why i converted to this beautiful religion

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
:salam2:. I would like to tell everyone on TTI if they don’t mind my conversion story, because its special to me and I would like to share it with you.

I came to Islam as a personal choice, I have grown up with Muslims all around me all my life, so I new a little about Islam before I converted. I researched it for many years before I actually converted, I was reading books, watching documentary’s and listening to my friends points of view and I came to a decision I would leave it for a couple of years till I could really embrace it. Then a year later I met a wonderful Muslim man who told me if I had died tomorrow a Christian sadly I would go to hell, so I converted,
I and this man plan to marry, we have been a couple for near two years, I have met his parents and he has met mine. Everyone is happy about us wanting to get married. I haven’t regretted my decision since. I love the religion, it’s peaceful, and welcoming and makes me feel better than I have in all of my life. I know that Allah is out there listening to all my needs trying to help me in the fight of life. And I will never regret my decision it was amazing and brave and I love it.
I have read the Quran once already, I have an English translation and loads of books which were supplied by a beautiful website which helped me convert check it out its great and it has live help they answer any questions they are imams and Islamic scholars. http://www.islamreligion.com/ very good website, I recommend for all converts/Muslims and any1 interested in Islam to check out.
One thing that is on my mind regularly, is how and when is the right time to tell my parents that i have converted. My in laws know, I am still living at home and I don’t think that they would take me seriously and see me as doing right in their house. So I am planning to tell them when I move out and just before I get married, I still live my life as a Muslim I don’t wear a hijab yet but I pray salat five times a day and read my Quran regularly. I will one day soon hope to wear my hijab with pride inshallah.
I have been converted for five months now and I am glad to have found such a welcoming place such as this to help me and let me express some of my thoughts.
May Allah bless all of you and your families
:wasalam:

IbnAhmad

:salam2:
:mashallah: A truly amazing story!!!! May allah grant u jannat ul firdows!!! ameeeeeeen

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o alikum
a really beautiful story for sure ... im really happy for u :) that everything worked out for u and alhumdulilah ur in laws accepted u easiily too :) not many ppl get that luxury lol i must say :)
Aslam o alikum and remember me in ur prayers

and thank u for the great website :) awesom!!

zahrany

MAY~u~B~HPPI~!4EVER!
Masha'Allah
its amazin story
JAZAKiLLAHU KHAIR FOR SHARING
may Allah bless you

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
Thank you everybody for all your supportive wors.
may allah keep you safe
and i will keep you all in my dua and prayers

TheKnowledgeSeeker

A Believer In Heart
Assalamu Alaykum Sis

Thank you for sharing. May Alllah SWT make this road of life easy for you. Insha'Allah you will tell your parents when its right and insha'Allah they will understand. Again thanks for sharing.

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
brothers and sisters you have been so kind for all you sweet and kind words
may allah bless and bring peace in to your lives!

drimi

Qëndrim Ismajli
Congratulations for turning to this beautiful Din and you must to know that you are welcomed to this site.Happy Bajram

TiffanyM

Selaam Alaykum Sister!!

AlhumdiAllah welcome to Islam. I am a convert to sister. I am from Georgia. My story is very similar to yours. It's a blessing how Allah unites us all. As for your question I can only tell you to pray to Allah to make it easy for you to tell your parents. I told my parents when I was learning about Islam and the day I went to say my Shahada I told them. My mother was very upset and crying she wished she would have taught me more about christianity so I wouldn't leave it. I have been in church my whole life I attended two years of christian classes in high school and I always felt like something was missing and that it didn't make since I have always prayed to God not anyone else. AlhumdiAllah Allah opened my heart to Islam. It has been 1 1/2 years since I said Shahada my family is respectful and understanding every now and then they say mean things but I have learned over the years its their way of asking me something about Islam for example its wierd that you wear your hair covered just to go pray. This is their way of asking why do you cover your hair to pray? Sister we are all being tested by Allah. Since we were not born into the religion this is our test. Be patient and trust Allah, InshAllah me and a brother are also talking about marriage soon. I feel your parents will be more understanding if they know that you did this for yourself. Perhaps when you move out and then get married and InshAllah you wear hijab they might feel like you did this for him. My family started that as soon as I took Shahada they felt like I did it for someone else. My response was respectful and I told them that in Islam a muslim man can marry a christian, catholic, or muslim so if I did it just to marry him we could have been married if I was still a christian too. I am always here for you sister. I was curios how is the community there. I am having trouble with the community here finding support for new muslims. AlhumdiAllah I have a few sister friends but Im curious how the communities are in other states.

I will keep you in my Dua's!!

:tti_sister:

Sister Tiffany

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
thank you sister, your story is moving and familys are hard to tackle.
life is a test from Allah and inshallah i am doing well so far. and so are you.
thank you for your words of comfort.

Khuda Hafiz

*New2Islam*

Salaam revert sister and Tiffany

Its lovely to see how many other like minded converts there are out there. It is also sad to see what struggles we have to go through to justify ourselves and our beliefs to our parents and gain acceptance to the muslim community around us. Alhamdullillah I have been very blessed by the support I have received but I too delayed telling my mum (whom I am very close to) about my conversion until 2 months after my shahada. My reasons were similar but mainly due to work I had not been able to spend enough time with my mum and I was concerned that she would equate my lack of communication to my conversion. Unfortunately my mum does believe what is in the british press as she has no other source to look to. She lives in a very 'white middle class area' with very little of any other ethnicity or religion.

Alhamdulillah she took it REALLY well, revert sister do you remember the channel 4 programme 'the Quran' in July I told her during that! I think she suspected all in all. I dont wear the hijab as yet as I dont feel my deen is strong enough to give the hijab its due respect but Insha'allah that time will come in due course. I am concerned how I will be judged with it on, but at the same time I hate that as a white freckly girl with blue eyes I am never associated with being a muslim.

I will keep praying and I hope God will give me the strength and patience to further my knowledge in Islam. Your story inspired me so much, please keep your 'chin up' revert sister, God will show you the right path. Eid Mubarak to everyone.

New2Islam

revert-sister

Proud to be a MUSLIM
Salaam revert sister and Tiffany

Its lovely to see how many other like minded converts there are out there. It is also sad to see what struggles we have to go through to justify ourselves and our beliefs to our parents and gain acceptance to the muslim community around us. Alhamdullillah I have been very blessed by the support I have received but I too delayed telling my mum (whom I am very close to) about my conversion until 2 months after my shahada. My reasons were similar but mainly due to work I had not been able to spend enough time with my mum and I was concerned that she would equate my lack of communication to my conversion. Unfortunately my mum does believe what is in the british press as she has no other source to look to. She lives in a very 'white middle class area' with very little of any other ethnicity or religion.

Alhamdulillah she took it REALLY well, revert sister do you remember the channel 4 programme 'the Quran' in July I told her during that! I think she suspected all in all. I dont wear the hijab as yet as I dont feel my deen is strong enough to give the hijab its due respect but Insha'allah that time will come in due course. I am concerned how I will be judged with it on, but at the same time I hate that as a white freckly girl with blue eyes I am never associated with being a muslim.

I will keep praying and I hope God will give me the strength and patience to further my knowledge in Islam. Your story inspired me so much, please keep your 'chin up' revert sister, God will show you the right path. Eid Mubarak to everyone.

New2Islam

mashAllah New2Islam and congrats on even telling your mum!
eid mubarak to you and your family and hope it brings all that you hope for and more.
you brought a tear to my eye with your story, and yes we do have to do a lot to fit in.
as of yet youcouldnt tell i was a muslim from looking at me, im not someone who dress up in short skirts and boob tubes im conervitly dressed, with an indipened and strong willed mind. which other muslims in birmingham dont really like for some reason!
so i find it hareder tahn ever i find the words "I AM A MUSLIM - for god sake" nearly sliping out when i am on the bus i am so dresprate to share with people which i why i am glad i haev this site to share my good news and have a little cyber islamic family

salaams

khalid123456

Islam is Perfect
SALAM

IN THE NAME OF ALLAH THE BENEFICENT, THE MERCIFUL

SALAM UL LAIKUM (PEACE AND RESPECT TO ALL)

TO ALL MA MUSLIMS ALLAH [THE ONE TRUE GOD] GUIDED US TO THE TRUTH{ISLAM}, AND JUST LIKE THE PROPHETS AND THE BELIVERES OF THE PAST GENERATIONS WERE TESTED, IN THE SAME WAY WE WILL BE TESTED IN MANY WAYS SOME OF WHICH ARE, PARENTS, CHILDREN, WORK SOCIETY ETC BUT WE HAVE TO DO WHAT ALMIGHTY ALLAH {ALONE} WANTS US TO DO THAT IS BEING EXTREAMLY PATIENT IN TIMES OF ADVERSITY, CALAMITIES, DIFFICULTIES, STRUGGLES ETC AND TO BE STEADFAST AND FIRM ON THE TRUTH{ISLAM}, AND INSHALLAH ALL BELIEVERS WILL BE REPAID WITH PARADISE. SO MY DEAR BROTHERS AND SISTERS BEST WAY IS TO PRAY TO ALLAH AND TO PUT YOUR COMPLETE TRUST AND FAITH IN ALLAH {ALONE},AND INSHALLAH ALLAH WILL ALWAYS HELP YOU IN THIS LIFE AND THE HEREAFTER.

TAKE CARE AND ONCE AGAIN, WELCOME TO ISLAM ALL NEW REVERTS AND CONGRATULATIONS TO MAKING THE BEST CHOICE OF YOUR LIFE.

SALAM UL LAIKUM

xSharingan01x

TraVeLer
Alhamdulilah!

Very nice and inspiring story. I'm very happy for you. Welcome to the family.
Reverts are so interesting :D.....

lily_mawar

Assalamualaikum,

Subhanallah ... Allah had given you hidayah ...

Welcome to the ummah and may Allah guide you to the right path ... Thank you for sharing your story ...