So what is it?

Valerie

:salam2:

So I noticed that things are a little ... tense here (in a couple of threads)... I've contributed, unfortunately. So I want to make a positive thread. While nothing in the world is always positive, I'd like to make an attempt at a thread here...

So, I ask everyone, what is your FAVORITE thing about Islam? It could be a quote, or prayer, or fasting or art... Whatever.

Share what is the single most positive thing about your faith. That's what I enjoy hearing and I think it would be good because this site can turn people to Islam, and new folks can see what blessings you have to share with them :)

~Valerie

Ashima33

Wasalaam, lady

You are so brilliant =D

I love the emphasis of one-ness and unity of our religion. This is something we must always strive for.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال

Share what is the single most positive thing about your faith.

Waalaykummusalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

The single most positive thing about my faith: :)

is that Allaah is sufficient for me in every matters of this life. Be it a wish, at times of calamities, when I'm just feeling happy enough for everything in my life - Allaah, our Lord is always there; waiting for us to beg, to ask from Him sincerely, to supplicate and to be grateful to Him for everything He has provided for us in this world. Even knowing that I am able to wake up today, to make betterment of myself and be closer to Allaah are such a blessing.

Rasoolullah (sallallahu 'alaihi wasallam) said, "Were you to put your complete trust in Allaah, He would provide for you as He provides for the birds. They issue forth hungry in the morning and return filled in the evening." [At-Tirmithi]

"And rely upon Allaah; and sufficient is Allaah as Disposer of affairs." [33:3]

The more we ask for a request/wish from a human being, the more that person will be bore/annoy by us. But the more we ask/make dua'a to Allaah Azza wa jalla, the more He will give us.

"And [remember] when your Lord proclaimed, 'If you are grateful, I will surely increase you [in favor]; but if you deny, indeed, My punishment is severe.' " [14:7]

That would be enough for now inshaAllaah.

Nice thread, Sis Val.

Wa'alaykummusalam wa rahmatullah.

Munawar

Striving for Paradise

Sister Valerie...... You are great !!!

You have a unique way of doing things. :ma: May Allah bless you a lot and give you lots of eemaan and taqwa. Ameen!

The thing I like most about Islam is its simplicity. It has to be..... because it is from our creator.

But I think your question is: "What is your FAVORITE thing about Islam?"

It should be Salaah (the prayers), we perform it 5 times a day. :salah:
But I think reading Quran and remembering Allah is probably a more FAVORITE thing for me.

:wasalam:

Waseem203

Young Muslim
Salam Valerie.

My favourite thing about Islam is the Quran. This is because it is a living miracle from Allah and the words are so touching. Truly, it is a spiritual aid... :)

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
:salam2:wa rahamtullahi wa baraktuhu:)

brilliant idea my sis:SMILY252:but couldn't ypu think of a more tougher Q then this:)for me it's a tie between a lot of things!!.........can't decide right now!!

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam alaikum

Jazakallahu Khair for this thread,mashaa'Allah

We(beleivers) are the best of the Humankind,inshaa'Allah and Allah has delared it...Alhamdulillah...summa Alhamdulillah....and the good news is we are informed about this great news...mashaa'Allah Alhamdulillah....that whats I like the most.

The Oneness of Allah SWT, the most logical thing of our religion.
Allah is The One,He is not like anything,He begets not,nor begotten....

My religion is the pin perfect Alhamdulillah....not a single issue is of doubt....
and I'm proud to be a MUSLIM, Alhamdulillah ...summa Alhamdulillah..

Barakallahu feeke
wassalam

Kakorot

Nice thread sis.

I like how Islam is not just a religion, but a way of life. From the time we wake up, till the time we go to sleep, Islam tells us how to live. It covers all aspects of our lives, mashaAllaah.

phy_sabet

who strive hard
peace upon you all

it was so long time since my last post here in TTI so first of all i want to say

May GOD bless all members and always use and never to replace

ya sister I admire your thread so much and for me its too difficult to specify

only one. so i found two things related to each other

love for the sake of great ALLAH that results in doing your best to drive

happiness into the beloved`s heart .may be that because i haven`t met

my beloved brothers due to work affairs really i miss them so much but trust me

that`s the unique worship In Islam.

kayleigh

It is this hadith:

Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah, the Almighty, says: "Whoever does a good deed, will have (reward) ten times like it, and I will add more; and whosoever does an evil, will have a punishment like it or I will forgive (him); and whosoever approaches me by one span, I will approach him by one cubit; and whosoever approaches Me by one cubit, I will approach him by one fathom, and whosoever comes to Me walking, I go to him running; and whosoever meets Me with an earth load of sins without associating anything with Me, I meet him with forgiveness like that." -Sahih Muslim

I think of it whenever I'm having a tough time or having any doubts.

revert2007

Love Fishing
Assalamualikum my dear Sister Valerie :hearts:

Well I should say ONESS OF THE CREATOR.

If I didn't find Allah,I wouldn't be a Muslim :).

But if you ask me the things I like the most about Islam is the Salah and Hijab :)

Have a great day :SMILY259:
Assalamualikum

alf2

Islam is a way of life

Nice thread sis.

I like how Islam is not just a religion, but a way of life. From the time we wake up, till the time we go to sleep, Islam tells us how to live. It covers all aspects of our lives, mashaAllaah.

I agree. Subhan'Allah.

BADTASTEBEARS

Fear Allah
I love how Allah guides and protects us in every second of our lives even when we're asleep, He's there looking after us. Who's serving who now? Be asahmed.

Ashima33

It is this hadith:

Abu Dharr (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "Allah, the Almighty, says: "Whoever does a good deed, will have (reward) ten times like it, and I will add more; and whosoever does an evil, will have a punishment like it or I will forgive (him); and whosoever approaches me by one span, I will approach him by one cubit; and whosoever approaches Me by one cubit, I will approach him by one fathom, and whosoever comes to Me walking, I go to him running; and whosoever meets Me with an earth load of sins without associating anything with Me, I meet him with forgiveness like that." -Sahih Muslim

I think of it whenever I'm having a tough time or having any doubts.

I am in love with this.

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu alaikum,

Its hard to choose something specific but I would say its the simplicity of the belief i.e. Tawheed (Oneness of God) and thus relief from a millions of confusions.

"Allâh puts forth a similitude: a (slave) man belonging to many partners (like those who worship others along with Allâh) disputing with one another, and a (slave) man belonging entirely to one master, (like those who worship Allâh Alone). Are those two equal in comparison? All the praises and thanks are to Allâh! But most of them know not. (29)"
[Az-Zumar]

and that I do not the intermediaries to reach Allah.

When My servants ask thee concerning Me, I am indeed close (to them); I listen to the prayer of every suppliant when he calleth on Me; let them also with a will listen to My call and believe in Me; that they may walk in the right way. (186)
[Al-Baqarah]

P.S. Jazaki Allah sister Kayleigh, I was in need of that hadith.:) I am feeling better already.

muharram23

Staff member
Salamu alaykum

that we are from the ummah of the prophet :saw:. We are the ummah that came the last but will enter paradise the first. Also, that Allah has guided us to practice the sunnah of the prophet :saw: to love the companions and wives of the prophet :saw:. Also, foremost that Allah has blessed us with tawhid and only obeying and worshipping Him Azawajal without any partners. That Allah gave me and others to understand His Names and Attributes the way He subhanahu wet'ala wants us to understand.

May Allah give us all understanding of seen

ameen

wassalam

ProudToBeaMuslim

Asslamualikum,

I think my favorite part is the certainity. You are certain that you are on the right path, that whatever comes from Islam is the right thing. Unlike the Non Muslims, who are lost and rely on vague philosophies, quote random and exaggerated things like how they will sacrifice their lives for love, friendship. I sometimes really wonder how do they survive without the truth in all that chaos!

This Picture sums it all up:

-
islam_strange.jpg

Edit:

Lol.....Did anybody notice the irony in my first sentance?