Saudi women to get vote

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalaam walaikum,

Yes, Brother,

You speak the Truth. We are playing games with ourselves. What are we doing? We are as bad as those we ridicule.

We have lost our senses.

Has Allah not told us the necessity for marriage. The Prophet, ( The Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him ) showed us by example. He married old ones, he married young ones, he married divorced ones, he married abused ones, he married fat ones, he married thin ones, and he married young ones and he married widows and servants and slaves..Hello..anybody getting the clue?

We are told the average brother can not have the responsibility of more than four wives. Allah subhana wal tala has made the faith ease to follow. Brothers, why do you fear this sunna?

Sisters, where do I start with us. We argue about hijab. We play with the idea of niqab. We want education and liberation. We want it all. We forget our sisters.

In the greater scheme of things voting and driving are so trivial. How about dedicating some time to organizing a food/medicine drive for the local community. The Mothers of the Believers were active women. They were responsible women.

Sometimes, I think we need to reeducate ourselves to reflect on what these pious women thought and did. We would look like silly little girls,

I pray I did not offend anyone for speaking my heart.

dear sister,i have alot to say on your views,but dont want to get inargument,,,so ill think carefully and try to wrtie an intelligent reply

sclavus

Praise to Allah.

Sister esperanza, you'll find for yourself the safest/shortest way to go outside. Be it in a car or otherwise.

SA or other Muslim countries are different. If you have a fancy car and have the ability to get a driver you have no reason to be shopping all the time. The problem with Saudi women is too much money. They don't know how to spend it for their benefit. It is spoiling their morals.

You know the best thing to do. You have had the wisdom and courage to revert and fight, you'll have the wisdom to continue inchallah.

Regards.

Sister Aapa, that was a good post.

Allah subhanah created men and women and knows what is best for them. If He lets a man marry up to four women, there are good reasons behind it. Notice that despite the fact that they were extremely poor, monogamy was rare among the companions of the Prophet. Nowadays, devout sisters tell you that monogamy is a condition for marriage... They put it bluntly as a clause in a contract. At least, it's the trend in my country.

I hope for a better tomorrow for the Muslim woman. She is the key to a perfect Islamic society. The West knows it full well...That is the reason why the main target is the woman.

Assalaam.

esperanza

revert of many years
Praise to Allah.

Sister esperanza, you'll find for yourself the safest/shortest way to go outside. Be it in a car or otherwise.

SA or other Muslim countries are different. If you have a fancy car and have the ability to get a driver you have no reason to be shopping all the time. The problem with Saudi women is too much money. They don't know how to spend it for their benefit. It is spoiling their morals.

You know the best thing to do. You have had the wisdom and courage to revert and fight, you'll have the wisdom to continue inchallah.

Regards.

Sister Aapa, that was a good post.

Allah subhanah created men and women and knows what is best for them. If He lets a man marry up to four women, there are good reasons behind it. Notice that despite the fact that they were extremely poor, monogamy was rare among the companions of the Prophet. Nowadays, devout sisters tell you that monogamy is a condition for marriage... They put it bluntly as a clause in a contract. At least, it's the trend in my country.

I hope for a better tomorrow for the Muslim woman. She is the key to a perfect Islamic society. The West knows it full well...That is the reason why the main target is the woman.

Assalaam.[/QUOT

salam brother..my point is not shopping or not shopping...but about practicalities if you are not a woman wiht a driver,or have noone to thake you anywhere

and yes iknow in saudi women shop too much and spend spend spend...i would gladly do something much beeter wiht my time if ihave the chance....\

but her icannot even take a healthy walk alone...yet can go to the shopping malls full of men and womne and join this love of materialism..

maybe you misunderstand me

as for polygamy..well that would need a long time to discuss
:hijabi:

esperanza

revert of many years
May Allah protect you and your family, sister. At home or in the jungle, outside.

shukran borther... i understand your views and what you mean about women.. but sometimes i feel that women are not just supposed to be at home,,,why cant they be outside to enjoy the beauty of life..i dont mena mixing working neglecting their families no,but to enjoy nature and beauty of wrld that Allah creasted for us

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

We can be outside..with our families. It is more fun. It is horrible to be alone. And that is the subtlety.

It is not a chauvinistic thing. That is where people are getting all bent out of shape. It is a protective thing.

Islam is all about the family. It is the one thing that is still about the family. Just watch when there is discussion about the evils in the world and you find out that the family has been broken down.

Now..from what I am detecting the brothers need to become men and take better care of their families. All they need to do is look at the example of the Prophet ( may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). He took his wives out. They walked; he introduced them to people, he rode with them.

It seems this whole voting thing is about a bunch of women who are bored. They want something to do. My concern is that it does not become an elite thing. Are all women going to be given the same opportunity.

And once again I stress why can we not concentrate on a more important issue. Like the outrageous number of political prisoners in KSA. Hey, sisters that is a good focus. Why are there so many political prisoners there. What have they done. What are the conditions of these prisoners. Are there any women? What are the numbers of the underage prisoners. Are they receiving the medical attention they need.

Marriage thing is simple. It is Sunna. The brothers need to man up. What is this thing in the contract you can only marry one wife. Who is in charge; the man? I do not recall ever reading anything in the lives of the sahaba that stated they signed contracts stipulating one wife. This is an economic emergency. This has nothing to do with love and happiness as defined by the duyna.

So while some people are discussing the issue of bored rich women wanting to drive; how about the other women who are trying to hold onto the Rope of Allah?

I pray the Saudi sisters get to vote. The test will be what do they do with it. I can tell you this much. The women here in the west did not do anything. Look at our economy. Its a joke.

esperanza

revert of many years
POLYGAMY

asalamalalykum
just a point that was touched upon by both the siter and the brother..
you said brother that many women in your ountry
stipulate will only marry if they are the only wife

but i know there are also many unmarried brohers in your country and other north african countries,and others looking for wives form europe,,,why so if there are unmarried women..why the need for plural marriages.let all unmarried brothers marry first...

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalaam walaikum,

We can be outside..with our families. It is more fun. It is horrible to be alone. And that is the subtlety.

It is not a chauvinistic thing. That is where people are getting all bent out of shape. It is a protective thing.

Islam is all about the family. It is the one thing that is still about the family. Just watch when there is discussion about the evils in the world and you find out that the family has been broken down.

Now..from what I am detecting the brothers need to become men and take better care of their families. All they need to do is look at the example of the Prophet ( may the Peace and Blessings of Allah be upon him). He took his wives out. They walked; he introduced them to people, he rode with them.

It seems this whole voting thing is about a bunch of women who are bored. They want something to do. My concern is that it does not become an elite thing. Are all women going to be given the same opportunity.

And once again I stress why can we not concentrate on a more important issue. Like the outrageous number of political prisoners in KSA. Hey, sisters that is a good focus. Why are there so many political prisoners there. What have they done. What are the conditions of these prisoners. Are there any women? What are the numbers of the underage prisoners. Are they receiving the medical attention they need.

Marriage thing is simple. It is Sunna. The brothers need to man up. What is this thing in the contract you can only marry one wife. Who is in charge; the man? I do not recall ever reading anything in the lives of the sahaba that stated they signed contracts stipulating one wife. This is an economic emergency. This has nothing to do with love and happiness as defined by the duyna.

So while some people are discussing the issue of bored rich women wanting to drive; how about the other women who are trying to hold onto the Rope of Allah?

I pray the Saudi sisters get to vote. The test will be what do they do with it. I can tell you this much. The women here in the west did not do anything. Look at our economy. Its a joke.

dear sister yes iagree wiht you on many things,,and yes the breakdown of the family is a major problem of the modern world..and spreading across the islamic world too,,,

but there are many unmarried borthers at least across the arab and north african world..in saudi alone thousnads of unmarried borhters from numerous arab countries...so let them marry first ,rahter than married men needing to take another wife,,

a problem espeially acrooss the gulf,is womne are beocoming more successful than men,and this means women are more selective in their marriage partenrs

and yes this problem will only be made worse as women gain more rights and independence

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

Lets look at the words we use.

You are looking from a perspective of a married woman. That is not the perspective I see.

And once again, my appeal is for Muslim brothers to follow Sunna. I am simply pointing out to Brothers, it's wake-up time. Letting unmarried brothers getting married first has nothing to do with Sunna. It is an individual responsibility.

Sister, Marie Antoinette stated when she was told of the dire conditions of the French to let them eat cake if they did not have bread. She could not understand they did not have the means of making bread.
Yes, there are many unmarried brothers as there are sisters. There are many solutions to this including plural wives which are within the parameters of Islam. That's all I am saying.

And how are women becoming more successful?
That is the false belief that the kuffir presented to their women and now the women are nothing but work horses. A woman is reduced to the economic unit of measure. So how can a Believing woman want to be reduced to making money? It doesn't work like that.

a_stranger

:salam2:

I think from islamic point of view succes is something else other than more money , good looking, fame, being more fashionable.........etc. in our world women are being taught to look at motherhood, work of house , caring for family .........as secondery issue ......while if we look islamically those jobs are Ibada kind of worship that make us close to Allah sobhanahu wa taala.
Islam put things in order ......making a happy secure family , raising good children ,should come first . islam cares very much about humans. Now i see many women are racing to look more attractive, more faishable .............while loosing the true meaning of life. We need to think again in our goals in this life , sometime we follow blindly without thinking ...

Ahsen

Arab women in the gulf countries are shopaholic.They go out unnecessarily to malls,cafes etc.They also get panicked very quickly.My school friend was killed by an arab woman while she was talking on her mobile phone,she took a wrong turn and hit my friend who was on a sports bike.It's not about culture for me.It's about accidents and traffic jams.

esperanza

revert of many years

I think from islamic point of view succes is something else other than more money , good looking, fame, being more fashionable.........etc. in our world women are being taught to look at motherhood, work of house , caring for family .........as secondery issue ......while if we look islamically those jobs are Ibada kind of worship that make us close to Allah sobhanahu wa taala.
Islam put things in order ......making a happy secure family , raising good children ,should come first . islam cares very much about humans. Now i see many women are racing to look more attractive, more faishable .............while loosing the true meaning of life. We need to think again in our goals in this life , sometime we follow blindly without thinking ...

sister a stranger and sister aapa... yes iknow islamically that sucess is more than money ,wealth ,looks,independence, iwas just pointing out the way things have become,,,or are beoming...and yes arab women are definitely shopaholics.
and iagree. that were losing sight of our true goals..i personally hate the obession with materialism shopping looks fashin spreading across the arab world.,..so please dont misunderstand me:hijabi:

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

There is no need to feel that there is any misunderstandings. I am trying to understand the obsessions with voting.
What good is voting when we pay no attention to the virtues of following the Sunna. That's simply my position.

Voting has done no good for the women where I live. The Saudi sisters should focus on the history of western women. It has not given us any more benefits than the liberation that is endemic to Islam.

sclavus

asalamalalykum
just a point that was touched upon by both the siter and the brother..
you said brother that many women in your ountry
stipulate will only marry if they are the only wife

but i know there are also many unmarried brohers in your country and other north african countries,and others looking for wives form europe,,,why so if there are unmarried women..why the need for plural marriages.let all unmarried brothers marry first...

To begin with, it's a ratio problem, sister. Even if every man marries two women there would be lots of singles. Not only in Algeria but world wide.

Algerian women are so greedy-save a few-that's why they don't get married till they approach their thirties. They want a husband with at least an apartment, a car and good wages, and no remarriage. And they love to work.

For that reason, many Algerians turn to revert European sisters. They love Islam and know it's value, They are more obedient, more Islamically devout and much less demanding. I know somebody who married an English sister, Caucasian and all of that. When he wanted to remarry she didn't object! Not at all.

This is quite remarkable from a revert sister. Any Algerian woman would not only object and disagree but would start a family war... some of them seem very devout, unfortunately.

What a sad reality.

Assalaam.

sclavus

:mashallah:​

esperanza

revert of many years
To begin with, it's a ratio problem, sister. Even if every man marries two women there would be lots of singles. Not only in Algeria but world wide.

Algerian women are so greedy-save a few-that's why they don't get married till they approach their thirties. They want a husband with at least an apartment, a car and good wages, and no remarriage. And they love to work.

For that reason, many Algerians turn to revert European sisters. They love Islam and know it's value, They are more obedient, more Islamically devout and much less demanding. I know somebody who married an English sister, Caucasian and all of that. When he wanted to remarry she didn't object! Not at all.

This is quite remarkable from a revert sister. Any Algerian woman would not only object and disagree but would start a family war... some of them seem very devout, unfortunately.

What a sad reality.

Assalaam.

salam ,
yes irealise that women are beoming more greedy ,not just in algeria,but other north african countrries ,and across the arab world,which is a sad thing,and want a husband with a certain job,certain car,perfeccct home,and overlook the most important things,,,
whereas i guess many reveert sisters are looking for the pious honest kind deccent husband,they are not materially motivated

having seen how moeny can affext people, iwould rather have a kind decent honest religious husband than all the money in the world...

but istill ibelieve let the singles find singles ,before they take seccond wives,unless of ccourse in countries like iraq and palestine,where beccause of war ,there is a severe shortage of men,,,

:hijabi:

a_stranger

Dear sister Esperanza
I understand you , most of your posts are inspiring ......i feel your sincerity and faith through your words may Allah bless you and your family . i think that muslem women are facing a very difficult trials, Dunya are draging people ......i think it is natural that women hate Polygamy but it is solution to many problems in our societies and all societies ........we need to fight our selfishness.

esperanza

revert of many years
Dear sister Esperanza
I understand you , most of your posts are inspiring ......i feel your sincerity and faith through your words may Allah bless you and your family . i think that muslem women are facing a very difficult trials, Dunya are draging people ......i think it is natural that women hate Polygamy but it is solution to many problems in our societies and all societies ........we need to fight our selfishness.

thank you sister....yes muslim women are facing great diffiulties...i hope we can all become stronger and return to the real islam inshalla

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Be careful about making generalizations.

There are many scholars who are of the opinion that a man must marry a born Muslim before a revert.

Many reverts still carry-over many of the ideas of the duyna. This can lead to problems in marriage.

I am struck by the fact that men want to marry non-Muslim European sisters. The reversion is after the marriage or for the sake of the marriage. Which lends to meeting prior to the marriage .I find it funny. Here we are discussing Saudi women voting..and the brothers justify marrying a woman of the man who is an enemy of your sisters. Look at the French and Swiss at this moment.

We really should start focusing on our brothers. It is time for them to wake up.

Brothers what are you doing..you are not manning up.

esperanza

revert of many years
Assalaam walaikum,

Be careful about making generalizations.

There are many scholars who are of the opinion that a man must marry a born Muslim before a revert.

Many reverts still carry-over many of the ideas of the duyna. This can lead to problems in marriage.

I am struck by the fact that men want to marry non-Muslim European sisters. The reversion is after the marriage or for the sake of the marriage. Which lends to meeting prior to the marriage .I find it funny. Here we are discussing Saudi women voting..and the brothers justify marrying a woman of the man who is an enemy of your sisters. Look at the French and Swiss at this moment.

We really should start focusing on our brothers. It is time for them to wake up.

Brothers what are you doing..you are not manning up.

sister.. interesting points...

yes there are many think a man should marry a born muslim even if already has a revert wife
but careful to generalise about marrying non muslim sisters

yes admittedly how do they meet,,without some kind of inter mixing,,,
but on the other hand this man can be the case of a woman becoming muslim so cant be a bad thing
and are you now calling western women the enemy???