• What is a Miswak?

Votes: 6 13.0%

• Total voters

samiha

---------
Staff member
:salam2:

ok ok, when the smart people come around, please don't have a go at me :p

So it's not that it becomes into string akhi. It's like a stick kind of, only, after you scrape off the outer bark, inside there are like little fibers which fan into a "toothbrush" kind of shape when you chew on it or move it around.

You can brush lightly or hard or whatever. It doesn't hurt at all, it's not like a toothbrush in some ways. It just... is... lol bad description i know. It's like the fibers kind of go in and around your teeth and the inner stronger part of the miswak which is still under the bark with the fibers still together is what is pressing against your teeth or something.

But sometimes ... well a lot of the times for me, the fibers come off in your mouth, and that makes it a bit annoying, but otherwise,

ALhamdulillah :)

wasalam

alkathiri

As-Shafaa'i(Brother)
So it's not that it becomes into string akhi. It's like a stick kind of, only, after you scrape off the outer bark, inside there are like little fibers which fan into a "toothbrush" kind of shape when you chew on it or move it around.

You can brush lightly or hard or whatever. It doesn't hurt at all, it's not like a toothbrush in some ways. It just... is... lol bad description i know. It's like the fibers kind of go in and around your teeth and the inner stronger part of the miswak which is still under the bark with the fibers still together is what is pressing against your teeth or something.

But sometimes ... well a lot of the times for me, the fibers come off in your mouth, and that makes it a bit annoying, but otherwise,

ALhamdulillah :)

wasalam

I thought using the word chew is wrong. Because what do you mean by chew. Obviously , not bite the fibre or string

Why dont i try and see how it goes...:shymuslima1:

Thanks . JazakAllah khair

meer suhail

ILM seeker
yuppy

nice poll ,.,
i use both miswak and toothbrush/paste .,miswak only in wudu Alhamdullilah all 5 times ,is gr8 ,,,,,,is doing what brush was not able to do for 23 years hehe ,reall white shine ...MASHALLAH
:wasalam: :salah: :SMILY259:

Sulikha

Tawakal-Allal-Allah
If we brush a lot of times , does it spoil the gums??
What is the number of times to use it daily?? 7? 5 fard prayers, morning n night?

:ma: Our sister give you the answer before me Alhamdullilah. Anyway I know onething for sure that If the prophet said, something is good for us then it is good for us, so brushing that many times does not spoil the gums. Lets remember prophet Muhamed (scw) was sent as mercy to the worlds.:hearts:

5 fard prayers, and when one wakes up or after each meal if we could only do it:girl3: , you know now even dentists recomends to brush and to floss every meal.

O Allah help us to follow the sunah:tti_sister:

Peaceful661

Miswaak!!!!!!!!

:SMILY252:Man how can a muslim leave this great SUNNAH! Alhamdulilah i use MISWAK only and never use toothbrush. SOOOOOO MANY Benefits! You know it even removed my old plaque. In my home my teeth are in the best of health Alhamdulilah as compared to my brothers and parents. I can't live without two things, one is miswak and the other is ITTAR/PERFUME. Alhamdulilah i feel happy just looking at a miswak. SUBHANALLAH! May Allah give us the power and emaan to use miswaak.(AMEEN)

Asja

Pearl of Islaam

Yes, I use miswak Alhamdulillah, but I do not use it always. :shymuslima1:Sometimes I forget to buy new miswak after I spend old one, so for that time I do not use.:hijabi:

But Alhmadulillah, I try to use miswak, because it is Sunnah,and it is very healthy as well,mashallah.

:wasalam:

saima abdullah

my life iz 4 Allah
i left my brush and doing siwak alhumdullilah i going fine... and it feel so good,,, i use brush when i end up my stick of siwak,,,

Arfatzafar

Miswaak!!!!!!!!

:SMILY252:Man how can a muslim leave this great SUNNAH! Alhamdulilah i use MISWAK only and never use toothbrush. SOOOOOO MANY Benefits! You know it even removed my old plaque. In my home my teeth are in the best of health Alhamdulilah as compared to my brothers and parents. I can't live without two things, one is miswak and the other is ITTAR/PERFUME. Alhamdulilah i feel happy just looking at a miswak. SUBHANALLAH! May Allah give us the power and emaan to use miswaak.(AMEEN)