Best Muslim countries around the world

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I would just recommend Indonesia or Malaysia, very good people!

:salam2:

Very good people we can find from everywhere. Like at my last job, most people I have met are from Somalia and most of them are very kindly but I wouldn´t prefer Somalia right now best Islamic country in cause its inner problems.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

I will say it again: Do not count out the USA.

1) Islamic life style: Dearborne, MI; Houston Tx. Miami Fl; Long Island, NY. Orange County CA. Washington,D.C.
2) Employment: Muslims are hired and have private business ventures
3) Standard of Living: high off the hog ( this is funny people nothing else)
4) Health & Education; free education ..can't beat it...health is ok if you insurance or if you are dirt poor.
5) People: women do not get attacked in shopping malls; We can drive, we can work, we can vote, we can live anywhere we want to. It is all good.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Assalaam walaikum,

I will say it again: Do not count out the USA.

1) Islamic life style: Dearborne, MI; Houston Tx. Miami Fl; Long Island, NY. Orange County CA. Washington,D.C.
2) Employment: Muslims are hired and have private business ventures
3) Standard of Living: high off the hog ( this is funny people nothing else)
4) Health & Education; free education ..can't beat it...health is ok if you insurance or if you are dirt poor.
5) People: women do not get attacked in shopping malls; We can drive, we can work, we can vote, we can live anywhere we want to. It is all good.

Or Finland

1) Islamic life style: you can use hijab or niqab in everywhere if you like (jobs, schools)
2) Employement: mostly no problems for muslims, it is just enough if you are professional
3) Standard of Living: Newsweek just rated Finland best country to live
4) Health & Education: basic health care to everyone, no need to have insurance, free educations even in universities, cheap loans to students
5) People: :SMILY288: (here is someone from Finland) we can drive, can vote, can live everywhere we want, do what ever work we want (now our president is female)
plus) no political violence between other sections

:SMILY149:

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
As-salaamu `alaykum

No, we should count out the USA (and Finland), because this thread is about Muslim countries around the world, not any countries suitable for Muslims lol. But I do agree, they have more freedom than Europe. However, if UK follow suit in the Niqaab ban etc, I seriously believe that USA will soon follow. It's like a disease that started in Christian Europe and is spreading out westwards!

Abu Talib

Feeling low
:wasalam:

Turkey is the best amongst the Muslims countries to live in better than middle east and gulf nations who are rich only because of oil and consider non Arabs to be inferior to them and are places of high sins (except makkah and madina).
Malaysia is good but the pay there is very less (a PhD professor earns only 1400 Euros) . i would prefer Turkey to all other so called Muslim countries including Pakistan.

And Turkey is sinless ? How abot Raki

Al-Kashmiri

Staff member
And Turkey is sinless ? How abot Raki

Just to add, when I hear Turkey, the first thing I think is alcohol, because 90%+ of Turks I've met drink or sell alcohol. Also, I'm pretty sure there have more scantily clad native women than most/all other Muslim countries. Definitely more than the central and south Asian Muslim lands, definitely more than in the Middle East and definitely more than in North Africa.

Allaah knows best.

Aisya al-Humaira

الحمدلله على كل حال
Assalaam walaikum,

Sister..no one can force you to have faith or carry out the requirements of faith.

We are adults. I do not need to be supervised to pray. Nor would I work for a company that would demand I pray.

This is very personal.

To have forced prayer as a part of my wages earned takes me into territory that would require serious responses from scholars.

Wa'alaykummusalam wa rahmatullah,

The issue of force in faith does not arise here because I was talking about people who are *already* a Muslim, but he is either a practicing or a non-practicing.

Another addition, it is not meant that the person will be supervised all the time during his office hours whether he prays or not. I wrote that *before* someone is to be employed for a job, he is to be questioned whether he prays or not. Most probably during the interview. If you wont work for such company, well that is your decision. But in thinking for the long-terms effects, it can actually caused realization on people who are to look for a job to actually *check* into his deen first before trying to look for a job. If I were the employer, I would want to employ only those who prays and *at least* understand some basics about the deen so that I can have a strong trust on that person and that he understands i.e : riba' is haraam in business etc. (Let's not go to - "Well there are Muslims who do riba'a etc even though knowing its haraam").

Yet again, the condition would be a great difference between my place and yours. Because if we want to implement such requirements in non-Muslims' countries, well then, many wont have the chance to be employed.

I am not sure if I wrote well in my last post as I can see that many are not getting the picture here. As I said, it was a long struggle for that particular state in trying to carry out the Sharia'ah laws as much as they can.

On another note, I understand how some are constantly trying to stand for their country of the USA, I have nothing against them, but when talking about an *almost Islamic country* (there are no perfect Islamic country worldwide), USA isnt one of it. Not because of the people of course, but because of the country as a whole.

Lastly, as always, I dont wish this conversation will stray from its purpose and caused it to be locked in the end. Lets keep it to a *healthy two ways communications*.

Jazakallahu khaayr.

Wassalam.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
Salaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi,

Just straying off topic for a bit.

In considering non muslim countries like USA for settling down. I think it is really hard to up bring young children Islamically. There is just too much fitnah and corrupt ideology around. Many parents have for this same reason re-settled in their original home countries once their kids grow up.

This is serious because in some families the parents are at the mosque 5 times a day and if you look at their children, apart from their name you wouldn't know that they were muslim ! May Allah azz zawajal give us all hidayah and keep our young ones firm on their deen. Ameen

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walikum,

Understood...Here in the states it is against the law to have religion brought up by the employer in an interview.

Although it may seem hard to raise children as Muslims in the US..for those of us who do it is not so difficult. We make up our minds and follow our hearts.
It makes the community tighter. Our children become strong Muslims. They gain an identity and adhere to it. We have to make decisions daily that would not be found in an all Islamic country. It can be done and is done.

I would like to know what the Islamic ruling is on hiring and making an employee pray as a requirment of working.

I do need to write..every corner of the Earth belongs to Allah subhana talla. Thus a Muslim can pray everywhere on Earth. Islam belongs to Allah subhana talla thus it is universal.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member

Someone pointed out Brunei.. I just heard that the Ruler of Brunei is apparently a follower of this Sufi Shaytan called Nazim Haqqani, who promises you jannah if you become his follower (mureed).. La Hawla Wa Laa Quwataa Illa Billah..

Apparently he has also financed a 25 million pound mosque in London.. Perhaps the brothers in London can confirm..

The ruler needs someone to make dawah to him big time.. May Allah azz zawajal give him hidayah. Ameen

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
I think Lebanon would be somewhere close in contention.

About "scantily clad native women" in Lebanon; a big amount of population (almost 50%) there are Christians and they of course don´t dress as muslims. I think before they wars Lebanon were similar like Palestine before zionists - countries where different people from different religion sects lived peacefully together (even mostly).

Ibn Uthaymin

I went to Egypt for one month and a few more days. I like Egypt; the people are excellent.
I really like Malaysians too.

Gnul65

Muslim brother from Brunei

Salam to all my muslim brothers;

I am indeed from Brunei. Born and raise in Brunei. if anybody interested of knowing more about my country Brunei Darussalam, pls do msg me at
tq

Seeking Allah's Mercy

Qul HuwaAllahu Ahud!
Assalaam walaikum,

Brother...I thought the whole world loved Pakistani's and Pakistani food. I thought it was just one step below heaven.

:salam2:wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu....
remembering what i had last night i have to agree with you 100%:pgood food.yum yum.i'm not fond of meat but last night............think you are fasting:)!!

Too spicy !.. Now, if you are talking about Indian food.. ;) ( I am only kidding.. Relax !) Indian vegetarian dishes are really good though.. can't get enough of them..

my uncle and aunty are leaving for Dallas tommorrow so we had a meaty party last night.mashallah there is nothing in the world that tastes so good as the meat made in namak mandi:D.they say they gonna miss it coz in America you only get the lahori kind of food so yeah i understand why you say spicy.

but we got a lot of good food here.unfortunately not everything is good!!

Well i am not some one from outside Pakistan like most of the people here who have never lived their lives in Pakistan and are born outside. i am one of them , i have been living my whole life there and i know what does PAKISTAN mean.. furthermore, you wish better for them , it is good but they themselves dont wish better for them , this is the reality. have one visit of PAK then i will ask you how much good you wish to them.
sitting outside you cant judge, but being one of them i know Pakistan very well.
Well this is not Pakistan hated debate, but Sister Aapa said sth so i had to reply. for me PAK is no option . it is not only me who thinks like that but whoever thinks rationally and have some education for him Pak is no option. for those people who sit outside and praise Pak. i have one question for them

if for you Pak is so good, why you dont go back and serve your motherland. they will never go back , why because they know what it means. and believe me you offer green card scheme and not a single one will reject it , but they will call bad names to USA because for good Muslim you have to call bad names to USA but can run after USA Aid and when it comes to immigration you have to go because you want to live a good life . hypocrisy at its peak.

I would like to go to Turkey..

yeah truth hurts , yeah truth is bitter.
akhi you just wait till you get here,i'll be welcoming you with rotten eggs:mad:...IF you start over pakistan like that i'll only say it's true:(.but it hurts!!so will you quit it thankyou.not all are like that.you can't blame the enitre country because you never found good here!!

btw bring some rotten eggs with you coz i've never tounched one.

serving the motherland bro,yeah doing it:SMILY129:not everyone thinks individually like you bhiyya ji

@ Korai: You cant judge a contry so harshly based on only their government. Pakistan's government really does them wrong, and the police should be blamed for letting people be beat to death as well as "honor killings" Tainting not only the name of Pakistan but the name of Islam.

I have never met a Pakistani that was not gracious to me.
I wish better for them, they deserve it so much.

jazakallah khairan sister:)ppl should give others some space.if i didn't kno yo, i'd say you are one of us,coz you have spoken like a Pakistani.that's what is everybody's speech here.can't give hope can we??it's depressing but it's never NO from ALLAH.who knows this speech and talk and small awarness becomes big someday :)i pray,hope and act good and i think that's what depressed Pakistanis like akhi korai should be doing instead of whining like a baby.

since when does whining helps akhi korai????

Amir_of_spain

Asalam wailkium. Sister Aap, USA does sound very appealing depending on which city one chooses to migrate to, the muslim populated cities which you listed are good examples. But there is one main question, that is the near future, there is constant media coverage regarding the dollar collapsing by 2020 if that happens and the dollar no longer becomes the word reserve currency, if oil ends up being exchanged in euros instead of dollars than the U.S. economy will crash and then the entire country will ve adversely affected. So in the long run i don't think USA would be a good option.

I noticed a few people mention the Maldives, are you people crazy? lol, that country is the no1 place on the Earth that is close to going under water. It is a collection of small islands, it is a place to visit on your honeymoon, not to live and work in. As for Mauritania, that is one of the most poorest countries in Africa, one of the last places to relocate with your family.

At this moment the best options are Qatar, UAE (Abu Dhabi only), USA.

revert2007

Love Fishing

I like the description of Malaysia that sister Asiya has given. Sounds like a really good prospect for muslims who seek to work abroad.

About the 'people who don't pray get fired'. I don't think they are proposing to send religious police to every govt office to see to it that everyone prays Salah. (please correct me if i am wrong here)

I think it is just a stark warning to people who don't pray Salah at all and are muslims. Such people are known, you don't really need religious police for such purpose. It is the person who stays back when everyone goes ahead for Jamah of Zohr salah. I admire such actions and I think if they plan it out well, it can bring a lot of good (if they supplement the threat of loosing job with lectures/books on virtues of praying Salah on time or a similar program etc etc).

@ brother Korai... I hope you know the state of Turkey is 'secular' in every sense. There are strong influences of European culture and thought among the residents. And if you google the Turkish Tourism, you will understand what I am talking about (you don't need to do it, I am just saying).
Women can't even put on a head scarf and enter a library or a govt office. Why would someone who wants to practise Islam freely would go there in beyond me..
In addition, there is lot of domestic unrest between Sunni and Allevi & the kurds.

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

Assalamualikum.
The reality many have failed to know about Malaysia.

yes it can be considered the best place to practise your deen without any problems.You may grow your beard as long as you want.You may wear niqab.You have a wide chance for dawah.Yet it is not a paradise for Non Malaysians.You will never able to find a job in Malaysia as the policy has been changed.

No Job offers for Non Malaysians.
No university scholarships for Non Malaysians.
Think twice to be in Malaysia if you are not a Malaysian.

There are many racial issues going on. But am able to look the whole stuffs from a Muslim perceptive.

The education is the worse.Sorry to say the truth but that is the reality.If you graduated from malaysia,your degree will worth nothing.They have very low standard of education especially in the universities.

I have no idea why would people choose Malaysia for their education.Perhaps because of the good scholarships but now no more scholarships.

The politic is not stable.

It was the best country during Dr.Mahathir's time.It is just a history now.
The bottom line,Malaysia is not a place for foreigner.Malaysia wants your money(tourism) yet they wont give you a single cent.

Allah knows the best
Assalamualikum

Just a Guy

Reinventing Myself
If I had to live anywhere else that was an Islamic country, it would probably be in order of preference:

1. Turkey (though I don't speak any Turkish so that would be a huge adjustment)

2. Morocco (beautiful country and some of the brothers at masjid told me that a fair few Americans live over there after they convert)

3. Egypt (I've always wanted to see the pyramids...)

Now if I could pick any country, it would be (again, order of preference)

1. Australia (I have friends over there and I love the Aussie culture)

2. UK (lots of Muslims already in the UK. Plus, football!)

3. Canada (USA Jr. I hope no Canadians around here see that though...)