The Obligation of Reciting Al Faatihah Behind the Imaam

Status
Not open for further replies.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
By stretching I never meant criticism brother, please stop for the sake of ALLAH

Akhee, I am putting across Islamic facts. I don't know what you want me to stop.

I think you have been really engrossed with people around you hating taqleed and thus you finding it difficult. I know the sort of people back home as I have experienced it myself first hand. All I am asking is for people to not go to either of the two extremes and take a moderate and middle path, as this is what Islaam calls for in every matter.

I am not saying that it is waajib to follow one of the four madh-habs (like how deobandis say) but at the same time we cannot say that laymen do not blind follow. Even if we follow salafi `ulemaa, we need to recognize the fact that we are still in the stage of blind following due to our ignorance of this religion. Realizing this fact will reduce a lot of friction amongst muslim masses and will help us humble ourselves to the fact that we are indeed ignorant.

Aziboy

Banned
We have a Qur'an and Ahadiths brother, calling everyone directly as a blind follower is not done. we seek the scholarly opinions coz it is instructed by our beloved prophet to ask the Ulemas.

You have to know whatever you are following and if you dont know it then its a blind following is what i meant.

So if we have learned about the story of how Islam was spread we would have a greater picture. Everyone before Islam was a blind follower, not that after accepting Islam they became one..astagfirullah.

Allah [swt] says (interpretation of the meaning):

"Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read not write whom they find written with them in the Tawraat and the Injeel, - he commands them for al-Ma’roof (i.e., Islamic monotheism and all that Islaam has ordained); and forbids them from al-Munkar (i.e., disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islaam has forbidden); he allows them as lawful al-Tayyibaat (i.e., all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.), and prohibits them as unlawful al-khabaa’ith (i.e., all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.), he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allaah’s Covenant) and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad), honor him, help him and follow the light (the Qur’aan) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful."
[al-A’raaf 7:157]

The above verse says it all

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
We have a Qur'an and Ahadiths brother, calling everyone directly as a blind follower is not done.

So, can we derive rulings from the Qur'aan and Sunnah? Yes or no? If we cannot derive rulings, that means we have to follow those who derive rulings from Qur'aan and sunnah. If we do derive rulings, then we don't have to follow anyone except the Qur'aan and Sunnah directly.

Do you agree with this?

we seek the scholarly opinions coz it is instructed by our beloved prophet to ask the Ulemas.

We ask them, because we are ignorant. We ask them because they are able to understand the Qur'aan and sunnah. And thus, we follow them so as to follow the Qur'aan and Sunnah.

You have to know whatever you are following and if you dont know it then its a blind following is what i meant.

I don't quite get you here.

"Those who follow the Messenger, the Prophet who can neither read not write whom they find written with them in the Tawraat and the Injeel, - he commands them for al-Ma’roof (i.e., Islamic monotheism and all that Islaam has ordained); and forbids them from al-Munkar (i.e., disbelief, polytheism of all kinds, and all that Islaam has forbidden); he allows them as lawful al-Tayyibaat (i.e., all good and lawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.), and prohibits them as unlawful al-khabaa’ith (i.e., all evil and unlawful as regards things, deeds, beliefs, persons, foods, etc.), he releases them from their heavy burdens (of Allaah’s Covenant) and from the fetters (bindings) that were upon them. So those who believe in him (Muhammad), honor him, help him and follow the light (the Qur’aan) which has been sent down with him, it is they who will be successful."

What is the point you are trying to make from that ayah?

afrarzk

احبك ىارب
Assalamualaikum warahmathulla wabarakathu......

watz up brothers, y u guys are fighting and making small issues bigger n bigger.........well, got to knw this topic has different opinion among the well known scholars .....so letz take a decision accrding to 3 thngs: our beliefs,our religious knowledge and sheriah (islamic rules and regulations).So based on this each one of us opinion varies evnthough our base is quran n sunnah........

And bro's, this is a public forum to share and help others to solve their problems and not to create conflict,hatred and confusions among others.....

And whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, let him, speak good words or else remain silent.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5560; Muslim, 69.

May Allah forgive all our mistakes and help us to be patient and forgive our fellow brothers and sisters...... ameen

Hammy

Banned
We have a Qur'an and Ahadiths brother, calling everyone directly as a blind follower is not done. we seek the scholarly opinions coz it is instructed by our beloved prophet to ask the Ulemas.

So if we have learned about the story of how Islam was spread we would have a greater picture. Everyone before Islam was a blind follower, not that after accepting Islam they became one..astagfirullah.

Brother Azimax... let him live in his own deceptive thinking that we are ignorant and he is the only one scholar here, now thariq will come with some new deceptive modes for sure... and till the end will remain the same however ignorant are those to whom knowledge has come and they rejected... and Allah (swt) will throw all ignorant ones into Hell... so let it be whatever this guy thinks we cannot change someones thinking... he is only playing a ego fight cuz he dint expected that instead of getting praised some are catching him for falsehood and he simply cant take it and the way he comments one can easily make it out... May Allah (swt) guide him...

Now if brother Thariq if you refute me in any case than remember you'll act as a satan here.... urging someone to open his mouth and disrespect and i dont want to do that anymore... so lets stop this you follow what you feel like and we'll follow what is Revealed.... Allah (swt) has given us free will...

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamu'alaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh,

I've been following this thread for quite a while and I feel that it's time for me to say something.

To all the brothers involved, it is best if you continue the discussion in a humbler, wise, professional tone rather than name-calling, defending one's own opinions (either it true or false) or else, stop with the argument and be silent instead. That would be much better as sometimes, we, human tend to forget that for every word that we write and utter, it'll be countable on the Day of Judgment. Surely we don't want it to add to our bad deeds when we had unintentionally hurt someone's feeling by name calling them.

And rather than having a thoughtful and educational discussion here, I've seen that emotions have taken place thus why this thread became longer than it should be.

I just hope that if you guys wish to continue, think not twice but many times before you write. Thoughts like "Am I writing for the sake of Allaah", "Do my words contain truth", "Will my words hurt the other party if the same words were written towards me" etc etc should be considered first and foremost.

Specifically to Brother Hammy, it was very disrespectful of you to address a brother in Islaam with the word "Shaytan". Astaghfirullahal atheem. I am nowhere backing anyone here, but surely it is not from the teaching of the Prophet :saw2: to call others with such a disgraceful word. Especially to another Muslim. Even if you both aren't on the same page, calling another Muslim as the devil really is insulting. May Allaah forgive us.

I shall leave with this hadeeth that I'm sure everyone on this thread are aware of, just that we forgot and because it is always easier said than done [quoting from a post of a brother; and he knows who he is].

Abu Daawood narrated on the authority of Abu Umaamah that the Messenger of Allaah said:

"I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even if he is joking; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners."

[Abu Da'wud, 4800; also found in 'Tahdhib al-Kamal', 3/498; 'Mu'jam al-Kabeer', 7488; 'al-Bayhaqi', 10/249 and others - graded as Hasan by al-Albani in 'Saheeh al-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb', 6/3; and Ibn Baz in 'Khashiyah Buloogh al-Maraam', 810]

Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!

I've been following this thread for quite a while and I feel that it's time for me to say something.

To all the brothers involved, it is best if you continue the discussion in a humbler, wise, professional tone rather than name-calling, defending one's own opinions (either it true or false) or else, stop with the argument and be silent instead. That would be much better as sometimes, we, human tend to forget that for every word that we write and utter, it'll be countable on the Day of Judgment. Surely we don't want it to add to our bad deeds when we had unintentionally hurt someone's feeling by name calling them.

And rather than having a thoughtful and educational discussion here, I've seen that emotions have taken place thus why this thread became longer than it should be.

I just hope that if you guys wish to continue, think not twice but many times before you write. Thoughts like "Am I writing for the sake of Allaah", "Do my words contain truth", "Will my words hurt the other party if the same words were written towards me" etc etc should be considered first and foremost.

Specifically to Brother Hammy, it was very disrespectful of you to address a brother in Islaam with the word "Shaytan". Astaghfirullahal atheem. I am nowhere backing anyone here, but surely it is not from the teaching of the Prophet :saw2: to call others with such a disgraceful word. Especially to another Muslim. Even if you both aren't on the same page, calling another Muslim as the devil really is insulting. May Allaah forgive us.

I shall leave with this hadeeth that I'm sure everyone on this thread are aware of, just that we forgot and because it is always easier said than done [quoting from a post of a brother; and he knows who he is].

Abu Daawood narrated on the authority of Abu Umaamah that the Messenger of Allaah said:

"I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even if he is joking; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners."

[Abu Da'wud, 4800; also found in 'Tahdhib al-Kamal', 3/498; 'Mu'jam al-Kabeer', 7488; 'al-Bayhaqi', 10/249 and others - graded as Hasan by al-Albani in 'Saheeh al-Targheeb wat-Tarheeb', 6/3; and Ibn Baz in 'Khashiyah Buloogh al-Maraam', 810]

Wa'alaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

BaarakAllaahu feek sister. May Allaah forgive me for all my shortcomings.

I would like to apologize if my posts came across as harsh.

Waffaqakumullaah

Hammy

Banned

How in this world can you tell me that i call him Shaytan??? FYI "Now if brother Thariq if you refute me in any case than remember you'll act as a satan here.... .. that doesnt mean he is satan... common stop assuming things... and i knew for sure he will come up with his confused opinions that's why i said that... I already told him to stop but he continued with copy pasting stories... Yes, this is a straw man argument, a syllogistic fallacy too, not to mention his confused and changing of statements, this guy really need to find a better marketing strategy. i am not being harsh but someone has taken this on his EGO...

i don't understand the logic if you dont read Surah Fatiah and if the Imam is reading for you than why only Surah Fatiah... why you recite than Attayat, Darood, Du'a's and rest of the things which is involved in Prayers.. Imam is reciting right? This was stopped when the Sahabas also used to recite behind Prophet (saww) and it created disturbance therefore Prophet (saww) said “Do not do so, except with Fâtihat al-Kitâb.”

I hope Brother Thariq would not say this Hadith as "Weak"...:biggrin:

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال

i don't understand the logic if you dont read Surah Fatiah and if the Imam is reading for you than why only Surah Fatiah... why you recite than Attayat, Darood, Du'a's and rest of the things which is involved in Prayers.. Imam is reciting right? This was stopped when the Sahabas also used to recite behind Prophet (saww) and it created disturbance therefore Prophet (saww) said “Do not do so, except with Fâtihat al-Kitâb.”

There are no scholar in this forum, neither did the brother asked you to follow him. Thus, the best thing to do is consult you local Imam/Sheikh/Scholar, get a detailed answer from him and follow the scholar whom you trust of his aqeedah, understanding of the deen, akhlaaq etc.

How in this world can you tell me that i call him Shaytan??? FYI "Now if brother Thariq if you refute me in any case than remember you'll act as a satan here.... .. that doesnt mean he is satan...

It still doesn't justify *why* you had to use the word "Shaytan". Either you meant it only that he'll act as one or addressing him as one, or however you want to put it, it doesn't justify that you needed to use that word. What would you feel if the same sentence were written towards you?

I hope Brother Thariq would not say this Hadith as "Weak"...:biggrin:

Was it necessary and highly important for you to write that? Does it adds to your peacefulness and good deeds?

Brother,

Did you bothered to take heed of what I wrote?

. .think not twice but many times before you write. Thoughts like "Am I writing for the sake of Allaah", "Do my words contain truth", "Will my words hurt the other party if the same words were written towards me" etc etc should be considered first and foremost.

If you didn't in your latter post, inshaa Allaah you will in other post. We are taught to think good of others; having husnu dhon is important when our nafs are always whispering bad thoughts about others.

May Allaah forgive us all if there is even a slightest of riya', takabbur, u'joob or ego whenever we write *a word*.

My initial intention was to enjoin good and forbidding evil by giving advice lillahi Ta'ala, I've served my purpose here hence this shall be my final post on this thread.

Let us all do some self-reflection on what good deeds we have done today, seek forgiveness to Allaah for our shortcomings and always try to become a better person. Ramadhan is just around the corner so let's make full use of our time, inshaa Allaah.

Wa'alaaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wabarakaatuh.

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Thus, the best thing to do is consult you local Imam/Sheikh/Scholar, get a detailed answer from him and follow the scholar whom you trust of his aqeedah, understanding of the deen, akhlaaq etc.

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh

People will have a problem with those words that you posted. This is the very point I was trying to emphasize.

Whatever the case, I really appreciate your presence in this thread and your wise words. BaarakAllaahu feek

Wassalamu `alaykum

Hammy

Banned
People will have a problem with those words that you posted. This is the very point I was trying to emphasize.

trying to Emphasize... Oh really... where?

Whatever the case, I really appreciate your presence in this thread and your wise words. BaarakAllaahu feek

you are wrong brother and you cannot admit it and calling others for your support or back up... i asked some scholars about this matter and they said that Aya did not came for Salaah... "do not speak when the Qur'an is recited".... as soon as this Aya revelaed Nabi (saww) said no prayer is valid when a guy does not recite Al-Fatiah... acually this Aya was came for the Kuffars cuz they used to shout when Qur'an was recited... it is in Surah Fussilat... 41:26 And those who disbelieve say, "Do not listen to this Qur'an and speak noisily during [the recitation of] it that perhaps you will overcome."

looks like someone need to do a lot of homework and plssss dont come up with copy paste material i found it really boring and without sense, confusing cuz anyone can write anything especially, Muqallids... and if you find any one hadith to refute than bring it on...

Hammy

Banned
There are no scholar in this forum, neither did the brother asked you to follow him. Thus, the best thing to do is consult you local Imam/Sheikh/Scholar, get a detailed answer from him and follow the scholar whom you trust of his aqeedah, understanding of the deen, akhlaaq etc.

So that means you blind follow??? Its not that easy.. you have to visit "n" number of scholars unless you get an answer and when you really want to, Allah (swt) will help you not just by sitting back and saying "i am Layman, how will i know".... this is all satanic thoughts cuz satan dont want us to search for truth rather always advise for shortcuts.... than why our Prophet (saww) said search for knowledge even if you have to go to China...??? does He (saww) said Layman can never get knowledge he has to blind follow??? what kind of thinking you guys have..???

It still doesn't justify *why* you had to use the word "Shaytan". Either you meant it only that he'll act as one or addressing him as one, or however you want to put it, it doesn't justify that you needed to use that word. What would you feel if the same sentence were written towards you?

i am not justifying to a guy who call others blind followers and confused, being harsh and having an ego fight to prove his laim claims....

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Hammy if you want me to take you seriously and respond to you, then answer those two questions I asked you. If not do not address me nor expect me to respond to you.

Do you expect me to take your words seriously about the interpretation of the words of Allaah when you are the guy who is spreading a fabricated narration. Oh how did you not know that the narration about seeking knowledge even if you have to travel to China is fabricated! It was fabricated by shaykh al- Albaanee, ibn Jawzee, ibn Adee and many others.

Shame you got caught for spreading lies on the prophet :saw2:.

May Allaah silence those who speak based on Jahl murakkab.

Aziboy

Banned
Brother Hammy, would request at least you be quiet here, no need to discuss it further while this hanafi guy already confessed that "they are ignorant, blind followers, blah blah blah blah blah".

Hez such a basket of Fatwa :D, isnt it?

Wana know who the guy is EVERYONE, just wait for him to reply :D :D :D :D :D

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

Was it necessary and highly important for you to write that? Does it adds to your peacefulness and good deeds?

Brother,

Did you bothered to take heed of what I wrote?

If you didn't in your latter post, inshaa Allaah you will in other post. We are taught to think good of others; having husnu dhon is important when our nafs are always whispering bad thoughts about others.

May Allaah forgive us all if there is even a slightest of riya', takabbur, u'joob or ego whenever we write *a word*.

My initial intention was to enjoin good and forbidding evil by giving advice lillahi Ta'ala, I've served my purpose here hence this shall be my final post on this thread.

Let us all do some self-reflection on what good deeds we have done today, seek forgiveness to Allaah for our shortcomings and always try to become a better person. Ramadhan is just around the corner so let's make full use of our time, inshaa Allaah.

Wa'alaaykummusalaam wa rahmatullahi wabarakaatuh.

Wa 'alaikumassalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,I agree with you sister.Indeed even if there is a dialogueon disagreement,we need to show respectand have humility,instead of showing people down.It's not about proving ourselves right and mocking and showing down,it's about speaking the truth.Earlier I thought,I was benefitting from this thread,but it turned into great disappointment as I read on.,,please speak in a gentle manner.
Brother Hammy,your way of speaking has really disappointed me.Also the hadith about China has been classified as Da’eef al-Jaami’: “(It is) fabricated .I do not mean to offend.I just think there are manners involved when discussing topics.,which must be respected.A reminder to myself before everyone else.
I have nothing more to say.

Aziboy

Banned
Apologies for whatever happened here coz of me....

ALLAH knows it wasn't intentional.

Remember me and every Muslim in ur Dua....

Ma'Salam

Hammy

Banned
Do you expect me to take your words seriously about the interpretation of the words of Allaah when you are the guy who is spreading a fabricated narration. Oh how did you not know that the narration about seeking knowledge even if you have to travel to China is fabricated! It was fabricated by shaykh al- Albaanee, ibn Jawzee, ibn Adee and many others.

Shame you got caught for spreading lies on the prophet :saw2:.

May Allaah silence those who speak based on Jahl murakkab.

HAHAHAHAHA.. EXPECTED FORM A MUQALLID...!!!

‘Utlub il ‘ilma wa law fis-Sin. The Prophet (saww) said, “Seek knowledge even in China,”

Hadith HASAN MASHHÛR - "fair, famous." Note: Applied to a hadith, the term mashhûr refers to a type of ahad narration that has five to nine narrators at each link of its chain and is therefore nearly mass-narrated (tawatur).

Also, the label of mashhûr is sometimes given to merely famous narrations which are not nearly-mass-narrated. Narrated from Anas by al-Bayhaqi in Shu`ab al-Imaan and al-Madkhal, Ibn `Abd al-Barr in Jami` Bayaan al-`Ilm, and al-Khatib through three chains at the opening of his al-Rihla fi Talab al-Hadith (p. 71-76 #1-3). The hadith master al-Mizzi said it has so many chains that it deserves a grade of fair (hasan), as quoted by al-Sakhawi in al-Maqaasid al-Hasana. Al-`Iraqi in his Mughni `an Haml al-Asfar similarly stated that some scholars declared it sound (sahîh) for that reason, even if al-Hakim and al-Dhahabi correctly said no sound chain is known for it. Ibn `Abd al-Barr's "Salafi" editor Abu al-Ashbal al-Zuhayri declares the hadith hasan in Jami` Bayaan al-`Ilm (1:23ff.) but all the above fair gradings actually apply to the wording: "Seeking knowledge is an obligation upon every Muslim."

Aziboy

Banned

‘Utlub il ‘ilma wa law fis-Sin. The Prophet (saww) said, “Seek knowledge even in China,”

Hadith HASAN MASHHÛR - "fair, famous." Note: Applied to a hadith, the term mashhûr refers to a type of ahad narration that has five to nine narrators at each link of its chain and is therefore nearly mass-narrated (tawatur).

Also, the label of mashhûr is sometimes given to merely famous narrations which are not nearly-mass-narrated. Narrated from Anas by al-Bayhaqi in Shu`ab al-Imaan and al-Madkhal, Ibn `Abd al-Barr in Jami` Bayaan al-`Ilm, and al-Khatib through three chains at the opening of his al-Rihla fi Talab al-Hadith (p. 71-76 #1-3). The hadith master al-Mizzi said it has so many chains that it deserves a grade of fair (hasan), as quoted by al-Sakhawi in al-Maqaasid al-Hasana. Al-`Iraqi in his Mughni `an Haml al-Asfar similarly stated that some scholars declared it sound (sahîh) for that reason, even if al-Hakim and al-Dhahabi correctly said no sound chain is known for it. Ibn `Abd al-Barr's "Salafi" editor Abu al-Ashbal al-Zuhayri declares the hadith hasan in Jami` Bayaan al-`Ilm (1:23ff.) but all the above fair gradings actually apply to the wording: "Seeking knowledge is an obligation upon every Muslim."

JAZAK ALLAHU KHAIR DEAR BROTHER,

MA'SALAM

Hammy

Banned

Brother Hammy,your way of speaking has really disappointed me.Also the hadith about China has been classified as mawdoo'(fabricated.) mauwdoo.I do not mean to offend.I just think there are manners involved when discussing topics.,which must be respected.A reminder to myself before everyone else.
I have nothing more to say.

Brother i've quoted some ref in my above post pls refer... i'll never get offended bro cuz sometimes we don't know about some Hadiths... we are Humans... Seeking knowledge is compulsory for every Muslim even if for the sake of argument we agree that hadith is weak than does that means you'll NOT seek for knowledge and consider yourself as Layman and Blind follow??? is it the case.... ??? well this guy deserves this kind of talk cuz from his very 1st comments he is trying to become a HERO... and calling others for his rescue...

Thariq you never answered my 4 questions and you asking me to answer your 2? i proved that Hadith dint came for Salaah and now you taking this conversation elsewhere... this is what you always do when you find no resources??? change topics?? earlier you changed statements now this...!!! you don't even know the rules and than you cal other Jaahil??? this is how you come to conclusion? than i can imagine where you coming from....

Itqan Ullah

Time is Running!!

Brother, I really don't want to participate in this thread but its getting too much now:

With regard to the hadeeth mentioned, “Seek knowledge even if you have to go as far as China, for seeking knowledge is a duty on every Muslim,” Shaykh al-Albaani said in Da’eef al-Jaami’: “(It is) fabricated.” (no. 906).
http://islamqa.com/en/ref/13637/china

Have you copy- pasted this text from here?:
http://www.sunnah.org/sources/hadith_utlub_ilm.htm

IF yes then, Sunnah.org has nothing to do with sunnah, its all sufism.

Sunnah.org
As-Sunnah Foundation of America This is a site to beware of. It is full of deviant Sufism. It has a page in praise of Qasidat -ul Burdaa. It claims that Ibn Taymiyyah, Ibn al Qayyim, Ibn Hazm, Al-Jazai'ri, Al Abanee and bin Baz are all Innovators!!Among other false claims on the website are the following statements about Kashf:Kashf (Unveiling) is a reality which refers to the miraculous knowledge of the awliya (Friends of Allah). Such knowledge attains higher levels than that of any other knowledge of humankind and jinn including in certain cases the knowledge of Prophets...Thus it is related by one of the Imams of hadith whose word lies beyond suspicion, that "it is well-known that he (Imam Nawawi) used to meet with al-Khidr (as)" and converse with him among many other mukaashafaat

[yt]ywFVE_AFsFM[/yt]​

Status
Not open for further replies.