Question about EID

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome....

I hope everyone is good and the fasting is going well. Its almost over now and really I have to say I will miss it. I had a huge sacrifice this Ramadan. Because of wearing hijab I was fired from my best job. Of course thats not the reason they used because it would be against the law to fire me for practicing my religion. Instead they used the reason that I was on the internet but I know that isnt the truth because everyone who works there is on the internet so why was I the only one who got fired?????

Anyway I have stopped wearing hijab now. I have been so depressed and sad about all of this but I am sure Allah has a reason for making this happen to me. Sorry to ramble on and on about my problems but I wanted to let you know why I havent been around the past few weeks.

My question about EID is Im confused if we are supposed to fast that day or not???? I cant seem to find anywhere online to tell me this information so I thought my dear brothers and sisters here on TTI would know. I remember last year I went to the masjid during EID and the people were breaking their fast but now I read that EID lasts 3 days which I didnt know either.

According to the prayer schedule that I got on Islamicfinder.org it stopped showing the fasting on Saturday 9/19. EID is supposed to be Sunday 9/20 but I dont have a fasting time schedule for that day. Please answer if you know.

wasalam

slaveofAllah88

Slave of Allah (swt)
aslam o aliakum sis

im so sorry to hear u stopped wearing hijab, Inshallah May Allah (swt) make it easy for u

sis u dont fast on EID :) u eat as much as u want ;)

misbah ul haya

asalam u alaikum,
i feel very sorry that you have left wearing hijab.......may Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala make it easy for you.Ameen
though brother shaheerpak has already answered you but i want to clarify you one thing that eid does not last for three days.......Allah has granted us only one but our rest loving goverments have added 2 days making 3 official holidays for eid.we can enjoy all three days as we free....i mean no work no studiz at all :)

ansari

STRANGER...
:salam2: sister..i dont want to hurt u ..but HIJAB IS FARD

brothers n sisters, correct me if im wrong...

ALLAH KNOWS BEST

jazakallah khair

kiki18

as salam aleykum sister
Sad to hear you are not in the hijabi club anymore :(
i think you should have kept it no matter what, but i understand it is hard.
About Eid, you are not allowed to fast on these days (Eid al fitr and Eid al adha). Also, it is forbiden to fast on the days of tashreeq which are the 3 days following eid al adha.

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
wa alaikom assalam
I'm sorry to hear that :( you have to be patience and brave
May Allah reward u a better job
dont worry honey Allah is with u

about Eid , we dont fast the first day .

and happy Eid to u :)

As salamo alaikome....

I hope everyone is good and the fasting is going well. Its almost over now and really I have to say I will miss it. I had a huge sacrifice this Ramadan. Because of wearing hijab I was fired from my best job. Of course thats not the reason they used because it would be against the law to fire me for practicing my religion. Instead they used the reason that I was on the internet but I know that isnt the truth because everyone who works there is on the internet so why was I the only one who got fired?????

Anyway I have stopped wearing hijab now. I have been so depressed and sad about all of this but I am sure Allah has a reason for making this happen to me. Sorry to ramble on and on about my problems but I wanted to let you know why I havent been around the past few weeks.

My question about EID is Im confused if we are supposed to fast that day or not???? I cant seem to find anywhere online to tell me this information so I thought my dear brothers and sisters here on TTI would know. I remember last year I went to the masjid during EID and the people were breaking their fast but now I read that EID lasts 3 days which I didnt know either.

According to the prayer schedule that I got on Islamicfinder.org it stopped showing the fasting on Saturday 9/19. EID is supposed to be Sunday 9/20 but I dont have a fasting time schedule for that day. Please answer if you know.

wasalam

:salam2:

This Eid celebration is the day when we end our month long fast. That is why it is referred to Eid Al-fitr. Eat as you wish and you don't need to fast; infact, it is not permissible to fast on this day. Here in the midwest USA we are observing Eid on Sunday, September 20, 2009. My five local mosques are having Eid prayers.

as for the Job, may Allah give you much greater and better in place of it.

Eid Mubarak ( means have a God blessed Eid celebration)
http://www.cair.com/Home.aspx

:wasalam:

revert2007

Love Fishing
As salamo alaikome....

wasalam

well sister am really soory to hear this but as a revert sister i gotta say this to u.even if u stop wearing hijab,ur not gonna get back the job.Allah has a better plan for u insyaAllah.once u have decided to wear hijab,let be till ur last breath.veil is something very important for every muslim woman and veil is equal to ur dignity.don't ever let go ur hijab no matter what happen.this dunay is not forever and the suffering in dunay is only for a short time.i myself had many obstacles in wearing hijab and my mom keep on ordering me not to wear it.but i was very determined to wear it coz she is not the one gonna carry my sin.

plz make dua to Allah to open ur heart again for hijab.hijab is not just a piece of cloth which covers ur hair.it is more than that.

reconsider to wear ur hijab again and do not let go ur hijab no matter what happen.syatan will brainwash u little by little if u let go ur hijab now.as how ur holding to ur iman insayAllah,hold to ur hijab as well.
hijab is the shield to protect u from other sins.

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh dear sister

I am sorry to hear that you are fired from the job. InshaAllah you will be able to get a job much better than that.

My sister! I might not be the best person to give you advice. But truly I cannot stay back here while my brothers and/or sisters suffer. From some posts I read earlier, your two jobs are very important for you, and it is the source for you to live an ecomically happy life.

Always remember the capability of you. I know you can. You are a brave Muslimah to whom the Muslim Ummah is proud of. When Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) tests us, it may come in all the ways. Mostly it will be with those things which we love most. To see whether we thank for His decree or whether we turn our head to other side.

Remember the sufferings faced by the prophets, Sahabas and Salaf us-Saaliheen. They were so strongly tested. Allah tests everyone according to the strength of their eeman. You test will not be like the one who does not pray, nor fast.

Look at the example of a student my sister. When she is in lower grades, they are tested with easy tests and when they keep on passing and move to higher grades, the test will be difficult. However, that is the only way to get good certificates. The tests done by a Masters Holder will be much difficult than that of a Degree Holder. This is the truth in all the cases.

Allah (subuhaanahu wata'aala) has promised that He will grant us what we desire, if we are patient. He says in Verse 155 of Surah al-Baqarah, "And We will most certainly try you with somewhat of fear and hunger and loss of property and lives and fruits; and give good news to the patient".

Sister think about the Muhajirs of Mecca. They did Hijrah leaving everything, only for the sake of Allah. Those rich people. They left their wealth, houses, family and everything. But see the result. They are the people who will be in the highest ranks of Paradise. MashaAllah!

If we have utmost trust in Allah, then for sure Allah will show a way to get rid of our problems. Personally, I have many such experiences. Alhamdhulillah!

It is the only way for us to get Paradise. Allah says in Surah al-Maidah, Verse 119, "Allah will say: This is the day when their truth shall benefit the truthful ones; they shall have gardens beneath which rivers flow to abide in them for ever: Allah is well pleased with them and they are well pleased with Allah; this is the mighty achievement."

Never let Shatan have space in your mind my dear sister. He will try in all the ways.

As per Hijab, I know you did not took it off because you do not like it, nor to disobey Allah. But it is surely because of the sadness you have received because of what happened. Allah says, "Those who believe and whose hearts are set at rest by the remembrance of Allah; now surely by Allah's remembrance are the hearts set at rest." [13.28] So sister, remember Allah. It will get easy to your heart.

In order to truly show you how evil those women who expose themselves are, let us ponder over the following statement of Allah's Messenger (sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam): "Of the people of Hell there are two whom I have never seen, the one possessing whips like the tail of an ox and they flog people with them. The second one, women who would be naked in spite of their being dressed, who are seduced (to wrong paths) and seduce others. Their hair is high like the humps of the camel. These women would not enter Paradise, nor will they smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be sensed from such and such a distance." [Muslim]

Allah's Messenger (sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam) also said: "Allah is modest and covering. He loves modesty and privacy." [Abu Daawood, An-Nasaa'i Al-Bayhaqi, Ahmad].

Also, Allah's Messenger (sallallahu`alayhi wa sallam) said: "The best of your women is the affectionate, the fertile, the comforting, the agreeable -- if they fear Allah. The most evil of your women are those who expose and display themselves, and those who strut (to show off) and they are the hypocrites. Those who enter al-Jannah (the Paradise) are like the red beaked crow." [Al-Bayhaqi]. The simile of the red-beaked crow is to show that those who enter Paradise will be as rare as this kind crow is rare.

So my sister! Get up and wipe out tears. Make Wudu and Pray two Rak'ahs. Then ask Allah about your situation and to provide peace and serinity to your heart. InshaAllah it will help a lot.

Cheer-up ukhti. :) InshaAllah my Du'as will be with you.

Last but not least, please forgive me for the long message.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
wearing hijab!

assalamo alaikum!
sister, it is very shocking that you stopped wearing hijab. may Allah (s.w.t) give us faith enough so that we obey all the orders of our Lord. yes, it is compulsory for all the muslims NOT to fast on eid day. as satan observe fasting on eid days(3 days of eid). so we should obey the teachings of Islam with zeal and zest.

um_mustafa

sister in Islam
Assalamualikum Sister,
this life is a big test for us and maybe Alah ta;laa will give you something better in return for lossing your job, we pass or fail the test we are given depending on how we handle the situation. why did you take your hijab off after you lost your job??sister please be strong put your faith fully in Allah and He inshallah will find some thing better for you and reward you in the process, so come on dear sister pick yourself up again put on your hijab and be proud to be part of tis Ummah,
take care
Ameenah

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome.

Jazakallah khairan to everyone who gave me words of encouragement and comfort. I know this is a test from Allah but I also know it happened because of something that I did. I feel that I gave that company the opportunity to fire me because I was using the internet at my job and I knew I wasnt supposed to be on it. Even though EVERYONE else was on it too didnt make it ok for me to do it. I am a Muslimah and I shouldnt have done it just for the simple fact that it was wrong.....it didnt matter that everyone else was. I know now that I was sooooooo wrong and I feel this is why Allah punished me by making me lose that job.

I will never turn away from Islam no matter what problems are in front of me. In fact the troubles I am going through are actually making my Islam stronger because I turn to Allah for refuge.

Those of you who know me probably understand my situation better than the ones who dont. I dont take the judgemental words personally but as a reminder to some and myself included we should never judge someone's situation unless we have lived it ourselves. That being said I would like to say the reason I stopped wearing hijab is not entirely because I was fired from that job. That is a big part of it but really I am not able to wear it in my other job anyway because of the dress code. It always made me feel a bit silly to leave the house in the morning not wearing it then come home at night with it on. Even my neighbor was confused and she is not Muslim!!! She wondered why I left the house wearing one outfit (my work uniform for my day job) then came home at night wearing something completely different (hijab) so finally she asked me.

Im not saying what I am doing is the right thing to do and to be honest knowing the truth myself about why I got fired (which was not entirely about hijab) and my fault in it I feel Allah is showing me my sins and trying to guide me away from it.

I will wear hijab again because nothing will ever come between me and my Islam but really for now I am doing the best that I am able. And the struggle continues.............

wasalam Isra*

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh my respected sister Isra

MashaAllah! I am happy now because you understood the whole thing as I pray. :)

Show the whole world that you are a Muslimah and never step back for meterial loss or gains. InshaAllah then, everything will go accordingly.

Also I am very sorry if I said anything offensive on my other post. :(

Isra

aka Tree2008
assalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh my respected sister Isra

MashaAllah! I am happy now because you understood the whole thing as I pray. :)

Show the whole world that you are a Muslimah and never step back for meterial loss or gains. InshaAllah then, everything will go accordingly.

Also I am very sorry if I said anything offensive on my other post. :(

Wa alaikome salam brother......

No really you have no reason to apologise to me. Your post made tears come to my eyes. Jazakallah khairan as it was a source of comfort. I am sure everything will work out. I have alot of faith in Allah and I feel he is trying to show me why I was wrong with what I did. Maybe I was a bit too arrogant in having both jobs and not thankful enough. Once he feels I learned this lesson I feel he will help me inshallah.

salam alaykum

that was really saddening that u lost ur job...but dont loose HOPE ....when a person falls down he gets up , he might fall down again but then he gets up again only to bcome stronger than b4 and to face harder challenges in life :SMILY346::SMILY346: .....this mite b off topic but i will recommend u to do something which is hard i understand but not impossible....yes im talking bout hijrah to a muslim country.....it mite b a bit difficult to do hijrah but once in a muslim country life does tend to b easier as a muslim...........

this story is really an eye opener for me and id recommend it to u sis

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61087

stay strong :SMILY346::SMILY346::SMILY346:

Isra

aka Tree2008
salam alaykum

that was really saddening that u lost ur job...but dont loose HOPE ....when a person falls down he gets up , he might fall down again but then he gets up again only to bcome stronger than b4 and to face harder challenges in life :SMILY346::SMILY346: .....this mite b off topic but i will recommend u to do something which is hard i understand but not impossible....yes im talking bout hijrah to a muslim country.....it mite b a bit difficult to do hijrah but once in a muslim country life does tend to b easier as a muslim...........

this story is really an eye opener for me and id recommend it to u sis

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=61087

stay strong :SMILY346::SMILY346::SMILY346:

Wa alaikome salam......

Yes I would LOVE to move to a Muslim country and I am positive that life would be easier for me there.............at least as far as wearing hijab is concerned. However.........now as you can see I have ONE job and it is a part time job which doesnt pay anything and the hours are very little. SOOOOOOO in order for me to move to a Muslim country I feel I would have to marry someone who already LIVES in a Muslim country then move with him. This is not so simple too. I would need to learn the language or else be completely dependant on my husband for everything. But the most important thing would be trying to find someone who is willing to marry me and take me away from this terrible place. :lol: So you can see this suggestion is not too easy and pretty much impossible for me at this time.

May Allah make things easier on all of us Ameen. :tti_sister:

blabla99

:salam2:

You cannot get fired from a job in the United States for wearing a hijab. Its unlawful for any business to do so.

If you believe that it was due to wearing the hijab, then you can hire a lawyer and sue the company. Recently, a Muslim girl sued Abercrombie & Fitch for not hiring her because she was a hijabi. And she is winning the case.

G'luck!

Muslimah-S

Seek The Almighty
:salam2: sister,
Ina lilahi wa ina ilahir rajeoon.
May Allah reward you better than what you lost, ameen.

Reading these verses at times like this really help, subhanAllah.

Say: "Verily, my Lord hath guided me to a way that is straight,- a religion of right,- the path (trod) by Abraham the true in Faith, and he (certainly) joined not gods with Allah."

Say: "Truly, my prayer and my service of sacrifice, my life and my death, are (all) for Allah, the Cherisher of the Worlds:

No partner hath He: this am I commanded, and I am the first of those who bow to His will.

Say: "Shall I seek for (my) Cherisher other than Allah, when He is the Cherisher of all things (that exist)? Every soul draws the meed of its acts on none but itself: no bearer of burdens can bear of burdens can bear the burden of another. Your goal in the end is towards Allah. He will tell you the truth of the things wherein ye disputed."

It is He Who hath made you (His) agents, inheritors of the earth: He hath raised you in ranks, some above others: that He may try you in the gifts He hath given you: for thy Lord is quick in punishment: yet He is indeed Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful.

(Quran 6:161-65)
:wasalam: