Why a Texan reverted to Islam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salem9022

A Texan studying to be a baptist minister talks about how he reverted to Islam.
[yt]yfZg9lhX1T4&feature=channel_page[/yt]

Salvation In Islam (For Christians)
[yt]5bd9julKFx0&feature=channel_page[/yt]

How muslims pay for their sins
[yt]S27UWFcccDQ&feature=channel_page[/yt]

Salem9022

Hadith - Bukhari 2.440, Narrated Ibn Shihab

Abu Huraira, narrated that the Prophet said, "Every child is born with a true faith (i.e. to worship none but Allah Alone) but his parents convert him to Judaism or to Christianity or to Magainism, as an animal delivers a perfect baby animal. Do you find it mutilated?" Then Abu Huraira recited the holy verse: "So set you (O Muhammad SAW) your face towards the religion of pure Islâmic Monotheism Hanifa (worship none but Allâh Alone) Allâh's Fitrah (i.e. Allâh's Islâmic Monotheism), with which He has created mankind. No change let there be in Khalq*!illâh (i.e. the Religion of Allâh Islâmic Monotheism), that is the straight religion, but most of men know not. [Tafsir At*!Tabarî, Vol 21, Page 41] " (30.30).

BigAk

Just a point of English grammar here, the proper term for this would be that the minister *CONVERTED* to Islam. To 'convert' means to change to a completely new state. To 'revert' means to change to a previous state, so in order for someone to 'revert' to Islam, they would have had to have been a Muslim some time in the past, then change their religion to something else, then change back to Islam.

We already know that.. As a matter of fact every Muslim already know that. Please read Salem9022's post. It should explain to you what I mean.

Revert is the correct usage here.

Zafran

Muslim Brother
salaam

yeah we muslims believe that everyone was a muslim - as all children are. Salem showed the hadith.

peace.

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Just a point of English grammar here, the proper term for this would be that the minister *CONVERTED* to Islam. To 'convert' means to change to a completely new state. To 'revert' means to change to a previous state, so in order for someone to 'revert' to Islam, they would have had to have been a Muslim some time in the past, then change their religion to something else, then change back to Islam.

Hi Sepithol
You are right at this point
To 'revert' means to change to a previous state, so in order for someone to 'revert' to Islam, they would have had to have been a Muslim some time in the past, then change their religion to something else, then change back to Islam.

We believe that every child is born Muslim and it is parents who make him/her a christian ,buddist etc...

Every child is born in this pure state of fitrah.in a state of innate goodness, and it is the social environment which cause the individual to deviate from this state.

The fitrah is the natural inclination to worship God alone, and it includes compliance with what God and His Messenger explained to be from the characteristics of fitrah. The acts of fitrah are specific features which God has created in man and found within his natural tendency to like as well as to dislike what contradicts these acts.

the Prophet said, "Every child is born with a true faith (i.e. to worship none but Allah Alone) but his parents convert him to Judaism or to Christianity or to Magainism, as an animal delivers a perfect baby animal. Do you find it mutilated?"

Musulmanin

To Septithol:

You too were a muslim once, I hope you too will revert and submit to your Creator rather than continue to rebel against Him. He created you from nothing, and to Him you will return. He sent Prophets with teachings to guide you, yet you dismiss them. I would like to hear your excuse on the Day of Judgment.

BigAk

To Septithol:

You too were a muslim once, I hope you too will revert and submit to your Creator rather than continue to rebel against Him. He created you from nothing, and to Him you will return. He sent Prophets with teachings to guide you, yet you dismiss them. I would like to hear your excuse on the Day of Judgment.

The idea that someone has paid for her sins is far more attractive than having to do actual hard works. How do we expect her to leave that luxury and free ticket and come to our straight-jacketed way of life?? She is too comfortable and there's no real need to make a turn. Too many prejudices are in her way and too many restrictions are upon her "freedom". It's an impossible task for Septithol to accept Islam. IMO it would be nothing short of a miracle of Allah. He does what He wishes and He is the All Knowing of all things.

May Allah guide her to His straight path.. Ameen.

Rashadi

A Texan studying to be a baptist minister talks about how he reverted to Islam.
[yt]yfZg9lhX1T4&feature=channel_page[/yt]

Salvation In Islam (For Christians)
[yt]5bd9julKFx0&feature=channel_page[/yt]

How muslims pay for their sins
[yt]S27UWFcccDQ&feature=channel_page[/yt]

I love this guy mashaAllah. May Allah reward him highly, Ameen. I love his approach and explainations too. Amazing Subhan Allah.

BigAk

Big Ak: Actually, I am not precisely a Christian. And my religion is not always easy at times. Right now my religion wants me to do something I am reluctant to do, as it is an action which is likely to get me arrested by the police, but I will probably have to do it at some point, because it is the right thing to do.

Wow... You have really stirred up my curiosity now.. What is this thing that you need to do that may get you arrested?? The fact that you think it's the right thing to do especially makes me really curious.. Would you mind sharing??

BinteShafi

Left long ago
Musulman, you wrote:

Musulman: Well, I like to do logic problems, and logically there are 2 possibilities. Either:
1. The Islamic religion is the one and only true religion, or

2. Islam is NOT the one and only true religion.

Obviously, since there are both people who are Muslims (such as most of the posters on this board) and people who are NOT Muslims in the world, at least some people, after they die, will have to explain to God why they held erroneous religious beliefs. However, as difficult as that might be, I think it will be far easier to explain THAT to God, than it will be to explain to God having committed cruel acts in the name of religion, regardless of whether it is the true religion or not.

By way of analogy, let us say that the one true religion in the world is the equivalent of taking the best and faster route from my home town to Milwaukee. Which would be travelling eastward on Highway 94. If I were told to go to Milwaukee, I should therefore travel on Highway 94 in an eastward direction. However, perhaps for some reason (say I misheard the directions, or was given the wrong directions, or no directions, or had a bad map, or thought I knew better than the map) I would travel on a different road, say Highway 67, or in the wrong direction (going east instead of west), or travel on side roads which would take me to Milwaukee, but use a lot of time and gas. These are all things which I would probably have to explain, however, these things would be much, much easier to explain than certain other things, such as driving my car at 30 mph faster than the posted speed limit, or running down pedestrians with my car, or marching my neighbor into my car at the point of a gun, because I felt they should go to Milwaukee, even if they did not want to.

1. O mankind! fear your Lord! for the convulsion of the Hour (of Judgment) will be a thing terrible!

2. The Day ye shall see it, every mother giving suck shall forget her suckling- babe, and every pregnant female shall drop her load (unformed): thou shalt see mankind as in a drunken riot, yet not drunk: but dreadful will be the Wrath of Allah.

3. And yet among men there are such as dispute about Allah, without knowledge, and follow every evil one obstinate in rebellion!

4. About the (Evil One) it is decreed that whoever turns to him for friendship, him will he lead astray, and he will guide him to the Penalty of the Fire.

5. O mankind! if ye have a doubt about the Resurrection, (consider) that We created you out of dust, then out of sperm, then out of a leech-like clot, then out of a morsel of flesh, partly formed and partly unformed, in order that We may manifest (our power) to you; and We cause whom We will to rest in the wombs for an appointed term, then do We bring you out as babes, then (foster you) that ye may reach your age of full strength; and some of you are called to die, and some are sent back to the feeblest old age, so that they know nothing after having known (much), and (further), thou seest the earth barren and lifeless, but when We pour down rain on it, it is stirred (to life), it swells, and it puts forth every kind of beautiful growth (in pairs).

6. This is so, because Allah is the Reality: it is He Who gives life to the dead, and it is He Who has power over all things.

7. And verily the Hour will come: there can be no doubt about it, or about (the fact) that Allah will raise up all who are in the graves.

8. Yet there is among men such a one as disputes about Allah, without Knowledge, without Guidance, and without a Book of Enlightenment,-

9. (Disdainfully) bending his side, in order to lead (men) astray from the Path of Allah. for him there is disgrace in this life, and on the Day of Judgment We shall make him taste the Penalty of burning (Fire).

10. (It will be said): "This is because of the deeds which thy hands sent forth, for verily Allah is not unjust to His servants. (Chapter 22)

And they esteem Allah not, as He has the right to be esteemed, when the whole earth is His handful on the day of resurrection, and the heavens are rolled in His right hand. Glorified is He and High exalted from all that they ascribe as partners" (Az-Zumar, 67)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Anyway, forgive me if my tone is angry about the Ritalin, I am in a very bad mood just now as someone has stolen my Wiss M-5 shears, and I had to spend the money to buy a new pair from the hardware store.

:salam2:

With all due respect,what are you doing here again Septihol,SubhnaAllah.

Like I remember you were banded,so by which rules you have actived acount again Astagfirullah???

:wasalam:

yakubpasha

Thanks! he was at our masjid day before to give the Islam 101 class. Due to time constraints he didnt talk in detail about how he reverted.. I will check out this video.

Jazakallah

yakubpasha

Thanks! he was at our masjid day before to give the Islam 101 class. Due to time constraints he didnt talk in detail about how he reverted.. I will check out this video.

Jazakallah

halah

Alhamdulillah,all praise due to Allah,the more I read and know about those who think they are the people of superior intellect while in fact they are not,the more I feel so grateful to Allah Who showerd me with this grate blessing Al ISLAM and saved me from being lost in such filthy methodologies.

BigAk

Aisha: I apologize, I cannot watch the video on the original post, which I gather from some of the other posts here explains this belief that everyone was born a Muslim.

You have gathered wrong Ann; as usual. This video does not discuss that at all as a matter of fact.

I have only a dialup modem on my computer, and video does not do well on it.

Dialup???? LOL... What year do you think this is?? Do you live out in the sticks?? Hahaha.. That explains alot...

Status
Not open for further replies.