Can a Muslim still like Dogs I know Muslims are not allowed to keep Dogs as pets ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
Animals can and do see and hear things that we cannot. They are more in tune with nature and with this world than we humans are.

Dogs are known to have excellent hearing and sense of smell. I know my dogs will bark at something that I can't even see, because they hear or smell it.

Cats are known for their excellent night vision. They can see in total darkness things that we have no idea are there.

Not just dogs and cats, but most animals have these senses and abilities to see and hear things that we cannot. It pays to pay attention to the animals sometimes.

Sakeena

My dad has a dog. I wish he would get rid of him. I hate it when he runs in my room or gets in my bed or walks on my prayer rug. :mad: so annoying. And he eats poop and licks himself and tries to lick my face. I can't stand it guys! I wish I had a cat instead and give the dog away asap!!!

Hearts of Greenbirds

first of all i am somali so when it comes 2 dogs i rather wanna run away then waching it ,,, and i am afraid of dogs and mostly when it is black looool ,,, have you guys ever seen a somali who is so afraid of dog and he was runing for his life but the dog was after him becouse he wanna play but the somali didnt know that
i am just sayin ,, dogs aint my thing Alhamdulilah as well as sneak s

Sakeena

Animals can and do see and hear things that we cannot. They are more in tune with nature and with this world than we humans are.

Dogs are known to have excellent hearing and sense of smell. I know my dogs will bark at something that I can't even see, because they hear or smell it.

Cats are known for their excellent night vision. They can see in total darkness things that we have no idea are there.

Not just dogs and cats, but most animals have these senses and abilities to see and hear things that we cannot. It pays to pay attention to the aK looknimals sometimes.

When a rooster crows, it's seen an angel. One should say Bismillah when a dog barks or a donkey breys. It's all in the unseen.

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
first of all i am somali so when it comes 2 dogs i rather wanna run away then waching it ,,, and i am afraid of dogs and mostly when it is black looool ,,, have you guys ever seen a somali who is so afraid of dog and he was runing for his life but the dog was after him becouse he wanna play but the somali didnt know that
i am just sayin ,, dogs aint my thing Alhamdulilah as well as sneak s

You wouldn't like my house then. I have two big black dogs. They're big babies, but you wouldn't think so. I have a fence around the yard so they don't run free. Well, one does, but only because she climbs the fence.

Hearts of Greenbirds

bismillah you kiding me right just a guy

Alhamdulilah we aint in the same home

i am so afraid of dogs that if i see one far away ,,, then i am more then ready to run away looool

Ershad

Wa alaikome salam

Brother is this your scientific opinion about the dog situation or do you have proof thats the reason?

Dear Sister,

It is my scientific opinion based on proofs and observation. It is good that you ask for scientific proof. Some people think religion and science cannot go together because they are enemies. There are difference in opinion in areas like origin of life and universe. But I think science is just too young to understand islam but it is a nice way to understand it.

As far as your question is concerned, there are scientific proof for dog having better sense of vision, smell and hearing than human beings. The retina of our eyes is made of what is called rods and cone cells. They are also called photoreceptors. The cone cells are responsible for colour vision and rods for night vision. A dog’s retina has a much higher proportion of rods than cones than the human retina. That is why, they can see far even in poor lighting conditions or in night. The hearing sense of dog is highly developed and dogs can hear high notes that the human ear cannot detect. And of course, smell you might know, it is better than humans. That is why they are used in criminal investigations. If you want reference, you can find it

I hope that answers your question. I can provide you reference but I am not allowed to post links until I have 15 posts. I am just joined here. But you can search for J.K.Blackshaw's article on vision and other senses of dogs (animalbehaviour.net). They do research on animal behaviour.

Jazakallahu Khair!

Allah knows the best.

Regards,

Ershad

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
bismillah you kiding me right just a guy

Alhamdulilah we aint in the same home

i am so afraid of dogs that if i see one far away ,,, then i am more then ready to run away looool

:salam2:

Nope, no kidding here.

As I've said before, I think this fear of dogs is more of a cultural thing than a religious one. I know that dogs in Africa and Asia are more feared and reviled than they are in Western societies. That's neither here nor there, and I won't pass judgment on whether I think it's right or wrong. That's just how it is.

You're still my sister in faith and humanity even if you are scared of dogs.

xAllahKnowsBestx

I like dogs, I think they're cute and all.. But I'm scared of them (If they're big/black/scary-looking/etc..). I think it's because back home, the streets are full of stray dogs (mostly likely to have rabies) and we're taught to stay away from them as kids because they're "filthy and they'll bite you". And that grows into fear..

Seeker-of-truth

Nope, no kidding here.

As I've said before, I think this fear of dogs is more of a cultural thing than a religious one. I know that dogs in Africa and Asia are more feared and reviled than they are in Western societies. That's neither here nor there, and I won't pass judgment on whether I think it's right or wrong. That's just how it is.

You're still my sister in faith and humanity even if you are scared of dogs.

dogs are filthy it doesnt matter whether its a cultural thing or a religious thing the point is that it is also a scientific thing. dogs are disgusting they carry filth in their mouths and a dog can kill you in your sleep if u let it lie on ur bed, how then can you love such a filthy dangerous beast? it is unclean it stops angels coming into your house keeping 1 removes reward from you, how then can u still like them? they bark all night they smell and they are usually unclean, they arent very clever and i would never keep 1 as a pet why would anyone keep such a filthy beast?

Seeker-of-truth

fine you may love a filthy mutt no good will it do for you but whatever, it cant even come into your home because it is so filthy but like it if you want

kashif_nazeer

~~~Alhamdulillah~~~

We are not allowed to hate animals or be cruel to them because Prophet :saw: said,"Have mercy on those who are on earth,so that the One in heaven may have mercy on you."
It doesn't mean we are allowed to have certain pets in our homes except conditionally.
Personally,I grew up dreading dogs but the fear vanished as I grew up.I remember waiting for school bus as a kid,surrounded by lot of strays.They seemed quite intimidating .(I got chased by a big one as a kid).As I grew the strays didn't scare me anymore as I got habitual of them surrounding.So yeah,I grew up with strays around me,in a way.I wouldn't want them in my home,anyway.

:wasalam:

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome

First of all it is NOT just a cultural thing as it has been proven in this very thread with posted hadith that it is most definately a religious thing!!!

Owning a dog other than for reasons specified in the very clear hadith of our beloved Prophet (SAW) is FORBIDDEN!!! We cannot just pick and choose that which we wish to obey and if it is something distasteful to us or we dont agree with it we choose to call it a cultural thing and ignore it!

The Prophet (SAW) has forbidden owning a dog. It does not mean you cannot LIKE dogs but you cannot have one in your home! It is very clear and extremely simple! We as Muslims must make the choice to submit to Allah and follow the religion of our lord with ALL of our hearts and sometimes that means to sacrifice something we used to love before we became Muslims. Allah will forgive what you did before you knew you were doing wrong but there is no guarantee that you will be given that same gift of forgiveness if you continue to do what you know is forbidden! Quran states "it is possible that you hate a thing which is better for you; and it is possible that you like a thing which is bad for you; and Allah knows, and you do not know".

No matter what you think - Allah knows the best and if you are Muslim you must submit to his wishes not to your own!

May Allah forgive me if I have said something wrong.

Wa salam

Hearts of Greenbirds

there is nothing cute about a big black dog ??? u kiding me

and it is dirty over it ,, dont like it but they are on earth as well as we are i am fine with it but i will never ever touch a dog nor come close 2 one in my life inshallah ,,,and they are unclean
and i dont see a reason why ppl have dogs at home onless you are blind and need it couse we Gotta be real you are not a hunter why you gotta have a dog ??? come on serious

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
so do I
you dont have to answer just a guy

Please understand.. I am not mad at anyone. It's just that we just keep going round and round with this and there's really not anything more to discuss here. You all know how I feel about this and I know how you feel. You're not changin my mind and I'm not changing yours. So I am moving on.

esperanza

revert of many years
your right ..this thread has gone on and on..theres not much else to say..guess we should move on and talk about things can help us...

Seeker-of-truth

why wont u change your mind just a guy? you want to like dogs? you want to stare at them from a distance and know in your heart that you love them? you cant touch them because they are unclean so you stand far away and think eww this dog is filthy and disgusting but I love it so much no good can come from liking it.. it doesnt make sense, I would occasionally throw food at stray dogs but nothing more, it just doesnt make sense that you should like a dog if you believe the above hadiths, If you had to choose the barakah from having angels in your house or a filthy mutt that will gain you like just for the sake of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.