what is your test?

what are you tested on the most in this life?

• health

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • family

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • financial

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • sexual desire

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • other desire

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • other problems

Votes: 27 20.8%

• Total voters

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
I read this thread and its really quite humbling exprience, may Allaah easen the affairs of the muslim Ameen, 'With hardship comes ease'

Id say my test is ..'opportunity'

:salam2:

SwordofAllah16

Heros of Islam

for those who said sexual desire Prophet Muhammad :saw: did say that the single greatest fitna after dajaal He :saw: has left for his ummah are women...but the thing i don't get is how some people find the non-muslim women as fitna i tink the Sisters that are practising are more of a fitna then them trst me Islam beautifies a woman sooo much especially when a man must lower his gaze but alhamdulillah it saves us from trbl

al-fajr

...ism..schism
Staff member
may Allaah easen the affairs of the muslim Ameen, 'With hardship comes ease'

I disagree with myself lol.

May Allaah (s), strengthen all of you in face of your tests, make you better people through them, if he easens them then Alhamdulillaah, if not, then practise beautiful patience, know that your reward is in the Akhirah.

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Ahhh ,wow ,so many posts ,nice
lol ,
my problems infact my test ,and i have failed it ,,,i have nose dived , my iman level is so low,,i feel disgusted at my self ,i dont like my self at all now , i can trace back the problem , ,dont know if to share or not to ,but i think i have shared them before ,
health well for the last year i was suffereing from Malaria and typhoid ,,had to go 3 times in emergency ,well Alhamdullilah ,last time was in June ,its over ,and as strong as ox now ,Alhamdullilah
my family is the most awsome ,my mom is the greatest mom so is my dad ,May Allah bless them ,,,,and give them all the happiness in this world and the hereafter,
Finance ,i dont care about it ,at all ,,, i just wish i would go to some far place away ,and live a quite nice life ,with no one to disturb , and where i can pratice my religion ,at peace ,hehe...
i dont have any other desire ,
well i have voted for other problems
and sexual desire ,hmmm well
yes i think i should get married As soon as possible ,,but culture wont let me ,,,,stupid things i hate ,

yes i live in islamic country ,and quite honestly going out ,and you look up and you see a woman going in shalwar kammez( local dress in pakistan , and are so think that you can see the pores of the skins ,so things are bad here lol [ but not every one is like that ),but to tell you the truth covered women are the ones make me drool... ].

yes i should get married as soon as possible ,i think im about to ruin my hereafter ,,,,, Astagfirullah ,,,but things are grim ,
just prayers will help i guess
every one just need to remember every Muslim in his prayers ,

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Ahhh ,wow ,so many posts ,nice
lol ,
my problems infact my test ,and i have failed it ,,,i have nose dived , my iman level is so low,,i feel disgusted at my self ,i dont like my self at all now , i can trace back the problem , ,dont know if to share or not to ,but i think i have shared them before ,
health well for the last year i was suffereing from Malaria and typhoid ,,had to go 3 times in emergency ,well Alhamdullilah ,last time was in June ,its over ,and as strong as ox now ,Alhamdullilah
my family is the most awsome ,my mom is the greatest mom so is my dad ,May Allah bless them ,,,,and give them all the happiness in this world and the hereafter,
Finance ,i dont care about it ,at all ,,, i just wish i would go to some far place away ,and live a quite nice life ,with no one to disturb , and where i can pratice my religion ,at peace ,hehe...
i dont have any other desire ,
well i have voted for other problems
and sexual desire ,hmmm well
yes i think i should get married As soon as possible ,,but culture wont let me ,,,,stupid things i hate ,

yes i live in islamic country ,and quite honestly going out ,and you look up and you see a woman going in shalwar kammez( local dress in pakistan , and are so think that you can see the pores of the skins ,so things are bad here lol [ but not every one is like that ),but to tell you the truth covered women are the ones make me drool... ].

yes i should get married as soon as possible ,i think im about to ruin my hereafter ,,,,, Astagfirullah ,,,but things are grim ,
just prayers will help i guess
every one just need to remember every Muslim in his prayers ,

:lol: your post made me laugh not at ur problems just at the culture part same here marriage in my culture noo wait untill ur old lool anyway hope ur feeling better now imaan dips and rises i ask Allah to keep all our imaan steadfast on his path Ameen

I think the brothers have issues with their desires more than sisters as the prophet said that the biggest fitnah his ummah will face is women Its soo true i hope Allah preseves all our brothers from evils of thier desires Ameen :tti_sister:

Hang on in there brothers Fast if you get overwhelmed and inshallah instead of looking at girls you will be looking at food lol but really fasting and engaing in good deeds keep your desires at bay inshallah all of you guys should try it

:wasalam:

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

for those who said sexual desire Prophet Muhammad :saw: did say that the single greatest fitna after dajaal He :saw: has left for his ummah are women...but the thing i don't get is how some people find the non-muslim women as fitna i tink the Sisters that are practising are more of a fitna then them trst me Islam beautifies a woman sooo much especially when a man must lower his gaze but alhamdulillah it saves us from trbl

I am a sister and i always thought before this thread that the brothers where always distracted with looking at the non muslim women more than the practising ones but i guess its opposite here mashallah May Allah protect you and give you a pious wife Ameen

Where i live muslim boys go out with non muslim girls and then settle down with a muslim sister its sad really the girls are not looked our for or respected much like that subhanallah it annoys me because its like the sister is trapped by a unfaithful person :girl3:

Nurain

Asalamu alaykum sister do not worry. Did Allah not promise:

Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure, and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity – Surah Al-Nur (24:26)

Nurain

Insha'ALLAH may we get men who have eeman and are able to teach us (I do not think I will rest for anything lesser, wallahua'lam)

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah
Insha'ALLAH may we get men who have eeman and are able to teach us (I do not think I will rest for anything lesser, wallahua'lam)

Ameen to your dua sis lool i ask Allah to bless you and all sisters with a pious and knowledgeable husband Ameen :tti_sister:

i guess where i live i will have to rest for something less but i have hope Allah will deliver what is good for us :hearts:

meer suhail

ILM seeker
Asalam o Alykum
Muslim 18
well the culture , i hate anything that is not according to islamic values and shoved in the throat,,,
then from where i see it,,i think marriage has been on purpose made a huge huge spending festival ,way to unnecessary stuff
like on average the minimum you spend half million rupess ,,,which I think is absolute waste of money ,and that to depends on what gender is getting married . so spending is differrent from both ends ,
well i think is totally stupid ,just a simple hilal thing has been made so horrendously difficult that people tend to go the haram way,,,,,well the thing is simple ,
if when the water level rises in dam ,either you open the gate , ( i guess they are called spill ways ) or the dam will burst the walls or find another way.

and for me this is the one of the major hurdle being faced by the Ummah ( there have been many thread on this here before and marriage stands out to be the problem ) and it is a weak link and easy way for shaitan to knock you down.

well the only thing is that we have forgotten what our Beloved Messenger Muhammad ( saw) said in this regard,

ummi dhun-nuren

assalamu aleykum to everyone, joined today on strict instructions from my hubby lol...,he loves this site.

subhanallah sometimes i too ponder at the tests im going through but then i remember saying which goes.' allah tests those whom he loves', when i get tested and i feel so down about it i remember the saying and then i say allhamdulilah. and allhamdulilah i feel very privlidged to be chosen to be tested. *my test would have to be death of your children*very hard test to cope with but with excellant reward as my little one will be waiting for me in the gates of jannah inshallah.
to 'meer suhail', i hated culture too and still do, its the fact that people lack knowledge about islam, inshallah i hope you meet a pious and most god fearing muslimah.
fiamanillah everybody and wassalm.

Sakeena

:salam2: brothers and sisters :)

what is your test?... that you are always struggling with?

health, family, financial, sexual desire, other desires, other problems.

not listed above and would like to share, please do so...

wasalamo Alaikom

ALL OF THE ABOVE LOL :)

Kakorot

Wa'alaykum asalaam. Currently, my test is laziness and excessive laughter or jokes, acting childish and being immature. I think it's high time I start growing up and acting like an adult. Also, I waste a lot of valuable time in which I can make use of.

Btw, bit off topic but I'd just like to say tti and other islamic websites have helped me a lot in becoming a better Muslim. Before, I hardly used to visit this site but lately I've been coming on everyday, as I find it gives me the boost to better myself and I learn new stuff everyday. As you all know, the ummah is divided into so many different groups or sects and Alhamdulillaah tti is upon the correct understanding of Islam and the saved sect, that is we InshaAllaah follow the Qur'aan and the Sunnah with the understanding of the salaf. Before I didn't know this so, alhamdulillaah I found tti because today I would of been very confused and may of followed other deviated groups. Allaah bless you all!!!

arzafar

:salam2: brothers and sisters :)

what is your test?... that you are always struggling with?

1.health,
2.family,
3.financial,
4.sexual desire,
5.other desires,
6.other problems.

not listed above and would like to share, please do so...

wasalamo Alaikom

for me it's 3 and 4 :SMILY346:
But there is nothing to complain. even if man has everything he wants he still wont be happy.
Although i wish i could just leave all the worldly responsibilities and go to some deserted place to worship Allah in peace all my life or to do jihad.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

My biggest, greatest, hardest test is MYSELF. My Own Self. To fight against my bad, evil desires. Sometimes I feel like there is two side within myself :- the good and bad side which is ALWAYS in a "fight" to take over me. People doesn't give much influence to me, so its always about myself.

"A goodness is not when you have done a good deed, rather it is when you succeed in refraining yourself from doing an evil deed."

Not a single person in this world knows what I'm going through because I'm the type who always keep things to myself. But of course, Allaah, The Al-Mighty, The All-Knower knows EVERY single thing in this world.

I once felt peace in this life. A bliss, undescribable,precious peace felt within the deepest heart. This world is NOTHING compared to what I once felt. But Ya Allaah, me, being the weakest slave, have lost that peace. I lost it and since then, have been searching for it again. And indeed, it is sooo true that after every hardship, there is easiness. And it was after I was being tested, I gain that BLISS PEACE.

All this while, what kept me "alive" in this world is my faith. My imann may go up and down at times, but SubhanaAllaah, Allaah The Most Gracious still "look after me" in spite of my mistakes. I do know that I gain strengths, inner strengths from my faith. That once I have the strengths to face the tests in this world, InshaAllaahu Taa'la, NOTHING can ever stop me from "working" for Islam.

Being among the pious, good Muslims does help. Help in a sense that we feel lower than them, that they are way better than us. In some ways, it make us feel that we want to be good like them too. We want to be among the good, best as well.

Since it is the heart, our heart which is view by Allaah, I'm always struggling to keep it chaste, pure and clean. I'm not sure if that's the phase people go through but I always miss my old-self. Not that I want to remain being a child, a girl, but I miss the part when I haven't yet know that this world is bad in one side, that there are many evil things out there and that if one doesn't hold strongly to the rope of Allaah, he will be drown in this World full of fitna.

It does give me strengths when reminding myself of the great women ever lived in this world. Umm Al-Mukmineen Khadija radiyallahu anha, Mother Maryam radiyallahu anha and Asiah wife of Pharoah. MashaAllaah. How far am I compared to them?

And yeah, there were many times I feel like going to a faraway place, a peaceful isolated place where I can cry and worship Allaah alone.

Please forgive my rambling and whinning. I do tend to write excessively once I start to write.

I pray to Allaah that May we ALL die as shaheed/shaheedah, die in Islam and Imaan, gain the good endings in our life, and be gather again on The Day of Judgment and be given Our Book of Deeds with our right hand.

Aminn Aminn Aminn Ya Rabb Al-Alameen.

sarahlou

Assalamualaykum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

My biggest, greatest, hardest test is MYSELF. My Own Self. To fight against my bad, evil desires. Sometimes I feel like there is two side within myself :- the good and bad side which is ALWAYS in a "fight" to take over me. People doesn't give much influence to me, so its always about myself.

"A goodness is not when you have done a good deed, rather it is when you succeed in refraining yourself from doing an evil deed."

Not a single person in this world knows what I'm going through because I'm the type who always keep things to myself. But of course, Allaah, The Al-Mighty, The All-Knower knows EVERY single thing in this world.

I once felt peace in this life. A bliss, undescribable,precious peace felt within the deepest heart. This world is NOTHING compared to what I once felt. But Ya Allaah, me, being the weakest slave, have lost that peace. I lost it and since then, have been searching for it again. And indeed, it is sooo true that after every hardship, there is easiness. And it was after I was being tested, I gain that BLISS PEACE.

All this while, what kept me "alive" in this world is my faith. My imann may go up and down at times, but SubhanaAllaah, Allaah The Most Gracious still "look after me" in spite of my mistakes. I do know that I gain strengths, inner strengths from my faith. That once I have the strengths to face the tests in this world, InshaAllaahu Taa'la, NOTHING can ever stop me from "working" for Islam.

Being among the pious, good Muslims does help. Help in a sense that we feel lower than them, that they are way better than us. In some ways, it make us feel that we want to be good like them too. We want to be among the good, best as well.

Since it is the heart, our heart which is view by Allaah, I'm always struggling to keep it chaste, pure and clean. I'm not sure if that's the phase people go through but I always miss my old-self. Not that I want to remain being a child, a girl, but I miss the part when I haven't yet know that this world is bad in one side, that there are many evil things out there and that if one doesn't hold strongly to the rope of Allaah, he will be drown in this World full of fitna.

It does give me strengths when reminding myself of the great women ever lived in this world. Umm Al-Mukmineen Khadija radiyallahu anha, Mother Maryam radiyallahu anha and Asiah wife of Pharoah. MashaAllaah. How far am I compared to them?

And yeah, there were many times I feel like going to a faraway place, a peaceful isolated place where I can cry and worship Allaah alone.

Please forgive my rambling and whinning. I do tend to write excessively once I start to write.

I pray to Allaah that May we ALL die as shaheed/shaheedah, die in Islam and Imaan, gain the good endings in our life, and be gather again on The Day of Judgment and be given Our Book of Deeds with our right hand.

Aminn Aminn Aminn Ya Rabb Al-Alameen.

Ameen. I know how you feel. It felt as if every word you wrote has crossed my mind a thousand times. Masha Allah you are a wonderful writer. :hearts:.

Miss Aaliyah

I can't decide just one. As living alone convert unmarried woman with bad economy not satisfied with my studies and not feeling like something good will happen for a long time it's many things that I struggle with. I feel depressed often because of it but alhamdolillah.