out on easy rewards and not giving you your rights.

What on earth is an ultra-white Muslim? Usually, the white Muslim is one who has humbled himself and has been charged with joining a 'black' or 'asian' religion so to say... Shame some of the Khalijis can't bring themselves down either.

No no i never said that. Islam isnt a black or Asian religion. I said the White Muslims (Some of them) see nothing wrong with what was shown in the vid.
Are you humouring me?

@Saif Since your form UAE your comments are biased. If someone asked me how is Britian? I would say it`s bloody brilliant!

Not a fair judgement is it?

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
As salamu 'alaikum
Yes the prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam did make dua for destroying some people as you have mentioned.

He sallallahu alehi wasallam also choose not not make dua for destroying when he was hit so badly and his companions asked him to make supplication to destroy those people hit him sallallahu alehi wasallam. All he sallallahu alehi wasallam did was make supplication so that Allah forgives them and give hidayah to them (correct me if am wrong.I don't have reference but it is in my mind).

I was a victim of racial descrimination and I know better how it is like to be the victim. I was descriminated because I wasn't a Muslim. (Something for you to think about.) It has nothing to do with Arab race or any other race. So please stop talking bad about other races.

The answer is simple. People choose not to follow the quran and Sunnah.

Now stop talking and do more action if you can. How many of you willing to gather together and kick out your unislamic rulers? Any plans so far?

I only see many talking going on but I don't see any serious plan or action.

Allah knows the best
As salamu 'alaikum

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa baarkatuhu

It is not truth sister, that Prophet Mohammed sallahu alayha wa saalam did not asked punishment for noone,but we have find that Prophet sallahu alayha wa saalam cursed some people, because they done evil. As we know our Prophet sallahu alyaha wa saalam was both mercyful and strict.

Here are the proofs in authentic hadeeh

Abu Huraira narrates Rasulullah (sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam) said:

Let the slave of of money and luxurious clothes perish (may he be destroyed, may he fall headlong repeatedly) for he is pleased (with Allah) if these things are given to him, and if not, he is displeased! (Oh Allah) Let such a person perish and relapse, and if he is pierced with a thorn, let him not find anyone to take it out for him.

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 4, Book 52, Hadith 137]

Abu Juhaifa narrates:

The prophet (sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam) cursed the one who eats (takes) Riba (interes) and the one who gives it.

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 63, Hadith 259 and in Volume 7, Book 72, Hadith 845 and in Volume 3, Book 34, Hadith 299 & 440]

Abdullah Ibn Abbass narrates:

Rasulullah (sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam) cursed those men who are in similitude (assume the manners) of women and those women who are in the similitude (assume the manners) of men.

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 72, Hadith 773]

Nafi’ reported from Abdullah that Rasulullah (sallAllahu alaihi wa sallam) said:

A woman was punished because she had kept a cat tied until it died, and (as a punishment of this offence) she was thrown into the Hell. She had not provided it with food, or drink, and had not freed her so that she could eat the insects of the earth.

[Sahih Muslim, Book 26 (Kitab Al-Salam), Hadith 5570-5576]

While I was with Ibn ‘Umar, we passed by a group of young men who had tied a hen and started shooting at it. When they saw Ibn ‘Umar, they dispersed, leaving it. On that Ibn ‘Umar said, “Who has done this? The Prophet cursed the one who did so.”

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 67, Hadith 423]

Allah’s Apostle in his fatal illness said, “Allah cursed the Jews and the Christians, for they built the places of worship at the graves of their prophets.” And if that had not been the case, then the Prophet’s grave would have been made prominent before the people. So (the Prophet ) was afraid, or the people were afraid that his grave might be taken as a place for worship.

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 2, Book 23, Hadith 472]

Allah subahan we teala is mentioning in Quran both His mercy and punishment, because Allah is the one who is deciding what will happen to us, but we as well with our deeds.Allah has destroyed many people before, like people of Lut a.s.,people of Hud a.s., Faraons people. If you reed in Quran sister, you will find dua of Prophet Lut a.s. to his people who were sinning and disobeying to Allah.,and Prophet Ibrahim a.s dua to his people.As you can see, all Prophets were warning on Allahs punihsment for wrong deeds.

We also (sent) Lut: He said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you?

81 "For ye practise your lusts on men in preference to women : ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds."

82 And his people gave no answer but this: they said, "Drive them out of your city: these are indeed men who want to be clean and pure!" ( Surah Al- Araf)

66. [Ibrâhim (Abraham)] said: "Do you then worship besides Allâh, things that can neither profit you, nor harm you?

67. "Fie upon you, and upon that which you worship besides Allâh! Have you then no sense?"

We have revealed for you (O men!) a book in which is a Message for you: will ye not then understand? ( Surah An Abiya)

11. " How many were the populations we utterly destroyed because of their iniquities, setting up in their places other peoples" ( Surah an Anbiya)

It is diffrent to say only " May Allah destroy you" without first asking guidance of Allah, and if we say " may Allah guide you or destroy you", we are saying only that we leave that persone to Allah, and that Allah will decide what He will do with that persone. When somone is doing some bad deed, we should correct him and warn him,and tell him that Allah may guide him or punish ( destroy) him for hiw own deeds. This is from Islaam, as we find it in Quraan and Sunnah, because Muslims should be both mercyfull and strict as well.

And sister, noone is here taking bad about other races, but only about what some Arabs are doing, because it is thier deeds,and it is our duty to warn others and say the truth for the sake of Allah.

We all are here Muslims,and we all are against any kind of discrimation, does not metter if we have had that experience or not.

May Allah help us all.

:wasalam:

Parvaiz

Nothing new..... check this out (http://gulfnews.com/news/gulf/bahra...ns-of-expats-threat-to-gulf-identity-1.736096)

these poor, hardworking, honest 'brown' or 'black' skinned individuals are a very very BIG danger to their precious identity.

their luxury homes and well paved streets are to be built with the blood and sweat of these dangerous 'brown' or 'black' skinned people.

And they want this to happen without the inconvenience of having to set their eyes upon them.

I feel sorry for these oppressors...... just imagine the torment they will have to face in the grave
:salam2:your right brother
how many workers die each year due to this issues and they go unnoticed there are countless number of deaths over building of burj dubai but never reported but Allah knows best,May Allah guide all of us Muslims

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salam alaikum warahmatu-llah

Let me clear this please

01, I was born In Qatar and raised up their upto my 16 years of my life from birth.
02, of my entire life there, and as my father lived there for long ago, we have never faced a single racism incident alhamdu li Allah, Moreover they use to respect when they come toknow we are Muslims too, alhamdu li Allah
03, when i was there, this wasnt built then, but my relative has already visited there with his family, so families are allowed, even if they are from any part of globe.

04. it is kinda awkward that they let the English ppl inside, but not the other bachelors:
possible cause:
a. they sell expensive things, those only arabs and west ppl can buy.

b. they tried to keep a healthier environment for ladies-families, so that bachelors dont make any prob. I know still west entrance is ( even if bachelors come).......awkward!

c. ppl, who are worker, they actually go there for surfing and just to look and stare at ladies, believe me I was there, I know, coz as they dont practise Islam even some of them are Muslims, yet many good Muslim workers dont even go this type of place just to roam around.

d. i think we should not go further, may Allah forgive us

racism is everywhere, why we hold any issue from arab with so interest?but anyways, may Allah save our brothers in faith to be just

but we are doing backbiting, may be something more graver than what they r doing!

anyways, may Allah forgive us and specially me if I have said something wrong

and Allah knows the best
wa alaikum salam

Thanks for your post. I trust your account more than the 'cutting edge' undercover operation by 'Undercover Jim'. Western media have to put down our muslims countries in one way or the other. Not to say that they aren't problems in our countries. But those portrayed by western media are either exaggerated or often times even non existant.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Valerie

Your having a bubble Alf. White Muslims arent treated badly, they`re treated with more respect than any other Muslims. Its probably statstically proven. Your mate was probably an anomaly. Racism exists largely in the Gulf countries. And I dont condone people not replying back to your saalam. Thats just stupid, losing out on easy rewards and not giving you your rights.

She was giving her own personal experience and the experience of those she's talked to. Racism is racism regardless of who the racist is and who the victim is. And people usually use statistics to prove their own points (I am not saying you would do this, but one can find statistics proving nearly anything ... happens all the time, particularly in politics).

:wasalam:

Status
Not open for further replies.