I want to pray ishaa properly but how?

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum,

I need help... I get tired very easily and alhamdulillah fajr is easy for me because even 1 hour of sleep gives me enough energy for anything, but problem is why is ishaa so hard for me? I literally go sooooooooooooooo sleepy and try and try.

I always want to do the whole section of prayer (4,4,2,2,3) but in the end I always do 4,3. Worst thing is I'm half asleep whiles praying and I have the intention to pay attention but this sleep overtakes me heavily!

Helppppppppp please inshaAllah

JazakAllah khairan

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

Sister what is Fard (obligatory) with regards to `Ishaa' and any other prayer are the 5 daily prayers. So, for `Ishaa', only the 4 rak`ahs are obligatory to pray.

However, it is mustahabb (preferred) to pray 2 units of prayer after `ishaa and then follow it by Witr (odd numbers of unit, commonly 3)- and Witr is highly recommended but not Waajib (obligatory).

If you want to pray more after `Ishaa', you can do so by praying it in 2 units (but it is not obligatory). And this will be considered to be from Qiyaamul Layl, although the best time to pray Qiyaamul-Layl is like 2 hours before Fajar.

BaarakAllaahu feek
Wassalaamu `alaykum

alf2

Islam is a way of life
Wow I'm really surprised, Fajr is usually the really hard one :p
It is for me.

Im confused on what help you need, i mean i guess you could make wudu even if you dont need it. Splash some cold water on your face and feet. Thats very awakening :p

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Well I have been told here by learned in my city that it is obligatory to pray two Rakats post-Fard (Ishaa),simultaneously 1/3/5/7... Rakats of Witr are also obligatory.

????????

Regards.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum:

Also can any Br clear whether index finger is to be moved continuously while reciting whole ''Tashahhud'' or it needs to be moved once while reciting ''Ash hadu allaa ilaah ilallaahu" during ''Tashahhud''.

Regards.

mosabaig

Salats

:salam2:

For men praying in the Masajid or in Jamaah with other keep us focus.

Isha and Fajr salats wit Jamaat carries extra reward as if one is praying half night for each salaat.

During the day if we remind others or read saying of Prophet (Peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) with regard to salaat it motivates us even more.

We have to gain knowledge and then practice practice practice, till we die to improve this communication channel with Allah.

Salaat is the coolness of my eyes. Hadith of prophet.

Nafil Salaat should be practiced to get the more devotion and consontration

Thanking Allah for so many bounties and having of Imaan, is done only by humbling our self in Salaat.:salah: :tti_sister:

May Allah make me also steadfast in Salaat and bring the commandment back in the practice of Ummah and make us give invitation to others also, Ameen

:wasalam:

thariq2005

Praise be to Allah!
Assalamu Alaikum:

Well I have been told here by learned in my city that it is obligatory to pray two Rakats post-Fard (Ishaa),simultaneously 1/3/5/7... Rakats of Witr are also obligatory.

????????

Regards.

Wa `alaykum salaam wa rahmatullaah

The opinion of the Jumhoor (majority of the scholars) is that the only obligatory prayers are the 5 daily prayers and nothing else and there are numerous evidences for this like the hadeeth narrated by al-Bukhaari (1891) and Muslim (11) from Talhah ibn ‘Ubayd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) who said: A man came to the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said: “O Messenger of Allaah, what prayers has Allaah enjoined on me?” He said: “The five prayers, unless you do anything voluntarily.” The version narrated by Muslim says: “Five prayers every day and night.” He said: “Do I have to do anything else?’ He said, “No, unless you do it voluntarily.”

But one should try and pray Witr and pray the 12 sunnah, [i.e 2 before fajar, 4 before Dhuhr (prayed as 2 by 2) and 2 after Dhuhr, 2 after Maghrib, 2 after `Ishaa']. A person should try his best to increase in voluntary prayer in the night as this is something that softens one's heart and takes him much closer to Allaah. If only we were to see the great reward that Allaah has prepared for those who offer voluntary prayers, then surely we would pray all day and all night.

Also can any Br clear whether index finger is to be moved continuously while reciting whole ''Tashahhud'' or it needs to be moved once while reciting ''Ash hadu allaa ilaah ilallaahu" during ''Tashahhud''.

With regards to movement of the finger during Tashahhud, then the sunnah is to point it throughout the entire tashahhud *without* moving it, till the Tasleem and the evidence is based on the narration of ‘Abd-Allaah ibn al-Zubayr who said: When the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) sat during the prayer, he would place his left foot between his thigh and calf, and tuck his right foot underneath him, and place his left hand on his left knee, and place his right hand on his right thigh, and point with his finger. [Narrated by Muslim, 579]

The above opinion was held by many of our contemporary scholars like Shaykh Muqbil, Shaykh `Abdullaah al-Fawzaan and others.

The opinion of the Jumhoor (majority of the scholars) is that one should not move his finger, and many scholars regarded this as Makrooh. This was the opinion held by the likes of Imaam al-Nawawi, Ibn Qudaamah and other than them. And as shaykh `Abdullaah al-Fawzaan said that none of the Fiqh books from the salaf had a chapter on moving the finger during Tashahhud.

WAllaahu a`lam
Wassalaamu `alaykum

Lena

:jazaak: brother for the helpful information.

My advice to you sister is to take a two hour nap in the day so you won't be so sleepy at night. Take it or leave it. And, Allah knows best! :hijabi:

:wasalam:

ShahnazZ

Striving2BeAStranger

My advice is to pray Isha as soon as possible. I know it's better to delay praying it but if I want to pray the nawafil as well, I pray it earlier. Otherwise, if I wait too long, I get exhausted and can only pray the fard and even that is done while I'm barely conscious.

So if it's a real issue for you, pray it as soon as it starts and go to bed after.

Aroosak

I agree with previous posts, try praying as soon as Isha starts so you would feel alert and be able to complete the salat as you want. Try doing some dhikr to so you will be in salat mode and be able to focus more on it inshAllah.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum

MashaAllah so many answers, and surprisingly ishaa was so easy yesterday! No idea why but alhamdulillah! JazakAllah khair to you all I'll try and take everything into mind!!

May Allah reward you all heavilyyyyyyy

Hasan al Amriki

Abu Dawood (1416) narrated that ‘Ali (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people of the Qur’aan, pray Witr, for Allaah is One and loves that which is odd-numbered.” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Abi Dawood

Ibn Qudaamah (RA) reported that: Imam Ahmad ibn Hanbal said: "Whoever omits to pray Witr deliberately is a bad man, whose testimony should not be accepted." He wanted to emphasize that it is confirmed because of the ahaadeeth which say that it is enjoined and encouraged. -al-Mughni, 1/827

So sister, my advice would be that you SHOULD pray Witr, even if you do your Witr Salat short (meaning that you take 3 minutes or less to finish it).

[yt]P_RjR8Iyazk[/yt]

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salam alaikum,

I always want to do the whole section of prayer (4,4,2,2,3) but in the end I always do 4,3. Worst thing is I'm half asleep whiles praying and I have the intention to pay attention but this sleep overtakes me heavily!

The Fardh (obligatory) of Isha is 4 rakat prayer. This is mandatory on every muslim to perform these 4 units of prayer.

The Sunnah Muakkadah (Optional prayers) for Isha is 2 rakah after Fardh salah of Isha. These optional prayers are of high virtue according to the following narration :-

Umm Habibah (May Allah be pleased with her) the Mother of the Believers reported: I heard the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) saying, "A house will be built in Jannah for every Muslim who offers twelve Rak`ah of optional Salat other than the obligatory Salat in a day and a night (to seek the Pleasure of Allah).''[Muslim].

The Witr is to be performed as the last prayer of the day. The Prophet Peace be Upon Him used to perform it diligently and commanded us with the same.

Ali (bin Abu Talib) (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: The Witr prayer is not obligatory as the prescribed Salat (prayers), but the Messenger of Allah (PBUH) observed it as his regular practice (Sunnah). He (PBUH) said, "Allah is Witr (single, odd) and loves what is Witr. So perform Witr prayer. O followers of Qur'an, observe Witr (prayer).''[At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud].

There is an explanation of how to pray witr here :- http://islamqa.com/en/ref/46544/

So it seems you are unnecessarily over burdening yourself while you are tired and sleepy with so many extra rakats of prayer. Can you inform us from where do you get 4,4,2,2,3 ?

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

ayesha.ansari

well, that because of you offer your isha prayer very late, or the time when you are going to sleep . would suggest you to offer you isha prayer at very first attempt, the same with me,, but i mostly try to offer my esha pryar when i listen azan, i try to reach mosque, or offer at home if time over.

Salam2You

Lil' Muslimah
Salam alaikum~

I pray my witr, if I'm seriously sleepy I do 4,3 no matter how tired I am.
It's just I can never seem to concentrate like I want to, it feels like I'm praying just because I have to - but I want to feel the sensation of talking to Allah ..