Helping a non-muslim sister

BegumRehana

Asalamwalaikum brothers and sisters..Recently i posted a question regarding this non-muslim sister asking me if it's alright to pray like a muslim etc and i gave her a answer to it and now she's asking me this which i need help with...

"I am praying because I believe in God and it's good for me. I am praying to God and I am praying for myself, my friends, and others in the world, to do good in school. I pray similar to a Muslim but I had to change the prayer style because I don't know it, so it's a little different. I pray five times a day whenever I can and I do make du'a sometimes and I recite a Christian prayer that I was taught "Our Father." I want to know is it ever ok in Islam to convert to better learn about the faith and be more involved even if your not sure and there is a chance I may convert back to my faith?"

JazakaAllah-khair!

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
:wasalam:,

its little confusing for me. what she means by prayer (Islamic or christian) and by faith (Islam or christian).

you can tell her that:

1. we worship God to earn His pleasure and blessings in this world and next onel

2. we use our Lord instead of our Father.

3. its not allowed to accept Islam and then reject it. she can study Islam being a christian and accept Islam and never look back.

4. tell her to go thru scientific miracles in Quran, prophet's fortelling of End World Times ,etc.

5. let her pray to God for His guidance

and it is Allah WHo guides.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
:salam2:

I think you should ask her, what's been holding her back from embracing Islam . Because it seems to me that she likes a lot about Islam but there is something that she doesn't want to give up or go through if she accepts Islam. There's really no reason as to why she feels the need to pray like a Muslim in form or the amount of prayer in a day when Christians have their own methods of prayer. You should let her know that you respect her respect for Islam, but that the religion that Allah SWT accepts is Islam. Don't be shy about telling her, because Christians feel compelled to preach Jesus (as) and you are compelled to call people to ad deenul haqq I.e. Islam

JenGiove

I may be able to help here since I am not a Muslim but I'm learning about Islam for the sheer pleasure of learning.

As a Christian, her view of Islam is that of a different religion. In the west, people change religions depending on how they feel about the religion as they learn more about it. Be it disagreements about a Canon <in the case of Roman Catholics> or things that have happened in their lives that have changed their mindset and view of the world. Its not viewed as a major sin in the minds of Christians the way it is viewed in Islam. In Islam, as someone already pointed out, it is considered a HUGE sin. To properly follow the teachings of Islam, you can't be a "Sunday and major holidays" type of person. Its a way of life. Its not a religion in that sense.

Tell your friend that it would be better for her and less disrespectful for her to learn while she prior to her taking shahada. If she truly cares for the people and the "religion" of Islam, she will learn first so as to not bring dishonor to Islam and herself if she finds that she can not abide by the teachings.

My language has been coarse and inept but I hope your friend understands and I hope that my brothers and sisters here will understand what I was trying to convey..

Bawar

Struggling2Surrender

I was about to write something similar to what sister JenGiov wrote. Islam is not just about rituals and worship. It is a complete way of life. One can not pick and choose as that wont be Islam (submission).

A Muslim submits or surrenders to the Lord of the universe and gives up on his/her own whims and desires. It is in fact a convenant with the creator as it is stated in the holy Quran 9:111

Indeed, Allah has purchased from the believers their lives and their properties [in exchange] for that they will have Paradise.

Perhaps your friend needs some good and basic information on Islam. If she wants to convert to Islam with a view that she wants to leave it later, she will not have become Muslim in the first place.

To become a Muslim, one has to not only recite these words, but believe it in heart that:

There is none worthy of worship, but Allah and that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

bari

Tauhid tauhid and tauhid. Its all we need to convey. Islam is not a religion, as onesister already pointed out, it is deen. Deen can not be translated perfectly.

alf2

Islam is a way of life
SHe should not convert just to learn more about Islam.

Conversion should not be taken so lightly! She should only say the Shahaddah and pray as we pray if she means it 100% in her heart.

tariq353

Asalamwalaikum brothers and sisters..Recently i posted a question regarding this non-muslim sister asking me if it's alright to pray like a muslim etc and i gave her a answer to it and now she's asking me this which i need help with...

"I am praying because I believe in God and it's good for me. I am praying to God and I am praying for myself, my friends, and others in the world, to do good in school. I pray similar to a Muslim but I had to change the prayer style because I don't know it, so it's a little different. I pray five times a day whenever I can and I do make du'a sometimes and I recite a Christian prayer that I was taught "Our Father." I want to know is it ever ok in Islam to convert to better learn about the faith and be more involved even if your not sure and there is a chance I may convert back to my faith?"

JazakaAllah-khair!

wa alykum as salam,

Believing in on true Almighty God is just the first step....bcz as far as belief is concerned evn kuffars of Makkah believed in Allah but they associate partners to him

Quran 29:61
If you asked them, "Who created the heavens and earth and subjected the sun and the moon?" they would surely say, "Allah." Then how are they deluded?

Quran 31:25
And if you asked them, "Who created the heavens and earth?" they would surely say, "Allah." Say, "[All] praise is [due] to Allah"; but most of them do not know.

Quran 39:38
And if you asked them, "Who created the heavens and the earth?" they would surely say, "Allah." Say, "Then have you considered what you invoke besides Allah? If Allah intended me harm, are they removers of His harm; or if He intended me mercy, are they withholders of His mercy?" Say, "Sufficient for me is Allah; upon Him [alone] rely the [wise] reliers."

we have to follow the commandments without associating any partners.......... Otherwise belief is meaningless ...Its clearly mentioned in Quran many times "obey Allah obey the messenger".

Quran 4:48.
Indeed, Allah does not forgive association with Him, but He forgives what is less than that for whom He wills. And he who associates others with Allah has certainly fabricated a tremendous sin.

We have to pray as per the commandments of Allah..... as prayed by Prophet :saw:..... as he ordered "Pray As u v seen me praying".
any prayer that is not as per the way of Prophet :saw: will be rejected..for eg in Fajr prayer there are 2 rakah farz if any one wants to make it better n start reading 4 rakah farz(compulsory)......thats not as per the way of prophet :saw:.

Quran 5:92.
And obey Allah and obey the Messenger and beware. And if you turn away – then know that upon Our Messenger is only [the responsibility for] clear notification.

I recite a Christian prayer that I was taught "Our Father."
Did Allah taught all these???
NO.
This is the way of unbelievers who believe in triune God(Trinity) ........

Quran 4:171.
O People of the Scripture, do not commit excess in your religion or say about Allah except the truth. The Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, was but a messenger of Allah and His word which He directed to Mary and a soul [created at a command] from Him. So believe in Allah and His messengers And do not say, "Three"(TRINITY); desist – it is better for you. Indeed, Allah is but one God. Exalted is He above having a son. To Him belongs whatever is in the heavens and whatever is on the earth. And sufficient is Allah as Disposer of affairs.

and they have declared Jesus (pbuh) as his son(naouzubillah) .......
Quran 19
88. And they say, "The Most Merciful has taken [for Himself] a son."
89. You have done an atrocious thing.
90. The heavens almost rupture therefrom and the earth splits open and the mountains collapse in devastation
91. That they attribute to the Most Merciful a son.
92. And it is not appropriate for the Most Merciful that He should take a son.

This is shirk.........

I want to know is it ever ok in Islam to convert to better learn about the faith and be more involved even if your not sure and there is a chance I may convert back to my faith?
If by this she means learning more abt Islam then it is incumbent upon each n every muslim to learn abt his faith n become a better muslim & human being......

"Converting back to sisters faith"
........ Remove Paulinity from bible n read in a proper context its nothing more than Islam..... Accepting Islam doesn't mean accepting new faith it means coming back to ur original faith.

If by this she means accepting prayers n rituals of other faiths......then its not permissible..Our religion is complete..
Quran 5:3 This day I have perfected for you your religion and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam as religion.

We v to accept things n follow as Allah want us to(not as per our own desires n convenience).......Enter into Islam completely not in parts...

Quran 2:208
O you who have believed, enter into Islam completely [and perfectly] and do not follow the footsteps of Satan. Indeed, he is to you a clear enemy.

Quran 2:85
So do you believe in part of the Scripture and disbelieve in part?

There were some people who were trying to be better...by over burdening them n deviating from sunnah.....Prophet :saw: stopped them....
Sahih Bukhari Vol 7 Book 62
7:1 Narrated Anas bin Malik: A group of three men came to the houses of the wives of the Prophet asking how the Prophet worshipped (Allah), and when they were informed about that, they considered their worship insufficient and said, "Where are we from the Prophet as his past and future sins have been forgiven." Then one of them said, "I will offer the prayer throughout the night forever." The other said, "I will fast throughout the year and will not break my fast." The third said, "I will keep away from the women and will not marry forever." Allah's Apostle came to them and said, "Are you the same people who said so−and−so? By Allah, I am more submissive to Allah and more afraid of Him than you; yet I fast and break my fast, I do sleep and I also marry women. So he who does not follow my tradition in religion, is not from me (not one of my followers).

Sister is coming near to Islam step by step........She has taken the first step and we pray to Allah to open her heart n make things easy for her.

Aameen

Quran 2:142
"He guides whom He wills to a straight path."

:SMILY259:wa salam:SMILY259:

BegumRehana

JazakaAllah-khair for all the helpful answers and this is what i needed :)

InshaAllah this sister will come to the truth of islam, i can tell that she is really interested in islam and i have been having conversations with her for a long time. I think the only thing that is holding her back is Jesus (AS) I gave her many proofs regarding the bible and the Quran about our beloved prophet Jesus but it's hard for her to understand. She does have knowledge on islam and i am helping her by giving her information on Islam and most importantly Tauhid so inshaAllah she will accept Islam.

I think step by step she's getting somewhere..May Allah make it easy for her ameen.. and thankyou soo much my brothers and sisters for this helping me here! :D

Salaam

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Assalamu`alaykum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatu

While you give Da`wah to her keep making du`aa to Allah to guide her to Islaam.

tariq353

I think the only thing that is holding her back is Jesus (AS)

Good news is that Islam is the only religion where she is not suppose to leave Jesus (pbuh)....rather she has to gv him more respect by adding "pbuh" after his name.

[nyt]fgH_a7pqZJU[/nyt]

[nyt]b6GYOwkSSPo[/nyt]

for details u can ask her to visit.
http://peace-themuslimjesus.blogspot.com

May Allah gv her hidayah

wa salam

BegumRehana

Asalamwalaikum brothers and sisters..InshaAllah everybody is in good health and highest in imaan :) I replied to this sister with alot of good information but she replied this...

"You have good points and I understand but I have come to realize that I will never truly know if Islam is right for me if I don't try it..I noticed that through out my life I always had to try thingd before I knew if it was right for me. I have been explore Islam for two years now and still don't know. So I thought well maybe if I began Muslim and tried it then I will know if it's right for me. Facts and proof don't usually work for me it's about how I feel inside and if I feel this is right. I do believe in one God and want to surrender to him, to please him but I don't know how to do that exactly. Your right Islam is coming into my life it has since I met my best friend. Even if I convert and then go back to Christianity, Islam will still be in my life because of my Muslim friends and I love wearing the hijab and praying five times a day that will never leave. If I convert my parents can't know because they will disown me and force me back to the faith. Don't think they can't? ha it's Christianity they can in their own ways. I fear that if I convert but see that it's not right for me and go back to Christianity than my Muslim friends will hate me and think I am a fake when all I want to do is try the faith. But at the same time I am thinking I can't just go off of what my friends may think or feel but I need to focus on me and what I want. Otherwise I am just trying to please everyone and I realized that is not possible to do if I want to be happy. Anyway at times I do feel Islam is right but I also feel Christianity is right. I don't know what else to do to be honest but only to try the faith and see what I feel. What do you think?? I may not be a true true Muslim but at least I can say I tried and it worked out or it failed"

I Know what to say to her but i just cannot say it in a strong way, so please can you help me out on this...
JazakaAllah!

auroran

Assure her that you wouldn't think she'd be a fake if she goes back to Christianity, if that's how you feel. She has to do research before Tell her to study Islaam and if it doesn't feel 'right', then that's the path Allaah subhaana wa ta'aala chosen for her. Perhaps through this way she may become a Muslimah, Allaahu A'lam. She is in the verge of discovering the truth, all she needs is a push. Insha' Allaah ta'aala she's in my du'a'...

tariq353

I do believe in one God and want to surrender to him, to please him but I don't know how to do that exactly. Your right Islam is coming into my life it has since I met my best friend. Even if I convert and then go back to Christianity, Islam will still be in my life because of my Muslim friends and I love wearing the hijab and praying five times a day that will never leave.

Only Islam(Islam=surrender to God) believes in One true Almighty God(not just God its True God).Islam is not just about following some rituals...Without imaan (without shirk) everything else is useless.

If I convert my parents can't know because they will disown me and force me back to the faith. Don't think they can't? ha it's Christianity they can in their own ways. I fear that if I convert but see that it's not right for me and go back to Christianity than my Muslim friends will hate me and think I am a fake when all I want to do is try the faith.
You can hide your new faith till it is appropriate to disclose....accepting islam does't mean we have to go in public n say shahada, its all between Allah and the person, Allah knows who has accepted. If your friends are real they will not rather they will help you n understanding.

Anyway at times I do feel Islam is right but I also feel Christianity is right.
You said i believe in one God and here you are saying even Christianity is right fundamental belief of Christianity(Paulinity) is in "trinity" which is an unsolved enigma that how can 1+1+1=1 ???
it should be clear that accepting islam begins with shahada and first line is rejection of all other false Gods/religion/ideology "There is no one worthy of worship".
If you make a little bit study of Christianity you will come to know that its all about Paul(self proclaimed apostle who never met with him) who has nullified the teachins of Jesus(pbuh) and all this was accepted in Council of Nicea in 325 ce by voting not by the order of God.

I don't know what else to do to be honest but only to try the faith and see what I feel. What do you think?? I may not be a true true Muslim but at least I can say I tried and it worked out or it failed"

Carry on and ask Allah to help you and make you strong.

Aameen

wa salam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
ukhti...whats is really stopping her is fear...fear of what will happen after I revert? what will my family do? how will I take hold of my life if my family disowns me? where will I go to if I feel lonely and lost??? And believe me this isnt just her.....I also mentioned about my friend in your post. She now is taken back, avoids talking to us, and says "hi" once in a blue moon. This does not mean that my friend has suddely decided to abondon us and abondon learning about Islam.......it just means she is scared of what might come and how OTHERS (people she loves) would view her as.

Becoming a Muslim isnt just about taking the Shahadah and rolling with life. Its about learning, implimenting and then teaching. Its about being tested and learning to be patient. Its about standing for the truth even if all hate you for it. Its about committment! And so, the fear of change sets in the hearts of those who LOVE islam, yet cannot accept it.
I ask Allaah to guide those who truly seek His guidance. ameen Ya Allaah

BegumRehana

JazakaAllah-khair everyone, useful information :)

But i think the main issue is, is she allowed to TRY out Islam..what do i say to this? Because if she takes her shahadah with the intension of just trying out islam, Will Allah have His Blessings upon her? I mean i can say to her that once she enters Islam she can ask for Allah's guidence and may she be guided. But will Allah guide her if she doesn't have the right intension because thats what everything is judged upon.

And she has studied on Islam for 2 years, and when we have conversations through email she has told me that she knows alot about islam..I also provided her with information on our Prophet Muhammad SAWS... But like i said she just wants to try out Islam :/

Jazakallah.

auroran

30 day trial to submit to God...lol. She knows about Islaam, and is at the verge of converting, so let's make du'a' for her.

hayat84

I'm not what you believe
if your friend feels the necessity to pray like muslims,try to show her how to pray like muslims!instead of the words"Our father"that it doesn't exist in Islam,try to teach her surah Al Fatiha and make her remember words like "alhamdulillah,Bismillah,astaghfirullah".if is there a mosque,bring her with you,make her dress like a muslimah and wait how she reacts.by myself it's good to show the truth immediately.your friend seems interested to Islam,but she still manifests some rememberings of christianism.tell her that there is only One God Who created us all and toward Whom we'll return.the day she will in sh Allah take Shahada,she will feel what every muslim feels.tell her not to be afraid,because Allah is Who He opens His hand and He welcomes whoever wants to choose His path.I'll make Du'a for her,(and for you)!:tti_sister::wasalam:

BegumRehana

if your friend feels the necessity to pray like muslims,try to show her how to pray like muslims!instead of the words"Our father"that it doesn't exist in Islam,try to teach her surah Al Fatiha and make her remember words like "alhamdulillah,Bismillah,astaghfirullah".if is there a mosque,bring her with you,make her dress like a muslimah and wait how she reacts.by myself it's good to show the truth immediately.your friend seems interested to Islam,but she still manifests some rememberings of christianism.tell her that there is only One God Who created us all and toward Whom we'll return.the day she will in sh Allah take Shahada,she will feel what every muslim feels.tell her not to be afraid,because Allah is Who He opens His hand and He welcomes whoever wants to choose His path.I'll make Du'a for her,(and for you)!:tti_sister::wasalam:

:wasalam:

JazakaAllah..Its hard for me because i don't know her properly in person i only talk to her through email. She's in America - Buffalo and am here in England :/ But InshaAllah am trying my best and may her heart open to the truth, ameen :)