saudi women at Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shak78

:salam2:

One thing that I have a huge issue with is the fact that there are people who are hiding behind twitter to call this 16 year old girl a prostitute for competing. You can agree or disagree with her and her fathers decision to go but to call her a prostitute and not a Muslim for doing it is going overboard.

Townie

As for Makkah as someone mentioned there always have been and will be bad elements in Makkah

I suppose at the very least this is a recognition that not everything bad in the world is the fault of non-Muslims. And of course I know there are good and bad people all over the world, but I was surprised to learn that we should expect bad elements to be in the holiest city in the world.

twas19

so none of you people completely appreciate this ? regarding muslim women performing in Olympics.At first i was thinking that it is just okay

Shak78

so none of you people completely appreciate this ? regarding muslim women performing in Olympics.At first i was thinking that it is just okay

Personally I have no issue with it myself, others as you have seen disagree.

a_stranger

As muslems we should return to Quran and Sunna in every matter, it is unacceptable to wear semi higab and expose female's body in front of nonmahrem. Islam put modesty as a priority in life. We should never be forced by others to do what is against our values , we have Islamic values if they don' t respect us we should respect our values.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
salam brothers and sisters
unfortnately people are quick to highlight any crime or wrong doing that happens insaudi,,,saudi arabia is not perfect and yes there are bad things happening
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatyullahi wa barakaatuh,

You just answered why:
salam
i must agree dear sister,i cannot see how a woman competing in a sport such as judo,can be in accordance wiht laws regarding hijab and behaviour
and especially for a saudi.... iam constantly frustrated as icannot drive,, ir even walk by the sea alone in saudi,and yet a woman competes like that in front of thousands,,,
ithink there are lawas for some and different for others...women should not be attracting attention to themsleves which suhc sport is obviously doing
iam all for womens right equality and leading life as productive as men but there must be limts

They act like they are ruled by "Sharia" and they are not. Every time something against Islam occurs this easily. It is a big deal to know, a country with sharia rule has x yand z going on.If they tell the people flat out it's "Saud's Law" not Sharia that rules KSA, people will stop making sucha big deal outta it.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatyullahi wa barakaatuh,

You just answered why:

They act like they are ruled by "Sharia" and they are not. Every time something against Islam occurs this easily. It is a big deal to know, a country with sharia rule has x yand z going on.If they tell the people flat out it's "Saud's Law" not Sharia that rules KSA, people will stop making sucha big deal outta it.

aslam o alaikum Wa Rahmatyullahi wa barakaatuh,

Actually so true, especially in the west anytime anything happens in saudia its directly correlated with islam, even thou its not true sharia law but somehow they make it seem it is SubhanAllah, but the reality is the non muslims will use watever they can to give people wrong impression of islam.

But the beauty of islam, and may Allah (swt) bless the people who give dawah, the true message of islam is conveyed to people who want guidance and mashAllah so many people are accepting islam.

But one thing that saddens me that the born muslims are loosing islam within themselves subhanAllah idk much about other countries but when i hear alot of pakistani youth talk its like they have a agnostic views of religion ... really scares me
May Allah (swt) give us all hidaya and bless us with the love of this lovely deen - ameen

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
aslam o alaikum Wa Rahmatyullahi wa barakaatuh,

Actually so true, especially in the west anytime anything happens in saudia its directly correlated with islam, even thou its not true sharia law but somehow they make it seem it is SubhanAllah, but the reality is the non muslims will use watever they can to give people wrong impression of islam.
That's the point I'm making. This girl's case was tossed up and down in the news and was exaggerated. Not because she was the "new youngest Judo female champ" or anything, but its signs of Immodesty in an apparently Sharia ruled country. So there is a huge round of applause.

If it is a case of girl not allowed to drive, which is "Saud's law" not Sharia than that's the bash Islam time.

subhanAllah idk much about other countries but when i hear alot of pakistani youth talk its like they have a agnostic views of religion ... really scares me

I don't get out of my house much, I like the peace inside. however, when I "have" to get out, it's very upsetting. You are either someone who follows the culture, and change as it changes, an agnost, or Sufi mushrik where Allaah has no business with you, it's your peer who has to deal with everything.

People are worried about Indonesia and that "Save Maryam" campaign, I say here, you have almost have lost it. It's just not official as yet. La Huwla Wa La Quwaataa Illah Billah.
May Allah (swt) give us all hidaya and bless us with the love of this lovely deen - ameen
Ameen.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
That's the point I'm making. This girl's case was tossed up and down in the news and was exaggerated. Not because she was the "new youngest Judo female champ" or anything, but its signs of Immodesty in an apparently Sharia ruled country. So there is a huge round of applause.

If it is a case of girl not allowed to drive, which is "Saud's law" not Sharia than that's the bash Islam time.

I don't get out of my house much, I like the peace inside. however, when I "have" to get out, it's very upsetting. You are either someone who follows the culture, and change as it changes, an agnost, or Sufi mushrik where Allaah has no business with you, it's your peer who has to deal with everything.

People are worried about Indonesia and that "Save Maryam" campaign, I say here, you have almost have lost it. It's just not official as yet. La Huwla Wa La Quwaataa Illah Billah.

Ameen.

aslam o aliakum wr wb

yea well the newpaper is canadian and just reading the responses it shows what people think, media is one thing to blame but i also lay the burden on the muslims living here, if someone doesn't wear the hijab/niqab cause of their short coming then admit it and ask Allah (swt) to guide you and make it easy but people try to justify that not wearing the hijab is in islam ... astagfiruAllah its these kind of attitude and comment that even exaggerate issues. Unfortunately, its the people of my country mostly who do this.

I didn't step out much in Pakistan, but i understood this mostly though facebook interaction where majority of the pakistani youth eat sleep communicate ... , its just so weird like they will say things which are borderline shirk, so many things which can take you out of fold of islam without any shame. Honestly, we have lost so many youth like SubhanAllah i dont even know wat to say it makes u just feel so sad about the situation like the future of the country is in the hand of youth and they dont even see islam as something of importance.
And i see some people who do want to follow islam or are trying to they are so much into sufism, bida'h, peer taveez daage etc etc like random things.

Bro Nouman Ali khan is doing a series of Tafseer on Surah Yusuf On ARY but they are only broadcasting it in the west not in Pakistan ... i think pakistani youth could have really benefited from it cause honestly they need someone who can make them understand the religion.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
aslam o aliakum wr wb
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,
Apologies, I didn't realise that I've missed you salam in my earlier post.
i also lay the burden on the muslims living here, if someone doesn't wear the hijab/niqab cause of their short coming then admit it and ask Allah (swt) to guide you and make it easy but people try to justify that not wearing the hijab is in islam ... astagfiruAllah its these kind of attitude and comment that even exaggerate issues. Unfortunately, its the people of my country mostly who do this.
We wouldn't have to worry about spreading the message quantitatively if we were to focus on quality.
I didn't step out much in Pakistan. . . sufism, bida'h, peer taveez daage etc etc like random things.
Sit and watch, that what we do, just sit and watch.
Bro Nouman Ali khan is doing a series of Tafseer on Surah Yusuf On ARY but they are only broadcasting it in the west not in Pakistan ... i think pakistani youth could have really benefited from it cause honestly they need someone who can make them understand the religion.
In Urdu? I thought ARY is heavily barelvi influenced channel. It's not going to kill them to share something like that with us. What a loss! La Huwla Wa La Quwaataa Illah Billah.

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
Apologies, I didn't realise that I've missed you salam in my earlier post.
We wouldn't have to worry about spreading the message quantitatively if we were to focus on quality.

Sit and watch, that what we do, just sit and watch.

In Urdu? I thought ARY is heavily barelvi influenced channel. It's not going to kill them to share something like that with us. What a loss! La Huwla Wa La Quwaataa Illah Billah.

aslam o aliakum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,

true, but in west every muslim count like you saw in the post thats how every is being judged by the non muslims around them. We need to lead a example cause in the west you are a walking talking role model whether you realize it or not.

well in pakistan u can try to use sms as ur way of communicating since every single person use a cell phone, it might make you the most hated person among ur friends n family oh its worth it :) lol
I did talk to people but unfortunately due to my own shortcoming i am not able to convey myself 100% and be influential, i have not figured out a good way to get around the issue of people labeling other people. As soon as you try to convey something that doesn't agree with what they have been doing, they label you wahabi, ahle hadith, deobandi etc etc, so the whole information that you gave is just thrown on one side and another arguement starts why you are following this group .....

Yea MashAllah Br Nouman Ali khan is doing Surah yusuf on Ary tv, i dont have ARY so i haven't been able to watch it hopefully they upload it on youtube inshAllah
ARY Digital and Bayyinah.tv
We are pleased to announce the Grand Launch of Br. Nouman Ali Khan's lectures on Surah Yusuf on ARY Digital all across USA, Canada & South Africa.

Hmm didn't know who ary is influenced by but this is something good they are doing, i think every channel in Pakistan is influenced by wrong mean not really worth watching tv in pakistan, its mostly just dramas dealing with saas baho jhagra anywayz

But unfortunately ARY is not broadcasting the series in Pakistan, we tried really hard, to have them change their mind, had alot of people contact them made fb event and we got the following reply

Message from ARY Digital Network: We have 4 different regions for ARY Digital Network - Pakistan, UAE, UK, & North America. We are launching Br. Nouman Ali Khan's lectures in the North American Region. There are restrictions for every region and broadcast is catered to every region accordingly. It is not a possibility for us "at this time & for this particular series" to air Br. Nouman's lectures on ARY Pakistan due to these restrictions.

I am not obliged to give any explanation here, but like all of you, I have listened to & benefited immensely from Br. Nouman Ali Khan's lectures in the past few years and would like to help him spread the message of Islam in whatever limited capacity that I can. If you would like to do the same, then please help spread the word about his project, Bayyinah TV. Now is the time to show your dedication to Br. Nouman & give back in kind. Ramadan is the month of "Khair" & "Rahmah". Please do not waste your time in activities that spread "Shar". InshaAllah, with everyone’s prayers one day we hope to have Bayyinah's & Br. Nouman Ali Khan's programs broadcasting from every corner of the world.. Ameen!

So ALhumdulilah atleast we got a reply but i really hope that inshAllah in the future they can air his lecture on ARY tv, his tafseer series is in English, but his initial interview was in urdu MashAllah

[video=youtube;PIXloOih9-c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIXloOih9-c[/video]

I really really loved his interview, Alhumdulilah was just amazing to hear him speak urdu, and know about him and mashAllah :D he also stayed in Islamabad which is just amazing

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I suppose at the very least this is a recognition that not everything bad in the world is the fault of non-Muslims. And of course I know there are good and bad people all over the world, but I was surprised to learn that we should expect bad elements to be in the holiest city in the world.

There are "black sheep" in every community, unfortunately western media prefer to narrow down Muslims only. One black sheep in our Holy Cities considered too bad because we Muslims do not condone any bad elements among Muslims.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
salam
i must agree dear sister,i cannot see how a woman competing in a sport such as judo,can be in accordance wiht laws regarding hijab and behaviour
and especially for a saudi.... iam constantly frustrated as icannot drive,, ir even walk by the sea alone in saudi,and yet a woman competes like that in front of thousands,,,
ithink there are lawas for some and different for others...women should not be attracting attention to themsleves which suhc sport is obviously doing
iam all for womens right equality and leading life as productive as men but there must be limts

I agree with you, Saudis are not Angels. I'm here to clarify not generalizing.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother

What is the benefits? First of all IOC and UK govt mock Muslims by having the games during fasting month. Why can't they delay or have it a month after or earlier?

Townie

What is the benefits? First of all IOC and UK govt mock Muslims by having the games during fasting month. Why can't they delay or have it a month after or earlier?
Just a bit paranoid? 7 out of the last 10 summer games would have fallen in this years dates of Ramadan - doesn't seem like a conspiracy to me.
I thought this years Olympics were great and of course women should have an equal right to compete if they want to.

Shak78

There is no conspiracy from the IOC or the UK, the games are held in the summer and Ramadan has fallen in the summer the fast 3 years and will again next year. Is it bad timing, yes a conspiracy, no. They are also not going to change the games due to one religion and its holy month. WHile I agree it would have been difficult to compete as a Muslim due to Ramadan, there was no conspiracy Brother.

Shak78

As muslems we should return to Quran and Sunna in every matter, it is unacceptable to wear semi higab and expose female's body in front of nonmahrem. Islam put modesty as a priority in life. We should never be forced by others to do what is against our values , we have Islamic values if they don' t respect us we should respect our values.

Have you seen the judo uniforms, they are fully covered and not showuing off their bodies to men. The Hijab was approvedby the Saudi government as fine to wear. How is this exposing her body? http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...688_RTRIDSP_3_OLY-JUDO-JUW79K-ROUNDS-DAY7.jpg

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
aslam o aliakum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Baraakaatuh,
true, but in west every muslim count like you saw in the post thats how every is being judged by the non muslims around them. We need to lead a example cause in the west you are a walking talking role model whether you realize it or not.
Like I said, Quality of Muslims (even if a small group) is far more important than the quantity of Muslims.
well in pakistan u can try to use sms as ur way of communicating since every single person use a cell phone, it might make you the most hated person among ur friends n family oh its worth it :) lol
Not really, I don't and don't plan on getting one any sooner.
I did talk to people but unfortunately due to my own shortcoming i am not able to convey myself 100% and be influential, i have not figured out a good way to get around the issue of people labeling other people. As soon as you try to convey something that doesn't agree with what they have been doing, they label you wahabi, ahle hadith, deobandi etc etc, so the whole information that you gave is just thrown on one side and another arguement starts why you are following this group .....
I already am the outcast to some people, largely because of my own "odd" ways of dawah.
its mostly just dramas dealing with saas baho jhagra anywayz
What century are you living in? Indians dramas are like that, Pak dramas have a whole new agenda. Every drama has a strong message. Respect for the one who has committed adultery, living together after Talaaq and stuff like that. They have a whole new deen to preach in a whole new way.
But unfortunately ARY is not broadcasting the series in Pakistan, we tried really hard, to have them change their mind, had alot of people contact them made fb event and we got the following reply
Inna lillahi wa Inna Ilahi Raj'oon.

JazaakAllaahu khayraa for the link.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Have you seen the judo uniforms, they are fully covered and not showuing off their bodies to men. The Hijab was approvedby the Saudi government as fine to wear. How is this exposing her body? http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...688_RTRIDSP_3_OLY-JUDO-JUW79K-ROUNDS-DAY7.jpg
Wasalamo`Alaykum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakaatuh,

Judo uniform = modest dress. I'd say I agree on this one.

Hijaab approved by government DOESNOT make a difference. If that were allowed, women would be wearing their husbands kufi not head scraves. Also, peak caps, hats, bowlers, barrettes etc. would all be hijaab.

Hijaab is a complete covering. Still, if you were to say the covering that covers the head is hijaab, then even that hijaab starts from the head, covering all hair, ears, neck, throat, down to the shoulder, then covers almost half the arms, covers the trunk area at front and the back. Hijaab that a Muslim woman is suppose to cover herself with, is close to this. Just covering the hair isn't hijaab. Lots of people do that but Islam doesn't really change simply because of the new trend.

KSA approving it makes no difference, her father, you and me, her coach approving it makes no different. If a scholar approves it based on his personal opinion, even that makes no difference. It is called a Batil fatwa. Personal Opinions are of no value in Islamic jurisprudence. What is Haram according to the Qur'an and Sunnah is Haram.

As for Judo itself, that sort of thing is definitely not allowed in front of non Mahrams. No matter how covered you are, you are going to put yourself in awkward position in front of men is not acceptable in Islam.

Status
Not open for further replies.