Can a Muslim still like Dogs I know Muslims are not allowed to keep Dogs as pets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
why wont u change your mind just a guy? you want to like dogs? you want to stare at them from a distance and know in your heart that you love them? you cant touch them because they are unclean so you stand far away and think eww this dog is filthy and disgusting but I love it so much no good can come from liking it.. it doesnt make sense, I would occasionally throw food at stray dogs but nothing more, it just doesnt make sense that you should like a dog if you believe the above hadiths, If you had to choose the barakah from having angels in your house or a filthy mutt that will gain you like just for the sake of it.

Oh give me a break.

You seriously want to maintain this ignorant stance that Muslims aren't allowed to LIKE dogs just because we can't own them (barring certain conditions)? You mentioned the quoted Hadith, but did you bother to read any of them or the rulings yourself? If so, you would have clearly seen that there is no nullification of tahaarah upon TOUCHING a dog, barring certain conditions. Yet you seem intent on believing so.

And what's with the coercion? You want to hate dogs, that's your problem. Why force others to go along with you when it's not even a matter of halal and haram? No one's talking about the permissability of owning dogs as pets for no reason.

It is straight up all about feelings and emotions now and YOURS do not get preference over others.

I seriously have no idea what you're trying to achieve by insisting that a Muslim is doing something wrong simply by liking one of Allah's Creatures. You want to quote the abovementioned ahadith and fatwas?

Start by reading them yourself.

Hearts of Greenbirds

Oh give me a break.

You seriously want to maintain this ignorant stance that Muslims aren't allowed to LIKE dogs just because we can't own them (barring certain conditions)? You mentioned the quoted Hadith, but did you bother to read any of them or the rulings yourself? If so, you would have clearly seen that there is no nullification of tahaarah upon TOUCHING a dog, barring certain conditions. Yet you seem intent on believing so.

And what's with the coercion? You want to hate dogs, that's your problem. Why force others to go along with you when it's not even a matter of halal and haram? No one's talking about the permissability of owning dogs as pets for no reason.

It is straight up all about feelings and emotions now and YOURS do not get preference over others.

I seriously have no idea what you're trying to achieve by insisting that a Muslim is doing something wrong simply by liking one of Allah's Creatures. You want to quote the abovementioned ahadith and fatwas?

Start by reading them yourself.

subhanallah i cant believe you keep trying to say dogs is cute and all that ... we get it ukhtiii remember what is halal is halal what is haram is haram and what you like is what you like ,,, thats is you ,, but let me aske you something did the prophet sws said i like dogs they are so cute ??? answer that Q befor asking others ?? and easy ukhtiii if you are not agree with the brother aske kindly dont be that harsh ,,, remember A Deenu Naseeha ... and i dont think the brother is force others to anything he is just saying as you are ,,, i can go on but let me make it short be carefull ,,,

xAllahKnowsBestx

Why is this thread turning into a dog-hater thread? :/ Of course owning a dog is haram (without a legitimate excuse) but liking dogs is a whole new thing. What's wrong with thinking dogs are cute? Are they not Allah (swt)'s creations? Just because we can't own them, it doesn't mean we hate them. We have been ordered to have mercy upon every living thing.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Sure we can like them. Dogs as every other animals are creatures of Allah.

Whay to make so big issue just as dogs?

What you think about people keep rats as they pets? Or spiders?

Hearts of Greenbirds

lol subhanallah what can i say some are agree and some are not we should respect that those who like dogs tafadal like it those who dont fine ,, the end :) it is the last time i will write on here Fi Amanillah

forgive me if i have acte harsh on anyone jzk

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
subhanallah i cant believe you keep trying to say dogs is cute and all that ... we get it ukhtiii remember what is halal is halal what is haram is haram and what you like is what you like ,,, thats is you ,, but let me aske you something did the prophet sws said i like dogs they are so cute ??? answer that Q befor asking others ?? and easy ukhtiii if you are not agree with the brother aske kindly dont be that harsh ,,, remember A Deenu Naseeha ... and i dont think the brother is force others to anything he is just saying as you are ,,, i can go on but let me make it short be carefull ,,,

One.

Two.

Three.

Ok, so now we can't even find something to be cute without having to look for sources in Quran and Hadith to approve our thinking so. I'm sorry but what black and white world do you live in? This post is nothing short of narrow-minded mentality that basically states that anything that is outside of halal bounds of Islam cannot even be given the option of looking beautiful to someone.

Clearly UKHTI you do NOT get it. And kindly refrain from telling me to not be harsh. You clearly forget that there are members on this forum that have only recently accepted Islam and are trying to incorporate it into their lives and you choose to be harsh with them and speak to them with such disrespect?

You want me to answer your supposed question about the Prophet :saw: saying if dogs are cute or not?

Um no?

Why?

Because I don't recall a hadith with him saying ANYTHING was cute?

Does that mean that we're not supposed to make remarks about how beautiful the nature of Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala is?

Oh wait, I can't do that. It's haram to OWN them. And that means it's haram to say anything nice about them.

Another deep breath.

Seriously, I'm just going to stop speaking now before I say something that will break my fast but before I conclude I ask YOU to be careful before accusing others of things you have absolutely no idea about.

No one said anything about owning dogs and if you had even bothered to read my post properly, you would have seen that we're no longer discussing the permissability of anything. We have now traversed into the realm of sheer EMOTION and you are responding to me based on such. There is no disagreement of what is halal and what is haram as you yourself have stated but to say that people have no right to say what is "cute" or not unless something has been stated as "cute" in the Hadith or Quran is just downright ridiculous.

I assume this means that we're also not allowed to think the sky is blue simply because it is not stated in the Quran and the Prophet :saw: did not state that the sky is blue in his hadith.

Rock on, sister. That's exactly the kind of mentality the Muslim world needs right now.

Hearts of Greenbirds

Because I don't recall a hadith with him saying ANYTHING was cute?

then you dont know what hadith is since you are saying this sis

u wrote this Ok, so now we can't even find something to be cute without having to look for sources in Quran and Hadith to approve our thinking so. I'm sorry but what black and white world do you live in

loool let me tell yaa the world i live in is green and yellow since you aske ,,,

and dont get my word twisted did i say anything about you cant find anything to be cute without having to look for sources ???

dont be that weak and dont find a reason to say this kinda stuff

Clearly UKHTI you do NOT get it. And kindly refrain from telling me to not be harsh. You clearly forget that there are members on this forum that have only recently accepted Islam and are trying to incorporate it into their lives and you choose to be harsh with them and speak to them with such disrespect?

i didnt forget anything ,,, and you dont even know me how can you say i am disrespect ???? or would i be disrespect if i say dogs aint cute ,, you kiding me and i am far away being harsh on them nor do i speak disrespect it is cool with me if you wanna keep on going inshallah

and since you keep talking about the sky is blue and the earth is so and so what so ever ,,, you dont even know what you as muslim are allowed to think and do since you keep sayin stuff like this

I assume this means that we're also not allowed to think the sky is blue simply because it is not stated in the Quran and the Prophet did not state that the sky is blue in his hadith. becarefull what you say and try to understand ppl befor you run into things Rock on, sister. That's exactly the kind of mentality the Muslim world needs right now.

Rock on ?? loool Fi Amanillah

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger
I assume this means that we're also not allowed to think the sky is blue simply because it is not stated in the Quran and the Prophet did not state that the sky is blue in his hadith. becarefull what you say and try to understand ppl befor you run into things Rock on, sister. That's exactly the kind of mentality the Muslim world needs right now.

Rock on ?? loool Fi Amanillah[/QUOTE]

There is such a thing as debating with intelligent responses.........and then there is something else lol.

Let's have a look:

then you dont know what hadith is since you are saying this sis

I see. I don't know what a hadith is. How nice. Okay, kindly produce a hadith that supports your argument that certain things are mentioned as cute or not.

loool let me tell yaa the world i live in is green and yellow since you aske ,,,

Um no. Your world (the world where something "cute" can only be called cute if it is backed up by Quran and Hadith) has only two colors in it.

1. Black

2. White

Just like your little theory.

and dont get my word twisted did i say anything about you cant find anything to be cute without having to look for sources ???

Lol oh yes I'm getting your precious words twisted. Let's take a look at your words, shall we?

we get it ukhtiii remember what is halal is halal what is haram is haram and what you like is what you like ,,, thats is you ,, but let me aske you something did the prophet sws said i like dogs they are so cute ???

Well gosh! *Gasp* Those sure look like your words to me! And is that question asking me where the Prophet :saw: said something was cute? I'm sorry, last I recall, RasulAllah :saw: was considered a source of guidance for Muslims. Clearly, your comments above indicate your thinking otherwise. Then again, your other comments indicate the opposite.

I think you're truly confused, sister lol.

dont be that weak and dont find a reason to say this kinda stuff

Lol yes, because I made up all the remarks you said earlier and am now arguing with an invisible entity.

didnt forget anything ,,, and you dont even know me how can you say i am disrespect ???? or would i be disrespect if i say dogs aint cute ,, you kiding me and i am far away being harsh on them nor do i speak disrespect it is cool with me if you wanna keep on going inshallah

and since you keep talking about the sky is blue and the earth is so and so what so ever ,,, you dont even know what you as muslim are allowed to think and do since you keep sayin stuff like this

Oh this is just precious. Here you are taking my conclusions and turning them on me.

Sweetheart, I clearly think even YOU are confused about the point you are trying to make. I suggest formally stating your opinion before mindlessly arguing with someone simply for the sake of arguing.

Debates are usually for adults.

You take care now lol

Status
Not open for further replies.