help

Sakeena

Asalam Alaikum warahmatullahi wa barakatou!

I've had a rough week, visitng the emergency room after I had a severe asthma attack T my dad asked me to serve snacks and beer at a game while I was in the emergency room. He is set off by the slightest mistake I make, what can I do? He seems to care more about our reputation and what friends and business associates think and my health seems to get in the way of his "plans". :girl3:

Perhaps I should have just stopped breathing died right then and there.

It seems no matter what I do, he's never fully happy unless I act and dress like a kafir. I never do what they do, I'm not perfect, but I try to do the right thing. :shymuslima1:

Why would he even mention this..so insensitive! Of course I turned it down. No worries there. :)

I don't feel loved TTIans. :(

my dad is too critical, he cares too much about our reputation and what others think. i even stopped wearing hijab because he gave me a hard time..

esperanza

revert of many years
[Qdear sister..so sorry for your hard time,,,,icant understand though how can he ask you to do something when your in the emergency room

it must be so hard your trying to be a good muslim and he is working against your efoorts..
may Allah make things easier for you

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
:salam2:

Oh my dear sister. May Allah keep you strong and gives you health and patience in your hard situation.

consoling1.gif

Hajjerr

He is Dhul-Jalali Wal-Ikram
salam aleikum wa rahmatulahy wa barakatuh,

Dear sister, may Allah help you, seems that every muslim that Allah loves is facing hard times, i know from experience, i have my own issues also.....

My sister has asthma also and i know what means, i sometimes counted with her the second when breathing and when not breathing and we used to sleep with the inhalitor between the pilows...i understand you...

Be the best as you can be and leave the rest to Allah, at least this is what i try to do, parents are people also, with different caracters and personalitys...maybe some day, when will be older will realise many things...or in the Hearafter..

Wish you all the best,

Sakeena

[Qdear sister..so sorry for your hard time,,,,icant understand though how can he ask you to do something when your in the emergency room

it must be so hard your trying to be a good muslim and he is working against your efoorts..
may Allah make things easier for you

Thanks sister esperanza. :girl3:

I don't understand him or why he does this.

Hatty

May Allah shower you with a lot of patience sister and give you strength and put your hear at peace.

Do not pressure and stress yourself too much. do not picture and think of what happened in your head over and over again. block it out.

you know you won't be able to change your dad, he might continue to be like this or chose to stop one day. but if you ignore it and continue with your life as you see best for you and be nice to him in return instead of showing remorse, this I think would have a positive impact after a while....Allah knows best....May Allah help you....

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Salaam Alaykum Sakeena,

I am convinced we cannot truly live the Islamic life until we are out of the roofs of the kufr. Because I have started going to a Masjid alhamdulilah and spending time with Muslimahs and my family are giving me SUCH a hard time. :/

This is the road we chose, stay strong and on the straight path. Make dua for life to get easier for you. Whether that means them becoming more tolerant or you finding a way to move out, insha allah.

Al-Imraan

Salaamu alaykum

May allah shower his blessings on you and make you much healthier inshallah
in the 2nd paragraph did u mean suicide or something by stopping breathing and die?

Sakeena

May allah shower his blessings on you and make you much healthier inshallah
in the 2nd paragraph did u mean suicide or something by stopping breathing and die?

no, not suicide, I was having an asthma attack, and could barely breathe, :(

saifkhan

abd-Allah
as salam 'aalykum warahamtu-llah

I pray that you get a righteous husband and he may take you out of these filthy things. by filthy i didn't mean your home, father or family, but out of the surroundings of kufr.

pray to Allah so that He bestow with a righteous Husband, with righteous and pure kids, with whom you may dwell in tranquility

wassalam

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Not to worry.

Drink water..

Now...you need to keep dhikr. That will reduce the stress level.

You are so creative...just use scarfs..and this is hard...keep a distance from your father. Serve him as not to cause more stress. But minimize the conversations with him.

You have ohter things on your mind. Let us devote time to the positive.

You are loved. You know I love you. You know that. You know we love you here. You know Allah loves you. And take a moment to count your blessings. It too shall pass, InshaAllah.

Sakeena

as salam 'aalykum warahamtu-llah

I pray that you get a righteous husband and he may take you out of these filthy things. by filthy i didn't mean your home, father or family, but out of the surroundings of kufr.

pray to Allah so that He bestow with a righteous Husband, with righteous and pure kids, with whom you may dwell in tranquility

wassalam

Ameen to the duaas. :tti_sister:

queenislam

★★★I LOVE ALLAH★★★
~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!

Assalamu'alaikum!
:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:
Our dearest sister,
Take the challenge
Like ;
Sayidatina Maryam Binti Imran,

Asiya's firaun wife,

Masyitah,

Sayidatina Siti Hajar,

Sayidatina Aisha,

and many many more islam's eminent women that
we can adopt their good patience
and best example from them.

~Masha'allah!

~So be patient,sister.
:tti_sister:~May Allah swt help and guide you~Amin!
:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:
Take care!
~Wassalam

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

If you are able to endure then you should make dawa. If you feel that your own deen is at stake because of them then you should get married. If your father is not a Muslim then you can get married making a sheikh your wali. You should try and consult a sheikh, masjid, muslim community near you. Get married to a righteous husband Insha Allaah!

all4islam

Assalam-e-alikum

sorry to hear that your father is giving you a hard time
but sister don't worry Inshallah things will be fine.i know it's easy to say
but it's just like a test.Allah test us in different ways be patience

May Allah guide you

Sakeena

If you are able to endure then you should make dawa. If you feel that your own deen is at stake because of them then you should get married. If your father is not a Muslim then you can get married making a sheikh your wali. You should try and consult a sheikh, masjid, muslim community near you. Get married to a righteous husband Insha Allaah!

Is marriage really an option? :girl3:

InshaAllah, I'd love to, I recently met and befriended some hijabi Muslim sisters from the community and they know a great brother.

Allahu Alim. :tti_sister:

Noor El-Huda

yes sister it could be a solution, however don't go in hastily. Although you may be suffering, be very careful in considering how right this person is for you. Take the right steps, get somebody to find out about the brother.I'm not an expert in this matter, maybe someone here could advise you on the steps to this. They are your islamic right. Get more than your female friends opinions, perhaps their brothers/husbands.You need the opinion of trustworthy godfearing men to judge his character and deen, because they are able to interact with him.Thats not to say you don't consult your female friends, ofcourse you do. Deen and character both are so important. Just one or the other are not sufficient to secure a good marriage. Be very sure that both are there in the brother you that decide to marry inshAllah.

In the meantime until you get married to a muslim, think of the challenges you face with your father as your source of reward from Allah swt. That way, hopefully you would have the energy, the patience to deal with him as tactfully as you possibly can.

I hope Allah swt makes things easy for you sister. Don't worry we are here for you. Most importantly, Allah swt is here for you.

So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

(Quran, 94:5-6)

Sakeena

yes sister it could be a solution, however don't go in hastily. Although you may be suffering, be very careful in considering how right this person is for you. Take the right steps, get somebody to find out about the brother.I'm not an expert in this matter, maybe someone here could advise you on the steps to this. They are your islamic right. Get more than your female friends opinions, perhaps their brothers/husbands.You need the opinion of trustworthy godfearing men to judge his character and deen, because they are able to interact with him.Thats not to say you don't consult your female friends, ofcourse you do. Deen and character both are so important. Just one or the other are not sufficient to secure a good marriage. Be very sure that both are there in the brother you that decide to marry inshAllah.

In the meantime until you get married to a muslim, think of the challenges you face with your father as your source of reward from Allah swt. That way, hopefully you would have the energy, the patience to deal with him as tactfully as you possibly can.

I hope Allah swt makes things easy for you sister. Don't worry we are here for you. Most importantly, Allah swt is here for you.

So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief.

Verily, with every difficulty there is relief.

(Quran, 94:5-6)

Wasalam sis Noor. ((eHugs)) I'm not rushing or going hastily with anything.. :hijabi: just trying to get myself ready first.. :girl3: InshaAllah. Right, in the meantime, I better stay strong and patient too! :SMILY346: I'd say I'm doing pretty good Alhamdulilah.