Very Sad...

As-salamo'alaikum

Do you really think that this ongoing problem is political? Please realise, this is a burning SOCIAL problem.

What is the problem in having dialogues? If innocent lives could be saved.

no its not a case of one or the other. i didn't say its not a social problem. but one does not exclude the other. regardless of what you call it. burning or red hot or dripping wet or oily. this is not only a social problem. it is also a political problem. its not a case of either-or.

the pope is merely a figurehead. he was removed from any real decision-making power in 1533 when henry VIII separated the church and the state.

in essence this means that if usa or uk want to bomb a country, a pope has no power to stop it. when israeli soldiers bullet-riddled the statue of Mary in Bethelem the pope had no authority to stop them. you can play hanky-panky with the pope all you want but when push comes to shove he will not i repeat he will not answer your call.

Idris16

Regarding that the pope is weaering the cross,Alhadmulillah he has right on that.It is his religion and only waht we can do is to respect it,Inshallah.
May Allah guide us all
:wasalam:
:salam2:
What kind of right? Wearing a cross in a masjid?

miss_sunshine

"fear Allah Only"
"O" Allah guide the muslim ummah along the sirat-al mustaqeen. I dont mind him visiting the mosque but entering with his filthy shoes makes me mad. And Allahu alam he might have been in the toilet with same shoes subhanallah. If they would have told him to remove his shoes i am sure he woudln't mind. but these men are trying please him.may Allah forgive them.

mali1

I don't see any big deal in this. Why make such a big issue over such small matters? Don't we have any thing better to do?

Do you know that a neck tie symbolises a cross? That is what it was invented for. How many of us have not worn a tie to a mosque? Think about it.

noor_al_islam

I don't see any big deal in this. Why make such a big issue over such small matters? Don't we have any thing better to do?

Such small matters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:astag:

I'm afraid that we overlooked too many things as small matters. Thinking of things like this as small matters is what got this Ummah to this state of defeat in the first place.

فَمَن يَعۡمَلۡ مِثۡقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ خَيۡرً۬ا يَرَهُ ۥ (٧) وَمَن يَعۡمَلۡ مِثۡقَالَ ذَرَّةٍ۬ شَرًّ۬ا يَرَهُ ۥ (٨)
And whoso doeth good an atom's weight will see it then, (7) And whoso doeth ill an atom's weight will see it then. (8) Al-Zalzala-99

Everything counts, nothing is too small to ignore. Think about it.

Skywalker

As-salamo'alaikum

I think this is really a small matter. There are bigger issues to cater if anyone wants to show his or her sensitivity.

Come on if you want lets fight with the Christians over it. Lets criticise the Pope.

Sitting in our homes discussing those matters is very easy for us. I ask all of you to come up with a plan to end all our sufferings. It is not that easy. Enough of bloodshed. Stop this nonsense. Leave this pessimistic approach.

He has no political say but what about the social impact of his words. Consider common Christians who believe what he says.

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
^ Are you not aware of what this devil in human form said about our Prophet Muhammad :saw: ?

mali1

^ Are you not aware of what this devil in human form said about our Prophet Muhammad :saw: ?

What he (or for that matter anyone else) says about our beloved prophet, does not change the way our prophet was. Moreover, Allah will be hold him responsibile for what he said or did. We know that the pope will never revert but if Allah wills you never know that this visit may result in his reversion - Inshallah. Lets pray that Allah shows them the right way.

salek

What he (or for that matter anyone else) says about our beloved prophet, does not change the way our prophet was. Moreover, Allah will be hold him responsibile for what he said or did. We know that the pope will never revert but if Allah wills you never know that this visit may result in his reversion - Inshallah. Lets pray that Allah shows them the right way. (ameen)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
What kind of right? Wearing a cross in a masjid?

First of all brother

Assalamu Allaicomu

Yes dear brother,Alahdmulillah it is his right to wear it and to never take it off does not metter where he is.It is his religion and the same like we have feelings for our religion,he has the same feelings for his religion.Alhadmulillah Islaam teach us to respect other religions.
When we went with a school in Jewish house I was in my hijab and nobody told me to take it off,and noone was waching me on some untolerante way.I am wearing the necles where it writes Allah on Arabic,and if I ever enter again in some other Holy place of other religion,I would feel very hurted if someone would tell me to take it off.
And that is why Alahdmulillah we should respect other religions and thier feelings. We live in the same world and we should try to be tolerante to other religions brother.I hope Inshallah you understand me,because that is only for the sake of Islaam.And Allah subhan we teal knows the best.

May Allah guide us all

Musulmanin

Isn't there brown carpet rolled out on the masjid carpet? I think they spread the other carpet for people to walk with their shoes on.

Isra

aka Tree2008
First of all brother

Assalamu Allaicomu

Yes dear brother,Alahdmulillah it is his right to wear it and to never take it off does not metter where he is.It is his religion and the same like we have feelings for our religion,he has the same feelings for his religion.Alhadmulillah Islaam teach us to respect other religions.
When we went with a school in Jewish house I was in my hijab and nobody told me to take it off,and noone was waching me on some untolerante way.I am wearing the necles where it writes Allah on Arabic,and if I ever enter again in some other Holy place of other religion,I would feel very hurted if someone would tell me to take it off.
And that is why Alahdmulillah we should respect other religions and thier feelings. We live in the same world and we should try to be tolerante to other religions brother.I hope Inshallah you understand me,because that is only for the sake of Islaam.And Allah subhan we teal knows the best.

May Allah guide us all

As salamo alaikome........

Sister you are very wise. I agree with respecting all religions even though Islam is clearly the only true religion. Allah will forgive us if we are forgiving of others. We must live in this world of diversity and unfortunately not everyone has been chosen by Allah to know the true path. We must be tolerant of those less fortunate than ourselves. May Allah forgive those in error and protect us all. Ameen.

noor_al_islam

This is for all the peace loving brothers and sisters that have commented on this thread.

This is how the Christians made a Church in the city (Sedlek) of Czek Republic out of Muslims’ bones.

For this, in 1218, one of the Christians Ruler ‘HENERY’ on his pilgrim tour to ‘BAIT AL-MUQADDAS’ brought the bones of Muslims who were slaughtered after the Christians recaptured ‘BAIT AL-MUQADDAS’ from Muslims, in order to decorate the church in Sedlek.

In 1318 and 1511 and again in 1870, they continuously brought the bones to reinforce the beautification of the church.

Now this is the famous most church in the world just because it is made up of Muslim bones.

bones-1.jpg

bones-2.jpg

bones-3.jpg

bones-4.jpg

bones-5.jpg

bones-6.jpg

bones-7.jpg

I don't hate Christians nor do I hate jews. But I don't like their evil ways.
Can you imagine what would have been said all over the media about it
If this was a masque instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say if they are real bones, not just that of Muslims, it is absolutely disgusting that are used/displayed in such fashion, in fact that they are used at all, by such an organization – the Christian Church nonetheless, who should know better.

Wonder if the whats so called "pope" ever prayed there?

May Allah help us all.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
This is for all the peace loving brothers and sisters that have commented on this thread.

This is how the Christians made a Church in the city (Sedlek) of Czek Republic out of Muslims’ bones.

For this, in 1218, one of the Christians Ruler ‘HENERY’ on his pilgrim tour to ‘BAIT AL-MUQADDAS’ brought the bones of Muslims who were slaughtered after the Christians recaptured ‘BAIT AL-MUQADDAS’ from Muslims, in order to decorate the church in Sedlek.

In 1318 and 1511 and again in 1870, they continuously brought the bones to reinforce the beautification of the church.

Now this is the famous most church in the world just because it is made up of Muslim bones.

bones-1.jpg

bones-2.jpg

bones-3.jpg

bones-4.jpg

bones-5.jpg

bones-6.jpg

bones-7.jpg

I don't hate Christians nor do I hate jews. But I don't like their evil ways.
Can you imagine what would have been said all over the media about it
If this was a masque instead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say if they are real bones, not just that of Muslims, it is absolutely disgusting that are used/displayed in such fashion, in fact that they are used at all, by such an organization – the Christian Church nonetheless, who should know better.

Wonder if the whats so called "pope" ever prayed there?

May Allah help us all.

:eek:

La Hawlawala Quwwata Illa Billah

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
As salamo alaikome........

Sister you are very wise. I agree with respecting all religions even though Islam is clearly the only true religion. Allah will forgive us if we are forgiving of others. We must live in this world of diversity and unfortunately not everyone has been chosen by Allah to know the true path. We must be tolerant of those less fortunate than ourselves. May Allah forgive those in error and protect us all. Ameen.
Wa-alaykum salam wa rahmatullaah,

I dont think this has anything to do with tolerance of other religions.
I think this is really a small matter. There are bigger issues to cater if anyone wants to show his or her sensitivity.
It is not a small matter. I am not saying we blow the roofs off about this but at least take this as a yard stick by which to measure our current state as an Ummah, another indication for us that we have such a long way to go.

The pope is going as an honoured guest to AlQuds, many muslims are denied access there and this mushrik is allowed to roam freely? My point is that this is an important indication for us to realise yet again how far we are from where we should be. The story of Umar Ibn Al Khattab (r) entering AlQuds in such a humble way and the keys to the sancturies being handed straight over to him come to mind at times like these. And I could mention more about tolerance of Umar ibn al Khattab (r) had towards the christian population there, but like I said, that goes without saying, tolerance is an integral part of our deen and I don't know why that is being discussed here.

It would be wrong not to take some sort of lesson from the Pope's visit and disgard it as a 'small issue'

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
The pope is going as an honoured guest to AlQuds, many muslims are denied access there and this mushrik is allowed to roam freely?

This is too much. I never know this pope was walking in Al-Quds!!! Somebody must be so stupid to allow this pope who insulted the Prophet (Allah's peace and blessings be upon him) to roaming in a place when his own ally deny access to the rightful owner.