My dad took Shahada last night! MashaAllah

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Asalaamu'Alykum,

Allahu Akbar!

May Allah (S.W.T) make your fathers path easy and enrich him with knowledge and understanding.

Wasalam

halah

:salam2:
Allahu Akbar:ma: May Allah firm your dad's heart on His straight path and all of us(Ameen)

SabirIslamdost

Alhadullilah

Thanks due to Allah who guided us to th straight path. I am acctually delighted that a nother person embraced Islam. I kindly recommend you to love your dad even more than before. I am sure you have loved him so much as your attemps to get him clost to Islam proves this fact. Take care of him, remembe that very days you newly converted to Islam how much you need pther brother to take care of you, to be with you and to show you their love for you. And, if you buy a nice thing ang gift it to you dad, that means a lot for him, especially somethIng you think he does like it. I pray for Allah to guide us all continuously to the path of Islam. May Allah grant you and you dad a longhealthy and blssed life.

Wssalam
ISLAMDOS,
LIVERPOOL, UK

abdellah007

masha allah

salam sister

masha allah, allah akbar .. may allah strenght his iman as well as urs and ours insha allah ameen

salam

dna1987

Muslim Guy
MashAllah, that is great news!! InshAllah, you will have a strong Muslim support network right at home now. Who better to support you in your own reversion than your dad. Salam alaikum.

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
Dear brothers and sisters, Assalamu alaikoum,

I just thought that I would let you all know that my dad took Shahada last night, and he is completely oblivious to how happy he has made me, and InshaAllah he pleased Allah as well :) I have been a revert for about 10 months now, and through our discussions my dad has seen what sense Islam makes. So, when i made him sit down last night and watch a lecture by Sheik Khalid Yasin (very very good lecturer), at the end when some ladies were making Shahada, i explained what they were about to do. He started saying it along with them, and I was surprised... I let him go on without saying any thing, and then the Sheik did the translation... I turned to my dad, and asked him if he knew he just said shahada, and he replies, what is Shahada? i told him, its when a person says and believes in their heard there is only one diety worthy of worship, and that is Allah, and Muhammed is his final messenger. And because you just said that and knows what it means, and you believe it means that you are now a muslim. He replied with, "well, that is what i believe so I must be muslim" I was so happy mashaAllah i messaged my friends and they messaged other friends, and everyone knew on msn! almost the whole australia knew within about 5 minutes. Well, please watch lectures by Sheik Khalid Yasin everyone, in particular "the purpose of life: part 2" is so good, and show it to all your non-muslim friends, its truely great. And please make Dua for my father to make his love of Islam and his desire to learn increase. InshaAllah. And please can you give me advice that I can tell him. What simple things I can give him to read to increase his understanding and love?
Thankyou and again, Assalamu Alaikoum,
Melissa

Assalamo Alaikum..

Mashallah sister..may allah (swt) grant him even more guidance..strengthen his faith and practice..and reward you and him with paradise inshallah..

what a beautiful gift you have presented to your father..may allah (swt) reward you for your concern and patience in educating your father and exposing him to the beauty of Islam..

and sister...shaikh khalid yasin..is truly an impressive lecturer..his lectures move me deeply..and he always has converts declaring islam after the lectures he takes part in...

mashallah...this man is blessed with a gift from allah (swt)..

finally..on my behalf sister..welcome your father to the family of 1.5 billion men..women..and children from all around the globe

:wasalam:

shous

As-salaam Aluakum

Congratulations!

I would suggest that you set your father up with a man his age at the local mosque.
Give him your on line links and if you goggle free quran or search those words on this site you can get him some free info!

:tti_sister:

IbnAlAawam

...And please can you give me advice that I can tell him. What simple things I can give him to read to increase his understanding and love?

Salam alaykoum wr wb,

Subhannallah, Alhamdulillah, I am so pleased for both of you.

My advice is for your father to learn about "Tawheed" (belief in one God and its implications), the 5 pillars of faith. To learn about the life of Muhammad (sas), there are some good books. I believe it is as important as reading Quran especially in this day and age where calomnies are cheap.
I recommand the following book too, it is a good introcutionary book about Islam:

The Complete Idiot's Guide to Understanding Islam
by Yahiya John Emerick
408 pages, ISBN: 0028642333, available from bookshops priced US$18.95 and from Amazon.com (US$13.26).

And last advice, he should proceed by stages, taking baby steps each time.

Imagine, you'll fast together this year! Alhamdulillah.
May Allah guide our parents, ameen.

Salam alaykoum,

Mohsin

abdu'Allah
Assalamu-alaikum

Conratulations dear sister. I was reading your earlier posts and I read in there that in the begining you were worried about how your family will react to your becoming a muslim and look, Allah has rewarded your patience and firmness with another blessing, Allahu-Akbar !

Keep asking Allah to keep us all on the right path and make dua by name for your dear ones and show them by the way of your actions that Islam is peace and tranquility and insha-Allah they will see it too like your dad.

Remember us all in your duas and you too are in our duas (prayers)
Ma'assalamu-alaikum

daud

goodly tree
it was indeed a very emotional stroy. i am gald that the muslim population is increasing rapidly. TTI isnt this the best news so far?

melissa123

Not Junior Anymore!!
Thanks everyone,

I think my dad said it well when I think I got too excited, he told me to not give him too information at once, to not overload him.. I think this is good advice :) coz i remember when i first was interested, it took me a long time to come to even what I am today in my own faith.. And i hardly know anything. So InshaAllah i will let him think about things for a while and leave it to Allah to guide his heart. I will help him too of course, with simple videos and books too. When he wants to know more i am sure he will ask me inshaAllah, like i asked my friends, in particular Muyassar :) thanks sis!

LIFE4ALLAH

may Allah bless you and your father.inshaAllah he will be strong Muslim like you soon.

I agree you must teach and guide him step by step and that is best approach.

say my salam and kind regards to him(if u can)..:salah:

muyassar

Assalamu alaikum melissa, Yahshi Kiz:)
Subhana allah. may allah bless ya and ur dad.
when i saw ur msg i was almost tearing man. u were making du'a for u dad to understand the truth. see, how Allah (S.W.T) loves ya! Allahu Akbar.
hox, aman bolong janim:)
wassalamu alaikum

abu turaab

Assalam-o-alaikum!Congratulations alot!!..surely one of the happiest moments for you!!..your father has reverted to the ultimate truth...ALLAHAMDULILLAH!!!...as for as simple things...let him memorize short surah's like the four "QULZ" in the last section(30) of holy Quran & others...and of course AYATUL-QURSE and consolidate the faith by praying five times and learning the quran even one verse every day!!...may ALLAH'S blessing on him...