i want to know...

daraaldilla

Assalamu'alaikum brothers and sisters...
I need some help, because i'm so curious about this.
I have a friend, we have kown each others for years. While those 8 years, i know that he isn't strong in religion. He is A moslem, but he didn't do pray or fasting.
During those years, i kept to remind him for do salah and fasting...and remind him about the judgement day.
For a while, he did the pray and fasting for some days. But after that, he left it. And started to do some bad things. I keep remind him until now.
But i think he won't listen...and i think he avoid me..
i just so pitty to him, actually he is a nice person, but he didn't do like what Allah told to us.
I wish i can help him, but what can i do?
What should i do?
:wasalam:

palestine

Servant of Allah
The best you can do is be an example for him. Do not give up on him. keep advicing him. if you have his email, send him islamic reminders. if you get the chance sit with him and talk to him and avoid yelling or accusing him of things. i'll send u a pm later inshaAllah. asalamu alaykum wrwb.

Asha88

Ghurabaa
Salaam Sister,

Keep on advising him but I think you shouldn't do it excessively because it might drive him away. I used to bug my friend whenever she did something wrong and now we are not even close friends anymore. So I learnt that you should take it slow, don't be too quick to correct every action and tell him later that what he did was wrong. (I don't know about him but I don't like it when people pinpoint and drill me there and then )

Of course like Sister Palestine said, be a good example to him.

However I think, you can do as much to change him but the onus lies on him. Last thing you can do is to pray that Allah gives him guidance.

Wasalaam

daraaldilla

Assalamu'alikum
Sister thank u for ur advice...
I never insist him to listen, but, ussually if i got some good poem or articles about islam as reminder, i sent it to him..
Hope it will open his eyes and hope Allah guide him..Ameen

assyuara

Assalamualaikum.

Sis, i agree, just continue to explain why must we do this why must we leave that. Just be positive and dont give up ya. In my opinion, comparison with other religion is a gd thing too (but this depends). Don't get me wrong, what i mean is this: "Christians pray once a week only but we Muslims pray 5 times a day. This shows how Allah love us and want us to be close to HIM that's why Allah ask us to pray 5 time a day. By performing the solah we are 'communicating' with Allah." Sorry if my opinion is not erm that useful. =)

Actually Sis, ive got a very very close friend too who needs encouragement to perform Solah. Insha Allah ur friend will change to be a better Muslim. Whatever it is, just think positive and be positive yea.

Wasalaam,
Aisyah. :blackhijab:

daraaldilla

Assalamualaikum.

Sis, i agree, just continue to explain why must we do this why must we leave that. Just be positive and dont give up ya. In my opinion, comparison with other religion is a gd thing too (but this depends). Don't get me wrong, what i mean is this: "Christians pray once a week only but we Muslims pray 5 times a day. This shows how Allah love us and want us to be close to HIM that's why Allah ask us to pray 5 time a day. By performing the solah we are 'communicating' with Allah." Sorry if my opinion is not erm that useful. =)

Actually Sis, ive got a very very close friend too who needs encouragement to perform Solah. Insha Allah ur friend will change to be a better Muslim. Whatever it is, just think positive and be positive yea.

Wasalaam,
Aisyah. :blackhijab:
Thank u sister, i will do my best to convince him about salah and more close to Allah...i'm so sorry for him, actually he is nice person..it just...i'm so pitty to him..

daraaldilla

naaad

mu'minah
السّلام عليكم

if your friend is interested in reading emails, articles then i think u should keep sending him good articles (with an id unknown to him, if possible). many a times what happens is people take their near & dear ones for granted and instead, get affected by what others tell them and then realize that this is what their family/ friends were constantly advicing them. i do this to some members of my family.

when u keep telling them , they might ignore you thinking you always have the same things to say. but seeing some new person sending them emails, they might go through it atleast once and you never know- maybe that one glimpse over the beautiful words of advice might be the start of their guidance, by which ALLAH might give you the fruit of your efforts.

if you want, i'll do it secretly for u . otherwise, u can do it yourself, it's not so difficult afterall.
May ALLAH bless our lives and forgive our sins.....
May ALLAH keep us steadfast on the Right Path of Islam and guide to it all those who are wandering in the darkness of this world......

Muslimah16

ServantOfAllah*
:salam2:
personally, i used to be the EXACT same!! my friends would tell me to pray salaah (daily prayers) and i would but only for a certain amount of time, lets say 2-3 days. Then i'd start to lack again in salaah. In this way i piled p my qaza salaah's and now i have to do a couple of years!! :( (my own fault)
I suggest you should try and talk to him about the punishment that will be given to the people who dont listen to Allah. In this way, he may listen.
Sometimes this does'nt help either. The oppposite person has to have the will to change themselves, or else there is no point of you talking to him, and trying to drillll something in his head.
i hope i have not offended you in any way, if so pls forgive me. :shymuslima1:
Take care

daraaldilla

I wonder if Allah had close his heart? Because i tried it to him by some advice, articles and many others...Still he said that he is a bad person, so he just gave up like that, although i said to him that Allah is forgiveness. He said he beleive that, but he still do it..:astag:

shichemlydia

trial to help....

salam alikoum,
try to tell him that islam require more than beliefs, you have to work and practice the religion as much as you can. tell him that the scholars of islam are divided into two groups concerning someone who does not pray, some of them said he is disobediant and some others said he is a disbeliever, and in either cas this is a really bad title someo,ne can take.....
so someone cannot call himself muslim because his or her parents were born in a muslim country....
omar ibn alkhattab said, if someone has the ability to go to elhajj and he does not do it. so let him die as a jewish or a christian. this is about the hajj which most of the muslims have forgotten about it, how would be the cas when dealing with the backbone of islam.....
try to keep reminding him about the eternal life in the paradise or in the hellfire....
may allah help you and lead him to his way...ameen
wa salam alikoum

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Continue to daawa him sister. Yes, be a good examble and seek Allah's guidance for him. InsyAllah you are doing the right thing and insyAllah he will see the light at the end of the tunnel.