Love Before Marriage

fada_all

When first started falling in LOVE with someone, they forget themselves.

When they are in LOVE, they forget their religion.

Finally when they are married, now they forget LOVE.

salam alikom

sister what are saying you scares me in fact is this true after marriage we will lose love ?????????????

Robab

daughter of Adam
Aslam o alicom.
My dear sister and brother Hard rock tell me during prayer women,feet is open or not.yes during prayer our feet is open.but our clothes is cover our heel(thakhno tak).ok i have already said that this is the book of (ibn-e-rushdhh) about fiqhi problems.ok if u want to study u can check it.it is in arabic language.it is very old book 1400 century.ok i think sister can not understand my thing what i want to say.if she is available with me.so i can easily tell her.it is a major problem is language for ourself and nothing alse.actually these are fiqhi problems which is need of people.be patience.isalam is a vast deen.there are many imaam in deen.and they have different opinion about fiqhi problems.some say only can look face and hands.some say also feet.some even say do not look.actually i have read these problems.so it is our choice to accept the fiqhi problems of one imaam.best of luck.:)
i am writing the name of arabic book in english.
AL BADAYATUL MUJTAHID WANAHAYATUL MUQTASID
CHATTER NO 2

ok
u can also look that the mazhab of imaam malik is that only look face and hand.ok
but imaam abu hanifa said also look feet.
it means both comments of imaams are right.ok
i think through this reference we can correct our conflicts.:)

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
Assalamualaikum.... just out of plain curiosity and pretty far from the topic... why the need for two different schools of thought? isnt the Qu'ran and Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) enough? I don't like this "school of thought" business... very confusing...

IslamIsLight

Islam is my life
Staff member
Assalamualaikum.... just out of plain curiosity and pretty far from the topic... why the need for two different schools of thought? isnt the Qu'ran and Sunnah of the Prophet (pbuh) enough? I don't like this "school of thought" business... very confusing...

salam aleikum
Brother there is no confusion ..All the 4 schools of thought are upon the Quran and Sunnah .All of them are correct ...
All the Imams dedicated their lives on studying Quran and Sunnah ...
It is wrong when you follow one blindly(which happens in many Muslim countries) and reject the other ones ..

wasalam

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
salam alikom

sister what are saying you scares me in fact is this true after marriage we will lose love ?????????????

no need to fear. ppl who dont understand love, break up even without marriage.

marriage is 'yes-its halaal' sign frm Allah to love and be with each other life long.

~Ali_

Fixing da foundation
salam aleikum
Brother there is no confusion ..All the 4 schools of thought are upon the Quran and Sunnah .All of them are correct ...
All the Imams dedicated their lives on studying Quran and Sunnah ...
It is wrong when you follow one blindly(which happens in many Muslim countries) and reject the other ones ..

wasalam

Assalamualaikum
JazakAllah for the clarification :)
So theres four different ways of doing the right thing...
lol.
Walaikumasalam

IHearIslam

make dua 4 ma finals
Salaam

:salam2:

well, I guess I might be the only girl who agrees with brother Shaheerpak and muslims.help:shymuslima1:. I too believ in knowing the person before hand(with mahram)because you will learn alot about eachother and it wont be just *I love you because I have been told you are very nice person* it's more like I love you because I know you now. For me, it's kind of confusing to decide but I think I would choose the middle ground, get to know the person have *innocent love* like someone called it before, get married and build on that love. The two people who are supposed to get married have to feel comfortable with eacother, and they have to have common ground(my own oppinion) and how can they do that if they completely close the door of getting to know eachother?? Allahu Alim, but surely, there should be some kind of communication between the two before marriage.
Tha is just my mere oppinion, and Allah knows best
Allah hafiz now and always:hearts::hearts:

Believer1985

This topic is indeed interesting, as it is highly popular.
From a personal experience, I cannot tell you how much I disagree with the phrase "Marriage first, love later.". You have to love someone to marry them. Look at me. I entered into a marriage because of what the grown ups wanted. I have beeen married 9 months and I don't love my husband at all. So you can imagine, everything that comes with marriage is hard, as is our relationship, because he thinks I love him as much as he loves me. Now I'm stuck, but what can I do?
The least I can do is advise people to not make the mistake I made. The most I can do is STOP arranged marriages from even taking place if the two parties (or if only one party) agrees to such a commitment.

Salam

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
LAck of better description.. WOW! We spend 3 hrs in research daily and we say Imam abu hanifa didnt describe it PROPERLY while he spent his whole life for islam. MashALLAH,.,.

And i never understand if there are 6 ways to a destination, how can u take all of them at once?

I'm sorry..but did you read the sentence with your eyes fully focused on the words?..or did you read it with the intention of *criticism* already *preset* in mind...

I did not say..Abu Hanifah *DID NOT DESCRIBE THINGS RIGHT*..who am I to dare and say such a thing about a scholar of such high status???...AO'OTHO BILLAH!...I was talking about *me*..I did not know how to *identify* the issue of *revealing the foot* in words..so I said "the foot issue" and to NOT SOUND rather idiotic or vague lingually I stated about MY DESCRIPTION AND NAMING..*for lack of a better description*..go back and read again..selective reading is picking up again around here..sheesh!..the fact that you're the ONLY ONE who took the time and quoted that sentence to pass on an INCORRECT statement..should tell you SOMETHING!

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
"I am aware of the "foot issue" (for lack of a better description) in the Hanafi madhhab.."

"I did not know how to *identify* the issue of *revealing the foot* in words"

Have a look at these 2 statements. There is a LOT of difference in them. You need to learn how to write clearly. Read and reread before u post What is ur mind might not be in reader's mind. Many ppl have this problem. They think something else and write something else and they think that they have written it perfectly.

Alkso, Can any one else interpret these for me. AS i am dumb according to sister muslimah, who is always right.

Hah! any one never pointed it might be because it was kinda off topic>?

Jazaka Allah Khair for the ajer you most likely got me to earn due to your hasty accusations :)..Imam Al-Shafi'is wise words always ring in my mind in situations like these..

*Say what you please in insult towards me..for my response to the ignoble is (utter) silence*

Brothers & sisters..I apologize a 1000 apologies if my words provoked any of you..I wanted to clarify my stance and it seems that it's not getting through..I pray none of you feel offended (especially the sister who started the thread)..

..and I'm out! :)

:wasalam:

FreedomFighter

This topic is indeed interesting, as it is highly popular.
From a personal experience, I cannot tell you how much I disagree with the phrase "Marriage first, love later.". You have to love someone to marry them. Look at me. I entered into a marriage because of what the grown ups wanted. I have beeen married 9 months and I don't love my husband at all. So you can imagine, everything that comes with marriage is hard, as is our relationship, because he thinks I love him as much as he loves me. Now I'm stuck, but what can I do?
The least I can do is advise people to not make the mistake I made. The most I can do is STOP arranged marriages from even taking place if the two parties (or if only one party) agrees to such a commitment.

Salam

:salam2:

i hope your doing fine. i dont know what to say. may Allah bless you sister for your patience. take care

palestine

Servant of Allah
Asalamu alaykum wrwb. now everyone is entitled to their opinion so i'm just gonna let mine out. I truly believe that love can exist before marriage. personally i don't think i can marry someone whom i didn't love before our marriage. Now if you mean love as in kissing and dating and holding hands and then going to the bedroom after two weeks...then that's not love. that's lust to me. but i believe that you can love someone as in have feelings for them, care about their safety, and be concerned for them, and love them actually for their personality, character, looks and most of all deen. To be honest...this conversation has come up many times and many people whom i know care about looks just say that they don't to impress others. you can love someone but it should be FIRSTLY FOR THE DEEN, and then afterwards all the stuff you would as an individual want. The whole purpose of marriage is to unite two people are care for each other in every aspect of their life so that they can enjoy each others presence in a halal manner. You should love someone for DEEN, personality, and so on. physical attractions come afterwards. we are humans, we cannot deny that we tend to fall for physical attractions. and there's nothing bad about it if you FIRSTLY choose the person for the deen. deen first, deen first, deen first deen first....all the rest you can look afterwards. Summary: i believe that love exists before marriage cause i don't think that someone can marry their spouse without having loved them first. and not love as in touching and sexuality before marriage. but actual love - that of our prophet s.a.w. that of the sahabas and their wives, that of the muslims before us. I agree with a_Muslimah86 she worded it just the right way.:)
asalamu alaykum wrwb.

zbhotto

Banned
Important

We cannot generalize Fatwas in such ways.

Fatwas also depend on the time and situation you are encountering.

You should ask a scholar in your nearest place regarding to your personal issues or You may ask some very high rank scholars who has full knowledge about the present situation in different parts of the world.

If you donot have parents, brothers, local Imam, etc what would you do.

You have to ask a scholar regarding to your situation.