Speaking Arabic is a Crime!!

shaheeda35

strive4Jannah
:salam2:
The world we live in, Ya Allah!! Glad I'm just passing through!

Woman's gripe delays flight to Chicago overnight
Norman Parish, Chicago Sun-Times, 8/30/07
http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/534860,CST-NWS-air30.article

A woman who complained that some fellow passengers spoke Arabic and "had odd behavior" prevented a Chicago-bound American Airlines flight from departing San Diego, police said Wednesday.

Flight 590, scheduled to depart at 11 p.m. Tuesday, left its gate about 11:15 but returned to the boarding area after the woman, who was traveling with at least one child, indicated she wanted to get off the airplane. The flight then was unable to make Lindbergh Field's 11:30 p.m. curfew for departures, said Irene McCormack, a spokeswoman for the San Diego Harbor Police.

The flight, carrying 126 passengers, was rescheduled for midmorning Wednesday and arrived in Chicago in the afternoon, an American Airlines spokesman said.

McCormack said it is unusual for planes to return to the gate. She said it's usually for medical and mechanical problems or a disturbance.

The woman first complained to the flight crew that four to seven men were possibly speaking Arabic in the boarding area. The woman added that they "had odd behavior." The crew decided to return to the boarding area because the woman indicated she wanted off the plane.

The American Airlines spokesman indicated the plane returned to its gates because of a dispute between passengers. The spokesman didn't provide details on the dispute.

A Transportation Security Administration spokeswoman said it returned because of "suspicious activity on board the plane."

Ahmed Rehab, executive director of the Council on American-Islamic Relations in Chicago, was upset about the airline's actions. He said television reporters told him that six Iraqi Americans were detained after a passenger became uncomfortable with the men speaking Arabic.

"It is one thing to flag suspicious behavior, but to flag a global language? We are deplaning people for who they are, not what they do," Rehab said.

The Associated Press reported Defense Training Systems had hired the men to train U.S. Marines at Camp Pendleton in California.

McCormack said no one was detained in the incident.

mohammed07

Its really sad, to see the way one is discriminated against, for speaking or believing as certain way. This is what comes from being uneducated, may Allah have mercy on show them the right path.

virtualeye

Tamed Brother
Assalaamualaikum,

I wonder if some person, while in the plane in a middle east country, will object that some western person is speaking English and behaving odd, so that the flight can be delayed or cancelled. It will be really solacing for me if they deay such flight for these extremely stupid and racist people.

Wassalaam

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman

man, how racist can you be? i don't approve of this but i understand someone feeling a little uneasy if arabs are on a plane; only because the media has shaped peoples mind to fear arabs. it's a sad reality that people prejudge all arabs because of 9/11. but it's true ignorance to cause a frenzy just because you hear someone speaking arabic. whoever reported this stuff to the airlines really needs to check themself, get rid of that hatred that they have.

i feel terrible for the arabs that were insulted at the airport.

:wasalam:

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullaahi wabarakatuhu,

haha This is really funny. It just shows how unintelligent people could be. I remember the comedian Azhar Usman said, "If I were a fundamental extremists about to a hijack an airplane...This is not the disguise I'd go with (points at his beard)." :D That guy wouldn't speak arabic on an airplane if he was some hijacker.

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
Assalamu alaikum warahmatullaahi wabarakatuhu,

haha This is really funny. It just shows how unintelligent people could be. I remember the comedian Azhar Usman said, "If I were a fundamental extremists about to a hijack an airplane...This is not the disguise I'd go with (points at his beard)." :D That guy wouldn't speak arabic on an airplane if he was some hijacker.

lol i agree. It is because of the media that has been thrown at us that some people are scared to travel by air if there are Arabic speaking men on there.... so sad

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
lol i agree. It is because of the media that has been thrown at us that some people are scared to travel by air if there are Arabic speaking men on there.... so sad

I pity them . They are so scared to die....
What a pitiful life can someone can have

most jews and christ in middle east speak also in arabic language.

whats about them?

After some days this goverment will kill those people who use to speak in arabic language.

ama6621

It would have been really hilarious if these people had turned out to be arabic speaking jews or christians :)

apocalypse77

america has become a freedom of its own undoing..so much for freedom of expression, they dont have any freedom anymore :)

Lol you got to be kidding me haha i really find this hilarious. I was once told that paranoia is luck of self-esteem or something down that line. Now I know why.

Sounds like she was scared of the people speaking in Arabic…I hate to break to her but people only die once and only when there time is up whether on a plane full of passengers speaking Arabic or somewhere in Hawaii beach.

jabba

Salafi Dawah is the best
InshAllah I'm going to learn to speak arabic fluently in Syria, lol I'll make sure to speak it in ALL public places with my husband, esp on the flight home heheheh

justoneofmillion

InshAllah I'm going to learn to speak arabic fluently in Syria, lol I'll make sure to speak it in ALL public places with my husband, esp on the flight home heheheh
assalam,sister i love the avatar you got ,any planes to print it on t shirts?i would love to have one am a fan!:)

wassalam
ps.of all the languages i have learned until now,Arabic is the most beautiful,the most eloquent charming and harmonious language i know, not even French comes close to it,Arabic is my favorite language.

Sindbad happy like a kid with a new toy episode