Would you Marry a...

Would you Marry a muslim convert/revert?? BE HONEST!!

• Yes ofcourse

Votes: 235 83.6%
  • No way

Votes: 9 3.2%
  • Unsure

Votes: 37 13.2%

• Total voters

zbhotto

Banned
Sure

I am looking for a revert who really loves ISLAM. I would certainly marry her and do my best to make her happy.

sssaba7

actually i would marry with a reverted !
but there's another side that i will fear he will leave the reliegien one day.

asadl9

The Question Should Be Reframed

Should one marry a Revert who has reverted before you liking him/her
Or
Should one marry a Revert who has reverted after liking him/her

Right
Answer should be
Yes one should marry a revert who ever that may be provided he/she has reverted way before knowing you or met you
Cos in that case the intentions of the faith is on truth and actually only for the love is Islam Right

But i Would say one should not marry a revert who has reverted just to get married to you be it Him/Her as the intentions is solely to marry you and not for the faith in islam such people leave faith in mid way and only ALLAH knows whats in that persons heart we are week to judge whats within the heart only way to be safe is to keep the above condition in mind before marring such revert

MAY ALLAH Protect every one from such hypocrite poeple Specially our muslim women Ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

TC Sisters
Love & Value yourself and protect your faith that we all believe in

Regards
Asad Ali

ShyHijabi

I think it's interesting that people fear reverts will "leave" Islam someday. My husband's family had that fear and I thought it humorous coming from some of his relatives that seemed to be Muslim in name and nothing else. Some of them didn't pray, fast, or anything that identified them as Muslim frankly. So why were they so arrogant about my level of Islam?

Asadl,
It looks likes you just made your own fatwa, caution about that.

abulzan07

:salam2:
@shyhijabi

I m totally agree with u the so called namesake muslims or juma muslims or ramdan muslims are worst den anything.....No were on earth u can compare revert muslim with born muslim...Revert muslims are 100 times better than born muslims and thr is so much to learn frm them and another thing even born muslims who are practising they are mostly following islam whch has nothing to do with quran and sunnah were as revert muslims who are practising the true islam cos they come frm thr research of quran and sunnah not frm culture or shiekh luv for islam and most of revert muslims are true daee look on some few daee of world like khalid yasin,yusuf estes, bilal philips,abdul raheem green all of em are reverts thr are some born muslims as well lik zakir naik but were are other shiekh and alims they are busy in thr sect politics.....So we dont have any right to judge anyone by sayin they might turn bak frm religion .....btw m myslf a born asian muslim but i said haqq whats wrong if my revert bro and sis are better than me Allah says in quran compete with each other fr good and i have learned so much frm reverts tht i cant tell u in words ......just a glimpse tht i myslf have guided two people to islam and gave shahdaah and thr dedication to islam is better than any born muslim

deepheart

Assalam alaikum

Assalam alaikum
I get the point behind this poll. This is an issue that some of us have to face when we want to get married. I've found some of the responses amusing, but please lets not take it too far. We shouldn't start making a comparison between reverts and those born into Muslim homes.
I guess there are good Muslims and bad (not so good) Muslims irrespective of whether their parents are Muslims or not. The best Muslim is the most pious one not the born Muslim or the revert.

musat40

Asallammualaikum wbt.
yes, I sure would mary a rever/convert. But before that, I must prepare myself to learn more indepth in Islam in order to asist & bring my future wife closer to Islam.
wassallam.

Isra

aka Tree2008
sorry I made a mistake useful and not uselessly
salam alikoum

Wa alaikome salam.....

Actually I think the word "USUALLY" would fit into your thought much better than the word "USEFUL". Forgive me for pointing it out and my intention is only to help.

Mathieu

Salam,

Sorry if I'm truly wrong or something. But why would your parents have problem with you marrying a Revert / Convert ? The more I read about Islam the more I know about it and in my point of view the Muslim from the first generation (Generation of Muhammad (pbuh) were all converts in a sense).

They were worshiping Idols and such. (Not all of them tough). So why would your parents be against the fact that you marry somebody who is following the same path as the followers of Muhammad (pbuh). That's just the way I think correct me if I'm totally wrong and if I'm being offensive.

Mathieu

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
I think it's interesting that people fear reverts will "leave" Islam someday. My husband's family had that fear and I thought it humorous coming from some of his relatives that seemed to be Muslim in name and nothing else. Some of them didn't pray, fast, or anything that identified them as Muslim frankly. So why were they so arrogant about my level of Islam?

Asadl,
It looks likes you just made your own fatwa, caution about that.

:salam2:
I know some eastern people think that way that reverts can leave Islam and go back to their previous religion, but the reason is not because these so-called "born Muslims" are very religious themselves, but because they think that westerners are very moody and they go by their whim a lot, e.g. they "really really love" some one and get married and then soon after "really really hate" and then divorce. So they think that they will treat the religion the same way. And it is true that out of those who revert to Islam a small percentage do leave Islam. I know one guy who married to a Christian woman and this woman converted to Islam and after 2 kids and 8-9 years later they divorced. The woman took the kids and then she left Islam too.

But again not every so-called born-Muslim think that way. I think those who convert to Islam for the sake of marriage are really not reverts, and so they can go back to their old way if things do not work out, while those who revert because of knowledge and understanding of Islam are solid as a rock.

Remember... All of the Sahaba (RA) were reverts.
:wasalam:

Munawar

Striving for Paradise
Salam,

Sorry if I'm truly wrong or something. But why would your parents have problem with you marrying a Revert / Convert ? The more I read about Islam the more I know about it and in my point of view the Muslim from the first generation (Generation of Muhammad (pbuh) were all converts in a sense).

They were worshiping Idols and such. (Not all of them tough). So why would your parents be against the fact that you marry somebody who is following the same path as the followers of Muhammad (pbuh). That's just the way I think correct me if I'm totally wrong and if I'm being offensive.

Mathieu

Assalam-o-alikum my brother Mathieu,

Mathieu.. you are 100% correct my friend, you are right on the money.
In my previous post above I have provided my thoughts as to why some parents may have concerns for their children to marry a Convert. But I am not one of them.

Now... I have a feeling that soon we will hear/read the good news of your reversion to Islam too. InshaAllah.

Keep up the good work Mathieu.

Wassalam.

Peace-&-Love

Personally, I would definitely marry a convert! I mean come on, most converts practice and enforce Islam more than those born into the religion! :hijabi:

I would have no problem at all and neither would my family, i have some family that married muslim reverts and they are very happy Alhamdulillah , if i find a devoted muslimah revert i definately would marry a rever/convert sister :)

sarahlou

I would marry a revert because I am a revert :hearts:! I hope someone wouldn't want to marry me just because I am a revert and not based on my piety.

Al-Salam

Your Sister In Islam
I don't see why not. Luckily I don't think my family will protest against marrying a muslim man. A convert or a muslim by birth, as long as his faith in Allah subhana wa ta'ala is strong:) I truly mean it sister.

ahmed_elnaggar

"O lord forgive me "
plainly , I want 2 marry a converted muslima coz I fell that the converted muslima is better than me who born as muslim.

saifkhan

abd-Allah
Salam

Ofcoursely, certainly, surely....inshallah...
Actually i've set my mind to do so,ba'da allahu alim.
I'm ready to marry a revert girl from any country,any region,any religion, but pious more than me, so that she can lead me or guide me.may allah give the sabr(I'm waiting!!!)
I'm not a revert actually, but I'll call myself as a revert, though I used to pray regularly/use to be in law, but the faith was not so strong, now I have,Masahallah, Alhamdulillah.

And I'm requesting to find a soul-mate for me......lolz...though it is not a matrimonial forum....pardon me...

Jazakallahu Khairan
Pray for me, so that I can get ....

Barakallahu feekum...
What is she doing now, may be she is somewhere in the world now....hu?
Astagfirullah...I was just joking
Masalama....and thnks for this thread