VACCINATIONS

OsMaN_93

Here to help
:wasalam:

I disagree. Vaccination cause more harm then benefit. Some are good to have but only those that people need who are actually sick. Kids don't need anything nor should they get any. Have read at all what the doctors are saying against these unsafe things?

salam alikom,

people take vaccines before they get sick, that's the whole point. When a person takes a vaccine, their immune system "learns" how to kill the real disease if it actually attacks that individual.

A vaccine is am immunogen consisting of a suspension of weakened or dead pathogenic cells injected in order to stimulate the production of antibodies.
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

meaning; an individual is given the dead or inactive bacteria/virus, then the body fights that almost 100% harmless virus and ''remembers'' how to fight the real disease if it does attack.

So if vaccines aren't 100% safe, why risk them?

Approved vaccines -- including the 2009 H1N1 swine flu vaccine -- are calculated to be much, much less risky than the diseases they prevent. For example, out of every million people who get a flu shot, one or two will get a serious neurological reaction called Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS).

But flu itself causes serious problems, including GBS, in far more than two in a million cases. And since a large proportion of the population will get swine flu, the vaccine risk is far smaller than the disease risk.

In clinical trials, 10,000 to 15,000 children and adults have received various manufacturers' brands of H1N1 swine flu vaccine. Nothing serious happened to any of them, including this reporter, who received a double dose of the Sanofi-Pasteur swine flu vaccine.

That's still not proof that no harm will come from the vaccine. Clinical trials cannot detect something bad that happens to one or two out of every 100,000 people vaccinated.

"There could be unknown side effects. Something could happen. But we think that is highly unlikely," says infectious disease and vaccine expert Mark Mulligan, MD, executive director of the Hope Clinic of the Emory Vaccine Center in Atlanta. www.webmd.com/cold-and-flu/features/is-the-h1n1-swine-flu-vaccine-safe

You're source is the dailyfail? Honestly?

these sensationalist newspapers write ANYTHING just to sell papers.

wasalam alikom

esperanza

revert of many years
salam

when i was a child young child i had the german measles vaccination ,,not as a teenager as in britain,,this meant by the time ihad children there was a risk it had worn off... when igot pregant iwas not immune to german measles,,,if ihad caught german measles it ould have had serious effects for my baby

in arab countries yearly we have polio campaigns,,,as there are still many children contacting polio which is very serious,,,because people are ignorant or unwilling to take vaccinations,,,

when we had the swine flu epidemic.. my younger son took the vaccination..and ten days later was serioulsly ill five days of fever and no known cause

my older son diud not have the ccvaccination and caught swine flu had raging fever but thank god recovered,,,

we can never be completely sure of results of vacinations,,,but majority of vacinnations prevent serious illnesses

ShyHijabi

:salam2:

1. Mercola was proven a scam and a quack, so I don't believe a thing that so-called doctor writes. The man claimed cancer was a fungus and it could be cured with baking soda. Uh..yeah. Whatever.

2. More children were contracting and dying or suffering permanent brain damage from preventable meningitis before vaccines became mainstream. There are very rare cases of children having a negative side effect to vaccines but this is the same as having an allergic reaction to antibiotics. Every one is different so the side effects are very rare compared to the risk of contracting these preventable diseases.

3. Vaccine no longer contain mercury and have not for about a decade. There are not aborted fetuses used for vaccine creation. Back in the 70's there were a few cells used from an abortion for research purposes but the vaccines today do NOT contain these elements.

4. Vaccines DO NOT CAUSE AUTISM!!!!! This has been conclusively proven. The British doctor who published that nonsense has been proven to have falsified his results and as a result has been disciplined and had his license revoked. Dr. Wakefield is an embarrassment to the medical profession. Muslims would do well not to believe a liar and to decide their children's health from a man who was PAID by a company to promote single shot vaccines so he could profit from fear mongering. Antibiotics are not given after vaccines, I have vaccinated many children and that is not standard practice so I don't know where you got that information from.

5. AIDS is very real, not "so-called" and was not made from vaccines. the drugs are getting better but there is no cure. Unfortunately the medications can have harsh side effects but given the alternative, death, I think it better to use the weapons we have against this disease. Saying that there have been secret sterilizations due to tetanus vaccines...just...no. Preposterous.

No offense sister but your sources are not peer reviewed science articles but rather pure false hoods spread by conspiracy theorists. Show me an article from a true source and with credentials to back the author and I will take it seriously. In the meantime I am leaning more on my own education as a physician and a mother to properly protect my child against damaging and potentially deadly diseases.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asaalaam walaikum,

I thought about this thread. It really is an individuals comfort level. I can not speak for anyone else but, I am more comfortable with nontraditional approaches to healing.

Many are more comfortable with traditional recommendations.

This is not a matter of right or wrong but choice.

islamerica

1 Ummah under God

I never had vaccinations apart from a few that were required before starting school. Since then i never got any, nor my siblings and nor will my kids get any. They'll get only the few initial ones after the age of 5 and nothing of all these new ones they have. They even have vaccination "programs" that you go through and get ALL your shots. That is just outrageous. Alhamdulillah i've very healthy and as is my family. These western organizations promote vaccinations and yet they have to most diseases and illness in the world. As for the east, i would make sure to go to a very reliable source and be very cautious of where the vaccinations are coming from before even thinking about it. It's no secrete that the enemies of Islam and those in power want to decrease population in general and especially Muslims in particular. Pakistan used to get iodized salt from the west till their scientists tested the salt and found it had sterilizing chemicals in it. The ignorant are the ones that parrot what these western "health" organizations say and quote. Their are backed by their gov'ts, corporations and the elites. It would be most unwise to trust such organizations.

Anyways, to each their own I guess...

http://www.shirleys-wellness-cafe.com/vaccines.htm

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister,

If you start digging the plots and plans all under the name of helping the poor third world it will make you spin.

I do not buy it. And I do not agree with calling anything that is not in the box a conspiracy theory.

I am not the one that brought up the politics..but it so political. What we have is a group of people who have made up their rules and they are happy with them. So be it.

But do not insult my intelligence if I choose not to buy into the politically funded plans.

And for the last time..it is a matter of what is your comfort level. Who do you trust.

I do not trust people in white jackets. They are the ones in the cartoons who take you to the funny farm.

Shak78

When William was born I decided to not give him the Hep A vaccine right off the bat, I didn't feel comfortable having his body given this when he was less then a day old. We did a delayed schedule for his vaccines only doing 2 at a time but now he is fully vaccinated including his flu shot and is just fine. He is a percousious 2 year old with attitude, smart, funny ( his latest thing is running around the house with socks on his hands and feet). I feel one should get their kid vaccinated as you see all these illnesses that were beaten coming back now and that scares me.

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
Aapa, please tell us more as to why you don't think vaccines are not needed. I appreciate your view as well. This is exactly why I posted my concerns about vaccines in TTI because I knew I would get honest responses mashaaAllah. I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this.

Hajjer, that's scary! So who is helping the family now?

Um Ibrahim

Aapa, please tell us more as to why you don't think vaccines are not needed. I appreciate your view as well. This is exactly why I posted my concerns about vaccines in TTI because I knew I would get honest responses mashaaAllah. I appreciate everyone's thoughts on this.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Asalaam walaikum,

This is going to be longwinded..

I have not had luck with the traditional medical world. After decades of being the subject that everything goes wrong for I got a little skeptical. I was being operated on when the very organ they were trying to salvage is the one that the doctors hand slipped and gashed a hole and they had to get another surgeon to keep me alive. I woke up to a strange man telling me he had saved my life.
I was treated for a disease I didn't have.

This is one of many many run-ins.

The medical word is crazy. Insurance will not cover eyes or teeth. Hello? We need to see and we need teeth..it helps to chew your food. But if a person uses marijuana for glaucoma they will be arrested..go figure.

Back to vaccinations. It is prevention. But, sometimes exposure boosts our immune system. I question studies. Studies are funded by groups who want something. Use the word agenda. I like to see the tax papers on who funds what for whom and why.

In the 1960's there were studies conducted all over the so called third world. And these great wonder drugs were to eliminate the diseases that the third world had. Last time I looked the diseases are still everywhere.

A few years ago I had to visit someone at a hospital. I noticed that many family members were in the hospital. I went and chatted with them. They were old folks. They got the flu shot. Poor things they all developed pneumonia and were very uncomfortable in the hospital. One of them even died.

The crazy mandated drug for prevention of cervical cancer in young girls..what??? When did parents lose the ability to make decisions for their children.

I keep referring to the 500 page pdf on the Medicines of the Prophet, it is somewhere in the cyberspace of TTI. Excellent.

And call me crazy. Illness is an expiation of sins. Think of the blessings that a person receives when they pray when they are sick. I would rather get it over with while I am here so I can go to where I dream of being.

If the Prophet of Allah, tells simple old me that Black Seed Oil is good for many many illness, do you think I am going to say hey wait a minute..let me get a shot in the arm of something else? Honey, look at all its uses.

I tend to have a little hippie-dippie in me. But, that is just me. I am a little unconventional, to say the least. In no way am I suggesting that a person do as I do.

I am suggesting that you read the fine print. I am suggesting that you question your physician. This is the simplest way I can put it: If there is an outbreak of lunacy on the moon is it really going to fly back here to hit me? With all the radiation leakage why have they not vaccinated us with a superduper you will not anti-radiation drug? How can you want to vaccinate me when every other day you are spraying me with chemtrails?
I question things, before I allow anything to be put into my bloodstream, what is the possibility of this particular disease popping up in my area of the world. When was the last time there was an outbreak of this nature? What are nutrients and vitamins that I can take to minimize exposure?

Funny thing..we question our God..but we never question that human being.

I apologize for being so wordy. There is a saying in the South..what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram

salam aleikum

that is scary yes, now the boy is about 23 years, makes a hard treatment that government provides...the doctor that gaved him the vaccin then was in depresion...a drama..
the truth behind all this...Allah knows, i dont know if they investigated more..
thats why i say the vaccins can be good but we should be carefull at the medical personal and to be informed in detail about everything, inchallah..
mashallah for your baby, may Allah protect him and you

Murad206

La ilaha illa-Allah.
Assalam Alaikum, the Illuminati is everywhere these days so you cant trust many people nowadays, and you don't know what's in that Vaccine. That's why I refuse to get my kids (if i have any) shots. Watch this video and you'll understand how the government controls almost everything http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iDq0Tdja4A .

Um Ibrahim

Murad, I watched that video, and its really creepy. I definitely believe in some of the things in there because it just cannot be a coincidence all of the things they talk about, however, I feel like some things are a little exaggerated. At the end of the day, shaytan will only overpower those who forget Allah and cause themselves the anger of Allah. May Allah protect us.

Getting back to the topic, I was just viewing some videos about vaccinations and I came on this one video about Dr.Oz. He, in this video clearly says, "My wife is NOT going to immunize my kids..." Really?! seriously, this is what causes people to have doubts about this stuff. Doctors telling people to have their children vaccinated but some refusing to immunizing their kids.

Aapa, you bring up good points.

Oh here's the link to the video I'm talking about: I don't know how to put the video here, so here's the link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGNn_prJXhg&feature=related

ShyHijabi

Murad, I watched that video, and its really creepy. I definitely believe in some of the things in there because it just cannot be a coincidence all of the things they talk about, however, I feel like some things are a little exaggerated. At the end of the day, shaytan will only overpower those who forget Allah and cause themselves the anger of Allah. May Allah protect us.

Getting back to the topic, I was just viewing some videos about vaccinations and I came on this one video about Dr.Oz. He, in this video clearly says, "My wife is NOT going to immunize my kids..." Really?! seriously, this is what causes people to have doubts about this stuff. Doctors telling people to have their children vaccinated but some refusing to immunizing their kids.

Aapa, you bring up good points.

Dr. Oz had Dr. Mercola on his show when talking about vaccinations. I quit watching him after that. Dr. Oz is becoming more and more flamboyant and doing stuff for shock value and ratings. I was furious when he told a woman with infertility to "just relax." Infertility is a medical condition and not a psychological one. I would've suggested some testing to see if her and her husband had any physiological issues before blaming the woman for being "not relaxed." He has no business advising outside his specialty in the first place. It's like a urologist advising a woman on menstrual health.

As a physician I agree with Aapa on some points. Question, question, question your doctors. Read the fine print but make sure your sources are educated in how the body and medicine works. Don't use blogs as your sources but rather peer reviewed articles that are evidenced based.

I am not opposed to holistic medicine but I do think there needs to be balance. While I think certain herbs such as garlic could be used for their antibiotic properties I also think prescribed meds should be brought on board for big illnesses such as pneumonia. We need to remember what the mortality rate used to be for children just 100 yrs ago before vaccines and antibiotics were created. It was very common for a woman to give birth to 8-10 kids and only 2-3 to survive to adulthood due to illnesses we now prevent. This is not a theory, it is fact. When people say they are not going to vaccinate their children I wonder if they would feel the same 100 years ago? I seriously doubt it.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Here were mentioned before narcolepcy cases in Finland as:

Experts in Finland revealed last month that children who had the vaccination were nine times more likely to develop narcolepsy.

Experts in Finland have found out that children whose have the risk of genetic for narcolepsy had more risk to get it after vaccination, not children whose hadn´t that risk already.

Hundred of thousands children vaccinated against H1N1 in Finland. Over 99% didn´t get narcolepsy.

They hadn´t that HLA DQB1*06:02-gene what might cause it?

ShyHijabi

Here were mentioned before narcolepcy cases in Finland as:

Experts in Finland have found out that children whose have the risk of genetic for narcolepsy had more risk to get it after vaccination, not children whose hadn´t that risk already.

Hundred of thousands children vaccinated against H1N1 in Finland. Over 99% didn´t get narcolepsy.

They hadn´t that HLA DQB1*06:02-gene what might cause it?

What was their sample size? Because narcolepsy is extremely rare and I have never heard of a gene for it. (though this may be a rare "orphan" disease in this case) If their sample size was say...10 children with the gene for narcolepsy and 3 of them had episodes after vaccination, it doesn't create causation. Make sense?

This sounds like the scientists cooked the numbers and inflated them. In statistics they do something called a Chi Square to artificially inflate the numbers because of small sample size. I suspect this is what was done.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

This has been matter of public discussion here (I am from Finland) but actionally here is only 78 cases of it after vaccination and spesialist can´t be sure does vaccination even be mean factor to them.

In north of Europe has already many different hereditary diseace that for experts it might takes years to find any connect.

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

Here is something I've seen from experience. In the US, there are more vaccinations from an early age - and somehow, the number of childhood diseases is more. Here in India, there aren't that many vaccinations, and children play in the dust and dirt, and grow up relatively healthier without any major doctor trips.

Now I'm not taking this from a medical or scientific point of view, just based on what I've seen. Hey, I was a kid born in the US and vaccinated and everything - but comparitively when I moved to India, as a little child, I used to get sick more easily than the other kids, and had to have frequent hospital trips.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Here is something I've seen from experience. In the US, there are more vaccinations from an early age - and somehow, the number of childhood diseases is more. Here in India, there aren't that many vaccinations, and children play in the dust and dirt, and grow up relatively healthier without any major doctor trips.

Now I'm not taking this from a medical or scientific point of view, just based on what I've seen. Hey, I was a kid born in the US and vaccinated and everything - but comparitively when I moved to India, as a little child, I used to get sick more easily than the other kids, and had to have frequent hospital trips.

This has nothing to do with vaccination. People in general in the "west" lives in environmental what is much more hygienic than in some other countries, thats why they get sick easier when they travel to different kind of place. Actually many allergies comes because of this reason, not because of vaccination.