Resolving issues thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu'alaykum

This thread will be the destinatin for posts that have become irrelevant in their original threads, for solving issues between members/ misunderstandings in a calm collective manner.

Posts moved from the Greatest Generation thread.

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu dear brothers and sisters

I have remembered this Sahaab raddiAllahu anhu who was not mentioned before in this thread. Inshallah, it it is easy to answer who was he. :) :tti_sister:
He is the first caller of the prayers for the Prophet (P.B.U.H.).

He embraced Islam at the age of 30.

He was the only one who prayed in the Ka‘bah with the Prophet (P.B.U.H.).

May Allah bless you

:wasalam:
Wa-alaykum assalam,

Alas. Rules have been officially violated, dunno if I'll cope.

Okay;

EDIT: never mind.

- If there is ever a point where the thread is not moving at all, we will use Asja's clues. It could be very soon.

Is that okay, Asja? You've given us a safety net.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Wa-alaykum assalam,

Alas. Rules have been officially violated, dunno if I'll cope.

Okay;

EDIT: never mind.

- If there is ever a point where the thread is not moving at all, we will use Asja's clues. It could be very soon.

Is that okay, Asja? You've given us a safety net.

Assalamu Allaicum wa raahmtullah wa baraaktuhu

To answer your question dear sister, if this situations happens, the best would be to instead using anyones clues and waiting for them, make our own, using and improving our knowledge.

Since the thread is little "out of order", to bring it in order again InshAllah, and to remind us that it is from Islaamic manners to respect others rights, I will again post my question.

So here it is once again:

He is the first caller of the prayers for the Prophet (P.B.U.H.).

He embraced Islam at the age of 30.

He was the only one who prayed in the Ka‘bah with the Prophet (P.B.U.H.).

May Allah subhanahu wa teala increase our knowledge about all Sahaabahs raddiAlllahu Anhum,and implement in our lifes thier behaviour, level of eman, and true faith in Allah. Ameen ya Rabby

EDIT: I hope I have answered your question dear sister, InshAllah.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
..and to remind us that it is from Islaamic manners to respect others rights, I will again post my question ..

Asja, the rules are there for a reason, i.e. to be followed. In posting your clues in this manner you are in fact taking away someone elses right to post their clues! I cannot imagine that you have read the rules prior to posting in this thread, or you have misunderstood them.

Your job is to try and guess the answer to the posted clues until you guess correctly, not post your own clues over riding the last person who solved the previous one.

I will leave this matter in the hands of sister SeekingAllah's Mercy and Samiha, one of these sisters are rightfully supposed to be posting the next clues because they were nominated by sister Aisya, it is not your turn.

SubhanAllah, this is really quite basic.

Wa-salam

Following are Sister Seeking Allah's Mercy's clues:
1) She migrated for the sake of Allaah and was tested with a real tough test after migration.
2) She gave 50 mikthal's out of her mahr when she got married, to the person who informed her of the marriage proposal and Khalid ibn Said ibn al-Aas was her wakil.
3) After her wedding, a lady told her she has accepted Islam and asked her of something that when the Prophet:saw: was told about, made him very happy.

Jazakillaah khayr.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Asja, the rules are there for a reason, i.e. to be followed. In posting your clues in this manner you are in fact taking away someone elses right to post their clues! I cannot imagine that you have read the rules prior to posting in this thread, or you have misunderstood them.

Your job is to try and guess the answer to the posted clues until you guess correctly, not post your own clues over riding the last person who solved the previous one.

I will leave this matter in the hands of sister SeekingAllah's Mercy and Samiha, one of these sisters are rightfully supposed to be posting the next clues because they were nominated by sister Aisya, it is not your turn.

SubhanAllah, this is really quite basic.

Wa-salam

Asalamu allaicum wa raahmtullah wa baraaktuhu

Sister al fajr, I have red the rules, which are by the way very limited for the realization of a specified task. The first page of this thread is a proof for itself, for what I have just said. Meaning I did not break the rules or misunderstood them but I have only "alleviated the strict rules", like all other brothers and sisters who replyed before me in this thread did. Also it is not stated in the main thread that by the rules it is allowed to nominate other member.

And Allah knows the best.

EDIT: These are your words sister Al Fajr as a starter of the thread,where you have said clearly and undoubtfully to one member that it is allowed that someone else post a new clues instead of him.

Al Fajr wrote: You have the option to take the next go, or leave it open game for whoever wants to post the next set of clues.

Please dear sister, lets be just and truthfull like Islaam teach us,and lets learn from those who were the best example in folllowing our Deen Islam. Isnt this thread opened for this reason?

May Allah guide us all. Ameen.

samiha

---------
Staff member
wa'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuhu

Sister Asja, let's just say I have a lot of things I wish to say to you, but will refrain.

Although sis al-fajr can be slightly pedantic about her rules, this is her thread, and certain rules need to be in place to keep it in order. You say you came in order to alleivate strict rules, but sister - this is not for you to do. If you wish to have a more 'relaxed' thread, please do make one of your own and insha'Allaah there will be participation in it. But if you're going to come to this thread, then please just try to respect the sister's wishes.

Fact was - I was the one who answered the question before, and I was waiting for confirmation or more information before I took my turn to find more clues. But before even a day went by, before even a confirmation was given, you stepped in and posted your own clues - without ever having participated in the game. Is that fair or just?

For the record, I'm fine with sister Aisya nominating sister Seeking, in fact I prefer it. But you have to understand where the sister was coming from when she mentioned it wasn't your turn and not make it into an issue of lying. You did not participate in the thread before - you didn't answer any question - and so that part in bold you quoted from al-fajr did not apply to you.

If you had answered the question and gotten it correct, then this would have applied. I hope this makes sense ukhti.

I don't want to see any more accusations and derailments in this thread. If there are any issues to be discussed about this - please take it privately.

BaarakAllaahu feekum

Idris16

I didnt criticise the thread. I criticised those turning this thread into a woman fighting thread.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
wa'alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakatuhu

Sister Asja, let's just say I have a lot of things I wish to say to you, but will refrain.

Although sis al-fajr can be slightly pedantic about her rules, this is her thread, and certain rules need to be in place to keep it in order. You say you came in order to alleivate strict rules, but sister - this is not for you to do. If you wish to have a more 'relaxed' thread, please do make one of your own and insha'Allaah there will be participation in it. But if you're going to come to this thread, then please just try to respect the sister's wishes.

Fact was - I was the one who answered the question before, and I was waiting for confirmation or more information before I took my turn to find more clues. But before even a day went by, before even a confirmation was given, you stepped in and posted your own clues - without ever having participated in the game. Is that fair or just?

For the record, I'm fine with sister Aisya nominating sister Seeking, in fact I prefer it. But you have to understand where the sister was coming from when she mentioned it wasn't your turn and not make it into an issue of lying. You did not participate in the thread before - you didn't answer any question - and so that part in bold you quoted from al-fajr did not apply to you.

If you had answered the question and gotten it correct, then this would have applied. I hope this makes sense ukhti.

I don't want to see any more accusations and derailments in this thread. If there are any issues to be discussed about this - please take it privately.

BaarakAllaahu feekum

Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair

Allhamdullilah after this I have nothing more to say, except that Allah is always on the side of the truth and the truthfull ones. We should always remeber that no metter what someone sais , he can never change or hide the truth becouse Allah is All Knowing.

May Allah guide us all.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Jazzak Allah khair

Allhamdullilah after this I have nothing more to say, except that Allah is always on the side of the truth and the truthfull ones. We should always remeber that no metter what someone sais , he can never change or hide the truth becouse Allah is All Knowing.

May Allah guide us all.

Rules: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=516091&postcount=126

As I stated previously these are the rules, they are not too difficult to understand inshaAllaah and there is no blame on you if you had accidently missed the post, it is my shortcoming for not editting the very first post and including the latest set of rules there; although it has been my intention for some time, other things kept coming in the way.

Nor would I blame you if you had misunderstood the rules after you had read them, but from what I understand this wasn't the case.

What I find blameworthy is your disregard for the accepted rules, simply because you personally did not like them, you have admitted it was not even a mistake on your part and you intentionally went against the rules, subsequently, you claimed your 'rights' were being taken away from you when you knew full well how the rest of the participants were conducting themselves? This makes no sense.

If you believe the rules of the thread are too strict and you have alternative suggestions to make, than what exactly, my dear sister, was stopping you messaging me about this? letting me know in a post in this thread? or even a VM? I would be quite open to this I assure, in taking the course of action you did, you have shown absolutely no regard for your fellow forum members who were respectfully playing according to the rules of the game.

So yes, PM me your alternative rule suggestions and you will find me quite willing to oblige.

You guys are boring. You have almost turned this thread into a Woman fighting thread.

I didnt criticise the thread. I criticised those turning this thread into a woman fighting thread.

As for yourself akhi, I am glad to see this 'womens fighting' has encouraged you to post for the first time since the thread was created, we all expect more consistent and healthy contributions from yourself in future, barakAllaahu feek.

I intend to move all posts unrelated to the original intent of this thread elsewhere by next week inshaAllaah.

Assalamu'alaykum all.

ilyas_eh

Used to be active here!
NO! NO! not even in this thread!

Its a nice thread. Lets just go back to answering the clues and posting new ones.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
NO! NO! not even in this thread!

Its a nice thread. Lets just go back to answering the clues and posting new ones.

Akhi, tarbiyyah is important. If myself and Asja can potentially learn something here, then that also holds some value. Ofcourse it depends on correct intentions and willingness.

Edit: Posts moved.

Sister Asja may post any replies in this thread, should she wish to.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Rules: http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showpost.php?p=516091&postcount=126

As I stated previously these are the rules, they are not too difficult to understand inshaAllaah and there is no blame on you if you had accidently missed the post, it is my shortcoming for not editting the very first post and including the latest set of rules there; although it has been my intention for some time, other things kept coming in the way.

Nor would I blame you if you had misunderstood the rules after you had read them, but from what I understand this wasn't the case.

What I find blameworthy is your disregard for the accepted rules, simply because you personally did not like them, you have admitted it was not even a mistake on your part and you intentionally went against the rules, subsequently, you claimed your 'rights' were being taken away from you when you knew full well how the rest of the participants were conducting themselves? This makes no sense.

If you believe the rules of the thread are too strict and you have alternative suggestions to make, than what exactly, my dear sister, was stopping you messaging me about this? letting me know in a post in this thread? or even a VM? I would be quite open to this I assure, in taking the course of action you did, you have shown absolutely no regard for your fellow forum members who were respectfully playing according to the rules of the game.

So yes, PM me your alternative rule suggestions and you will find me quite willing to oblige.

Assalamu'alaykum all.

Wa allaicumu sallam wa raahmtullah wa barakatuhu

Bismillahirahman nirahim

Dear sister, for the sake of Allah please read again my words and see well my intentions InshAllah. I have never said that the rules were too strict or that I want to change them on my own, I said that they were already changed by other members and yourself much before I have posted on this thread. Becouse your posts before and posts of other members I thought I can also post on the thread and that it was allowed by the "thread rules".Everything what I did SubhanAllah was try to help on gainingin and spreading Islaamic knowledge, but I never could imagine that I will receive this from my own sister in Islaam.

SubhanAllah I can not understand and my heart can not accept it wallahi, how could you dear sister even if you knew that the rules were changed by time, how could you say those words to me, and how could you not let me to post on the thread, while to all other members who did the same, ("who made the same mistake") were able to participate in this thread. And how after I have said the truth you can say it was my responsability, when you know very well that responsability is on your side.

How after nowhere in the main theread was mentioned it is allowed to nominate members for posting, how it is possible that member before me broke the rule and you said nothing on this, but you did have those hard words for me although you knew I was right and that I was saying the truth.

Muslims sholud love and support each others, be kind toward each others, and not be hurting each others.

May Allah forgive me if I have hurted anyone it was never my intention, the same like it was not my intention to disrespect any of the rules. My intentiones were good, but only Allah knows why sometimes some things take other path.

I hope you took lesson from this dear sister and me too InshAllah.

And Allah knows the best

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
Muslims sholud love and support each others, be kind toward each others, and not be hurting each others.
Absolutely true Asja, thankyou for reminding us of this.

I apologise for perceived harshness although I endeavoured to avoid this, the rest stands as it does, may Allaah heal your hurt feelings, but in the pursuit of saying what was necessary to say in this case, I do not regret the points made in my post.

May Allah forgive me if I have hurted anyone it was never my intention, the same like it was not intention to disrespect any of the rules. My intentiones were good, but only Allah knows why sometimes some thing take other path.
May Allaah forgive us both and correct our intentions, Ameen.

I hope you took lesson from this dear sister and me too InshAllah.
Indeed, I think we both have.

Wa-salam.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
i'm so confused. i have seriously missed something.
salaams to all
serena

There is a trivia type game in the games forum about the Sahaba. It is titled, "The Greatest Generation"

But it seems like its okay now. All is well insha allah :)

S

Sister Zohra

"Got" vs. "Gotten"

Assalamu Alaikum,

Sometimes the two are interchangeable, however, “got” implies current possession, as in “I’ve got just five dollars to buy my dinner with.” “Gotten,” in contrast, often implies the process of getting hold of something: “I’ve gotten five dollars for cleaning out Mrs. Quimby’s shed” emphasizing the earning of the money rather than its possession.

http://public.wsu.edu/~brians/errors/got.html

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Gotten vs. Got

I couldn't read beyond 10 lines. haha. It would be nice if someone explains to me as well.

Got and Gotten are often considered to be synonyms in British English & American English. However, this is not so.

Gotten is one of two possible past participles of the verb, get in American English:
get - got - got or gotten

Origin

Gotten has been in use since the 4th century and was still in use by Shakespeare, for example in Richard III he writes:
With much ado at length have gotten leave
To look upon my sometimes royal master's face.

When America was colonised, speakers of English in both the old country and the new country all used gotten. However, over time in Britain the original past participle faded away and was simply replaced by got.
get - got - got

Compare this to the way in which forget has not changed in British English:
forget - forgot - forgotten

Usage

In American English, both got and gotten are used as a past participle. However, there is a distinct difference between them.

Got is used to show ownership:
Yes, I have got a car.
in my collection I have got over 3,000 DVDs.

Gotten is used to show acquisition, development or movement:
I've gotten over 10,000 signatures on the petition!
He's gotten worse since we last saw him.
He's gotten away!

Gotten, then, has a more dynamic sense whilst got is static. However, some American commentators regard all use of gotten as vulgar. [

samiha

---------
Staff member
Wow... I didn't even realize it was so complicated/interesting. Quite cool really. Absolutely not a dumb question, but I'm glad someone else answered because personally it's just one of those things in language you get used to and have a hard time explaining I suppose.

But it does seem to have more American usage now, although it was originally British. Kind of like the word "Soccer" actually - that too came from the British, however much they like to make fun and cringe at it now.

I think an interesting aspect which some of these distinctions mention is of the sense of "process" and "development".

Something that took time and effort and work and had a 'process' to it - usually involves gotten.

Like, "I've got the answer" - is got because you possess it, meaning you have the answer. "Who's got the answer?" / "I've got the answer"

But, "I've gotten the answer" - can be used, but what it means is you went through a process and figured it out. "Has anyone understood this material and gotten the answer?" / "I've gotten the answer"

"I've gotten older" - Process, change, time which has caused you to age etc.

But in its place 'I got older' still works, but it just means just that you now 'possess' more age (in a way) and doesn't give the feeling of time and progression as much.

At least that's how I've come to feel about it.

Maybe a good/easier way to think of it would be to consider forgot/forgotten, and how it's used in language and what kind of sense it conveys.

Status
Not open for further replies.