Would u marry someone younger than u?

BintMuhammad

Staff member
salam aleikum
mmmm ok
In my opinion its better to have someone much older then me(10-15 years) ,but for sure NOT YOUNGER ,I dont want to be a babysitter :D for a husband too:D Jk

waaleikum salam

:salam2:

LOL sis we seem to like the same type of blokes, I disliked brothers younger than I am (prospect partner wise) and I thought I'd be firm with it BUT... LoL We really can't expect to end up with someone we want.

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

I dislike to say this, but some of the posts seem generalise in terms of the maturity of the brothers in the sense "the younger you are the the more immature you may be".

Which i feel is kinda unfair to some of us who may not be like that or it could be like a product which is entering the Maturity stage. :)

Forgive me if my comment managed entice that feeling which only emerges when someone says a thing which you may really dislike.

Alhamdulilah

EDIT: On the contrary i would like to say: I guess with time, emerges experience, with experience emerges nobility, with nobility emerges responsibility and with responsibility emerges sensibility.

The above i typed as i thought, so if it does not make sense thats the reason. :)

Wasalam

BintMuhammad

Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

I dislike to say this, but some of the posts seem generalise in terms of the maturity of the brothers in the sense "the younger you are the the more immature you may be".

Which i feel is kinda unfair to some of us who may not be like that or it could be like a product which is entering the Maturity stage. :)

Forgive me if my comment managed entice that feeling which only emerges when someone says thing which really dislike.

Alhamdulilah

EDIT: On the contrary i would like to say: I guess with time, emerges experience, with experience emerges nobility, with nobility emerges responsibility and with responsibility emerges sensibility.

The above i typed as i thought, so if it does not make sense thats the reason. :)

Wasalam

:wasalam:

Nope, Inshaa'Allaah no need to ask for forgiveness brother. I totally agree that not all younger men are immature.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Salaam,

When a woman marries a man that is younger ten..fifteen years younger there are times that he makes her happy. And there are times he makes her sad. When a woman marries a man that is older ten..fifteen years older there are times that he makes her happy and there are times he makes her sad.

This is the voice of experince and not speculation.

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

Age doesnt matter. Pious does for me but the sister should not be over 30 years old because frankly and serious i cannot have many children then

:muslim_child::muslim_child::muslim_child: :muslim_child: :muslim_child::muslim_child: :muslim_child::muslim_child: :muslim_child::muslim_child::muslim_child:

justmuslim

Asalamu alykum y'all,

lol......bro remember you may be 25 and marry 23 but Allah won't give you children so don't think women over 30 can't have many children, just beleive allah adn accept what ever he will gives you.

Anyway, I'm not marry but i think i will marry bro who is 2to 3yrs younger than me if he doesn't look younger adn actin young lol.. and i wouldn't marry bro who is not older than me more than 5yrs...I like someone that is close to my age so we can have fun and think atleast same ways...and he has to be mature if he is younger ...eventhough, there are ppl that are older but are immature. that's my 2cents.

wasalamu alaykum

Age doesnt matter. Pious does for me but the sister should not be over 30 years old because frankly and serious i cannot have many children then

:muslim_child::muslim_child::muslim_child: :muslim_child: :muslim_child::muslim_child: :muslim_child::muslim_child: :muslim_child::muslim_child::muslim_child:

Salaam,

I really don't understand why some people focus so muhc on age gaps and who is older or younger. When looking for a mate the males are told to look for four things in a wife and piety is the most important of those four. Not once does it state that her age should configure into the equation. Frankly I think age is a rather shallow thing to focus on when dealing with half your religion.

Obviously the age doesn't matter to me but rather or not the brother in question is a good Muslim if he will be a decent husband and father to me and our children.

Wasalaam

~Sarah

Salaamalikum,

It sounds good in writing. but I think you have to chemistry first with the person you marry or else you won't be happy. As much as we say piety is the most important character, you have to marry that you are attracted to as well - just my humble opinion.

I wouldn't mind marrying someone older. I think I can keep up with them. The older the berry the sweeter the juice:SMILY288:

Libinette

Umm Zubayr
Assalam aleikum..

Age, age, age...as long as I can understand him when he's talking to me ..that's fine, although few years older would maybe be better..to be honest it doesn't matter much to me..some people are obsseced with age..:confused:..how old are you? you look older..bla bla bla as others have said: ask for religion first then ask for other characteristics..but if you concentrate on age, you'll limit yourself alot i think..

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)

I used to think the trend is sisters like older brothers. But now is the opposite especially after reading HumbleWun post....I may be wrong though....

It is interesting to see Marriage is usually the one with lots of post. Hot topic....

StraightNur

Salam to all bro and sis..

to begin with i am married to a 4 years old age gap to my wife. we just doin fine.the misconception of the men marrying to a older women is they think that the women will look down on them. same to the issue if the wife earns more than the husband.actually these issue can be solved if the family is fully understanding the teaching of islam.a wife what ever your age,position or earning husband is the general..husband whatever the wife earns is hers you have to do your duty..a friend of mine married to women a 10 years older than him and she earns more than him.their marriage goin so well..

StraightNur

Salam to all bro and sis..

to begin with i am married to a 4 years old age gap to my wife. we just doin fine.the misconception of the men marrying to a older women is they think that the women will look down on them. same to the issue if the wife earns more than the husband.actually these issue can be solved if the family is fully understanding the teaching of islam.a wife what ever your age,position or earning husband is the general..husband whatever the wife earns is hers you have to do your duty..a friend of mine married to women a 10 years older than him and she earns more than him.their marriage goin so well..

17th

Bismillah......
this questionis for sisters
Would u marry someone younger than u?:SMILY139:
and for brothers would u marry someone older than urself.:angryred:
anyone here who have done this and are happy mashallah.
:hearts:
it wud be nice to hear ur answers.:salam2:

Salaam,

My wife -is- older than me.....

maca salāma