Hadith of the Day

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

`Abdullah bin `Amr bin Al-`as (May Allah be pleased with them)
reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "It is one of the gravest sins to
abuse one's parents.'' It was asked (by the people): "O Messenger of Allah,
can a man abuse his own parents?'' Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He
abuses the father of somebody who, in return, abuses the former's father;
he then abuses the mother of somebody who, in return, abuses his
mother".

Chapter 41
Prohibition of Disobeying Parents and severance of Relations

Hadith 338

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Abu Mas`ud `Uqbah bin `Amr Al-Badri Al-Ansari (May Allah be pleased
with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "A man who is
well versed in the Book of Allah and can recite it better, should lead the
Salat (prayer); if (all those present) are equal in this respect, then the
man who is senior most in respect of emigration, if they are equal in that
respect too, then the oldest of them should lead the prayer".

Chapter 44
Revering the Scholars and Elders, Preferring them to others and raising their Status

Hadith 348

[Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

`Abdullah bin Mas`ud (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "There will be discrimination after my death and there will be other matters that you will disapprove.'' He was asked: "O Messenger of Allah! What do you command us to do when we are encountered with such happenings?'' He answered, "Give what is due from you and supplicate to Allah for your rights.''

Chapter 80
Obligation of Obedience to the Ruler in what is Lawful and Prohibition of Obeying them in what is Unlawful

Hadith 670
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah makes the way to Jannah easy for him who treads the path in search of knowledge.'' [Muslim].

Commentary: A part of it which relates to the eminence of knowledge has been reproduced here. In this Hadith, knowledge means the knowledge of the religion, that is to say the correct knowledge of the Qur'an and Hadith which is acquired without any prejudice of any juristic school. Otherwise juristic prejudice can turn knowledge into great obstruction. May Allah bestow His Mercy on us.

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

In a narration by Muslim, the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The reward of every (good) deed of a person is multiplied from ten to seven hundred times. Allah (SWT) says: `The reward of observing Saum is different from the reward of other good deeds; Saum is for Me, and I Alone will give its reward. The person observing Saum abstains from food and drink only for My sake.' The fasting person has two joyous occasions, one at the time of breaking his fast, and the other at the time of meeting his Rubb. Surely, the breath of one observing Saum is better smelling to Allah than the fragrance of musk.''

Commentary: "Khuluf'', is the smell that comes from the mouth of person who observes Saum. It results from the thirst and hunger which he has to suffer during the Saum. The Hadith not only tells us the merits of Saum but also brings into focus the true significance of it. Saum is not thus mere abstention from food, drink and sexual intercourse, but also keeping away from all evils and vices and embracing virtues.

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Abu Sa`id Al-Khudri (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The most evil of the people to Allah on the Day of Resurrection will be the man who consorts with his wife and then publicizes her secret."

Chapter 85
Secrecy of Private Matters (Guarding Secrets)

Hadith 685
[Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

“Allah will say on the Day of Judgment, ‘O son of Adam, I was sick and you did not visit Me.’ He will say, ‘O my Lord, how could I visit You, when you are the Lord of the Worlds.’ Allah will say, ‘Did you not know that My servant so-and-so was sick and you did not visit him? Did you not know that if you had visited him, you would have found Me there?’ Allah will say, ‘O son of Adam, I asked you for food and you fed Me not.’ He shall say, ‘O my Lord, how could I feed you and you are the Lord of the Worlds?’ And Allah will say, ‘Did you not know that My servant so-and-so was in need of food and you did not feed him? Did you not know that if you had fed him, you would have found that to have been for Me?’ ‘O son of Adam, I asked you for water and you did not give Me to drink.’ The man shall say, ‘O my Lord, how could I give You water, when You are the Lord of the Worlds?’ Allah will say, ‘My servant so-and-so asked you for water and you did not give him to drink water. Did you not know that if you had given him to drink, you would have found that to have been for Me.’

(Muslim, Hadith no. 4661)

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Abu Umamah Sudaiy bin `Ajlan Al-Bahili (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said: "Nothing is dearer to Allah than two drops and two marks: A drop of tears shed out of fear of Allah and a drop of blood shed in Allah's way. Regarding the two marks, they are: Marks left in the Cause of Allah and a mark left in observing one of the obligatory act of worship of Allah, the Exalted".

Chapter 54
Excellence of Weeping out of Fear from Allah (swt)

Hadith 455

[At-Tirmidhi]

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Ibn `Umar (May Allah bepleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim. So he should not oppress him nor should he hand him over to (his satan or to his self which is inclined to evil). Whoever fulfills the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever removes the troubles of his brother, Allah will remove one of his troubles on the Day of Resurrection; and whoever covers up the fault of a Muslim, Allah will cover up his fault on the Day of Resurrection".

[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "While a man was walking, dressed in clothes admiring himself, his hair combed, walking haughtily when Allah caused the earth to swallow him. Now he will continue to go down in it (as a punishment) until the Day of Resurrection.''

Chapter 72
Condemnation of Pride and Self-Conceit

Hadith 619

[Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Hadeeth Qudsi 25:

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said: Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:

Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.

Related by al-Bukhari

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 91
Brevity in Preaching

Hadith 701

Mu`awiyah bin Al-Hakam As-Sulami (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: While I was in Salat with Messenger of Allah (PBUH), a man in the congregation sneezed and I responded with: `Yarhamuk-Allah (Allah have mercy on you).' The people stared at me with disapproving looks. So I said: "May my mother lose me. Why are you staring at me?" Thereupon, they began to strike their thighs with their hands. When I saw them urging to me to remain silent, I became angry but restrained myself. When Messenger of Allah (PBUH) concluded his Salat. I have never before seen an instructor who gave better instruction than he, may my father and mother be sacrificed for him. He neither remonstrated me, nor beat me, nor abused me. He simply said,"It is not permissible to talk during Salat because it consists of glorifying Allah, declaring His Greatness as well as recitation of the Qur'an," or he said words to that effect." I said: "O Allah's Messenger, I have but recently accepted Islam, and Allah has favoured us with Islam. There are still some people among us who go to consult soothsayers." He said, "Do not consult them." Then I said: "There are some of us who are guided by omens." He said, "These things which come to their minds. They should not be influenced by them."
(Muslim).

noorunnisa24434

Assalamualaikum,

It is a great thing to post a new hadith every day.Instead people read though for the day atleast read the hadith and gain some knowledge about Islam.

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 65
Remembrance of Death and Restraint of Wishes

Hadith 574

`Abdullah bin `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) took hold of my shoulders and said, "Be in the world like a stranger or a wayfarer.'' Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) used to say: When you survive till the evening do not expect to live until the morning; and when you survive till the morning do not expect to live until the evening. While in good health (do good deeds) before you fall sick; and while you are alive (do good deeds) before death strikes.
[Al-Bukhari].

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalamu Alykum,

Alhamdulilah, thats how we should be approaching each day. But then again some people just dont take heed of the fact the may not be alive in the evening.

Jazakallah Khair brother for posting.

Wasalam

Salaam,

Chapter 65
Remembrance of Death and Restraint of Wishes

Hadith 574

`Abdullah bin `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) took hold of my shoulders and said, "Be in the world like a stranger or a wayfarer.'' Ibn `Umar (May Allah be pleased with them) used to say: When you survive till the evening do not expect to live until the morning; and when you survive till the morning do not expect to live until the evening. While in good health (do good deeds) before you fall sick; and while you are alive (do good deeds) before death strikes.
[Al-Bukhari].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 27
Reverence towards the Sanctity of the Muslims

Hadith 233

Ibn `Umar (May Allah bepleased with them) reported: Messenger of Allah
(PBUH) said, "A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim. So he should not
oppress him nor should he hand him over to (his satan or to his self which
is inclined to evil). Whoever fulfills the needs of his brother, Allah will
fulfill his needs; whoever removes the troubles of his brother, Allah will
remove one of his troubles on the Day of Resurrection; and whoever covers
up the fault of a Muslim, Allah will cover up his fault on the Day of
Resurrection".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 25
Discharging the Trusts

Hadith 201

Hudhaifah and Abu Hurairah (May Allah bepleased with them) reported that they heard Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "Allah will assemble mankind, and the believers will stand till Jannah will be brought near them. They will then go to Adam (PBUH) and say, `O our father, ask (Allah (SWT), that Jannah may be opened for us, but he will reply: `There was
nothing that put you out of Jannah except your father's sin. I am not the one to do that, go to my son Ibrahim (Abraham), the beloved man of Allah.' Then Ibrahim (PBUH) when approached, will say: `I am not the one to do
that, for I was only a friend; and that is not a lofty status but ask Musa (Moses) to whom Allah spoke.' They will then go to Musa (PBUH) but he will say: `I am not the one to do that; go to `Isa (Jesus), Allah's Word and
spirit.' `Isa (PBUH) will say: `I am not the one to do that.' So they will come to me; and I will stand and be given permission. Amanah and ties of relationship will be sent forth and will stand on the sides of the Sirat
(that is, the Bridge set over Hell-fire) right and left, and the first of you will pass like lightning.'' I said (that is Abu Hurairah (May Allah bepleased with him)" :I ransom you with my father and mother, what is like
the movement of lightning?'' The Messenger of Allah replied, "Have you not seen how the lightning goes and returns in the twinkling of an eye? Next (group will pass) like the passing of the breeze, next like the passing of a bird, and the next with the speed of a running man, according to thequality of their deeds. (During all this time) your Prophet (PBUH) will
remain standing on the Bridge saying: `O my Rubb, keep (them) safe, keep (them) safe,' till men's deeds are so weak that a man comes who will be able only to crawl. On both sides of the Bridge pronged flesh hooks, placed
under command will be hung and will seize those about whom they receive command, some people being lacerated and escaping and others being thrown violently into Hell.'' Abu Hurairah added: By Him in Whose Hand Abu
Hurairah's soul is, the pit of Jahannam (Hell) is seventy years in depth.
[Muslim].

sharaz

Fear Allah
Salaam,

Chapter 46
Excellence and Etiquette of Sincere love for the sake of Allah

Allah, the Exalted, says:

"Muhammad (PBUH) is the Messenger of Allah. And those who are with him are severe against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves. You see them bowing and falling down prostrate (in prayer), seeking bounty from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. The mark of them (i.e., of their Faith) is on their faces (foreheads) from the traces of prostration (during prayers).
This is their description in the Taurat (Torah). But their description in the Injeel (Gospel) is like a (sown) seed which sends forth its shoot, then makes it strong, and becomes thick and it stands straight on its stem,
delighting the sowers, that He may enrage the disbelievers with them. Allah has promised those among them who believe (i.e., all those who follow Islamic Monotheism, the religion of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) till the Day of Resurrection) and do righteous good deeds, forgiveness and a mighty reward
(i.e., Jannah).'' (48:29)

"And those who, before them, had homes (in Al-Madinah) and had adopted the Faith, - love those who emigrate to them...'' (59:9)

Hadith 375

Anas bin Malik (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Prophet (PBUH) said, "There are three qualities whoever has them, will taste the sweetness of Iman: To love Allah and His Messenger (PBUH) more than anyone else; to love a slave (of Allah) only for (the sake of) Allah; and to abhor returning to infidelity after Allah has saved him from it as he would abhor to be thrown into the fire (of Hell)".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].