Secular or Oppresive?

visionusman

being content
Assalamualaikum all. Please allow me to share an annoying experience. On a recent visit to Paris, I once had to pray in Public. I do know that France is a very secular state, but did not think that praying quietly in a park would offend the French secular society. Fortunately on my last visit there I did not need to perform salaat outside and there fore did not really know how the French people felt about such an act.

Any way I was performing my prayers in a quiet corner at the Jardine de Luxembourg when a guard in uniform came and started shouting "no religion, no religion" several times. As I was praying I naturally didn't stop. A friend was standing besides me and not praying. This friend later told me the gaurd was abt to kick me but the friend interrupted him and said that we were just about to leave. This might be because the Jardine as you know is next to the national aassembly. But kicking some one is still assault. Isn't it? Don't we have a right as human beings to practice our religion if it doesn't affect any one else? I don't think any police man in the UK would ever do that.

Other than this incident the French people were really nice and I don't want to give an impression here that the French are nasty because they aren't. I just shared this to ask my French friends what the law says there and why I offended the gaurd.

Globalpeace

Banned
The French!

Asslamo Allaikum,

A friend of mine went to a course in France and while on the course in the hotel, there were NO vegetarian items on the menu so he kept taking a taxi to the nearest place and eating at lunch.

The French took great offence at this when they found out and complained to his Boss (back in UK)…UK HR were simply shocked at the French and they lodged a complain to the HQ and the French were MADE to change their policies towards International employees who visit France….

French are nice people but I find them less understanding then the British…I find that they don’t EVEN attempt to understand other people’s culture and sensitivities!

Now making a controversial point here….I have seen how Muslims behave in France and I can see why the French don’t like the Muslims!

um muhammad al-mahdi

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول الله
Staff member
salam

:salam2:

mmm...my experience in France hasn't been nice either!...Nothing like this happened to me, alhamdulillah, but every time I have been there I've been really "sick" to have these people looking at me like "from the moon"...but anyway then it was in Paris...
I've been in other European countries and nowhere has been like in France..I don't know.They should just "open" a bit their mind...

Asmaa82

Really? :confused:

I didn't know this. I love France and even learned their language. hmmm...not good for me, huh... :girl3:

This is a good information though. Should we not ask our French Muslim brothers and sisters here..

And Globalpeace, Im kind of intrigued also on what you noted:

"Now making a controversial point here….I have seen how Muslims behave in France and I can see why the French don’t like the Muslims!"

:muslim_child:

Globalpeace

Banned
Europeans and their attitudes!

Asslamo Allaikum,

French do need to open up a bit; no doubt. Bulgarians and Greek are equally funny with Muslims...Most Eastern Europeans and newly acquired EU states are funny with Muslims (historical baggage; I suppose)

Irish are way cool (Dublin rocks if you are a practising Muslim with a wife in Niqab/Hijab!); Swiss are cool too...

Italians & Spanish are tolerable;

Germans are reserved & don't bug you much & mostly leave you alone....

Dutch are great once you build a relationship with them!

English, Scottish and Welsh are cool with a weird sense of humour (it’s actually funny once you get it!)

Turkish are happy-chappies as well IF you are NOT AN ARAB...Boy! they don't like Arabs and let you know about it! (Yes, they are ethnically and geographically Europeans, doesn't matter what the EU says!)

The most tolerable place in Europe is no doubt UK!

Danish & Finnish are a bit funny but Norwegians are cool...

In my experience if you are a CHATY-PERSON (like me) just about everyone except the French (& some others) are cool & talk about all sorts of stuff; its great to stay in Student places & travel in public transport in Europe.

As far as my comments about Muslims in France are concerned; visit France, travel on the weekends and see/judge for yourself on the roads for hundreds of miles!

Despite all the negative points; I still LOVE Europe and Europeans and RATE them higher then the Yankees (Americans) in the Kewl &Fun factor!

P.S: O! And the Europeans definitely know how to dress unlike the yankees and they are NOT usually FAT or obese!

Really? :confused:

I didn't know this. I love France and even learned their language. hmmm...not good for me, huh... :girl3:

This is a good information though. Should we not ask our French Muslim brothers and sisters here..

And Globalpeace, Im kind of intrigued also on what you noted:

"Now making a controversial point here….I have seen how Muslims behave in France and I can see why the French don’t like the Muslims!"

:muslim_child:

justoneofmillion

assalam,lol....europeans may not like muslims but their women acctually do ,espescially the young ones so who cares about the dudes or the gouvernments anyways? like brother deedat said get them four at a time , multiply the ummah and increase muslom votes...lol just kidding am half European myself!:SMILY303:

I agree with what Gp said about the Germans they generally leave one alone
one must differentiate between what the medias portray and how the people actually are Germans are really correct and straight people in general in contrary to the more ambiguous french ,spanish,italians,british,greek,Americans..etc however this is related to my personal experience i don`t intend and i wouldn`t generalize.

wassalam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
Asslamo Allaikum,

French do need to open up a bit; no doubt. Bulgarians and Greek are equally funny with Muslims...Most Eastern Europeans and newly acquired EU states are funny with Muslims (historical baggage; I suppose)

Irish are way cool (Dublin rocks if you are a practising Muslim with a wife in Niqab/Hijab!); Swiss are cool too...

English, Scottish and Welsh are cool with a weird sense of humour (it’s actually funny once you get it!)

Turkish are happy-chappies as well IF you are NOT AN ARAB...Boy! they don't like Arabs and let you know about it! (Yes, they are ethnically and geographically Europeans, doesn't matter what the EU says!)

In my experience if you are a CHATY-PERSON (like me) just about everyone except the French (& some others) are cool & talk about all sorts of stuff; its great to stay in Student places & travel in public transport in Europe.

As far as my comments about Muslims in France are concerned; visit France, travel on the weekends and see/judge for yourself on the roads for hundreds of miles!

Despite all the negative points; I still LOVE Europe and Europeans and RATE them higher then the Yankees (Americans) in the Kewl &Fun factor!

P.S: O! And the Europeans definitely know how to dress unlike the yankees and they are NOT usually FAT or obese!

BOO !!!!! Americans are much cooler

kayleigh

It's definitely possible to go too far with being secular, which I think France has done in some cases. They've crossed the line. You don't have to ban religion to keep a secular government.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

Now Brother GP...I will make an apology for the Americans...we don't need to know how to dress...or talk...or walk...we have the benjamins.
we can't help that we are fat...processed foods and growth hormones injected into everything...
we will always say hello...something that the french don't know anything about..
right about now..we have baseball...you mean people actually pray????

apocalypse77

assalam,lol....europeans may not like muslims but their women acctually do ,espescially the young ones so who cares about the dudes or the gouvernments anyways? like brother deedat said get them four at a time , multiply the ummah and increase muslom votes...lol just kidding am half European myself!:SMILY303:

I agree with what Gp said about the Germans they generally leave one alone
one must differentiate between what the medias portray and how the people actually are Germans are really correct and straight people in general in contrary to the more ambiguous french ,spanish,italians,british,greek,Americans..etc however this is related to my personal experience i don`t intend and i wouldn`t generalize.

wassalam

actually, i got a couple of non muslim friends who told me alot of non muslim woman really like the characteristics and integrity of a muslim men ( you know , they dont give in to lust easily and they lower their gaze etc)..but i doubt it means theyre really really attracted to muslim men..they just acknowledge that fact though..haha

apocalypse77

lol!! i thought europeans regard muslims as "aliens"..did u actually tell ur non muslim friends that ure a muslim? o_o

Asslamo Allaikum,

kayleigh

actually, i got a couple of non muslim friends who told me alot of non muslim woman really like the characteristics and integrity of a muslim men ( you know , they dont give in to lust easily and they lower their gaze etc)..but i doubt it means theyre really really attracted to muslim men..they just acknowledge that fact though..haha

Haha, one time my best friend told me she wanted to marry a Muslim guy, though I think it was partially because she thought Muslim = Arab and Pakistani, always, and she liked the pretty colors and jewelry went along with traditional weddings in those cultures, lol.

justoneofmillion

assalam,brother with all the respect due to you trust me they do just come to my school! non muslim women are attracted to anything! they won`t even leave a fly alone espescially the young ones,students...etc you have to understand that Altough Europe is Multicultural and mixed but not as much as America for example!so they kinda Associate Muslims with foreigners. and they love foreigners donno why:confused:so if you wanna Mary bro come here!we will find you a convertable young and chaste lady you only have to pick them early enough though:biggrin: inschallah! i find Canada to be more conservative somehow but Europe is crazy brother even Stevie Wonder wouldn`t feel safe here..:biggrin: just kidding.Allah swt hafiz

konrad16660

wow, not many brownie points on this post for americans huh? I guess even though I live in the United States the US does deserve to be ripped on. Yunno, them systematically trying to extinguish muslims and their overall lack of understanding and bigotry towards them. Oh yea....it was me that wasn't standing for the national anthem tonight at the ballgame. hehe nm rip on the united states as much as you want.

justoneofmillion

assalam,dear friend we have nothing against the American people or any other people as such. this whole univers belongs to Allah.......it is the "Fox" and other medias that make it seem that way
and sets the platform for gouvernments to demonize and dehumanize muslims to achieve their criminal aims.welcome:shake:

Globalpeace

Banned
Asslamo Allaikum,

This thread is cracking me up now!

There are some replies from yankees trying to defend themselves and actually saying that they are cool, know how to dress etc...

Come on... You guys call Corvette a performance car! :)

I have a full-length beard so its obvious that I am a Muslim to everyone (or weird at aleast!)

Non-Muslim women (European & American) go for Muslims because we are different; its human nature...

a) Its easy pessy to pick-up a girl and VERY HARD to avoid being in a Haram relationship and please Allah (SWT)....

b) In my experience MOST Non-Muslim girls will also look favourbaly at Islam if they are in a relationship with a Muslim....

Both a & b SHOULD be avoided like black-plague!

This attraction has nothing to do with Islam because most Muslim guys are NOT good examples in their lives...

Non-Muslim girls are slightly more tolerant then the rest of the society; read the history of slavery in America and you will know....

P.S: I am not ripping Americans (I am one myself!) I am commenting on their sense of fashion and fitness levels!...Get a reality check, yankees!:) :) :)

apocalypse77

assalam,brother with all the respect due to you trust me they do just come to my school! non muslim women are attracted to anything! they won`t even leave a fly alone espescially the young ones,students...etc you have to understand that Altough Europe is Multicultural and mixed but not as much as America for example!so they kinda Associate Muslims with foreigners. and they love foreigners donno why:confused:so if you wanna Mary bro come here!we will find you a convertable young and chaste lady you only have to pick them early enough though:biggrin: inschallah! i find Canada to be more conservative somehow but Europe is crazy brother even Stevie Wonder wouldn`t feel safe here..:biggrin: just kidding.Allah swt hafiz

lol..u m

ake it seem as if non muslim women are are attracted to men 24/7..well, the same can be for muslim women too..but since islam teaches us to lower our gaze uve to admit the muslim women prolly are attracted to men in a more subtle way..i mean women are attracted to men adn vice versa..im not saying islam = misogyny btw

justoneofmillion

lol..u m

ake it seem as if non muslim women are are attracted to men 24/7..well, the same can be for muslim women too..but since islam teaches us to lower our gaze uve to admit the muslim women prolly are attracted to men in a more subtle way..i mean women are attracted to men adn vice versa..im not saying islam = misogyny btw
assalam,Tu as raison mon frère!you are right Islam is the filter to the whole pic bro no one needs the negativs they usually end up in dusty drawers anyways alhamdulillah! read sura Al qiyama daily( in Arabic!) feel the irresistable. thrilling beauty and you `ll learn to lower your gaze since death never does it only sleeps with one eye.:wink:

ps.three days ago i even yelled at my neighbour for that! telling her to dress more when she knocks at my door i know am bold but that`s the way it is next time i`ll shoot her ....lol Allah swt hafiz

Quratulaine

Asslamo Allaikum,

A friend of mine went to a course in France and while on the course in the hotel, there were NO vegetarian items on the menu so he kept taking a taxi to the nearest place and eating at lunch.

The French took great offence at this when they found out and complained to his Boss (back in UK)…UK HR were simply shocked at the French and they lodged a complain to the HQ and the French were MADE to change their policies towards International employees who visit France….

French are nice people but I find them less understanding then the British…I find that they don’t EVEN attempt to understand other people’s culture and sensitivities!

Now making a controversial point here….I have seen how Muslims behave in France and I can see why the French don’t like the Muslims!

:salam2:

i definately agree with you! here in france they are definately closed minded. however...i must say that in france it is great being a muslim...since there are tons of stores with islamic books, halal meat, there are so many mosques and conferences for muslims, there are many stores selling hijabs for women....(well...i think in some parts of france...this is not the case) it's just that hijab is banned from the workplace....:girl3: there are alot of good muslims in france too...

i can also understand why the french wouldn't like muslims...since they associate the bad behavior of some individuals and think it reflects the teachings of islam....

:wasalam: