The Benifit of Trials

PARVEZ SHAHIDI

Assalamu allaicum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Believers will always be tested by Allah subhanahu wa taala and we always ask Allah subhanahu wa taala for easy tests which we will pass easily.

I do not know whether tests make our faith stronger or not but, I know, if during test we "stay on the path of truth and have patience" we will be rewarded immensely either here or hereafter or in both.

Test may come in the form of hardship or ease. Here is a true story.

I know a muslim person(electrical engineer) for many years who came from a southeast Asian country in Canada. He was not a namazi person. He struggle for long time but no success. Then he went to a university and did degree in computer science. But he did not get any good job(may be due to his age) only contract jobs here six months, there four months.

He turned into a very namazi person. He started praying all prayers. Even when he is traveling and prayer time came up he would stop his car and pray inside his car.

Suddenly he got a very good permanent job with a very big company in USA.

He bought a big house with interest.

He strayed away from the path of truth and have failed the test. If he continues in this path then on The Day, when every deeds will be shown, he might think, it would have been better if he never got the job.

We always ask Allah subhanahu wa taala for easy tests so that we can pass them easily.

When we try to go near Allah subhanahu wa taala HE tests us more, some times with difficulty and sometimes with ease.

We should not ask for difficult test to increase any thing.

May Allah subhanahu wa taala forgive me if I have written something wrong.

My english is not good so forgive me if I am not clear.

Wa alaikumassalam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu my brothers and sisters in islam.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamun Aleykum,

Sister, i have to disagree with you here. All that black magic,evil eye stuff has no basis in islam. It is from pre islamic beleifs.

Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaah,

On the contrary, brother. Evil eye is something recognized in Islaam but we seek protection from Allaah only from all the evil eye, black magic and shirk that people do asking "aid" from His makhlooq (jinn, shaytaan). Meaning that it does exist up until today.

What is the definition of the evil eye.

I attached a good book on "Protect Yourself from the jinn and Shaytaan", inshaa Allaah a book based upon authentic daleel. It'll helps us to know our enemy better.

:wasalam:

Attachments

• How to Protect Yourself From Jinn And Shaytaan.pdf
    14.1 MB · Views: 14

Precious Star

Wa`alaykum as-salaam wa rahmatullaah,

On the contrary, brother. Evil eye is something recognized in Islaam but we seek protection from Allaah only from all the evil eye, black magic and shirk that people do asking "aid" from His makhlooq (jinn, shaytaan). Meaning that it does exist up until today.

What is the definition of the evil eye.

I attached a good book on "Protect Yourself from the jinn and Shaytaan", inshaa Allaah a book based upon authentic daleel. It'll helps us to know our enemy better.

I think everyone needs to look at this evil eye theory very closely. The link above suggests that the evil eye is a magic spell of sorts, cast over a person.

There are no magic spells in Islam. EVERYTHING is from Allah -- what do you think, the "evil eye" is greater than the power of Allah? We do not believe in Islam that an entity other than Allah is in charge of our affairs. The evil eye is a concept, it is a metaphor for the evil around us which then permeates our own souls. We have control over the extent to which we allow evil to corrupt us.

A human being is unable to cast a spell. There are no witches or sorcerers in Islam. There are no spells or voodoo in Islam. The only thing that changes Qadar is dua -- refer to the hadith earlier in this thread.

I think everyone needs to look at this evil eye theory very closely. The link above suggests that the evil eye is a magic spell of sorts, cast over a person.

There are no magic spells in Islam. EVERYTHING is from Allah -- what do you think, the "evil eye" is greater than the power of Allah? We do not believe in Islam that an entity other than Allah is in charge of our affairs. The evil eye is a concept, it is a metaphor for the evil around us which then permeates our own souls. We have control over the extent to which we allow evil to corrupt us.

A human being is unable to cast a spell. There are no witches or sorcerers in Islam. There are no spells or voodoo in Islam. The only thing that changes Qadar is dua -- refer to the hadith earlier in this thread.

Magic at the time of Moses was a thing of illusion. The Pharaoh's magicians were only skilled at playing mind games. However, during the time of Solomon, Allaah had sent down angels Harut and Marut. They taught the people of Babylon magic, which could 1) separate man from wife and 2) cause harm only if Allaah permits it.

This sort of evil, unforgivable magic is found in the Jewish book, the Kabala. may Allaah damn all who practice it

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
when I was(alas) among the disbelievers,we talked often about that "kabala".I didn't know it exactly,but I sometimes asked to use it to know something about my future.I only now know that it is used to make balck magic.
maybe it's right for me to pay my dues,facing everyday a trial.I was really ignorant

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
I guess we're going off topic but for those of you who say evil eye/black magic, jinn possessions etc. doesn't exist, my question to you is, do you not believe in the hadiths of the prophet? Sister IslamAmerica has provided a sahih hadith on the topic and you still insist there are no such things in Islam. To deny the Prophet's hadiths are as dangerous as denying the Quran.

"It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error." sura ahzab:36

Precious Star

I guess we're going off topic but for those of you who say evil eye/black magic, jinn possessions etc. doesn't exist, my question to you is, do you not believe in the hadiths of the prophet? Sister IslamAmerica has provided a sahih hadith on the topic and you still insist there are no such things in Islam. To deny the Prophet's hadiths are as dangerous as denying the Quran.

"It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error." sura ahzab:36

We are going off topic, but in response to your post, I have two comments:

1. How do you reconcile the hadiths with the numerous numerous instances in the Quran that says only Allah is in charge of our affairs, and if any calamity hits a person it is due to their own actions?

2. The Prophet does refer to the evil eye as does the Quran. I am not disputing that. What I am suggesting, is that the source is not LITERALLY an "evil eye" that is akin to a magic spell over a person. I am suggesting that the phrase and concept is metaphorical and it conveys the notion that as human beings if we are not carefull, we can absorb and take on the evil that is around us. For example, if we are beautiful and we know it, we will be afflicted with arrogance which in its extreme form can become very evil.

The interpretations that everyone has given on this forum for evil eye suggests that the evil eye is a form of sorcery. Why are you tied to that one interpretation? To date, no hadith or quranic verse has indicated outright that it is a form of magic trickery that overrules the hand of God in all that happens to us.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

We are given limited free will. We are given the Criterion of what is right. And we are foretold of the consequences of what is wrong. That leaves a whole lot of stuff inbetween.

There is a lot of stuff to play with in the universe.

Whatever we seek we find. That is scary stuff.

There are people who have seen purple rain. ( I would love to see purple rain.) There are people who have had out of body experiences. There is vodoo and black magic. You just have to go and find it. There are covens of witches and warlocks. There are people who had admitted to selling their souls to the Devil. People use magic potions to make others sick. And this is not the stuff of Hollywood. Hollywood takes its stuff from the very real.

Each day we ask for Protection from the evil of ourselves and evil in general.

Why are people tied in this forum to the view that evil eyes exist..maybe just maybe they have encountered it.

Not everyone lives their lives on the same grid. We don't all work the 9 to 5 jobs. We don't see success as a bank account. We don't have the same definitions of what is normal. Some have walked on the wild side.

The Quran and hadith reinforce why we should be wary. We need to adhere to the blessings of the Quran and Sunna as white on rice. They protect us. The devil and his luminaries are busy. Very busy.

Shytan is the biggest deceiver. He creates an Illusion. Illusion includes magic and everything that evil conjures up. It comes in all forms and shapes.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
We are going off topic, but in response to your post, I have two comments:

1. How do you reconcile the hadiths with the numerous numerous instances in the Quran that says only Allah is in charge of our affairs, and if any calamity hits a person it is due to their own actions?

2. The Prophet does refer to the evil eye as does the Quran. I am not disputing that. What I am suggesting, is that the source is not LITERALLY an "evil eye" that is akin to a magic spell over a person. I am suggesting that the phrase and concept is metaphorical and it conveys the notion that as human beings if we are not carefull, we can absorb and take on the evil that is around us. For example, if we are beautiful and we know it, we will be afflicted with arrogance which in its extreme form can become very evil.

The interpretations that everyone has given on this forum for evil eye suggests that the evil eye is a form of sorcery. Why are you tied to that one interpretation? To date, no hadith or quranic verse has indicated outright that it is a form of magic trickery that overrules the hand of God in all that happens to us.

1. Quran and hadith go hand in hand and they do not contradict. We all know Allah is in charge of everyone's affairs. But we also know that evil exists. There's a reason for why everything happens. If someone gets a headache, there has to be a reason for why this person's head hurts. Like any other sickness or illness, evil eye, black magic, jinn possession etc. are illnesses which can be cured by the will of Allah of course. But just like we can take steps to protect ourselfs from other illnesses, we can also take necessary steps to protect ourselfs and our famillies from these evil things. Another thing to remember, Allah Himself tells us and commands us to seek refuge in Him from the evil of the shaytan and humans. These evils are evils which can physically and mentally harm someone and evil eye is not seprate from this. Just do a simple search on google on Ruqya and jinn possession and it will lead you to hundreds of stories and even videos of people who are physically sick and possessed. And if you don't think it's all real, then I'm not sure what else to tell you.

2. No the evil eye the prophet discussed is not metaphorical at all. It's as real as any other physical illness. Why do we have to recite so much dua's on a daily basis? Have you read the reason for why the last two suras (Al Nas and Al Falaq) of the Quran were sent down? The Prophet was affected by black magic. Evil eye and black magic however are not the same thing. Evil eye which involves hatred and envy is what drives people to do magic on others because they're envious of what the other person has that's why some people think that evil eye is worse than black magic, but Allahu a'lam.

Prophet Muhammad performed ruqya on more than one occasion, this should tell you how real this stuff is. It's not a metaphorical thing. People really do get sick. How it works is that jinns who are unseen to us are involved in all of this. The human magician and the jinn communicate and do the necessary damages to their victims unless Allah saves that person.

But again, sister you don't need to take my or anyone else's words on this. It's all in the hadiths of the Prophet. These hadiths should be proof enough for you. And like you said, it's also in the Quran which should be a bigger proof.

tic_tac_toe

:bismillah1:
:salam2:

Evil eye, Magic and Jiinn possessions are all mentioned in Authentic Sunnah so we believe in it. However, there is no test to confirm that a patient has been afflicted with it for certain. Many patients are suffering from stress, anxiety, relationship issues, postpartum depression, financial uncertainty etc so we should seek protection using the Authentic methods as described in the Book and the Sunnah, however we shouldn't be quick judge matters. We should make Sunnah Adkhaar regardless because they are Sunnah.

The example of negative energy is a case in point, I mean what is negative energy? How did the patient know about negative energy? Can we confirm that the patient wasn't suffering from any sort of psychological or even physical ailment?

In my experience, our Sisters go through all manners and sorts of emotional issues in life and not everything can be tied down to possessions. I had discussions with a Muslim couple in our Mosque a few months ago and after discussion about their dispute in detail (and potential possession) it was down to the new baby and she was so attached to him that she was sleeping with the baby and couple hadn't had sex in months so the husband came to despise her, after discussions she agreed to put the baby in the cot. Few months later, the husband and wife are absolutely fine and happy together.

Husband didn't even want sex everyday, just wanted her to be next to him everyday and because of the baby she wasn't giving him the opportunity (unknowingly) and being a housewife she had never thought or discussed it with the husband.

No possession.

Another couple whom I dealt with had repeated Ruqya with not much help until she went through hypnotic suggestions and a fairly strict dietary regiment and she is mostly back to normal and able to continue with her life for the most part, there is a tiny problem which flares up once in a blue moon. The husband and wife swear by the Ruqya and the Authentic Sunnah when its in fact hypnosis and diet change which has fixed her issues because she had some hormonal problems post termination of pregnancy. The couple have no idea how they are being treated and that's fine.

Possible possession.

Then there is a family whom I know and their daughter has diagnosed psychological issues plus possible possession but they disregard medical advice and go from one Peer to another seeking quick fix solutions because they are refusing to admit the obvious.

Definite possession and Psychological issues.

I am not treating them but I have observed many things and not everything is mysterious and spooky and sometimes its just a phase a person goes through in life. In my opinion many of our brothers and sisters silently suffer from sexual frustrations of one form or another particularly those from cultural backgrounds where such issues are not discussed openly and this has devastating psychological issues on both men and women. I know brothers who absolutely dislike their wives but still approach them for matrimonial relationships due to human nature and you can imagine the psychological state of both the husband and wife in such relationships.

When you sit there and listen to quarreling Muslim couples you realize that in any cases the basics of the argument are physical or sexual frustrations and not because she is not a good cook or doesn't clean the bathroom or he doesn't give enough money or whatever, although in many cases those are the issues, indeed.

:jazaak:

tic_tac_toe

The summary of what I am saying boils down to the fact trials and tribulations will come to us in this life so we turn to :Allah: and follow the Book and the Sunnah and seek protection from physical, spiritual and emotional ailments and we don't assume or presume certain things because the safety and well being of our believing brothers and sisters is paramount and not investigations into what has caused and trying to reach certainty. Once people are told that they are afflicted then they begin to investigate how did magic or who sent the Jinn or who did evil eye when all of these are superfluous issues.

Even if a person is afflicted and surety is reached in determination they can continue to function and live a pretty healthy, normal life simply based on their strong willpower and decent healthy lifestyle without even resorting to Ruqya. Its like having a compulsive disorder or being on the Autistic spectrum and many adults are able to cope with their issues without treatment and live a fairly healthy life.

We have brothers and sisters who have compulsive disorders and in the beginning they wash their limbs in Wudhu so many times over and over again but eventually they develop techniques to cope with their disorder and live healthily.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

The woman with the negative energy was not Muslim. In my line of work I have dealt with all sorts of issues, primarily with the kufr. And yes, a lot of negative energy is anxiety. However, we have to be aware of being around it. If you want to get very clinical you have transference and counter transference. For the clinician there are techniques used to defray that negativity. I was grateful that she was cognizant enough to read the sitution and be honest with me. People like to continue building energy even if it is negative. Drug dependence etc. And when it gets too much they throw it on others.

For the regular person we are not always aware of that negative energy. Our example would be the Prophet, swas, who did not know the person who caused him, swas, his anguish.

Muslims are not very open about much. I am more in touch with youngsters due to my sons. I know the young men have questions but do not have outlets. A young man in college asked me what to do when he seeks the bootyliceiouness walking around him on campus. I told him to take a cold shower.
Once again this is endemic of Muslims not reaching out to the youth. And Muslims are very young.

You are taking sex. I had a group of sister get mad at me because I told them I used to get upset when my husband used my toothbrush. They could not understand a husband and wife sharing a toothbrush once in a while. Hello? You mention sex and they die. Form the land of the Karma Sutra, silly little book, we have people who pile up that negative energy. Good sex does release a lot of negative energy.

Too, we live in a society where sex is portrayed in a specific way. We have to educate our young men to understand not all women act like the UltraMK sex slave. And we have to educate our sisters to understand we have a lot of room for fun behind closed doors.

I do have concerns regarding psychological disorders. That needs a thread of its own. I am still laughing at the new DSM. My issue stems primarily from accepting a diagnosis of the psyche form a source that is kufr and unsound. The state of the art does not cure any psychiatric disorder it maintains it.

What this has to do with being grateful for the answering of a dua is beyond me. Great little book to read..Patience and Gratitude by one of the big scholars. I found out that the poor man will get into Heaven 500 years before the rich man.

( I am fascinated by assistive technology that is being implemented for those with Autism. I, too, believe that we need to study the negative effects of vaccinations on Autism)

tic_tac_toe

Assalaam alaikum,

Brother,

The woman with the negative energy was not Muslim. In my line of work I have dealt with all sorts of issues, primarily with the kufr. And yes, a lot of negative energy is anxiety. However, we have to be aware of being around it. If you want to get very clinical you have transference and counter transference. For the clinician there are techniques used to defray that negativity. I was grateful that she was cognizant enough to read the sitution and be honest with me. People like to continue building energy even if it is negative. Drug dependence etc. And when it gets too much they throw it on others.

For the regular person we are not always aware of that negative energy. Our example would be the Prophet, swas, who did not know the person who caused him, swas, his anguish.

Muslims are not very open about much. I am more in touch with youngsters due to my sons. I know the young men have questions but do not have outlets. A young man in college asked me what to do when he seeks the bootyliceiouness walking around him on campus. I told him to take a cold shower.
Once again this is endemic of Muslims not reaching out to the youth. And Muslims are very young.

You are taking sex. I had a group of sister get mad at me because I told them I used to get upset when my husband used my toothbrush. They could not understand a husband and wife sharing a toothbrush once in a while. Hello? You mention sex and they die. Form the land of the Karma Sutra, silly little book, we have people who pile up that negative energy. Good sex does release a lot of negative energy.

Too, we live in a society where sex is portrayed in a specific way. We have to educate our young men to understand not all women act like the UltraMK sex slave. And we have to educate our sisters to understand we have a lot of room for fun behind closed doors.

I do have concerns regarding psychological disorders. That needs a thread of its own. I am still laughing at the new DSM. My issue stems primarily from accepting a diagnosis of the psyche form a source that is kufr and unsound. The state of the art does not cure any psychiatric disorder it maintains it.

What this has to do with being grateful for the answering of a dua is beyond me. Great little book to read..Patience and Gratitude by one of the big scholars. I found out that the poor man will get into Heaven 500 years before the rich man.

( I am fascinated by assistive technology that is being implemented for those with Autism. I, too, believe that we need to study the negative effects of vaccinations on Autism)

The biggest problem with DSM and by extension with modern day psychological diagnosis and treatment is that they don't take spirituality into account because they know noting about it. We are as much spiritual beings as physical beings and that's why prophetic treatments take the spirituality as well as physicality into account.

A non-Muslim is spiritually ill with the disease of Shirk as it goes against our Fitrah because a covenant was taken from us before we were born to attest to Tawheed & Lordship of :Allah:

A Muslim can also be spiritually ill with his or her faith being weak and his or her reliance upon :Allah: being deficient and I absolutely agree with you that dua is like a weapon given to us by :Allah:

Kama Sutra :) Some of those postures are painful and impossible :shymuslima1: and the Yoda speak is ridiculous to be honest.

Many Muslims subscribe to the views of Dr A. Majid Katme on vaccinations

Aapa

Mirajmom
Walaikum assalaam,

Thank you for the link. I bookmarked it.

My eyes are rotting as I am trying to read much. There is so much to learn..the more you learn the stupidier you feel. I feel pretty stupid at this point.

Dua is the medicine for the diseases of the heart. We keep forgetting many of the issues that keep us locked up are so temporary. I know when I have something to deal with I forget everything. I get stuck. We need to be reminded that we are moving all the time. Physically and spiritually.

What is irritating about the Karma Stura is the fact that this book is racist. It empowers division. It is not the sexual text such as the Joy of Sex. The Karma Sutra justifies the need for a caste system. That is what most readers forget. It is a weapon for dis-equality among people. It is tool for economic dysfunction disguised in the form of a text.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
salam 'alikum,what has Kama sutra to do with this thread?why everything turns around sex,always?it's a so delicate matter,that someone could misunderstand all the topic.trials and sex:which is the conclusion of it?

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam alaikum,

Sister,

My point in discussing the Karma Sutra was to point out that a book that is supposed to describe sexual positions is really a book about the caste system. In the book it divides people into categories by their tribes. It divides the tribes according to certain physical characteristics. It states why people of certain tribes can not be matched to people of other tribes based on their physical attributes. It suggests that one have sex with a member of a tribe just because of physical characteristics. I replied that the Karma Sutra was used as an economic system to keep people oppressed. That has nothing to do with sex. It has to do with oppression of people. Keeping people in poverty because they are not as physically pleasing as others. It is what the Zionists are doing today.

That is all false. Allah subahana wa taala has told us that He created us with various physical attributes to celebrate His Glory. We are the same. There is no one superior to the other.

Additionally, Brother Tic Tac Toe discussed some issues of jinn possession that can be linked to sexual dysfunction leading to marital discord. In traditional psychoanalysis many mental hygiene problems with women were diagnosed to be stemming from sexual anxieties thus the term hysteria.

It is not about sex. It is about how sex is powerful. Many forms of mental disorders arise from the abuse of sex. Jinn possession can be directly related to sex.

Do you understand now?

That's all.

tic_tac_toe

Assalaam alaikum,

Sister,

My point in discussing the Karma Sutra was to point out that a book that is supposed to describe sexual positions is really a book about the caste system. In the book it divides people into categories by their tribes. It divides the tribes according to certain physical characteristics. It states why people of certain tribes can not be matched to people of other tribes based on their physical attributes. It suggests that one have sex with a member of a tribe just because of physical characteristics. I replied that the Karma Sutra was used as an economic system to keep people oppressed. That has nothing to do with sex. It has to do with oppression of people. Keeping people in poverty because they are not as physically pleasing as others. It is what the Zionists are doing today.

That is all false. Allah subahana wa taala has told us that He created us with various physical attributes to celebrate His Glory. We are the same. There is no one superior to the other.

Additionally, Brother Tic Tac Toe discussed some issues of jinn possession that can be linked to sexual dysfunction leading to marital discord. In traditional psychoanalysis many mental hygiene problems with women were diagnosed to be stemming from sexual anxieties thus the term hysteria.

It is not about sex. It is about how sex is powerful. Many forms of mental disorders arise from the abuse of sex. Jinn possession can be directly related to sex.

Do you understand now?

That's all.

:bismillah1:
:salam2:

As I understand things, Muslims have a balanced straightforward attitude attitude to sex & sexuality unlike the extreme right wing views of Catholicism which gave rise to celibacy being virtuous and the current western version with no holds barred no limits filthy, uncontrolled, vulgar obsession.

In Islamic texts it is plainly and clearly discussed in a dignified, straightforward and matter of fact manner so no need to hype it and no need to get all giggly.

:jazaak:

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
I've read the thread from the beginning until the last post and it results that it's you who mentioned as first one the words "sex" and "kama sutra".I think that everybody here knows what it is,and even if it has nothing to do with sex(but the act is the same and it brings olnly to one thing: phisycal pleasure),what has it to do with the trials of the life? you started with one intention but now you're going out off topic.we know it's a book,but we don't need to share with others how many pages it has got and how many position are explained there,your words can stimulate the fantasy of someone who maybe will buy that book.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
if you mean that everything turns around sex,it's true,I understand you point of view.but I don't believe that the influence of those Zionists is rilevant,it only works with the ones who are predisposed to suffer of certains deseases.sex becomes an illness when it becomes an obsession.it's also true that the best way for Shaytan to gain strenght is when sex is practised and its energy comes out(during the rituals of black magic it always finishes into these acts).I can testify by experience that when I was young there was a copy of that book in my parent's house,it didn't cause any collateral effects for anybody.It only made me laugh.
at the end of everything,how the youngsters of nowdays face this matter,it depends from how they have been educated.Zionists can do anything to tempt me,but I'll not fall into their trap,because Allah is with me and He guides me.