Sarkozy: Palestinian refugees should not be resettled in Israel

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Tuesday October 23, 2007 11:30 by John Smith - IMEMC & agencies

In a meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert on Monday, French President Nicolas Sarkozy declared that Palestinian refugees should be resettled in a Palestinian state, not in Israeli territory.

Branding the right of return of Palestinian refugees to Israeli territory as "illogical," Sarkozy argued that refugees should be resettled in a future Palestinian state.

"Each side should have its own nation-state. It is not reasonable for the Palestinians to demand both an independent state and also the refugees' return to the state of Israel, which even today has a minority of one million Arabs," the French President stated.

In a highly-partisan speech, Sarkozy branded the creation of Israel as a "miracle," arguing that the state "introduces Democracy and diversity to the Middle East," a statement ignoring Israel's record of human rights violations, the fact that the apparently democratic Israel currently refuses to negotiate with a democratically-elected Hamas government, and the associated fact of Israel's continued policy of collective punishment against residents of both the West Bank and Gaza Strip.

Nicloas Sarkoy, the 23rd President of the French Republic, was elected to the position on May 6, 2007 on a right-wing ticket. While he is well-know for his uncompromising and controversial views on law and order and immigration, he is most famous for attending a press conference while apparently drunk.

http://www.imemc.org/article/51027

kayleigh

He has a point, I suppose. It is illogical to expect the two groups to mix together and live together right away after so many years of fighting without there being violence on both sides. People seem to think it's possible to go back to how things used to be, and it's not. They won't ever be able to go back to their homes. a separate, sovereign state is pretty much the only logical and feasible (though barely) solution right now.

tabaria

:salam2:
How old is Israel? 60 Years? The last crusade held it for about 100 years, and fighting over it lasted about 150. Believe it or not the Ummah at the time was also badly divided. And saladin changed things around. As soon as the muslims who right now don't fund palestinians after the embargo placed on them but donate to katrina who is in the richest country in the world change their ways and set priorities we'll get it back. I believe we lost palestine 2 or 3 times. Over 14 centuries. Always because of internal conflict and deviating from Islam.
:wasalam:

warda A

Sister
you are right but..........

He has a point, I suppose. It is illogical to expect the two groups to mix together and live together right away after so many years of fighting without there being violence on both sides. People seem to think it's possible to go back to how things used to be, and it's not. They won't ever be able to go back to their homes. a separate, sovereign state is pretty much the only logical and feasible (though barely) solution right now.

you are right but when it comes to violation by the stste of isreal i think the heads that be or whatever they call themselves wear earmuffs! it is so aggravating seeing how the palestinians are treated and where are the arabs and muslims?

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
whats ur point kayleigh...
i am starting to sense ur hatred towards palestinians or something...

lets not jump to conclusions. There was no hatred in her comments.

What she said is kind of true. Having just come back from Palestine, I can see how it would be very difficult for the Jewish Occupiers to drop their guns and their extreme racism and hatred . They always say the Arabs and Muslims want send them into the sea, but the reality is quite the opposite, it is the disgusting zionist Jews there who bulldoze houses, who scream and shout at the poor elderly Palestinians and the young alike.. They are cowards hiding behind tanks and guns, trying to justify their thiefdom.. and criminal actions.

It can not last, infact, it will end soon inshaAllah. InshaAllah, all Palestine will be free.. What is needed is for all Muslims to return back to following Islam properly. For, that is the only way for us to unite and be strong.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

lets not jump to conclusions. There was no hatred in her comments.

What she said is kind of true. Having just come back from Palestine, I can see how it would be very difficult for the Jewish Occupiers to drop their guns and their extreme racism and hatred . They always say the Arabs and Muslims want send them into the sea, but the reality is quite the opposite, it is the disgusting zionist Jews there who bulldoze houses, who scream and shout at the poor elderly Palestinians and the young alike.. They are cowards hiding behind tanks and guns, trying to justify their thiefdom.. and criminal actions.

It can not last, infact, it will end soon inshaAllah. InshaAllah, all Palestine will be free.. What is needed is for all Muslims to return back to following Islam properly. For, that is the only way for us to unite and be strong.

I agree with you. SO where do we preceed from here. I mean we are sitting here comfortably but lots of Palestineans are not

Mabsoot

Amir
Staff member
I agree with you. SO where do we preceed from here. I mean we are sitting here comfortably but lots of Palestineans are not

We educate ourselves and others so we follow Islam properly and so we can be stronger Muslims. This is to help not just Palestinians but all Muslims.

We have problems, BIGGER problems even around the world.

For example in Iraq, there is big fitnah, not just from soldiers from USA or UK, but from Takfiri groups that kill Muslims for no reason other than them not following them or giving them money.

-- The cure to all our problems is to follow islam properly, to Speak out against Shirk and Bidah and not be frightened or quiet. To study Islam properly and make sure we teach our families and friends. Allah is the Only One who can help us. Islam is the best solution to our problems, it is the only true way that we will succeed.

To support our brothers and sisters, send the good charities that work in those areas money and make dua for them. Inshaallah, things will get better. If you can go to Palestine, then go.. and pray in Masjid al Aqsa, meet your fellow muslim brothers and sisters, buy things from their shops.

mohsofi_abdullah

I don't want to sound like I'm an analyst, pro palestinians...

But, the Modus Operandi is to make those poor palestinians feel "hopeless" about their chance of going back to where they belong.

The more the theatre, the more hopeless the palestinians would be.

We keep saying that "look, where are we going to put them, on the Israeli's side?" The fac that matters is, the Israelis weren't even supposed to be there. They had the British to put them there, as if to say "look, we are here because the British put us here", but then "hey, we are taking your land, more and more everyday, because you, palestinians, are trying to kick us out?

Prettie smart huh?

kayleigh

whats ur point kayleigh...
i am starting to sense ur hatred towards palestinians or something...

Things aren't going to magically return to the way they used to be. I don't think it's very realistic to expect Israelis and Palestinians to live side by side in peace all of a sudden after so much fighting and hatred. We're talking about men and women who bulldoze homes and kill innocent children. Do you really expect them to live side by side with their victims, and have everyone be OK with it?

I would love to be able to turn back the clocks and give all the Palestinians their homes back and have had none of the war crimes Israel committed to have happened, but that's impossible.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
We're talking about men and women who bulldoze homes and kill innocent children. Do you really expect them to live side by side with their victims, and have everyone be OK with it?

:)
InshAllah they would . Im optimistic . But i only want 1 state solution not 2.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I would love to be able to turn back the clocks and give all the Palestinians their homes back and have had none of the war crimes Israel committed to have happened, but that's impossible.

Most of Palestinians are not turning back the clocks but looking for they future. They have already shown to they occupiers that it is not realistic to deny the reality that Palestinians are in present. It wasn´t "land without people to people without land" as zionist leaders have tried to explain last 60 decades. They still are in Palestine, they refuse to die as all the Palestine refuses to die.

For Palestinians the basic human right as "Right to Return" (RoR) is very important part of their national identity and accepting the idea of zionists that it is illocigal, means quite same than recognize that occupation of they land was legal act, as oppressing and mass murdering them would to be legal as well. If somebody is thinking how difficult it might be to put murderer and his victims to live together, then try to think how difficult it has been in some other parts of the world, after some similar crises (like in the South Africa after apartheid-period). On those negotiations before the "autumn circus" (Annapolis meeting for peace plan) Israel has proposed the 2-state solution as "Palestinian state" and Israel as "Jewish-only homeland"; many analysists have said that after accepting kind of plan it is only a matter of time when Israel will deports those rest of the original Palestinian minority away from nowaday Israel.

It is better not to say that something is "impossible"; I too am looking for 1 state solution, not 2. If we think as muslims, for example Al-Aqsa mosque will never been safe if it is on the hands of zionists only.

But by the way who says that this "imagination-state" called Israel even will remains to the Middle East forever? :SMILY149:

mohsofi_abdullah

Well, it's the biggest test for muslims to see to it that the Zionists are taken to task...
Muslims today are to engaged in materials and women and things the non muslims offer to us on daily basis...
Of course, the palestinians aren't going to emerge victorious, for they have no alliance, only rocks and sticks, and occasional smuggled weaponry...
The state of Israeli has what? Do we think Israel is gonna give back the land?
No way.
But, the truth is somewhat confusing to even the muslims.
We think the palestinians are like us.
They are not.
They are tru matyrs, for god sake.
We are not.
We just talk talk talk talk and talk some more
In fact, all of us are just cowards.
Wassalam

Ahmed ibn Ibrahim

alhamdulilah
Asalaamu alaikum,

Sarkozy is a fascist pig who, before being elected by the French people to the top governmental position, called the Muslim immigrants to France "cockroaches". He's rude and disgusting, so it's little surprise that last week his wife filed for divorce from the man.

And now he's proven himself to an even lower lever: a Zionist.

I've lived in France on 3 separate occasions, and I am not at all impressed by that country or the attitudes of her people. The average work-week in France is like 28 hours, and nearly everything shuts down at lunch for 2 hours. The people are xenophobic and rude to anyone who doesn't speak perfect French. Most people there are alcoholics, and extra-marital sex is commonplace. They think that they invented the ideas of Equality, Liberty, and Fraternity during the "French Revolution", but in reality much of what was rediscovered during the renaissance comes from Islamic countries that preserved knowledge, passing back to Europe through trade - and no man or woman invented these principles. Also, I've seen considerable evidence that the minds behind the revolution, who encouraged the people to think differently and rebel, were in fact Jews (surprise).

Here in Canada, the Quebecoise (French Canadians) reflect the arrogance of their home-country. Marriage in Quebec has statistically become a rarity. They are currently implementing provincial rules to ban to Hijaab/Niqaab, arguing that Quebec should only go so far in their "reasonable accommodation". I am disgusted by these bigots, as Canada has done nothing but accommodate these people! We could have killed them all off when we declared independence, but we decided not to. We could have made English Canada's official language, but instead we're "bilingual" and have both French and English on nearly every sign, road, government institution... The national police, government of Canada, and our schools all have to understand and speak French. We've enacted laws to ensure that French culture remains a prominent part of the Canadian identity. Even though Quebec has the least working-hours per week and generates the least money per person across all of Canada, they continue to receive billions of dollars more than they're entitled to from our taxes. They're ungrateful in everything we're compromised for them, and continue to threaten to declare their own independent country.

Bah! ;-p

WaSalaam

edit: I shouldn't generalize, and certainly not every francophone fits this description, but it is absolutely a pattern that I have observed.

tabaria

Asalaamu alaikum,

Sarkozy is a fascist pig who, before being elected by the French people to the top governmental position, called the Muslim immigrants to France "cockroaches". He's rude and disgusting, so it's little surprise that last week his wife filed for divorce from the man.

And now he's proven himself to an even lower lever: a Zionist.

I've lived in France on 3 separate occasions, and I am not at all impressed by that country or the attitudes of her people. The average work-week in France is like 28 hours, and nearly everything shuts down at lunch for 2 hours. The people are xenophobic and rude to anyone who doesn't speak perfect French. Most people there are alcoholics, and extra-marital sex is commonplace. They think that they invented the ideas of Equality, Liberty, and Fraternity during the "French Revolution", but in reality much of what was rediscovered during the renaissance comes from Islamic countries that preserved knowledge, passing back to Europe through trade - and no man or woman invented these principles. Also, I've seen considerable evidence that the minds behind the revolution, who encouraged the people to think differently and rebel, were in fact Jews (surprise).

Here in Canada, the Quebecoise (French Canadians) reflect the arrogance of their home-country. Marriage in Quebec has statistically become a rarity. They are currently implementing provincial rules to ban to Hijaab/Niqaab, arguing that Quebec should only go so far in their "reasonable accommodation". I am disgusted by these bigots, as Canada has done nothing but accommodate these people! We could have killed them all off when we declared independence, but we decided not to. We could have made English Canada's official language, but instead we're "bilingual" and have both French and English on nearly every sign, road, government institution... The national police, government of Canada, and our schools all have to understand and speak French. We've enacted laws to ensure that French culture remains a prominent part of the Canadian identity. Even though Quebec has the least working-hours per week and generates the least money per person across all of Canada, they continue to receive billions of dollars more than they're entitled to from our taxes. They're ungrateful in everything we're compromised for them, and continue to threaten to declare their own independent country.

Bah! ;-p

WaSalaam

edit: I shouldn't generalize, and certainly not every francophone fits this description, but it is absolutely a pattern that I have observed.

Yeah, I agree with everything. The French in general are overly sensitive about things "french". When Canada gained independence we had to allow a whole different type of law system to appease "French Canadians", the government to guarantee the funding of catholic schools outside of Quebec. Now they're talking about reasonable accommodation. When english Canadians had to jump through hoops for them, and still send them tons of money.

The best part is. Is that they want to separate from Canada. BUT, they want to continue to receive money from the Canadian government, use the Canadian currency, and the Canadian passport.

I think it stems from being defeated so many times by the English.

:wasalam:

justoneofmillion

meeting Sarkozy/bush

Assalam,
In a phone conversation between bush and sarkozy right after katrina:
Sarkozy :well "mister" president i want to remind you of all my solidatrity,and the solidarity of the french people,in these hard times that your country is going through

Bush:well thank you dear friend,i have come to know that you are also,going through a rough phase in your private life,you know with your wife and so on....please tell me if there is anyway i can help.

Sarkozy:well thanks for your offer but i would rather spare you from this burden,given the fact that you are in trouble yourself,i mean as a friend...
Bush:well dear friend,come on trust me ,am still in full control of my powers

Sarkosy:well really.....
Bush:What!

Sarkozy:well, you have seen Katrina right?

Bush:i wish i had never seen this ravaging disaster!

Sarkozy:well wait until you see CeCilia!!when she comes along,she leaves nothing behind,she takes the house ,the kids,the furniture ,the car and the bank account all together!!!!!!:D
ps.the dude is a weak wacko, just like his interlocutor,end of the story.Allahu akbar!

Wassalam
Jameel

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

No Muslim is anti-Jewish. We leave the Peoples of the Books alone. All Muslims are anti-Zionists. The events leading up to the illegal state of Israel were nothing but a gamble. The quite year of 1911 was a lot plotting and planning started.
We can not just blame the Arabs and other Muslims. Did not all countries ok the setting up of Israel. Does the UN still subcum to the wants and whines of Israel. My tax-dollar does not eliminate poverty in my local state..it provides funds for weapons of mass destruction to be used against Muslim children.
The Israeli's are the worst of oppressors. Each day they deny basic human rights to the people they stole land from. Each day another town becomes a refugee camp. And the world sits idly by.
Jewish people are welcome to New York, New Jersey, California, and they can fight for Florida...but get out of Palestine..it belongs to Muslims.