What would make a very good Islamic research topic?

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us
:salam2:

I hope all of you are in your best state of Imaan and health, insha Allaah.

I have undertaken a course, which requires me to do a research of minimum 3000 words. I was thinking that I want to do it related to Islam, so that this effort of mine does not go to waste. I want this research to be helpful to everyone, insha Allaah.

I need some suggestions on the research topic.

Conditions are:

1) Not the controversial sides of any matter or anything controversial at all.

2) Topic has to be specific not general.

3) Topic must be something that can be used to persuade the readers into convincing my claim.

4) Claim has to be based on a general topic that is widely accepted.

Barak Allaahu Feekum.

sachin4islam

Assalamu Alaikum: Br.

I would suggest you to catch the topic " Purpose of life in Islamic perspective".

You are at a better position to judge specificity of this topic and its relevance.

May Allah bless your pious intentions.

Regards.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I would suggest you write a paper on the emphasis in Islam on seeking knowledge. How Islam demands that mankind use the facilities Allah has given us. We are commanded to use our rational senses. This is not controversial and there is a lot of information out there. Islamic philosophy, fiqh, sharia are non controversial. If someone suggests Sharia is controversial you explain to them it is not. Lots of information of this, too.

You want to keep the topic concrete. By that I mean something easy to relate to. A topic where there is information and little opinion.

InshaAllah, you will do just fine.

SonOfAdam

Staff member
"Was Muhammad PBUH really a Prophet of Allah."

You would prove this by all the proofs in Quran and Hadith that show this knowledge only being able to come from a higher power.

Example, all the descriptions of oceans, land, space, ebroyonic development, etc. being correct in the Quran.

All the prophesies of RasulAllah SAW that came true today.

Asja

Pearl of Islaam
Assalamu allaicum wa raahmatullah wa barakatuhu

Inshallah you can take this subject for your work dear brother: Islam: The Solution to the Problems of our Times.

May Allah guide you brother toward the best subject which will be usefull for both Muslims and non Muslims who yet do not know about Islam.

:wasalam:

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Asalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh.

I suggest something to do with "Akhlaaq". How Islam lies emphasis on it and you can shed some light on the Prophet's:saw: Akhlaq.

I see we lack good manners, forgiving and forgetting and being tolerant, truthful and loving. This is what proved to be strength of Islaamic dawah and Islamic society right from the advent of Islaam. I believe this is what we are lacking in greatly.

aboo_jadd

On the Prophet (saw) and how majority of the practicing Muslims try to implement their lives based on his teachings, appearance and actions. He is the most influential figure in history. You wont find many follows of the Christian faith following Prophet Isa (as) for example, many of them don't even have beards. You could talk about his political stance and how his followers were able to give growth to Islam after his death. He was the best of leaders.

It would be an excellent topic and you will have loads to write about.

Perhaps you can have a topic asking: "Was Prophet Muhammad really the most influential being to ever lay foot..." and bring up Hart's opinion on the Prophet. And go in depth from there.

Barak Allahu feek. :salam2:

MohammedMaksudul

May Allah Forgive us

Alhamduli-Allaah, My topic has been finalized:

Contrary to popular beliefs Islam liberates women than subjugating

Please I will be needing all of your help, because it will be a tough one and I am expecting a bombardment of questions on the presentation day.

Please make dua for me.

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!

Please I will be needing all of your help, because it will be a tough one and I am expecting a bombardment of questions on the presentation day.

Please make dua for me.
Wasalamoalaikom wa rahmatullahi wa barakaatuh

Good one. read this

alf2

Islam is a way of life

Please make dua for me.

This sounds like an excellent topic indeed!
Is your class secular?

ditta

Alhamdu'Lillaah
Staff member
Wa-alaykum-us-Salaam wa'Rahmatullaah,

Insha'Allaah maybe the book attached below titled 'Usool al-Hadeeth' by Bilal Phillips could help. Specifically after reading your question title I thought of the section heading 'Women Scholars of Hadeeth'. For the start of this section navigate to pg. 149 of the PDF.

I was thinking of whether to post this because I wasn't sure whether it could help. Even now I'm unsure but I thought you can decide if you think the information is useful. It seems to be rather a brief summary.

The only advice I would offer regarding the question of your topic is make sure you address each part of the question (I hope you don't consider this patronising because I'm sure as a student you will be aware of this):

- consider what are the popular beliefs that Islam subjugates/reduces the freedom of women.

- examine how Islam actually liberates women better than those other beliefs. (i.e., the counter arguments).

- try to address/answer (i.e., what does Islam say) the arguments that are offered by those who say Islam holds women back.

- be critical. Try to show the fallacies in liberation that is offered in other beliefs but you will need to show if any discrepancy/failure of some Muslim countries in securing certain rights for women that Islam has offered them. Why is this? Tradition, culture or whatever reason. Likewise, show the rights/liberation women have in Islam and to what degree this is practised in Muslim countries. Also the focus doesn't necessarily have to be on Muslim women (I assumed this but maybe you thought this already) rather look at the rights of non-Muslim women that Islam offers them. You will need to mention the liberation that other ideologies have offered women but compare the advancement of how Islam liberated the early Muslim women compared to what has now been recently achieved.

Obviously I am thinking how I might approach this question, whether I'm right or wrong, I thought I would offer some ideas. Forgive me if I have completely missed the point. As your aware, you will need to refer to texts of authors that dislike Islam. Therefore keep a level head, digest what the main points are regarding this topic and likewise do the same with what Islam says. But in the end show how Islam actually liberates women rather than subjugate (that is if your allowed to argue your preference).

And Insha'Allaah you will know this but work hard because you will have quite a bit of reading to do and make sure you answer the question.

Forgive me if I erred. Finally, may Allah (Subhaanahu wa ta'aala) make this task easy for you and bestow upon you success in the life and the hereafter. Ameen.

Attachments

• Usool al-Hadeeth.pdf
    3.2 MB · Views: 27