Your way to Islam !!!!!share your story

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah
:salam2:

How did I come to Islam? Well, I was born a Muslima and raised in a Muslim family, but unfortunately for many years I was Muslim only by mouth. I didn't really know the importance of salat, seeking knowledge in my deen, or strictly following the sunna. Unfortunately thats how my brothers are right now. May Allah guide them and all of those who are lost like I was only a short period of time ago. Anyways, it was only about couple of years ago when I really started to focus, actually, became almost obessed with learning more about the Quran, hadiths, just anything that had to with Islam! It all started when a good freind of my mine gave me a digital Quran player which had many different translations of the Quran. I would listen to the Quran while reading the translation almost every night and day. I was just so amazed with every surah, and every ayah of the Quran. I would go to the internet to find out more information about something I didn't understand. I would look for more information. It was as if I just became Muslim or something. I really didn't even know the greatness of the Quran before and I just fell in love with it. I became hungary for Islam; learning it, practising it, spreading it. I then, changed almost my entire way of doing things. I changed how I dressed, what I watched, how I thought, and I became a different person. My goal and outlook in life changed completely. I developed a passion I never had for anything else in my entire life for my religion alhamdulilah. It was not easy though. I went through a stage of confusion because I would find myself questioning everything especially when it came to women and Islam. just some of the rules. I guess the shaytan really tried to mislead me by creating so many crazy and negative questions in my head and I would think sometimes that I was just crazy or evil. I remember I used to cry so many nights and I would ask Allah to help me fight the shaytan and to take away any questions that would lead me to shirk. Alhamdulilah Allah has made me successful. My passion for this beautiful religion of mine grows and grows everyday, all thanks and praise is to Allah. I am happy and even though life has it's many challenges and obsticles, my religion, the religion Allah(sw) chose for us helps me get through the rough times. I am a better person since I really started practising and obeying Allah through Islam. May Allah help those who spread the religion, who make it easier for people to understand the Quran, who make da'wa in whatever way possible, I ask Allah to protect these people and to make them happy, healthy and make them successful in this world and in Akhira especially.

I end this with Alhamdulilah, Allah chooses whomsoever he pleases to guide to the right path. I ask Allah to guide all of the Muslims to the truth; Islam. Another thing, I ask all of you, because I'm so worried about my family members, especially my brothers and my younger sisters to please make dua for them only for Allah's sake to help them see the truth and to guide them to Islam. May Allah guide us all, and may Allah make us those who Allah loves and that love Allah. Amin thuma Amin.

your sister in Islam,

Wsalamu Alaykum W. Wb

This is very much like my own story. Born muslim, but not really understanding what it meant. I had a few setbacks in life, and I went through depression, I used to try and fill my time with games, tv, movies, and other imaginary things just because when I would stop to think, I'd get so depressed and think that my life had no meaning. I used to lock myself in the bathroom and cry and cry to Allah, sometimes complaining that please Allah, let me just die, I can't face anything anymore, there's no point in my life, I have no one to confide in, no one understands me. Then one Ramadan I had a dream that I was at a place where lots of people had gathered, and they were being called forward one by one. They didn't call for me yet, but I was curious and wanted to see where they were all going in that door. So I went inside, and there were two paths on right and left. I looked in the left path, and someone standing there said to me, "Yes, that door is for you. Go in there, its very popular." So I went in; a long hallway lined with people faced me. I stood at the back of the line, and don't know what was at the end of the hall, but there was this very fierce heat coming out of it. Somehow I escaped in the dream, and came out to some place with fireworks going off. Anyway, that dream changed my life. I was so scared, but now after that I started praying very regularly, making up previous missed prayers, and no one gets up for Fajr at my home, but I try to get up, still struggling with this, but it will get easy I believe, Allah is with me.

Now, I have an obsession to learn more and more about Islam. Its like this unsatiable hunger. I've given up drawing, minimized listening to music to almost zero level, stopped watching tv and being interested in movies. I realize that now Islam is my life goal, this is my dedication and my life is NOTHING without Allah and Islam :tti_sister: Difficult times still exist for me, but now they don't seem worrying at all. I am going to show Allah that I can pass all and any tests He sets for me, ameen :)

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
I am a muslim the moment i was born,alhamdhulillah.
i came from a 100% muslim community,where i saw my grandmom,mom and dad praying, reaading qur'an,fasting,giving zakath and going to hajj and umra.all my frnds,family members and whole city is muslim.we have 5 mosques in 2/3 mile.so i hear the azan from 3 mosques together every prayer time.
were taught to read qur'an and pray,.we start to fast whn we are as little as 4yrs.i did my 1st fast when i was 4yrs.:D.it was my first real fast.b4 my mother used to keep me half day,telling that i get 2.when others get one,just to feed me.lol
when we start to go school at age of 7.they have religion as a compulsory subject.called subject islam.we have this subject till grade 7.starting with who is allah and prophet,what is shareea and the flower and tree of eemaan to what is marriage,shareeaa,the tourment in hell,grave.,judgment day,and learning qur;an and meaning by heart.
m very proud to say,all of my family and frnds know all the majors in islam,and after high school we are improing our iman by learning qur;an by heart with its meaning.:D

:ma:you are very lucky! Did you grow up in a Muslim country? Some of us who have grown up in non-Muslim countries, and were not around educated Muslims have to start learning the religion right now in older age, and it's not so easy at times, but Insha'Allah it will be a great journey to learn the religion. may Allah help us all. Amin

Um Ibrahim

Alhamdulilah :)
This is very much like my own story. Born muslim, but not really understanding what it meant. I had a few setbacks in life, and I went through depression, I used to try and fill my time with games, tv, movies, and other imaginary things just because when I would stop to think, I'd get so depressed and think that my life had no meaning. I used to lock myself in the bathroom and cry and cry to Allah, sometimes complaining that please Allah, let me just die, I can't face anything anymore, there's no point in my life, I have no one to confide in, no one understands me. Then one Ramadan I had a dream that I was at a place where lots of people had gathered, and they were being called forward one by one. They didn't call for me yet, but I was curious and wanted to see where they were all going in that door. So I went inside, and there were two paths on right and left. I looked in the left path, and someone standing there said to me, "Yes, that door is for you. Go in there, its very popular." So I went in; a long hallway lined with people faced me. I stood at the back of the line, and don't know what was at the end of the hall, but there was this very fierce heat coming out of it. Somehow I escaped in the dream, and came out to some place with fireworks going off. Anyway, that dream changed my life. I was so scared, but now after that I started praying very regularly, making up previous missed prayers, and no one gets up for Fajr at my home, but I try to get up, still struggling with this, but it will get easy I believe, Allah is with me.

Now, I have an obsession to learn more and more about Islam. Its like this unsatiable hunger. I've given up drawing, minimized listening to music to almost zero level, stopped watching tv and being interested in movies. I realize that now Islam is my life goal, this is my dedication and my life is NOTHING without Allah and Islam :tti_sister: Difficult times still exist for me, but now they don't seem worrying at all. I am going to show Allah that I can pass all and any tests He sets for me, ameen :)

May Allah help us both, I know it's not always easy, but the more you try the more it becomes easier and more enjoyable subhanaAllah.

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
I am a muslim the moment i was born,alhamdhulillah.
i came from a 100% muslim community,where i saw my grandmom,mom and dad praying, reaading qur'an,fasting,giving zakath and going to hajj and umra.all my frnds,family members and whole city is muslim.we have 5 mosques in 2/3 mile.so i hear the azan from 3 mosques together every prayer time.
were taught to read qur'an and pray,.we start to fast whn we are as little as 4yrs.i did my 1st fast when i was 4yrs.:D.it was my first real fast.b4 my mother used to keep me half day,telling that i get 2.when others get one,just to feed me.lol
when we start to go school at age of 7.they have religion as a compulsory subject.called subject islam.we have this subject till grade 7.starting with who is allah and prophet,what is shareea and the flower and tree of eemaan to what is marriage,shareeaa,the tourment in hell,grave.,judgment day,and learning qur;an and meaning by heart.
m very proud to say,all of my family and frnds know all the majors in islam,and after high school we are improing our iman by learning qur;an by heart with its meaning.:D

:ma::ma::ma:
how lovely my dear sister
this is so nice story, did you grow up in a muslim country? wow this is really so overwhelming, i am so proud of you sister, my friend
:tti_sister:
thank you so much for your story

RabiALLAH

La Ilaha Illa ALLAH
How we can help you Sister??

assalamu alaikum, can anybody help me to use thiis website as iam new to this.........

sister Shifans
is so pleasure to have here with amoung us, hope this find you in the best health and Eeman, inshaALLAH
pleassssse
tell me how can i help you??
as for the web site it so easy, see this thread by brother Mabsoot

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80
also you can go the section : help using website
you will see many threads inshaALLAH you will using the website so easy

:hearts:

tj0050

salam

I was put into a faith that i did not like right and so i left told my parents that i wanted to find some thing that had made since to me so i was kind of looking and I had learned about the faith some and i thought wow this is really cool and it make since and i feel like i belong and so I learned more and more and thats how i got started and i keep learning and learning more so i am excited about this

BigAk

I was put into a faith that i did not like right and so i left told my parents that i wanted to find some thing that had made since to me so i was kind of looking and I had learned about the faith some and i thought wow this is really cool and it make since and i feel like i belong and so I learned more and more and thats how i got started and i keep learning and learning more so i am excited about this

Masha'Allah ... I am so happy to hear that you have found the truth in Islam.. May Allah keep you and myself on the right path.. Ameen. :D

tj0050

Masha'Allah ... I am so happy to hear that you have found the truth in Islam.. May Allah keep you and myself on the right path.. Ameen. :D

i am nervas idk why its wered but like my parents where so determend to get me confermded it was anoying so i left my parents are mad at me

strahan

Salam

i was born Muslim but i was raised in Christian environment, Alhandulillah,that's keeps me searching the truth and Islam is my last choice :hijabi:

yoko337

Allham dulillah

Asalamu alaikom wa ramatullah
I had convert to Islam 7 years ago, allhumdulillah. i was a buddish and i never know any thing about Islam and then i meet muslims brother and sister he tell me about Allah and why i pray to the idol so subhallah i really fell and except that the true is Allah and the true is is Islam, is very hard in the begining in the family because they se me as the stranger but Allah help me to be strong and belive in him, and may Allah help all of us to part Allah test till the last day............Ameen

jamilah rumias

May Allah firm your heart in Islam

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم
Assalam alikom warahmatul Allah wa barakatu
Alhmd Allah,and may Allah firm your heart in Islam and increase your knowldge.:ma::ma::ma::ma:

MutlekM

I was born in a muslim family but i didnt hav interest in it only 2years ago which is when i was 10 yrs old since i was raised in america but my family kept encouraging me to read the quran and know the meaning. now i thank them and allah with all my heart for showing me the right way.
:wasalam:

AyeshaL

A gradual search rather than a bolt of lightning!

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

I reverted to Islam last April - alhamdulilla. :hijabi:

I grew up in a Anglican household, had been very practising in my early teenage years, rebelled against it at 16 and then in my early 20s had been struggling to work my way back. I always believed in God but really struggled with some aspects of Christianity - esp when trying to find a church in London that felt 'natural' but relevant.

In Dec 07 I started dating a friend I'd known for 4 years, who was a born Muslim. We had always had deep conversations that had always left me thinking 'I've never thought about it like that before'. Now I can see that despite the fact he wasn't practising his faith at the time, the reason he thought the way he did and had this impact was because of Islam.

In Jan 08 we approached the subject of our faiths more seriously and I remember saying to him 'dont try and convert me cos its never going to happen!' but I must admit the conversations had got me thinking! Then he left a book about Muhammad (pbuh) at my flat, which I read cos I was interested in learning about where he was coming from. What I read led to more questions but he never pushed it on me...I guess he managed it perfectly really. I wanted to know more so bought more books on Islam and asked more questions. I was shocked that Islam had so much in common with Christianity but I felt it answered the questions I'd always had issues with and just made more logical sense to me!!

I searched the internet and found the company I worked for had a Muslim network so I contacted a brother through that and asked more questions! He asked me to call him to discuss my questions properly and one I asked was 'so how does someone become a Muslim?'. He explained about taking Shahada and that I could even do it over the phone if I wanted to. He stressed the importance of believing 100% in what I would say in the declaration of faith and it was then that I thought 'this just makes too much sense...I do believe in this!'. I didnt think about if I could do it...if I could take on everything...the prayers, wearing hijaab, and a complete change of lifestyle...I just knew I had to do it and then try to live up to it. So there, on the phone, I said my Shahada!

It has been a whirlwind since then!! The man who Allah chose to use as the catalyst for this change in me is now my husband - alhamdulilla - and we are both working hard to build a more Islamically led life. Its not been easy but inshallah we are getting there slowly :)

sazk

Banned
MashaAllah sister, the rules of islam may seem to be many but the reward at the end is worth it. keep reading the Quran because people who don't keep on reading get "cut off" from the Words of Allah. there is a healing for the soul in the Quran.

Be thankful for what you have and your Lord will be pleased and give you more.

don't worry if you are encountering problems, Allah is making you kind-hearted through all of this so that you may become a loving wife and a good mother and above all, a merciful human being. There is the reason why england has social services but muslim countries don't. islam teaches us to be kind to our parents, children and neighbours. the reward at the end will be worth it.

saihoca

Assalaamu Alaikum :)

I reverted to Islam last April - alhamdulilla. :hijabi:

I grew up in a Anglican household, had been very practising in my early teenage years, rebelled against it at 16 and then in my early 20s had been struggling to work my way back. I always believed in God but really struggled with some aspects of Christianity - esp when trying to find a church in London that felt 'natural' but relevant.

In Dec 07 I started dating a friend I'd known for 4 years, who was a born Muslim. We had always had deep conversations that had always left me thinking 'I've never thought about it like that before'. Now I can see that despite the fact he wasn't practising his faith at the time, the reason he thought the way he did and had this impact was because of Islam.

In Jan 08 we approached the subject of our faiths more seriously and I remember saying to him 'dont try and convert me cos its never going to happen!' but I must admit the conversations had got me thinking! Then he left a book about Muhammad (pbuh) at my flat, which I read cos I was interested in learning about where he was coming from. What I read led to more questions but he never pushed it on me...I guess he managed it perfectly really. I wanted to know more so bought more books on Islam and asked more questions. I was shocked that Islam had so much in common with Christianity but I felt it answered the questions I'd always had issues with and just made more logical sense to me!!

I searched the internet and found the company I worked for had a Muslim network so I contacted a brother through that and asked more questions! He asked me to call him to discuss my questions properly and one I asked was 'so how does someone become a Muslim?'. He explained about taking Shahada and that I could even do it over the phone if I wanted to. He stressed the importance of believing 100% in what I would say in the declaration of faith and it was then that I thought 'this just makes too much sense...I do believe in this!'. I didnt think about if I could do it...if I could take on everything...the prayers, wearing hijaab, and a complete change of lifestyle...I just knew I had to do it and then try to live up to it. So there, on the phone, I said my Shahada!

It has been a whirlwind since then!! The man who Allah chose to use as the catalyst for this change in me is now my husband - alhamdulilla - and we are both working hard to build a more Islamically led life. Its not been easy but inshallah we are getting there slowly :)

I was very much influenced by your story as someone born into a muslim family but who cannot appriciate what it is like to become a muslim after having led a way of life without knowing Allah for many tear.s You know those of us who were born muslims are like the fish born in the sea. Just as fish do not know what it is like to be out of water, we too do not know what it is like to be out of Islam. In a way, we may not appreciate beliveing the value of islam as much as you do. Still, it is nice to hear stories that once more reminds us about how fortunate we are to have been born muslims. Please pray for those like me so that we do not lose our religion while someone likes you finds it :) wasslam sis.