Egypt to face its first Tunisian-inspired protests

Maha*

:salam2:

If someone knows, then I would be interested to know what have the well known and reputable scholars in Egypt have said with regards to the demonstrators on streets of Egyptian cities and the ongoing violence that is taking place against the demonstrators ? What is their advice ?

Thanks.. JazakAllahu Khayran

Wasalaamalaykum

I have only found this article but it's in Arabic. I also haven't read it yet.

I also read your posts.I would also want my muslim brother and sisters,where ever they are to be happy.We all want that stupid dictator to go.We all are with you.

:)

Maha*

I mentioned 'reputable' scholars in my earlier post. I don't think Dr Qardhawi falls in to that category.

Thanks for your help anyways.

Sorry, that's the only thing I found so far. Will keep an eye out for any reputable scholars inshaa Allah.

justoneofmillion

I mentioned 'reputable' scholars in my earlier post. I don't think Dr Qardhawi falls in to that category.

Thanks for your help anyways.

:salam2:What an insensitive and disheartening remark!Did you even bother to read what he had to say? or try to find some translation at least..

A lot of people think that the scholars from within your sect that you approve of from the hight of your knowledge are not to spend a second thought on. I am not one of them,And I don't think this way.All of them are respectable scholars who dedicate their entire lives to Islam and that sometimes make mistakes subhanallah.

If you can so boldly claim to Appropriate yourself the mind of god, so be it, but be prepared to Reap what you sow in the process.If you wanna get into this my scholar your scholar devilish and futile nonsense.Yahdi llaha ma khalaq.

Furthermore,this is a serious matter here, please refrain from ruining the thread as always when it comes to political matters and let the sister inform us.It is her future that is at stake,the future of her family,her neighbors and children.Google your answer or search for it in the news if you are sincerely seeking to understand.

Muslims are being tortured by the police, sexually humiliated in jail just because they speak their mind against corruption and injustice,hungering,not finding jobs with diplomas and high degrees, not being able to marry and afford a shelter ,for years and years spat on, beaten and you think they are waiting for what a a"reputable"scholar according to you sitting in Texas has to say on a matter of survival?.Good luck with that.

PS.Sister Maha please do carry on informing us.

BrotherInIslam7

La Illaha Illa Allah
Staff member
:salam2:What an insensitive and disheartening remark!Did you even bother to read what he had to say? or try to find some translation at least..

:wasalam:

As a laymen, I am supposed to heed to the scholars and people of knowledge whom I trust and they have advised against this particular person. The deviations of Qardhawi have been mentioned on TTI again and again, so I don't think I need to post a link to that.

A lot of people think that the scholars from within your sect that you approve of from the hight of your knowledge are not to spend a second thought on. I am not one of them,And I don't think this way.All of them are respectable scholars who dedicate their entire lives to Islam and that sometimes make mistakes subhanallah.

Well, you think that you are on a better path by not adhering to Dawatus Salafiyyah exclusively, then it's your choice. I have made my decision Alhamdulillah.

Furthermore,this is a serious matter here, please refrain from ruining the thread as always when it comes to political matters and let the sister inform us.It is her future that is at stake,the future of her family,her neighbors and children.Google your answer or search for it in the news if you are sincerely seeking to understand.

I don't think sister Maha felt that I was derailing her thread, else she would have mentioned it. I made the effort to pose my question in a sensible manner, so I don't understand why you are cautioning me in such a way. Anyhow..

Muslims are being tortured by the police, sexually humiliated in jail just because they speak their mind against corruption and injustice,hungering,not finding jobs with diplomas and high degrees, not being able to marry and afford a shelter ,for years and years spat on, beaten and you think they are waiting for what a a"reputable"scholar according to you sitting in Texas has to say on a matter of survival?.Good luck with that.

If muslims want Islamic solutions for their state, then 'yes' they should seek the words and advice of the knowledgeable and renowned scholars of Ahlus Sunnah.

And what does it have to do with me being in Texas ?

Can I also request you to not post in such a condescending manner. Thanks

No hard feelings. I just want to participate in this thread like the rest of the members in this thread InshaAllah.

May Allah azz zawajal grant peaceful society to all muslims around the world and protect their wealth and honor. Ameen

Wasalaamalaykum waa rahmatullahi

arzafar

well it seems from Pakistan to Egypt it's all the same. corruption, poverty and unemployment. If Egyptians succeed like the Tunisians, maybe Pakistanis will wake up too.

anyhow ill be making dua for my Egyptian brothers and sisters. Just one advise id like to give; DO NOT TRUST YAHUD O NASARA! EVER!
otherwise all your hard work maybe lost.

also perhaps you should start a blog on blogger.com so that many more people can see what is happening in Egypt.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
229486256.gif

229486974.gif

230472402.gif

230989623.gif

Get out, Mubarak! Saudi Arabia is waiting for you

231094287.gif

Egypt's Internet Revolution

231483919.gif

Egyptian police and the Domino Effect. FREEDOM!

231532097.gif

Maha*

If you can so boldly claim to Appropriate yourself the mind of god, so be it, but be prepared to Reap what you sow in the process.If you wanna get into this my scholar your scholar devilish and futile nonsense.Yahdi llaha ma khalaq.

PS.Sister Maha please do carry on informing us.

I understand your concern, but I've also read many posts from BrotherInIslam7 and I understood he meant no disrespect but just respectfully didn't want to read something from that particular Sheikh. Thank you so much, but let's focus on the main thing right here. We are all brothers and sisters in Islam and we need to unite! I don't want any troubles, please. I've already left the other thread I made on the Froum's Lounge, so please let's stick to the news and what's important. :)

Al Bardaa'y just arrived in Cairo today and he stated that he's willing to assume power temporarily if the people want that.

Egyptian authorities insist on blocking Egypt from the world.. blocking Blackberry service from all three cell phone networks .. And the blocking Facebook and major news websites.

(R.N.N exclusive) Egypt Air flight MS 299 number carrying 15 parcels of gold to Luxor as a prelude to travel to Brussels tomorrow
The information is from sources within the Egypt Air

(R.N.N) The death of two demonstrators by bullets in Suez and the situation is very extreme.

This is from AlAzhar.

http://www.almasryalyoum.com/news/
جبهة-علماء-الأزهر-تدعو-لاستمرار-التظاهرات-وتؤكد-دخول-الجحور-غير-جائز-شرعًا-لغير-النمل

(add the arabic after the English in a new webpage)

(R.N.N) Urgent: confirmed - Egyptian police deliberately fire live bullets on citizens in Sinai

Maha*

(R.N.N) Cairo - injuries in Nekabet al atebaa' and police refuse the entry of any ambulance or the exit of any injured person.

In Salloom: Protesters circulate police station and news about gun shoots fired

Urgent | Suhag has LARGE protest with Very large police presence

justoneofmillion

:wasalam:

As a laymen, I am supposed to heed to the scholars and people of knowledge whom I trust and they have advised against this particular person. The deviations of Qardhawi have been mentioned on TTI again and again, so I don't think I need to post a link to that.
I don't think sister Maha felt that I was derailing her thread, else she would have mentioned it. I made the effort to pose my question in a sensible manner, so I don't understand why you are cautioning me in such a way. Anyhow..

I wonder though why when Allah swt commands to be just above all and even against our own selves,still nothing is mentioned on the deviances of other scholar of which I won't mention the names out of brotherly respect and to remain true to my self by not adhering to what I hate the most which is creating hate and suspicion among brothers. I don't fall for genetic fallacies,I try to hold onto principles , look for and promote the good ,even if this means extracting it from all the evil it might be surrounded by.Even if a Kaffir is promoting a notion that is just and fair I compete with them in doing good and make it my own let alone a Muslim,am not all knowing.But before I do that I try to be humble enough , listen and analyze that particular case, I don't exclude. Righteousness has become such a scarce treasure nowadays that I can not resolve to this sort of picky thinking.

If muslims want Islamic solutions for their state, then 'yes' they should seek the words and advice of the knowledgeable and renowned scholars of Ahlus Sunnah.
Yes,if the solution is uncompromisingly Islamic, as long as these scholars are completely independent and informed on the situations of Muslims in that particular country.In any case these people who are fighting for their rights to be free are not to be condemned by any scholar.

You can not tell the one that has wrongly been a victim of torture not to protest in hope to change things, or less you'de make of the chicken and egg puzzle your own short legged exclusive thought.

There might be more cautious and less harmful measures to be taken into account if available allahu aalam and that's what we all hope for, but if all that remains is to fight back so be it.You can not tell the poor and hungry not to steal food if you are not prepared to give him any as much as you can not tell the unjustly imprisoned not to fight for his freedom.(Please do bear in mind that Am not specifically talking about you here).Yet,these countries have become a prison with an open roof for many.

This curiously reminds me in a metaphorical way of the saying of Hassan Al bassri rahimahou llah when he heard that a thief had been arrested.

"So the thief who steals secretly has arrested the thief who stole openly"

And what does it have to do with me being in Texas ?

It was not ill meant,it 's just to highlight to the fact that you might not be aware of the harshness of realities on the ground.I myself live in Europe but but I have cousins,uncles ,friends and family business running in a neighboring country which is basically in the same socio-political situation.So I know what these people might feel.

Anyways let s not dwell in this, jazakhallahu rahmatan wa khairan .There are no hard feelings on my side either it is really a matter of concepts not more. May Allah swt bless you and guide us all.

Sister Maha sorry I promise this was my last digressing reply.

Aapa

Mirajmom
Assalaam walaikum,

Wow.

First, our dua is with the brothers and sisters in Egypt. It has been too long for the dictatorship to have been in power.

Yes, Sister Harb..I can taste the freedom for Palestine. I can taste it.

As for the we need the right scholar to tell me what to do...this ain't the time. This is the time for the heart to work. There are many a scholar who worked with the corrupt ruler. No, this is time for men of action. It is time to act.

Sister Maha keep up the good work. I have been spreading the word. May Allah reward your efforts to keep us informed.

Ahsen

Please don't turn this thread to another topic.If you want to discuss you can make another thread for that.As for Maha if you are having trouble accessing some blocked sites,you can use tor.It's free,safe and works.

Maha*

Please don't turn this thread to another topic.If you want to discuss you can make another thread for that.As for Maha if you are having trouble accessing some blocked sites,you can use tor.It's free,safe and works.

Thank you. Don't worry, they have blocked FB, Twitter and SMS services, and yes I have the program that unblocks any website. JazakAllah khair. The bigger problem is that they might cut off the internet any moment (it's been really slow all day) but the wonderful group that posts truthful news has already thought of plan C and is in the process of having it's own radio to keep us updated. And there has been confirmed news that they will cut the water in all towns and cities. Khair inshaa Allah.

(R.N.N) Many reports that the internet and the mobile network will be switched off tomorrow to stop the communication between protesters and try to stop all protests.

Security closes Giza Square almost entirely in anticipation of ElBaradei attending Friday prayers mosque there. And the arrest of dozens randomly and instructions for all commercial shops to close on Friday.

Safwat Al-Sharif: National leaders will stay strong and not escape.

sister herb

Official TTI Chef

Thanks sister about your efforts to inform us. May Allah keep Egyptian people strong and give you victory.

:tti_sister:

Valerie

Thank you. Don't worry, they have blocked FB, Twitter and SMS services, and yes I have the program that unblocks any website. JazakAllah khair. The bigger problem is that they might cut off the internet any moment (it's been really slow all day) but the wonderful group that posts truthful news has already thought of plan C and is in the process of having it's own radio to keep us updated. And there has been confirmed news that they will cut the water in all towns and cities. Khair inshaa Allah.

I went looking for news about this on the sites I usually go to.. I read that your government (I believe) said that they didn't cut anything, but it was just slow from so many people logging in. However, Twitter themselves said they were blocked.

Amazing how news organizations can't get something like that right. Makes me question everything else they say.

This is breaking my heart, I can't do anything, but I will continue to pray and hope that no more life is lost...

I know I sound silly but I have to say it again.. Be safe :)

Tabassum07

Smile for Allah

I saw it on Yahoo news that they have cut off all internet, cell phone lines, landlines and electricity in Egypt. Sister Maha hasn't been on since yesterday. She mentioned she has heard confirmed news that they will cut off water?!?!?!

I pray everything is well. :(

sister herb

Official TTI Chef
Egyptian Nobel laureate ElBaradei in house arrest

By SARAH EL DEEB and MAGGIE MICHAEL, Associated Press Sarah El Deeb And Maggie Michael, Associated Press – 5 mins ago
CAIRO – Tens of thousands of anti-government protesters poured into the streets of Egypt Friday, stoning and confronting police who fired back with rubber bullets and tear gas in the most violent and chaotic scenes yet in the challenge to President Hosni Mubarak's 30-year rule. Even a Nobel Peace laureate was placed under house arrest after joining the outraged demonstrators.

Groups of thousands of protesters, some chanting "out, out, out," gathered at different venues across Cairo, a city of about 18 million people, some marching toward major squares and across scenic Nile bridges. Security officials said there were protests in at least 11 of the country's 28 provinces.

It was a major escalation in the movement that began on Tuesday to demand 82-year-old Mubarak's ouster and vent rage at years of government neglect of rampant poverty, unemployment and rising food prices. Security officials said protesters ransacked the headquarters of Mubarak's ruling party in the cities of Mansoura north of Cairo and Suez, east of the capital.

Some of the most serious violence Friday was in Suez, where protesters seized weapons stored in a police station and asked the policemen inside to leave the building before they burned it down. They also set ablaze about 20 police trucks parked nearby.

Internet and cell phone services, at least in Cairo, appeared to be largely cut off since overnight in the most extreme measure so far to try to hamper protesters form organizing. However, that did not prevent tens of thousands from flooding the streets, emboldened by the recent uprising in Tunisia — another North African Arab nation.

"It's time for this government to change," said Amal Ahmed, a 22-year-old protester. "I want a better future for me and my family when I get married."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110128/ap_on_re_mi_ea/ml_egypt_protest

Abu Talib

Feeling low
Egypt has extended its curfew to all cities as anti-government demonstrators in Cairo besiege key buildings, including the foreign ministry and the state broadcaster.
The headquarters of the governing NDP party has been set ablaze.Egyptian armed forces backed by armored cars deployed in Cairo and other major cities.