ramadan...!

sister myriam

islam is my way
:salam2:brothers and sisters i want to know your plans in ramadan...!what are the things that you will stop...!how would you pass your ramadan days...!:wasalam:

sister myriam

islam is my way
assalamu alaikom

for me i want to stop talking...!because it is a waste of time in ramadan...i want to close tv and internet also...and i want to close the door of my room and stay alone...with that way i would be more consontrating in prayer and every thing i do...i want to close my eyse my tears and my mouth from every thing haram also ...it is like i3tikef but at home...we should stopp every forbiden thing we do and live exactly like Allah wants for 30days...for me i concider my self in a military where ther is no way to make mistakes...what about u...!

Fatima S.Ar

Happiness = Islam
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته
Nice post my dear , but I think ur programme is hard :)
you have to give time for worshipping Allah and reading Qur'an , also time for your family , your self needs ..
Our religion is easy and the muslim is a social person .

about me , usually on vacation I wake up at 1 pm , so that from 1 pm I'll start reading Qur'an , I'll try to finish one part in sha'a Allah ...
and then I'll help my mom in kitchen , if I have time I'll stay and say Athkar ..

After breakfast , I used to stay with my family and drink tea .
then Esha prayer and Taraweeh prayer , sometimes I pray at Masjid but I'd rather praying at my room ..
I pray Esha and arroung 6 rak'ah of taraweeh , as much as I can
after it the time is for me , usually I spend it on Internet ..

when it's 1 AM .. I'll start to pray for arround an hour or more , and then free time for me , after that Sahour .. Fajr prayer and sleep :)

I hope u liked my programme ^_^

Isra

aka Tree2008
As salamo alaikome.....

Its my first Ramadan so I have no idea what Im supposed to do. Just fast is all I know. I think I am supposed to eat before Fajr or right after Fajr then no food or drink until the sun sets which would be for me after Maghrib or just before Maghrib. Other than that I have no idea what Im doing.

Peace2u

Turn To Islam
Salam Sister Tree2008,

May Allah make this coming Ramadan full of blessings for you.

Inshallah you will learn more on what to do as time passes by.

Your brother in Islam.

Peace2u

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
As salamo alaikome.....

Its my first Ramadan so I have no idea what Im supposed to do. Just fast is all I know. I think I am supposed to eat before Fajr or right after Fajr then no food or drink until the sun sets which would be for me after Maghrib or just before Maghrib. Other than that I have no idea what Im doing.

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58703

Read through this thread ukhti..inshallah it will help you..and if you have *any* further questions..my PM box is clicks away..I'd be very happy to help you! :)

:wasalam:

a_muslimah86

Hubbi Li Rabbi
Staff member
As salamo alaikome....

Jazakallah khairan sister. I dont understand these words....... suhoor & iftaar & Taraaweeh. Also is eating the dates obligatory??? I dont really care for the taste.

wa iyaki dear sister!..

Sohoor is the meal you eat before the athan for fajr..you eat it as a breakfast of sorts so you'd have something in your stomach while you fast all day

Iftaar is the meal in which you break your fast and begin to eat and drink as you normally would..and you do this when you hear the athan for maghrib (for the record..you may eat and drink as you please from the time of iftaar up until the time for sohoor is over at fajr)

Taraweeh is a Sunnah prayer performed after the salat of Isha'a..it is of 11 ruka'as (units) or more..each madh'hab gives a number and they're either close to this number or higher so it depends really..and it's up to you how many you want to do..if you do more than 11 though it is considered *best* for you worship wise..and in case you're wondering how you can pray 11 ruka'as (or more) all at once..I'll just note that you pray the units two by two..meaning..you pray two ruka'as..give your salams..then do two more and give your salams..and so on and so forth until you're done with the number of ruka'as you wished to perform that night (I should note once more that if you are to perform this prayer at your local masjid..then the number of the ruka'as you do is that the imam performs for the congergation..if you are performing it at home however..you may pick the number which suits your ability)

As for the dates..it is not a must to eat dates..people eat dates per the recommendation made by Rasulullah (saaws) and knowing that he does not speak without divine inspiration they feel a desire to fulfill this recommendation :)..so long you eat something that will fill you up and keep you from getting thirsty during the day as much as possible inshallah you will be fine :)

Inshallah the information helped you ukhti..if you have any other questions at all..please don't hesitate to ask!

May Allah make this Ramadhan your ticket of admittance in jannah..Ameen!

ozmiester786

:salam2:

I have an amazing pdf document that a brother sent me earlier today regarding the benefits and true meaning of Ramadhan of which i would like to share with all of you. I haven't received a message from one of the mods yet but if anyone is able to tell me how to post up attachments that'll be quite handy. Jezakmullah jannah.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Jazzak Allah kahir dear sister for sharing your beautiful thread with us,adn for leting us express our feelings for Raamadhan Mashallah.

In my home is always specail atmosphere during Raamadhan Alhamdulillah,like in the homes of all Muslims around the world.We are starting prepration for Raaamadahn a loot days before,and like always preprations are sweet.
During my plan for Raamaadthan I am getting up early on sehur,helping to my mum to make meals,dishes,fruits and cakes. After we eat our meal we are having prayer,and I am staying litlle beet longer waching islamic programs for Raamadhan. During day I am trying to make as much as good deeds,reciting Quran, helping my mum in cooking for ifthar,and smilieing all the time becasue Raamadthan is always making me so happy.:):) We are also cooking for our neighbours and sharing them food, After Ifthar we are going on Tarawih prayer,and waiting the next day for fast.

May Allah make this Raamadtah happy and blessed for all Muslims.:SMILY252::SMILY252::SMILY252:Ameen.:tti_sister:

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

I have an amazing pdf document that a brother sent me earlier today regarding the benefits and true meaning of Ramadhan of which i would like to share with all of you. I haven't received a message from one of the mods yet but if anyone is able to tell me how to post up attachments that'll be quite handy. Jezakmullah jannah.

Wa allaicum saalam

Dear sister/brother you can easily attach any file or photo that you wish.You only need to choose option post reply,and down the page you will see option "Post attachment".When you open it,you will see option "Browse from your computer" and that is it.

I hope Inshallah I could help you some how:tti_sister:

IbnAdam77

Travelling towards my grave.
In my home is always specail atmosphere during Raamadhan Alhamdulillah,like in the homes of all Muslims around the world.

wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

You would have never said that if you know the reality with many homes like mine.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
wa'alaikumussalam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

You would have never said that if you know the reality with many homes like mine.

wassalam 'alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Wa allaicum saalam wa raahmatullah wa baarakatuhu

Why dear brother??? Wallahi I have only said that I think that Raamadthan atmosphere is almost in all Muslim homes.

May Allah bless all our homes with peace and happiness of Raamadthan,and your home too dear brother.Ameen.:tti_sister:

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong

ibnadam77 said:

Why dear brother??? Wallahi I have only said that I think that Raamadthan atmosphere is almost in all Muslim homes.

May Allah bless all our homes with peace and happiness of Raamadthan,and your home too dear brother.Ameen.:tti_sister:

i think brother Ibnadam is talking about many muslim families who sleep thru the day, have iftaar and then parties (men mix with women, music, backbiting), watching TV, useless shopping, etc.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
i think brother Ibnadam is talking about many muslim families who sleep thru the day, have iftaar and then parties (men mix with women, music, backbiting), watching TV, useless shopping, etc.

Jazzak Allah khiar brother for your clarification,and may Allah reword you.

Yes,it is very sad to hear how some Muslims are wasting blessing of Raamadthan,when we all should spend than month in worshiping Allah Almighty more than in other months and get neer more to Allah Inshallah in excepting His pleaseure,reword and forgivness.Ameen.

May Allah bless you