what is your test?

what are you tested on the most in this life?

• health

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • family

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • financial

Votes: 13 10.0%
  • sexual desire

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • other desire

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • other problems

Votes: 27 20.8%

• Total voters

a_brother

Make dua for us all
:salam2:

THE EVER-LIVING NEVER SLEEPS

THE EVER-LIVING NEVER SLEEPS​

Both of them lived in a small town that was populated by only tens or hundreds of people. He was in love with her, and so when he saw her walking alone one night, he followed her until he had her cornered. When he came near to her, he said, "Woman, I crave for you."

She said, "First go and see if all the people are asleep."

Very pleased at her response, he walked around the town and returned. "Everyone is asleep," he said.

"What about Allah Azza wa Jal?" she asked. "Is He sleeping at this hour?"

"Woman, what are you saying?" he exclaimed. "Indeed, Allah does not sleep: neither slumber nor sleep overtake Him."

"The One Who hasn't slept and doesn't sleep sees us, even if people don't see us," she said. "Do you not fear He Who neither sleeps nor is heedless of anything that happens?"

The man left her alone with tears flowing from his eyes, having nothing in mind except the desire to repent to the One Who neither sleeps nor is heedless of anything that happens.

http://abdurrahman.org/inspirational/

a_brother

Make dua for us all

Traps of Iblees

Traps of Iblees

by Imâm Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyyah
http://www.islaam.net/

It is not possible to encompass one of Iblees' evils, let alone all of them. Since Iblees' evil is of six types, Iblees remains behind the son of Adam until he gets him to do one or more of these six evils.

One

THE FIRST EVIL IS THE EVIL OF KUFR AND SHIRK and enmity to Allaah (SWT) and His Messenger (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam). If he gains this from the son of Adam, his moaning is eased, and he rests from his ordeal with this man. Further, this is the first thing Iblees wants from the worshipper (al-'Abd). If Iblees gains this, he makes this person part of his army, one of his soldiers, and he appoints him as a deputy or agent against other human beings. Then, this person becomes one of the deputies or callers of Iblees.

Two

If he despairs of enticing him with the first evil, and if this person is one of those for whom it was written that he would be a Muslim in his mother's womb, Iblees tries:

the SECOND CLASS OF EVIL. THIS IS BID'AH (innovation). Iblees loves Bid'ah more than debauchery and disobedience because the harm of Bid'ah is in the essence of the religion. Moreover, it is an unrepentable sin and is against the call of the messengers and is a call to a message different from the one conveyed by Ar-Rasool. Bid'ah is a gate to Kufr and Shirk. Therefore, if Iblees gains the performance of Bid'ah from a person and makes him one of the people of Bid'ah, he also becomes one of his agents and a caller of his.

Three

If Iblees fails and is unable to trap Al-'Abd at this class, and if he is one of those who were granted by Allaah (SWT) the gift of As-Sunnah and hatred of the people of Bid'ah and error, he proceeds to:

the THIRD CLASS OF EVIL, which is the class of MAJOR SINS in their various forms.

Iblees is very covetous of letting a person fall into major sin, especially if he is a scholar who is followed. Iblees is covetous of that, so that he may repel people from him and spread his sins and disobedience amongst the people. He uses some people as his agents to spread this person's sins under the false pretence that this will help them to get closer to Allaah. But in fact this person is the deputy of Iblees without knowing it. For those who would like abomination to be spread amongst the believers there is a great torment in this life and in the Hereafter especially if they take charge of spreading about enormities, not out of advice, but by obeying Iblees and being his agent. All this is to repel people from the Scholar and from his benefit.

Furthermore, the sins of this person (scholar), even if they reach the sky, are less to Allaah (SWT) than the sins of those who would like to spread his sins about. The scholar's sins are wrongdoing to himself. If he seeks forgiveness from Allaah (SWT) and repents, Allaah (SWT) will accept his repentance, and He will change his bad deeds to good deeds. However, the sin of those who spread about abominations are doing wrong to the believers by looking for their mistakes and by intending to expose them. Allaah (SWT) is in close observation, and He knows about this ambuscade. Nothing hidden in the chest or soul is hidden to Allaah (SWT).

Four

If Iblees is unable to snare Al-'Abd at this degree he moves him to:

the FOURTH CLASS, or the MINOR SINS. These sins may ruin a person if they accumulate. That is why Ar-Rasool (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) said, Be aware of the minor sins, because the simile of the minor sin is like the people who went to a desert. Then he (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) mentioned a Hadeeth the meaning of which is that every one of them brought a stick of wood until they had kindled a huge fire (just as the minor sins add up little by little until they become a major sin). The person continues taking the matter of minor sins easily until he considers them inconsequential. Therefore, a person who commits major sins but fears their effect is in a better condition than he is.

Five

If the Al-'Abd has prevented Iblees from trapping him at this level, he moves him to the fifth level:

The FIFTH LEVEL IS TO OCCUPY HIM WITH PERMISSIBLE THINGS that do not gain him reward or punishment. However, the punishment of this level is caused by passing the reward missed by being occupied with these deeds.

Six

If Al-'Abd has kept Iblees from succeeding at this level, and if he is careful about his time, being covetous with it, knows the value of moments, and knows the value of what comes of comfort or torment, Iblees transfers him to the sixth level:

The SIXTH CLASS is to OCCUPY HIM WITH DEEDS OF LESSER REWARD to keep virtue away from him and to prevent him from attaining the reward of the favoured deed.

Therefore, he orders him to do a good action with less reward if that includes leaving a better action. Very few people are aware of this. Because if a person feels a strong urge to some kind of obedience, he does not doubt that it is true obedience and that he is getting closer to Allaah (SWT).. He never thinks that this call is from Iblees because he believes that Iblees never calls one to do good. Therefore, he thinks that this call is from Allaah (SWT).. Actually he is excused because he never knew that Iblees would call one to seventy doors of good deeds either to get him to one door of evil or to let a better deed than these seventy deeds pass away from him.

This cannot be known except by a light from Allaah (SWT),, a light he instils in the heart of Al-'Abd. The source of this type of knowledge is following the way of Ar-Rasool (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam) and taking care of the levels of deeds with Allaah (SWT),, the deeds of His favoured ones, the deeds more pleasing to Him, and those more beneficial to Al-'Abd, and deeds that have more Naseehah (guidance) from Allaah (SWT),, His Rasool, His Book, and His believing worshippers. No one has this type of knowledge except the inheritors of Ar-Rasool (sallallaahu 'alaihi wa sallam), his deputies in the Ummah, and his successors on earth. In addition, most of the creation is screened from this. This call does not come to their hearts. Allaah (SWT) gives His favour to whomever He wills from among His worshippers.

Seven

If Al-'Abd prevents Iblees from trapping him at any of these six levels, and if it becomes difficult for Iblees, he empowers his party of jinn and human beings with different kinds of harm:

IMPUTING DISBELIEF TO HIM, CALLING HIM MISGUIDED AND AN INNOVATOR, WARNING PEOPLE AGAINST HIM, and intending to weaken him and to disturb his heart. Iblees, by using this method, tries to confuse this person's thinking and tries to PREVENT PEOPLE FROM BENEFITING FROM HIM. Therefore Iblees expends his utmost effort to empower the defenders of falsehood, from human beings and from jinn, against him. Then the believer is at war until death. Whenever he gives up, he is hurt or is taken captive. Hence the believer is in Jihad until he meets with Allaah (SWT)..

Finally, I hope you take note of this chapter and think about its great benefit. Moreover, make this knowledge your balance to weigh people and deeds. This shows you some universal realities and the level of people. Allaah (SWT) is the one from whom I seek aid, and on Him I depend.

Zaynab123

Subhana Allah!

Aww, masha Allah. u do alot insha Allah don't worry sis, Allah subhana wata'ala will reward u for it. you are really a hardworker and that really good. and to be honest i missed ur posts and videos most. may Allah subhana wata'ala reward u for it and grant u success in this life and the hereafter ameen. love u too Sis for the sake of Allah.....:hearts: and take care.....:)

:wasalam:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Are You Not Satisfied?

Are You Not Satisfied?...

Are You Not Satisfied?​

By Ahmed Hussein El Azhary
Islamic Researcher—Egypt

After the conquest of Hunayn, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) distributed the war booty in a manner that was not comprehended by a few young men of the Ansar (Arabic for: Muslims of Madinah). Some of them were sharp-tongued and showed some resentment. They were deprived of Hunayn's war booty although they had been the ones who were involved in its hardships, the first to respond to the command of the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him), steadfast till the defeat turned into victory. After all of what they did, they saw those who escaped at the beginning of the battle fill their hands with the booty while they were given nothing.

According to the Imam Ibn Ishaq, the great Muslim scholar of Hadith and historian, when the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) had given Quraish and Arab tribes those gifts and allotted nothing to the Ansar, a group of the Ansar felt so uneasy about it that many ill-advised statements against the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) were spread among them to an extent that one of them said, "By Allah, the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him) was ill-spoken of by his folks!" And those statements went on spreading till Sa`d ibn `Ubadah met the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings be upon him).

Sa`d ibn `Ubadah said, "O Messenger of Allah, this group of the Ansar are furious at you about the distribution of the booty that you had won. You have allotted shares to your own kinsmen and forwarded lots of gifts to the Arab tribes. But this group has obtained nothing."

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) asked Sa`d, "Sa`d, what do you think of all that?"

Sa`d replied, "O Messenger of Allah. You know that I am but a member of this group."

"Call out on your people, and bring them forth to me in this shed," said the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

As soon as the Messenger (peace and blessings be upon him) faced them, he thanked Allah and praised Him, then said to them inquiring, "I have been told that you are angry with me. Didn't I come to you when you were astray and Allah guided you? You were poor and Allah gave you wealth. Weren't you foes and Allah made you love one another?"

"Yes, Allah and His Messenger are better and more gracious," they said.

Then he said, "What prevents you from replying to the Messenger of Allah, O tribe of Ansar?"

They said, "What should be the reply, O Messenger of Allah, while to the Lord and to his Messenger belong all benevolence and grace."

The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) again said,

But by Allah, you might have answered and answered truly, for I would have testified to its truth myself: "You came to us belied and rejected, and we accepted you; helpless, and we helped you; a fugitive, and we took you in; poor and we comforted you."

You Ansar, do you feel anxious for the things of this world, wherewith I have sought to incline these people unto the Faith in which you are already established?

Are you not satisfied, O group of Ansar, that the people go with ewes and camels while you go along with the Messenger of Allah to your dwellings?

By Him in Whose Hand is my life, had there been no migration, I would have been one of the Ansar.

If the people would go through a valley and passage, and the Ansar go through another valley and passage, I would go through the valley and passage of the Ansar.

Allah, have mercy on the Ansar, their children, and their children's children.
The audience wept until tears rolled down their beards as they said, "Yes, we are satisfied, O Prophet of Allah, with our lot and share."

I also weep when I read the Prophet's words, "Are you not satisfied, O group of Ansar, that the people go with ewes and camels while you go along with the Messenger of Allah to your dwellings?"

I read his words and I listen to them with my heart and ask myself, "Am I satisfied to be with the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him)? Am I satisfied with following his Sunnah regardless of what worldly matters I may miss on? Am I satisfied with things he permitted and other things he prohibited I have no need of?" I ask myself these questions, and I want to say "Yes" from the bottom of my heart. Yes, I am satisfied.

Whenever you feel it is hard to give away on desires, imagine that the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) is saying to you especially, "Are you not satisfied that the people have their sins while you have the Messenger of Allah?"

Trust me, you and I still have the chance to meet the Prophet in Paradise. All we have to do is to submit to his commands. We have to acknowledge that we are in need of his guidance. We need the Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) more than the need of the body to its soul, the eye to its light, and the soul to its life. He has guided to every good and warned against every evil. He is the light sent by Allah to take human beings from the slavery of desires and idols to the servitude of Almighty Allah. He is the mercy sent to all beings.

The Companions understood this reality to the point that they submitted to the Prophet's commands even though it may appear contradicting to what they see with their very eyes or know by their intellect. Rafi` ibn Khadeej, one of the Prophet's companions, once said, "The Prophet has forbade us to do something we used to think it is beneficial, but the obedience to Allah and His messenger is more beneficial to us." (Muslim)

Can we be like the Companions in the way they followed the Prophet's Sunnah? Yes, we definitely can.

Sometimes, all we lack is strong determination and resolution. I remember now the words of one of our pious predecessors, "Would the Companions of the Prophet think that they did not leave steadfast Muslims to carry on after them? By Allah, we will strive to crowd with them around the Prophet at the basin of Paradise on the Day of Judgment."

So, make a resolution to yourself at this moment that you will learn more about the Prophet, you will learn how to practice his Sunnah in every aspect of your life, and you will deliver this message to others.

This is our time, brothers and sisters, we cannot refill it. Once it is gone, it is gone forever. Be up to the task, pray to Almighty Allah, be sincere, and love your Prophet more than you love yourselves.

In sha' Allah, we all meet in Paradise around our beloved Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him).

Mairo

Maryama
:ma:

This is a really great thread. May Allah reward you for all of the ways you seek to encourage your brothers and sisters, ABROTHER!

I make sincere dua for all of my brothers and sisters who are still patiently waiting to meet their mate that Allah has promised for them, that Allah will provide them all with pious spouses who will be a mercy and source of love and understanding.

[7.189] He it is Who created you from a single being, and of the same (kind) did He make his mate, that he might incline to her; so when he covers her she bears a light burden, then moves about with it; but when it grows heavy, they both call upon Allah, their Lord: If Thou givest us a good one, we shall certainly be of the grateful ones.

[19.96] Surely (as for) those who believe and do good deeds for them will Allah bring about love.

So hang in there and surely Allah will provide us with everything we need to overcome our tests.

:tti_sister:

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Asalamo Alaikom sister Mairo

Waeyakom sister :)

May Allah accept your dua.
Thank you for sharing those beautiful verses...

a_brother

Make dua for us all

Means of helping oneself to lower one’s gaze

My question involves a complicated issue. Here in Canada, there is a lack of morals, people, women espically wear almost no clothing. My problem is that I cannot stop looking at these so called clothed women. I know that marriage is obligitory upon me, other than moving to a Muslim country(which I cannot do right now), what, if any advice could you help me in dealing with this problem.

Praise be to Allaah.

We have said here many times that it is not permissible for one who has no legitimate shar’i excuse to remain in the kaafir lands. This land is filled with kufr, immorality and sin, and people there deviate from the fitrah (sound innate human nature) with which Allaah has created them. One of the immoral actions that are widespread in those countries is immoral and wanton display (tabarruj), whereby women hardly wear anything that covers them, as the questioner has said.

This situation leads to haraam things and major sins, including mixing, touching and zina (unlawful sexual relationships), all of which stem from looking.

Sharee’ah came to forbid the ways that lead to immorality, one of which is looking at non-mahram women.

1 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts)”

[al-Noor 24:30]

Imaam Ibn Katheer said:

This is a command from Allaah to His believing slaves to lower their gaze and refrain from looking at that which is forbidden to them. So they should not look at anything except that which they are permitted to look at, and they should lower their gaze and refrain from looking at forbidden things. If it so happens that a person’s gaze accidentally falls upon something forbidden, he should quickly avert his gaze.

Tafseer Ibn Katheer, 3/282

2 – Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And when you ask (his wives) for anything you want, ask them from behind a screen, that is purer for your hearts and for their hearts”

[al-Ahzaab 33:53]

3 – It was narrated that Jareer ibn ‘Abd-Allaah said: “I asked the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) about a sudden glance, and he commanded me to avert my gaze.”

(Narrated by Muslim, 2159)

al-Nawawi said:

What is meant by a “sudden glance” is when a person’s glance unintentionally falls upon a non-mahram woman. There is no sin on him for the first glance, but he must avert his gaze immediately. If he averts his gaze immediately there is no sin on him, but if he continues looking, then he will be a sinner, because of this hadeeth, for the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) commanded him to avert his gaze, and Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things)”

Men must lower their gaze and refrain from looking at them in all circumstances, unless that is for a valid shar’i reason, such as giving testimony, medical treatment, wanting to propose marriage, buying a slave woman, engaging in financial transactions such as buying and selling, etc. In all these cases it is permissible to look as much as is needed, and no more. And Allaah knows best.

Sharh Muslim, 14/139

Secondly:

There are means which help a person to lower his gaze, and we ask Allaah to help you to do them:

1 – Bearing in mind the fact that Allaah is watching you, that He sees you and is with you (by His knowledge) wherever you go. It may be a secretive glance of which your neighbour is unaware, but Allaah knows of it. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah knows the fraud of the eyes, and all that the hearts conceal”

[Ghaafir 40:19]

2 – Seeking the help of Allaah, beseeching Him and calling upon Him (du’aa’). Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And your Lord said: Invoke Me [i.e. believe in My Oneness (Islamic Monotheism) and ask Me for anything] I will respond to your (invocation).”

[Ghaafir 40:60]

3 – You should know that every blessing you enjoy comes from Allaah, and requires that you should give thanks. Part of the gratitude for the blessing of sight means that you should protect it from looking at that which Allaah has forbidden. Is there any reward for good, other than good? [cf. al-Rahmaan 55:60] Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And whatever of blessings and good things you have, it is from Allaah”

[al-Nahl 16:53]

4 – Striving with your self and training yourself to lower your gaze and be patient in doing so, and not giving up. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning:

“As for those who strive hard in Us (Our Cause), We will surely guide them to Our paths (i.e. Allaah’s religion — Islamic Monotheism)”

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:69]

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever seeks to be chaste, Allaah will make him chaste, and whoever seeks to be independent of means, Allaah will make him independent of means, and whoever strives to be patient, Allaah will make him patient…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1400)

5 – Avoiding places where a person feels he will be exposed to the temptation of looking, if he can manage to avoid them, such as going to marketplaces or malls, and sitting in the street. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Beware of sitting in the street.” They said, “We have no alternative; that is where we sit and talk.” He said, “If you insist on sitting there, then give the street its rights.” They said, “What are the rights of the street?” He said, “Lowering the gaze and refraining from causing offence…” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2333; Muslim, 2121).

6 – You should realize that you have no choice in this matter, regardless of what the circumstances are and no matter how great the temptation or motive to do evil, and no matter what emotions and overwhelming desires stir in your heart. You must lower your gaze and refrain from looking at haraam things in all places and at all times. You cannot use excuses such as the environment being corrupt or justify your mistakes by saying that there is a lot of temptation around. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allaah and His Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their decision. And whoever disobeys Allaah and His Messenger, he has indeed strayed into a plain error”

[al-Ahzaab 33:36]

7 – Doing a lot of naafil acts of worship, because doing a lot of them whilst also regularly doing obligatory acts of worship is a means of protecting one's physical faculties. According to a hadeeth qudsi, Allaah said: “… and My slave continues to draw close to Me with supererogatory (naafil) works so that I shall love him. And when I love him, I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask (something) of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it.” (al-Bukhaari, 6137

8 – Remembering that the earth on which sin is committed will bear witness. Allaah says:

“That Day it will declare its information (about all that happened over it of good or evil)”

[al-Zalzalah 99:4]

9 – Remembering the angels who are recording your deeds. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“But verily, over you (are appointed angels in charge of mankind) to watch you,

Kiraaman (Honourable) Kaatibeen —writing down (your deeds),

They know all that you do”

[al-Infitaar 82:10-12]

10 – Bearing in mind some of the texts which forbid letting the gaze wander freely, such as the verse in which Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Tell the believing men to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things)”

11 – Avoiding looking unnecessarily, so that you only look at what you need to look at, and you do not let your gaze wander right and left so that it falls upon something the effects and fitnah of which cannot be got rid of quickly.

12 – Marriage, which is one of the most effective remedies. The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever can afford it, let him get married, for it is more effective in lowering the gaze and in guarding one’s chastity. And whoever cannot afford it, let him fast, for it will be a shield for him.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1806; Muslim, 1400).

13 – Fasting – because of the hadeeth quoted above.

14 – Doing obligatory acts of worship as Allaah has commanded, such as prayer. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Verily, As‑Salaah (the prayer) prevents from Al‑Fahshaa’ (i.e. great sins of every kind, unlawful sexual intercourse) and Al‑Munkar (i.e. disbelief, polytheism, and every kind of evil wicked deed)”

[al-‘Ankaboot 29:45]

15 – Remembering al-hoor al-‘ayn, which will give you a motive to be patient in avoiding that which Allaah has forbidden, hoping to get al-hoor al-‘ayn. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Companions of Equal Age ”

[al-Naba’ 78:33]

And the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “… If a woman of the people of Paradise were to look out over the people of this earth, it would light up everything in between and fill it with fragrance, and the veil of her head is better than this world and everything in it.” (Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 2643).

16 – Bearing in mind the shortcomings of the one who is looked at and the filth and waste material they carry in their gut.

17 – Being ambitious and focusing on nobler things.

18 – Checking on yourself from time to time and striving to make yourself lower your gaze whilst realizing that everyone makes mistakes.

19 – Thinking of the pain and regret that will result from this looking, and the effects of letting one’s gaze wander.

20 – Understanding the benefits of lowering one's gaze, as mentioned above.

21 – Bringing up this topic in meetings and gatherings, and explaining its dangers.

22 – Advising your relatives, telling them not to wear clothes that attract attention and show their attractions, such as how they dress, wearing bright colours, how they walk, speaking too softly, etc.

23 – Warding off passing thoughts and whispers from the Shaytaan before they take hold and are acted upon. Whoever lowers his gaze after the first glance will be saved from innumerable problems, but if he keeps looking he cannot be certain that seeds that will be difficult to remove will not be planted in his heart.

25 – Being afraid of a bad end, and of feeling regret at the point of death.

26 – Keeping company with good people, because you are naturally affected by the characteristics of the people you mix with, and a person will follow the way of his close friend, and a friend will pull you to follow his way.

27 – Knowing that the zina of the eye is looking, and that should be sufficient to put you off.

Adapted from an essay entitled Ghadd al-Basr (Lowering the Gaze) by a student of sharee’ah.

And Allaah knows best.

http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/20229

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu Alaykum

You should add the deen on the poll. Like struggle to be the best Muslima a sister or brother could be. Struggling to pray on time. Reading the Quran everyday.....

a_brother

Make dua for us all
Assalamu Alaykum

You should add the deen on the poll. Like struggle to be the best Muslima a sister or brother could be. Struggling to pray on time. Reading the Quran everyday.....
Asalamo Alaikom brother TheKnowledgeSeeker :)

I agree with you aki...

PS. I can't edit the poll

Wasalamo alaikom :)

a_brother

Make dua for us all

bringing this thread back to life :D since we have many new members...

current poll...

what are you tested on the most in this life?
health 5 6.58%
family 18 23.68%
financial 7 9.21%
sexual desire 27 35.53%
other desire 2 2.63%
other problems 17 22.37%
Voters: 76. You have already voted on this poll

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Sexual Desire :( im turning 18 in 2 months and also starting university in about a month.. its gonna be so hard to lower my gaze :( inshallah I will work on it and my patience and may Allah swt grant you all happiness, patience and self control with the same problem and the other problems
(children, depression, etc) :D

slave_of_Allah

Assalamu alikum

The biggest test for me is my health. It's so hard for me to eat, the food doesn't seem to want to go down. But alhamdillah i can't complain, the most important thing is that i get through the day, i couldn't ask for anything more. Alhamdillah.

Please remember me in your du'as. Jazka'Allah.

Wa'alikum aslaam.

fada_all

salam alikom

my answer was health beacuse i misundertood u , as i thought that the testes is allah swt when he test in life about our health..

thanks brother

jazaka allah kol khair..

salam alikom

islamisthesolution

may Allah be with you sister

Assalamu alikum

The biggest test for me is my health. It's so hard for me to eat, the food doesn't seem to want to go down. But alhamdillah i can't complain, the most important thing is that i get through the day, i couldn't ask for anything more. Alhamdillah.

Please remember me in your du'as. Jazka'Allah.

Wa'alikum aslaam.

i wont forget you in du3aa inshallah may Allah help you and you be able to get through it
and for m i have seen alot of tests but i guess its in mezan hasanati
jazakum Allahu khyran

a_brother

Make dua for us all

May Allah help us all in our tests in this life and grant us Jannat-Al-Firdawsh Al-A3laa...

How to Remove Depression and Worries

By : Shaikh Saleem Al Hilali

Mankind comes across many afflictions and trials, sometimes in overwhelming sequences. Removing the darkness of these worries, distresses, depression and grief is a very important matter to which Islaam gives serious attention...

Indeed the greatest darkness to envelope mankind and surely his greatest affliction is disbelief in Allah and to associate partners with Him in any form (kufr and shirk).

Allah is the Protector of those who have faith He will lead them from the depths of darkness into light. . As for those who disbelieve, their patrons are the devils: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (for ever). AL-BAQARAH 2.257

Whereby Allah guides him who seeks His good pleasure to paths of peace and safety. He brings them out of darkness unto light by His decree, and guides them unto a straight path. AL-MAAIDAH 5.016

Those who deny Our revelations are deaf and dumb in darkness. Whoever Allah wills He sends astray, and whom He wills He places on a straight path. AL-AN'AM 6.039

The scholars of Islaam have extracted from the Qur'aan and the authentic Sunnah many remedies and cures to help us in our daily affairs and remove our problems.

At-Tawheed
Singling out Allah alone, Glory be to Him, for all types of worship and recognising His Lordship and having faith in the unity of His Lofty Names and Attributes. There would be anarchy if there was more than one deity.

If there were, in the heavens and the earth, other gods besides Allah, there would have been confusion in both! But glory to Allah, the Lord of the Throne, (High is He) above what they attribute to Him! AL-ANBIYA' 21.022

Allah strikes a comparison between a Muslim and a mushrik (disbeliever). The man with one master (i.e. upon Tawheed) has no worries as to who to obey, so he has no confusion nor dilemmas. The second man is confused as to who to obey first, in whom he must put his trust especially as they are quarrelling amongst each other. The mushrik is left to Shaitaan and his desires to direct him out of his confusion. However the Muslim who recognises his Lord as One, knows that Allah is the One who rescues His slave when he is in grief.

Allah puts forth a parable; a man belonging to many partners quarrelling with each other, and a man belonging entirely to one master: are those two equal? Praise be to Allah! But most of them have no knowledge. AZ-ZUMAR 39.029

In the beautiful story of Yusuf (alayhe as-salaam) his fellow prisoners were in distress to know the meaning or interpretation of their dreams.

Now with him there came into the prison two young men. Said one of them: "I see myself (in a dream) pressing wine." The other said: "I see myself (in a dream) carrying bread on my head, and birds eating it." (They said) "Tell us the meaning of the dreams, for we see that you are a good doer." YUSUF 12.036

o what was the first thing that this noble prophet of Allah (alayhe as-salaam) said to his companions? What was his reply? He called them to that which will provide them with immediate relief - the b lief that there is no deity worthy of worship except Allah - at-Tawheed.

"O my two companions of the prison! (I ask you): are many lords differing among themselves better, or Allah, the Supreme and Irresistible?" YUSUF 12.039

Mankind without Tawheed is astray, captured by Shaitaan and there lives in chaos as explained in Allah's statement:

Don't you see that We have set the devils on the disbelievers to confound them with confusion? MARYAM 19.083

So the one upon true Tawheed, Allah helps him and removes grief from him. There are many verses which eludes to this but suffice us for the moment the story of Yunus (alayhe as-salaam). He (alayhe as-salaam) had lost hope in his people who were not responding to his call to Islaam. So he (alayhe as-salaam) left them and eventually Allah caused him (alayhe as-salaam) to be in the belly of a large fish.

So wait with patience for the Command of your Lord, and be not like the Companion of the Fish, when he cried out in deep sorrow. AL-QALAM 68.048

In his sorrow and anguish, Yunus (alayhe as-salaam) cried out, but to whom? He (alayhe as-salaam) called his Lord.

And remember Dhun-Nun (Yunus), when he went off in anger: He imagined that We had no power over him! But he cried through the depths of darkness, "There is no deity worthy of worship except You, glorified and exhalted be You, indeed I was from the wrong-doers!" AL-ANBIYA' 21.087

Darkness upon darkness enveloped him (alayhe as-salaam):

a) the darkness of the depths of the ocean,
b) the darkness of the belly of the fish,
c) the darkness of the night.

He (alayhe as-salaam) called upon Allah, the One who can remove all distresses, he called upon Him with correct at-Tawheed and Allah removed his worries immediately.

Responding and Complying (Istijaabah)

To accept and answer to the deen of Allah and His Messenger, Muhammad (SAAS) completely as the aayah says:

O you who believe! Respond to Allah (by obeying Him) and (His) Messenger (SAAS) when He calls you to that which will give you life; and know that Allah comes in between a man and his heart, and that it is He to Whom you shall (all) be gathered. AL-ANFAL 8.024

The repercussion of rejecting the Call to His deen is grievous and its result is the greatest of sorrows in the Hereafter. The disbeliever will be raised and wail to His Lord (Whom he denied in the world):

He will say: "O my Lord! Why have You raised me up blind, while I had sight (before)? TA-HA 20.125

Allah will reply to him with complete justice:

He (Allah) will say: So (it must be). Our revelations came to you (in the world) but you did reject them. In like manner this Day you are forgotten (rejected). TA-HA 20.126

Not only will Allah reject the disbeliever but he will also be humiliated by Shaitaan who the mushrik took as his close companion and responded to his (Shaitaan's) call.

And Shaitaan will say when the matter has been decided, "Verily Allah promised you a promise of truth. I too promised you but I betrayed you. I had no authority over you except that I called you and you responded to me. So blame me not, but blame yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can you help me. I deny your former act in associating me (Shaitaan) as a partner with Allah." Verily, there is a painful torment for the transgressors. IBRAHEEM 14.22

So we urge you brothers and sisters to respond to and comply with Allah's religion and enter it completely.

O you who believe! Enter into Islam whole-heatedly and follow not the footsteps of the Shaitaan, for he is to you an open, avowed enemy. AL-BAQARAH 2.208

Belief in the Divine Decree (Qadr)

Qadr is an established part of the religion and is included in our belief. In the famous "Hadeeth of Jibreel" (alaihe-as-salaam) when he asked the Messenger (SAAS) about Islaam, Eemaan and Ihsaan, he (SAAS) replied about Eemaan:

That you affirm your faith in Allah, in His angels, in His Books, in His Apostles, in the Day of Judgement, and you affirm your faith in Qadr, the good and the evil consequences of it... MUSLIM

We must accept and be content with Qadr, knowing that whatever Allah decrees he does so out of His all-encompassing Knowledge and Wisdom. With this belief in Qadr (the good and the evil of it) firm in our hearts Allah will guide our hearts:

No calamity befalls, but with the leave of Allah, and whoever believes in Allah, He guides his heart, and Allah is the All-Knower of everything. AT-TAGHAABUN 64:11

'Abdullah Ibn 'Abbas (radhiyAllahu anhu) related one day he was riding behind Allah's Messenger (SAAS) who said,

"Young man, if you are mindful of Allah (of His commands and prohibitions), He will be mindful of you, and if you are mindful of Allah you will find Him before you. When you ask for anything ask it from Allah, and if you seek help, seek help from Allah. Know that if the people were to unite to do you some benefit they could benefit you only with what Allah had decreed for you, and that if they were to unite to do you some injury they could injure you only with what Allah had recorded for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages are dry." AHMAD, TIRMIDHI, AN-NAWAWI'S FORTY HADEETH

So with this knowledge that no harm or good can touch a servant of Allah except with the permission of the All-Knower and All-Wise, the hearts find tranquillity and contentment. This therefore encourages the Muslim to patientiently persevere during an affliction and motivates him to praise Allah when He bestows some portion of good upon him. Whatever his situation, if the Muslim acts accordingly he has only rewards to gain and nothing to lose.

Suhaib ibn Sinan al-Romi related that Allah's Messenger (SAAS) said:

Strange are the ways of a believer for there is good in every affair of his and this is not the case with anyone else except in the case of a believer for if he has an occasion to feel delight, he praises (Allah), thus there is a good for him in it, and if he gets into trouble and shown resignation (and endures it patiently), there is a good for him in it. MUSLIM

Sincerity (Ikhlaas)

'Abdullah Ibn 'Umar (radhiyAllahu anhu) said that the Prophet (SAAS) said,

"While three people were walking, rain began to fall and they had to enter a cave in a mountain. A big rock rolled over and blocked the mouth of the cave. They said to one another, `Invoke Allah (since ely) with the best deed you have performed (so that Allah may remove the rock).' One of them said, `O Allah! My parents were old and I used to go out to graze (my animals). On my return I would milk (the animals) and take the milk in a vessel to my parents to drink. After they had drunk from it, I would give it to my children, family and wife. One day I was delayed and on my return I found my parents sleeping, and I did not wish to wake them up. The children were crying at my feet (because of hunger). That state of affairs continued until it was dawn. O Allah! If You think that I did it for Your sake, then please remove this rock so that we may see the sky.' So the rock was moved a little. The second said, `O Allah! You know that I was in love with a cousin of mine, the deepest love a man may have for a woman, and she told me that I would not have my desire fulfilled unless I paid her one hundred deenars (gold pieces). So I struggled for it until I gathered the desired amount. When I sat between her legs, she told me to fear Allah, and asked me not to deflower her except rightfully (by marriage). So I stood up and left her. O Allah! If You think that I did it for Your sake, kindly remove this rock.' So two-thirds of the rock was removed. Then the third man said, `O Allah! No doubt You know that once I employed a worker for one faraq (three sa's) of millet, and when I wanted to pay him, he refused to take it. So I sowed it and from its yield I bought cows and hired a herdsman. After a time the man came and demanded his money. I said to him: Go to those cows and the herdsman and take them for they are for you. He asked me whether I was joking with him. I told him that I was not joking with him, and all that belonged to him. O Allah! If You think that I did it sincerely for Your sake, then please remove the rock.' So the rock was removed completely from the mouth of the cave." BUKHARI

So invoking Allah sincerely, seeking His Pleasure is one of the ways of removing afflictions from us.

Supplication (Ad-Duaa)
O Ever Living, O Self-Subsisting and Supporter of all, by Your mercy I seek assistance. Rectify for me all my affairs and do not leave me to myself, even for the blink of an eye. AL-HAAKIM, SAHEEH AT-TARGHEEB WAT-TARHEEB, HISN-UL-MUSLIM (ENG. TRANS. P125)

Seeking refuge in Allah (Istiaadhah)

Anas ibn Malik (radhiyAllahu anhu) relates that the Prophet (SAAS) said to Abu Talha (radhiyAllahu anhu),

"Choose one of your servant-boys to serve me on my expedition to Khaibar." So Abu Talha took me, letting me ride behind him, when I was a boy nearing the age of puberty. I used to serve Allah's Messenger when he stopped to rest. I heard him saying repeatedly, "O Allah! I seek refuge with you from distress and sorrow, from helplessness and laziness, from miserliness and cowardice, from being heavily in debt and from being overcome by men." BUKHARI and HISN-UL-MUSLIM (P.157)

Detachment from this world (Az-Zuhd)

Anas ibn Malik and Zaid ibn Thabit (radhiyAllahu anhum) related that the Prophet (SAAS) said,

"For the ones whose concern is this world, Allah will scatter his affairs, place poverty between his two eyes and he will not get from the world except what is written for him. As for the one whose intention is the Hereafter, Allah will gather for him his affairs, place contentment in his heart and the world will come to him willingly" IBN MAJAH, SAHEEH-UL-JAAMI NO. 6386

source :

http://islamfuture.net/english/page.php?linkid=6826

Muslim18

Blessed Muslimah

Jaza kallahu khairan brother for this thread i had no idea people here had the same issue as me its sad yet comforting to know your not the only one who suffers the issue of family, but alhamdulilah its a struggle i am hopeful for a reward from Allah and i just hope Allah gives me and us all Patience through all our tests Ameen

All i can say is you brothers hang in there soon Allah will bring you your pious wives inshallah......:ma:

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer

Alhamdulillah.

I have much teeth problems, sometimes. I think thats because I have eaten much sugarcane from my friend's farm, cutting them by teeth.:biggrin:. pray that they remain or else dentures, if on eating I'm afraid if it too went inside with food:biggrin: .

For the sake of eating fresh sugarcane from a farm I wouldn't mind sacrificing a few teeth.

More than several probably applies to me. Where is the option for all of the above? j/k.

As of right now Family problems and financial instability.

I just noticed that so many of the people who posted on this thread do not post anymore. :SMILY309:Sad