UnIslamic walimah

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
I attebded a walimah yesterday, astafirullah....these what I observed:

1) me and my family was greeted and "welcome" with bollywood song...very unfortunate.
2) At one look, hardly to differentiate who is bride and who are guests for the walimah...all women look the same with their extravaganza dressing. Even the bride's should not be in such a costume that striking every man's eyes.
3) I was wondering whether we ended up in non-Muslim wedding party considering the whole environment in that hall.
4) Needless to say, the wastage...food, extravaganza decoration and musics....
5) It was zuhr time but I feel everyone ignored it...not sure how many of them did pray on time.
6) Overall, the atmosphere in the hall (with music, costumes etc) was like bollywood film shooting is going on..

I was disgusted and left the hall quickly after food.

How to help this ppl? I only made du'a during zuhr prayer for Allah to guide them.

LaLa09

♥Amor vincit omnia♥
unfourtnelty thats the way they are these days. Weddings are extravagant and lovely like fairy-tales because all the girls want to be princesses on their wedding day. I'm amused at how much money goes into it, and every year they get more expensive, even the "little" ones are costly. One thing i've noticed the bride and groom will work so hard to save up money for the wedding instead of furnishing their house or even thinking about rent that they have to rely on family until they can support themselves, and the shocking thing is is that the parents acutally go along with this! To me, at the end of the day its not how big the wedding is that matters, its that your married to the person you wanted.

Hard Rock Moslem

I'm your brother
Thanks for your comments sister LaLa09.

Do you think the money better use to send the couple for honey moon or perhaps umrah? Umrah may not be good idea for newly weds, I'm not sure.

ovomer

salam from pakistan!
yes, now we all are in need of TABLEEGH. we should give dawa to our muslim brothers and sisters at all the times and at all the occasions. by doing this we will believe that Allah swt will create a society of pure muslims having true love for last prophet.

BrotherKhalid

I've always believed the simplie ceremonies are the best, since what you should be looking forward to is the marriage itself, and not the Nikah/Walimah. They are also the most inexpensive. :)

Wa salam.

nyerekareem

abdur-rahman
every society is pretty much affected by the hollywood/bollywood/nollywood ( nigeria ) image of marriage and weddings.

ahmed_indian

to Allah we belong
its sad :( but true.

there is culture-pressure to do all this. it is thought that if it'll be simple, the status will go down.

once we come back in remembering Allah and Hereafter....following Islam will become easy.

may Allah help us all. Ameen

blue streak

:salam2:
Yes unfortunately thats how many people from the Pakistan/India area celebrate their weddings. I suggest for those people who still are going to get married to follow the sunnah to the letter and reject all of these false practices. When following the Sunnah these occasions (nikkah/walimah) can be used to teach and encourage people. It can also show people that the common way of following the practices of the kuffar in weddings is not the only way and we have a superior way of doing weddings.